Author Topic: UFC/MMA thread  (Read 1894157 times)

Online Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: UFC/MMA thread
« Reply #26240 on: October 6, 2017, 07:09:26 pm »
Kevin Lee weighed in at 156 and has an hour to shed the extra pound. Imagine how fucked off you would be if you were Tony Ferguson right now.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26241 on: October 6, 2017, 07:51:57 pm »
Kevin Lee weighed in at 156 and has an hour to shed the extra pound. Imagine how fucked off you would be if you were Tony Ferguson right now.

Kevin Lee is a daft fucking tit, suits him right.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26242 on: October 6, 2017, 08:02:30 pm »
and if he does make the weight, he's going to get destroyed tomorrow after this.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #26243 on: October 6, 2017, 08:07:07 pm »
Failing to wake weight for a Championship bout should be a sackable offense.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26244 on: October 6, 2017, 08:10:15 pm »
Failing to wake weight for a Championship bout should be a sackable offense.

if he doesn't make weight, supposedly then only Ferguson would be able to win the belt.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26245 on: October 6, 2017, 08:11:42 pm »
if he doesn't make weight, supposedly then only Ferguson would be able to win the belt.

Yup. He basically forfeits the bout.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26246 on: October 6, 2017, 08:14:52 pm »
Yup. He basically forfeits the bout.

He weighed in now at 154 and a half. He's not winning after this tho.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26247 on: October 6, 2017, 08:15:48 pm »
He weighed in now at 154 and a half. He's not winning after this tho.

Yeah he's going to be absolutely wrecked tomorrow.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #26248 on: October 6, 2017, 11:35:36 pm »
Would love to see Ferguson give him a beat down to be honest. Not a big fan of Kevin Lee. Think Tony will handle him.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26249 on: October 7, 2017, 02:08:37 am »
Would love to see Ferguson give him a beat down to be honest. Not a big fan of Kevin Lee. Think Tony will handle him.

Both dummies, Ferguson edges it mostly because nothing he says makes sense. Hopefully Lee wins early and hilariously.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Online Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26250 on: October 8, 2017, 12:18:55 pm »
https://streamable.com/1uuzz

Incredible submission by Mighty Mouse!

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #26251 on: October 8, 2017, 12:45:25 pm »
Some amazing jiu-jitsu on display last night, truly top level stuff from Werdum, Ferguson and Borella who smashed her debut performance but Mighty Mouse is something else to watch, his base, scrambling, speed etc on the ground make it so hard for anyone to compete as he is always going for the submission and is dangerous even when in a negative position!

The transition from the suplex to the arm bar from DJ was simply beautiful and has to be one of the best submissions ever seen in the Octagon. To do that stuff in training is impressive but under the highest of pressure situations

Cap doffed

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #26252 on: October 8, 2017, 01:53:38 pm »
Stayed up all the way to the ring walk for Ferguson v Lee and then promptly fell asleep. Absolutely sickened, anywhere to get highlights of it or even the full fight?
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26253 on: October 8, 2017, 02:35:16 pm »
That armbar from Mighty Mouse was insane, one of the craziest submissions you’ll ever see in the UFC! Ferguson with the inevitable finish as well, wonder if he’ll get his chance to get KO’d by McGregor.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26254 on: October 8, 2017, 03:58:37 pm »
That armbar from Mighty Mouse was insane, one of the craziest submissions you’ll ever see in the UFC! Ferguson with the inevitable finish as well, wonder if he’ll get his chance to get KO’d by McGregor.

If he gets hit like he did against lee, he is going to get ko'd without a doubt

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26255 on: October 8, 2017, 04:47:07 pm »
If he gets hit like he did against lee, he is going to get ko'd without a doubt

Agree with this
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #26256 on: October 9, 2017, 01:12:19 pm »
The hyperextension of that armbar looked brutal. Thought he was going to rip it from his shoulder.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26257 on: October 9, 2017, 01:13:41 pm »

What and actually have McGregor defend a belt, don't be ridiculous.

Might Mouse was on point! GOAT.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26258 on: October 9, 2017, 02:57:46 pm »
What and actually have McGregor defend a belt, don't be ridiculous.

Might Mouse was on point! GOAT.

Dana said that's the next and only fight. Nate Diaz hasn't even been discussed

Expect to see GSP vs McGregor next then...

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26259 on: October 9, 2017, 02:59:35 pm »
Dana said that's the next and only fight. Nate Diaz hasn't even been discussed

Expect to see GSP vs McGregor next then...

I'd trust what Dana says about as far as I can throw him.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26260 on: October 9, 2017, 09:24:11 pm »
I'd trust what Dana says about as far as I can throw him.

I don’t think you’ve ever made that clear before mate!!

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26261 on: October 9, 2017, 09:25:55 pm »
I don’t think you’ve ever made that clear before mate!!

Ha! True.

I just really don't like Dana and the way he treats his fighters.

Ferguson on MMAHour saying he wants the fight with Conor but doesn't think anyone else wants the fight. Management or Conor or UFC.
« Last Edit: October 9, 2017, 09:30:10 pm by Chakan »

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #26262 on: October 9, 2017, 09:28:17 pm »
UFC 216 shows ferguson - Lee as the main event and DJ going for a historic 11th defense as the co main event. DJ should just leave the UFC
Farcical really.

If he was fighting on the same card as McGregor or GSP you'd understand, but Ferguson and Lee?

Silly.

Brilliant finish by him. One of the best I've seen.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #26263 on: October 10, 2017, 08:51:05 am »
Ha! True.

I just really don't like Dana and the way he treats his fighters.

Ferguson on MMAHour saying he wants the fight with Conor but doesn't think anyone else wants the fight. Management or Conor or UFC.

Strange. Bar facing off against Diaz to clinch the trilogy, surely defending his belt against Ferguson is McGregor's only viable option? Unless he wants to cut wieght and face Aldo again? Come to think of it, wouldn't a PPV headlined by McGregor vs Aldo be more enticing than McGregor vs Diaz III?
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26264 on: October 10, 2017, 04:52:06 pm »
Strange. Bar facing off against Diaz to clinch the trilogy, surely defending his belt against Ferguson is McGregor's only viable option? Unless he wants to cut wieght and face Aldo again? Come to think of it, wouldn't a PPV headlined by McGregor vs Aldo be more enticing than McGregor vs Diaz III?

Aldo's done. Max is the 145 fight to make

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26265 on: October 10, 2017, 04:53:38 pm »

GSP vs McGregor, Diaz vs McGregor, Edgar vs McGregor

Basically any fight that doesn't require McGregor to defend his belt, is what he'll be interested in.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26266 on: October 10, 2017, 04:57:40 pm »
He'd beat the piss out of Diaz. Ferguson would be far more interesting if Ferguson could get him to the ground, on their feet, McGregor would box the ears off him.

I personally have no interest in the Diaz trilogy. McGregor is the better fighter. I'd love to see McGregor v Ferguson.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26267 on: October 10, 2017, 05:07:01 pm »
He'd beat the piss out of Diaz. Ferguson would be far more interesting if Ferguson could get him to the ground, on their feet, McGregor would box the ears off him.

I personally have no interest in the Diaz trilogy. McGregor is the better fighter. I'd love to see McGregor v Ferguson.

That's a very definitive position to take on a guy who easily finished McGregor and then lost a close decision.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26268 on: October 10, 2017, 05:11:51 pm »
That's a very definitive position to take on a guy who easily finished McGregor and then lost a close decision.
McGregor learned his lesson from the first fight. Diaz is a cool character but a very average fighter (at the elite level). He didn't come close to taking down McGregor in the second fight. He simply doesn't compare to McGregor on the feet.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26269 on: October 10, 2017, 05:36:42 pm »
McGregor learned his lesson from the first fight. Diaz is a cool character but a very average fighter (at the elite level). He didn't come close to taking down McGregor in the second fight. He simply doesn't compare to McGregor on the feet.

Well the best way to prove you right would be for the two of them to have a rubber match, but I agree that should come after a Tony fight. I also think Nate should fight once too, this layoff isn't helping him

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26270 on: October 10, 2017, 09:07:16 pm »
There is no time for the hype a third fight with Diaz would need before December

It needs to be built up again as I’ve no interest in a trilogy yet, not sure about anyone else

Everyone wants and McGregor and the UFC as an organisation needs to see the belt defended or it becomes a nonsense if it wasn’t already one

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26271 on: October 10, 2017, 09:23:35 pm »
McGregor KO’s Ferguson for the first time in his career, in the first round, if he walks in there thinking he’s on one. Personally don’t think he’ll be disciplined enough against McGregor. Still though, the fight has to happen now he’s got the interim belt.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26272 on: October 10, 2017, 09:25:07 pm »
McGregor KO’s Ferguson for the first time in his career, in the first round, if he walks in there thinking he’s on one. Personally don’t think he’ll be disciplined enough against McGregor. Still though, the fight has to happen now he’s got the interim belt.

Ferguson said it would be a completely different game plan facing McGregor
"I don't want get hit by Conor."

That's even if the fight happens.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26273 on: October 10, 2017, 09:31:52 pm »
Ferguson said it would be a completely different game plan facing McGregor
"I don't want get hit by Conor."

That's even if the fight happens.

Yeah makes sense, he’d get fucking ruined otherwise.

Are you implying that you don’t think Dana White and the UFC will make McGregor defend his world title? No idea where you’re getting that from!

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26274 on: October 10, 2017, 09:33:13 pm »
Yeah makes sense, he’d get fucking ruined otherwise.

Are you implying that you don’t think Dana White and the UFC will make McGregor defend his world title? No idea where you’re getting that from!

If Ferguson gets hit clean by McGregor he's going out.

McGregor won't defend the belt.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26275 on: October 10, 2017, 09:48:44 pm »
I don't know why McGregor wouldn't take the fight. It'd be a good payday. Outside Diaz and GSP or something like that, he won't get a bigger one. He's excellent on his feet and Ferguson would have to take him down to have a chance at beating him.

Lightweight was supposed to be death row. I don't see who beats him in it.

Defend the lightweight belt then fight GSP and sail off into the sunset.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26276 on: October 10, 2017, 09:55:51 pm »
I don't know why McGregor wouldn't take the fight. It'd be a good payday. Outside Diaz and GSP or something like that, he won't get a bigger one. He's excellent on his feet and Ferguson would have to take him down to have a chance at beating him.

Lightweight was supposed to be death row. I don't see who beats him in it.

Khabib and Tony both have a great chance, obviously Nate has already. His plan to just completely avoid the division is a genius one though.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26277 on: October 10, 2017, 10:03:54 pm »
Khabib and Tony both have a great chance, obviously Nate has already. His plan to just completely avoid the division is a genius one though.
They have to get him to the ground first.

He learned his lesson against Diaz and boxed the ears off him in the second fight. Diaz didn't get a whiff of a takedown. Alvarez is a serious wrestler, and got his ears boxed off him too.

Khabib has fought nobody. He has been padding out his record for years, a serious fight comes along he pulls out. McGregor would have him sniffing the canvas before he even attempted a take down. The most overrated fighter in the UFC.

Ferguson is intriguing though, only if he managed to get McGregor to the ground though. I don't think he would.

Who has he dodged? He has fought Diaz, twice, and beat Alvarez the champ. He's dodging the pull-out artist Khabib? He'll fight Ferguson.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 10:06:41 pm by Literallybeyondhelp »

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26278 on: October 10, 2017, 11:05:30 pm »
If Ferguson gets hit clean by McGregor he's going out.

McGregor won't defend the belt.

Think he will this time mate.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26279 on: October 10, 2017, 11:48:01 pm »
They have to get him to the ground first.

He learned his lesson against Diaz and boxed the ears off him in the second fight. Diaz didn't get a whiff of a takedown. Alvarez is a serious wrestler, and got his ears boxed off him too.

Khabib has fought nobody. He has been padding out his record for years, a serious fight comes along he pulls out. McGregor would have him sniffing the canvas before he even attempted a take down. The most overrated fighter in the UFC.

Ferguson is intriguing though, only if he managed to get McGregor to the ground though. I don't think he would.

Who has he dodged? He has fought Diaz, twice, and beat Alvarez the champ. He's dodging the pull-out artist Khabib? He'll fight Ferguson.

Where do you people come from? He's had one fight at Lightweight, maybe he should defend the belt before we start writing off everyone he can possibly face? Fuck.

Hey Claus, fuck off.