Author Topic: Wayne Rooney  (Read 296678 times)

Online downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
Re: The White Pele
« Reply #120 on: September 14, 2011, 07:03:02 pm »
People say Rooney is shit in internationals, yet big up Tevez.

Some people just can't rate anything/one English

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #121 on: September 14, 2011, 07:08:35 pm »
I've been bigging up David Villa :D is he shit in internationals?
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: September 14, 2011, 07:12:37 pm »
People say Rooney is shit in internationals, yet big up Tevez.

Some people just can't rate anything/one English

Not true. Gerrard, Henderson, Johnson, Carroll, Kelly, Flanagan, Robinson, Sterling, Morgan, Wisdom, Downing and Spearing are fantastic players for example.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #123 on: September 14, 2011, 07:13:08 pm »
Can anyone a little more clued up than me confirm that Rooney has scored more than 20 goals in the League only once in his entire career?

Offline NealFrom25Yards

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #124 on: September 14, 2011, 07:15:57 pm »
Can anyone a little more clued up than me confirm that Rooney has scored more than 20 goals in the League only once in his entire career?

Yup. 09/10.

Torres and Drogba have only managed it once as well.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #125 on: September 14, 2011, 07:36:11 pm »
Yup. 09/10.

Torres and Drogba have only managed it once as well.

Scoring 20 league goals isn't the be all and end all of a world class striker I know, but it's something to think about. A striker is supposed to score goals, and Rooney goes too long sometimes without scoring and when he does it's in drips and drabs. I just can't see the desire from some people to have him touted as one of the best two or three players in the world. He simply doesn't do enough what he can do consistently to warrant that claim.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #126 on: September 14, 2011, 07:41:19 pm »
not in competitive games he didn't.
I know, i was being a c*nt like most of people that have jumped on the media bandwagon and talking about something that's bollocks.  Who cares?  He's certainly not the new/old Messi, not a patch on the Real Ronaldo, or Maradonna and more.  Trouble is Slurgie is probably laughing his cock off at the moment with all the hysteria that's ging on.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: September 14, 2011, 07:47:01 pm »
Trouble is Slurgie is probably laughing his cock off at the moment with all the hysteria that's ging on.

That's true. He knows he could say the Earth is flat and people would debate whether it really is.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline caspertheghost

• Legacy Fan
  • When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you
« Reply #128 on: September 14, 2011, 08:13:37 pm »
the closest to a white Pele was George Best
What kind of work gets you the nickname Casper the ghost?

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #129 on: September 14, 2011, 09:09:56 pm »
Pele's the black Steven Gerrard.
Rooney's the fat Steven Gerrard.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: September 14, 2011, 09:33:55 pm »
Unfortunately Rooney is a brilliant footballer with outstanding talent. However its bizarre to discuss his talents in the same sentence as an icon of football that was once labelled the best in the world.

But don't forget these are the words of the Slur Tramp with his own eccentric agenda's.

Offline its cold in the stands

• e e cummings
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: September 14, 2011, 10:23:34 pm »
fergusons about 40 years too late, everton fans were calling colin harvey the white pele donkeys ago.

Offline AndrewLFC_1971

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: September 14, 2011, 10:32:20 pm »
Rooney's an overrated gobshite.

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #133 on: September 14, 2011, 10:43:47 pm »
Well at least Paddy and L6 agree with me.

Still stand by what I said 8 hours ago. Id rather have Rooney than Villa.

Offline C

• ock. Skinny bastard attempting to give himself a brekkie heart attack. Miserable, Unless we win of course.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: September 14, 2011, 10:46:48 pm »
Well at least Paddy and L6 agree with me.

Still stand by what I said 8 hours ago. Id rather have Rooney than Villa.
Well thats it decided then, haha - on which basis would you prefer Rooney to Villa? because he is younger?
People still underrate Cristiano Ronaldo.

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
  • The house that Shanks built.
« Reply #135 on: September 14, 2011, 10:48:45 pm »
Can't see him not getting over 20 league goals this season unfortunetly.
Bill Shankly-"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"

Mitch Hedberg-"Dogs are forever in the push up position"

Offline muyuu

• Google Groomer. reddit remain campaigner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
« Reply #136 on: September 14, 2011, 10:50:01 pm »
the closest to a white Pele was George Best

Zico was called the white Pele in Brazil. I think it's a bad joke to reuse his nickname.
"Chelsea have confirmed that their interim fans will leave the club when Roman Abramovich does"
-sinnermichael

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303961.msg11432382#msg11432382

Online sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: September 14, 2011, 10:52:23 pm »
Can't see him not getting over 20 league goals this season unfortunetly.

well he's got 34 games to score 12 goals. unless he gets injured and considering he takes penalties that's hardly going out on a limb. he'll get closer to 30 than 20 unfortunately.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: September 14, 2011, 10:54:43 pm »
Pele was quicker and had more flair. He was like a mixture of Neymar and Rooney and on top of that an outstanding header of the ball.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #139 on: September 14, 2011, 10:54:50 pm »
Well thats it decided then, haha - on which basis would you prefer Rooney to Villa? because he is younger?

Because he will outscore and outperform Villa this season and more than likely the next few as well. So in a way, yes I suppose it is because he's younger.

If it was Villa or Rooneyaldinho and he had scored 8 in 4 for Madrid/Milan instead of Manchester? Who would you pick then?

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #140 on: September 14, 2011, 10:55:27 pm »
Rooney's an overrated gobshite.

May be over rated but i'd love for us to have a player with his ability
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #141 on: September 14, 2011, 11:03:27 pm »
Why the fuck are people seriously talking about spud face in the same breath as Pele? It's fucking Pele you are talking about. Pele. You sound fucking ridiculous, you do know that?
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline AndrewLFC_1971

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: September 14, 2011, 11:03:52 pm »
May be over rated but i'd love for us to have a player with his ability
Suarez ?

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #143 on: September 14, 2011, 11:04:53 pm »
Why the fuck are people seriously talking about spud face in the same breath as Pele? It's fucking Pele you are talking about. Pele. You sound fucking ridiculous, you do know that?

Have you even read the thread? You sound fucking ridiculous, you do know that?

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #144 on: September 14, 2011, 11:08:56 pm »
I'd have Rooney over Villa now, but not Villa at his best.

I'd have Suarez over both 'cos I'm biased.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #145 on: September 14, 2011, 11:11:01 pm »

I'd have Suarez over both 'cos I'm biased. (Just, bet yes)

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #146 on: September 14, 2011, 11:13:07 pm »
Have you even read the thread? You sound fucking ridiculous, you do know that?
You have the honour of most retarded post on this thread for this piece of nonsense, regarding your reasons why Rooney is 'better' than Villa

3 champions league finals in 4 years and how many league titles does Rooney have. About 5 or 6 at the age of 25. I can't really count internationals either because there is no way Villa would do that well for England whilst by the age of 29 in that team Rooney would be very close to Villas record. No doubt.
So I would quit while I was behind if I was you.
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #147 on: September 14, 2011, 11:15:30 pm »
Excellent.

Still rather have Rooney than Villa though. I'll have a £20 charity bet with anyone who thinks Villa will outscore Rooney this season. Barring any massive injuries to either player. Going to the HJC of course.

Offline C

• ock. Skinny bastard attempting to give himself a brekkie heart attack. Miserable, Unless we win of course.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: September 14, 2011, 11:17:08 pm »

I'd have Suarez over both 'cos I'm biased.
I genuienly would have Suarez over Rooney, I don't know whether him being a Liverpool player has completly warped my brain because I think we are very much in the minority, if i could pick one for the rest of the season then i'd probably take Villa after some deliberation.

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #149 on: September 14, 2011, 11:25:39 pm »
So you'll take the bet?

Offline Dam

• Legacy Fan
  • Rush scored 1, Rush scored 2,...
« Reply #150 on: September 14, 2011, 11:34:29 pm »
fuck him.... we refer to a lad from our 5 aside as the white Pele (he's shite) so I want full rights to that term

Haha, when I was at school we used to call a lad 'Pele', that was fucking shit, taking the piss. Used to knock round his house and ask his
Mum was Pele coming out to play! Fuck me, I've just realised his name was Rooney! No fucking messing!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 11:36:49 pm by Dam »

Offline AndrewLFC_1971

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: September 14, 2011, 11:51:34 pm »
Suarez pisses all over the manc prick.

Offline muyuu

• Google Groomer. reddit remain campaigner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
« Reply #152 on: September 14, 2011, 11:54:15 pm »
Excellent.

Still rather have Rooney than Villa though. I'll have a £20 charity bet with anyone who thinks Villa will outscore Rooney this season. Barring any massive injuries to either player. Going to the HJC of course.

Not sure about that. Villa will have more minutes now that Alexis Sanchez is injured. Before that, if only because of the rotation, I'd expect Rooney to score more. Barcelona will also last more in knock-out competitions.
"Chelsea have confirmed that their interim fans will leave the club when Roman Abramovich does"
-sinnermichael

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303961.msg11432382#msg11432382

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #153 on: September 14, 2011, 11:55:08 pm »
Excellent.

Well it was a fast moving thread and I've left this here for 45 minutes now. Seems everyone was so quick to slate him/pick Villa, but when it comes to it nobody want to put the money on the table, what gives?

Offline C

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: September 14, 2011, 11:56:26 pm »
So you'll take the bet?
Yeh man i'll take you up on that 20 quid, and thats showing some faith after Rooneys steaming start and Villa's slow one.

Are we including cup competitions in this bet? Champions League could be the clincher knowing Pep's rotation policy im sure Rooney will start more league games.

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #155 on: September 15, 2011, 12:03:04 am »
Yeh man i'll take you up on that 20 quid, and thats showing some faith after Rooneys steaming start and Villa's slow one.

Are we including cup competitions in this bet? Champions League could be the clincher knowing Pep's rotation policy im sure Rooney will start more league games.

Just put a load of shite out and made it far to complicated. What would you prefer, just a 38 game season? After all, the players in question cant be held responsible if the team is knocked out of a cup early, plus spanish cup games are 2 legs compared to 1 FA cup.

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #156 on: September 15, 2011, 12:03:44 am »
Or goals per game ratio if we want to get complicated.

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: September 15, 2011, 12:15:08 am »
Quality player.
choose Life.

Offline C

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: September 15, 2011, 12:18:47 am »
get complicated, fucking hell - wouldn't take carol vorderman to keep up with domestic and european competition goals, but fine Rooney's 8-2 head start will still get beaten come end of the season

Pique and Puyol back and Barca will be tearing teams apart again even without Iniesta, Villa will score more league goals.

its on, bit of a mingey move calling people out for not agreeing to a bet inside 45 minutes, some people do shut the lid on the laptop and do other things like.

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: September 15, 2011, 12:26:42 am »
mingey move

Quality alliteration there