Author Topic: Miserable Liverpool fans  (Read 6216 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Miserable Liverpool fans
« on: August 18, 2022, 09:16:46 am »
I moan about the refs (Quite a lot) because they are shite

I may moan about results sometimes

But the number of Liverpool fans that seem to be getting NO enjoyment out of watching us play, our great manager, our great players and all the good stuff that's happening around the club is amazing to me.

What is wrong with people? It's like we're a midtable, possibly soon to be relegated club.

If you can't fucking enjoy things when they are this good then when can you?

I love going to the game anyway (Win, lose or draw) and I have the odd rant, but that's part of the de-stressing of life. Love the power and vitality and energy from our team and our club and it's an amazing time to be a Red.

And yet some people just literally moan about fucking everything. Sell them. They're shite. Look at what they said. Look at their body language. They are injured - bastards!!!!

Get a fucking grip. We won't be this good forever. Enjoy it while it lasts.

And when we aren't quite as good? Enjoy it all the more. Footy and going to the game and watching it with your mates is entertainment. Be entertained. Enjoy it. Have fun. Have a laugh.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline 205mob

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Miserable Liverpool fans
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2022, 09:20:46 am »
Yeah there fans to me then, remind me of evertonians to be honest and half of them probably never been to anfield aswel they don’t know the culture.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2022, 09:24:26 am »
The rise of a club to the top table is hugely enjoyable and it's easy to be passionate when that's happening. But we don't have the infinite reserves of a petroclub and some fans are waiting for the other shoe to drop, especially those for whom the last 30 years are raw in the memory.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2022, 09:26:17 am »
Talking about a result and how your team is performing is part and parcel of being a football fan so I dont know why people get so offended by fans discussing that. Just because we are so good should we just not talk about it?

Where I do agree is that I think people have lost some perspective. There is this thing where people want to win as much as possible before Klopp leaves because they believe it will be average when he does. To be fair, its probably right, but we have won the league, CL, FA Cup and League Cup. We have won the lot only relatively recently. That should be more than good enough to look back in a decades time and call this a golden period, not wish we would have won more.

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2022, 09:58:13 am »
Klopp and the team have set the bar so high, breaking nearly every record going, of course when creaks start to appear fans will be on it. Wouldn't say its because they hate or don't support the team, just know that we need to get everything perfect whilst the going is good. In 10 years, who knows what the grubby petrol money will have done to the sport.

Cannot complain about our on pitch efforts, bar the odd game its been more than a joy to watch over the past 3 or 4 seasons. Our injury record on the other hand, most recently, is some cause for concern, even if Klopp is eternally optimistic about it!
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2022, 10:00:30 am »
This might sound a little left-of-field, but I honestly think that a lot of the whinging that permeates today's football forums stems from social media culture. The subject being discussed often becomes secondary to the users desire to "get one over" the person they're "debating". It doesn't matter if positions are built on conjecture or diluted logic, the aim of the game is to keep shifting the goal posts until a) You're satisfied that you have "won" the debate, or b) the other person gives up because they can no longer tolerate trying to reason with your bullshit. Misery and pessimism are particularly powerful weapons in achieving (b) which is why you get so many miserable c*nts on here. I know that's a bit Jordan Peterson, but that's my theory like ;D   
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2022, 10:06:53 am »
Like I always say, it's a sign of progress but we have to be realistic and accept that we can't be perfect. The landscape has changed in the last few years concerning how many points we can drop (no need to expatiate) and some of us are desperate to see us win more titles hence the frustration when things go wrong.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 10:10:16 am by MonsLibpool »

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2022, 10:39:28 am »
Glad you're not on twitter Andy, or are you? Cos its a whole world of pain on there.
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2022, 10:42:36 am »
Glad you're not on twitter Andy, or are you? Cos its a whole world of pain on there.
Twitter is another level of toxic.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2022, 10:43:40 am »

Nah deleted my account a few months back.

It's hard to deal with that level of stupid.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2022, 10:44:35 am »
I moan about the refs (Quite a lot) because they are shite

I may moan about results sometimes

But the number of Liverpool fans that seem to be getting NO enjoyment out of watching us play, our great manager, our great players and all the good stuff that's happening around the club is amazing to me.

What is wrong with people? It's like we're a midtable, possibly soon to be relegated club.

If you can't fucking enjoy things when they are this good then when can you?

I love going to the game anyway (Win, lose or draw) and I have the odd rant, but that's part of the de-stressing of life. Love the power and vitality and energy from our team and our club and it's an amazing time to be a Red.

And yet some people just literally moan about fucking everything. Sell them. They're shite. Look at what they said. Look at their body language. They are injured - bastards!!!!

Get a fucking grip. We won't be this good forever. Enjoy it while it lasts.

And when we aren't quite as good? Enjoy it all the more. Footy and going to the game and watching it with your mates is entertainment. Be entertained. Enjoy it. Have fun. Have a laugh.
Hear hear!
:wellin

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2022, 10:45:40 am »
 No one’s miserable, it’s just expectations are so high

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2022, 10:47:09 am »
Talking about a result and how your team is performing is part and parcel of being a football fan so I dont know why people get so offended by fans discussing that. Just because we are so good should we just not talk about it?

Where I do agree is that I think people have lost some perspective. There is this thing where people want to win as much as possible before Klopp leaves because they believe it will be average when he does. To be fair, its probably right, but we have won the league, CL, FA Cup and League Cup. We have won the lot only relatively recently. That should be more than good enough to look back in a decades time and call this a golden period, not wish we would have won more.

I agree somewhat, but we've been cheated out of at least 2 other league titles. Titles that would've been won in front of 50,000 fans. Not just the fans, but the players have also been cheated out of that.
For me, it's hard not to feel a bit of anger over that while at the same time enjoying the best side of my lifetime.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2022, 10:48:11 am »
It's part of the culture of demanding perfection in everything and being absolutely broken when it's not.

It's the "just not fair" gang that want everything plus a little bit more than their neighbours for bragging rights.

It's pretty much where Man U fans are but our experiences of failure are still fresh and raw so we turn quicker.

I'm a very bad loser, nobody wants to be round me after a bad result but I can't bear to read any of the player threads or match threads as that winds me up even more.

It's life, it's sport, shit happens but then there's the next game to look forward to and no amount of insults, complaining, arguments and micro analysis will change what happened.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 10:49:54 am by reddebs »

Offline joezydudek

• Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2022, 10:48:15 am »
Nah deleted my account a few months back.

It's hard to deal with that level of stupid.

Did the same thing a couple of days ago, I feel my life is better for it already!

Offline lfcred1976

• Anny Roader
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2022, 10:48:50 am »
Enjoy it all the more. Footy and going to the game and watching it with your mates is entertainment. Be entertained. Enjoy it. Have fun. Have a laugh.

This is exactly it. Football is entertainment and a game at the end of the day. If we win, great. If we lose or draw then so be it. No point getting upset over it as you have no control over the outcome. I say this to my 15 year old lad as he has a right face on  him sometimes if the result isn’t the best.

I’m 45 and have long stopped getting annoyed over a football result. I see some fully grown men who when we lose or draw they mope around for days like a family member has died.

It’s a game, a game we have no control over.  Win, lose or draw - it’s not and never will be the end of the world. 

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2022, 10:50:18 am »
No one’s miserable, it’s just expectations are so high

And we have been trained into thinking dropped points could be a disaster

What is it, 2 or 3 seasons we have had where we basically needed to go through a second half of a season without dropping points? Now we are at the start of the season, and 4 dropped is so unusual it seems like disaster.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2022, 11:00:34 am »
Different people get different things from watching Football, why is that so problematic?

After the draw with Brentford you had people saying if you cant enjoy a game like that why do you even bother. A bizarre view, but it takes all sorts.  If that game had been a bit less exciting, maybe the Wolves game would have been a lot more enjoyable.

You can also fail to beat Palace and still win the league, ask Guardiola, hes good at doing both.

The optimistic, rose coloured glasses lot can be as annoying as the pure doom and gloomers
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2022, 11:02:56 am »
The attitudes of some saying season is over now already and the abuse towards Nunez was a new low.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2022, 11:29:57 am »
And we have been trained into thinking dropped points could be a disaster

What is it, 2 or 3 seasons we have had where we basically needed to go through a second half of a season without dropping points? Now we are at the start of the season, and 4 dropped is so unusual it seems like disaster.

We've lost 3 league titles in the last 8 seasons by a grand total of 4 points. Which is contributing to the mood
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2022, 11:31:44 am »
We've lost 3 league titles in the last 8 seasons by a grand total of 4 points. Which is contributing to the mood

Losing  to cheats doesn't help.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline ianburns252

• RAWK Economist not the MP spelling and Crosby background differentiate
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Gentleman in the streets; freak in the spreadsheet
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2022, 11:34:07 am »
This might sound a little left-of-field, but I honestly think that a lot of the whinging that permeates today's football forums stems from social media culture. The subject being discussed often becomes secondary to the users desire to "get one over" the person they're "debating". It doesn't matter if positions are built on conjecture or diluted logic, the aim of the game is to keep shifting the goal posts until a) You're satisfied that you have "won" the debate, or b) the other person gives up because they can no longer tolerate trying to reason with your bullshit. Misery and pessimism are particularly powerful weapons in achieving (b) which is why you get so many miserable c*nts on here. I know that's a bit Jordan Peterson, but that's my theory like ;D   

I couldn't agree more.

When we were young the "victory" was in sharing a good spirited debate with another human being over a pint.

Now that the human aspect has been removed the victory becomes about getting the biggest response/bite out of people

Offline Stubbins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2022, 11:35:38 am »
We were just as miserable in the 70s when we took everything before us, even Paisley wasn't above getting slated. As a fan base we were often accused of being spoilt with success.

Back then though you could only really vent in the pub after the match or in the letters page of the Saturday Pink. It's the internet that's accentuated it and took it on to a whole different level.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2022, 11:41:51 am »

True. Also 3 in 9, not 3 in 8. My math isn't great.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2022, 11:42:30 am »
I´m making an effort to stay away from pretty much any match/player/manager/refereee related chat this season. On here included. I usually do a good job of avoiding it anyway. And I almost never listen to punditry. The modern media and footysphere obsession with talking points, controversy and all the rest of it is so tedious and pointless. And it all feeds into the ridiculously short term mentality that leads people to think one loss (or two draws) is the end of the world and we might as well just write the whole season of.

I haven´t been into either of the post-match threads for our last two draws, and I don´t look at Footy Twitter, but I don´t need to have looked at them to know people will have been losing their heads.

Enjoy it all the more. Footy and going to the game and watching it with your mates is entertainment. Be entertained. Enjoy it. Have fun. Have a laugh.

This is exactly it. Football is entertainment and a game at the end of the day. If we win, great. If we lose or draw then so be it. No point getting upset over it as you have no control over the outcome. I say this to my 15 year old lad as he has a right face on  him sometimes if the result isn’t the best.

I’m 45 and have long stopped getting annoyed over a football result. I see some fully grown men who when we lose or draw they mope around for days like a family member has died.

It’s a game, a game we have no control over.  Win, lose or draw - it’s not and never will be the end of the world.

This is where I´m at really. There was a time when I was younger when I´d get a grump on after a loss. But I get over defeats pretty quickly now. And the last two matches for example, even though it was disappointing to drop points, that disappointment was outweighed for me by the fact that I had just watched two exciting games of footy, and knowing we still have 36 games left to play.

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2022, 12:06:38 pm »
We've won everything under Jurgen and FSG,people expecting a 1000 year dynasty and domination were always going to be disappointed with the competitiveness of the various competitions we're in and this new age of state owned petroclubs with de facto unlimited funds.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2022, 12:09:49 pm »
Whereas what Andy and others have said is logically true, I just can't relax and enjoy a game these days.

Not sure what is going on, but I was much less bothered by dropped points in my youth.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2022, 12:24:50 pm »
We were just as miserable in the 70s when we took everything before us, even Paisley wasn't above getting slated. As a fan base we were often accused of being spoilt with success.

Back then though you could only really vent in the pub after the match or in the letters page of the Saturday Pink. It's the internet that's accentuated it and took it on to a whole different level.

Probably a fair point. And when you see City fans online they don’t seem to be enjoying much either. Seems like the majority just like moan and vent online.

The world would be a better place if people just wasted their days looking for pun opportunities.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2022, 12:27:04 pm »

The most accurate post in the thread.
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2022, 12:34:38 pm »
I think much of it is down to modern society and also a little bit of human nature thrown in.

These days, so many people are not happy unless absolutely everything goes their way. That often extends to how they 'support' their football club. The ups and downs become intolerable. Only the ups become acceptable. The downs, a disaster. This is why people write entire seasons off after one or two games. It's bipolar living, and it must be draining.

Few people today seem willing or able to enjoy the moment too. They film their lives and watch it back later. There is so little connection with the moment anymore. How can you enjoy the moment when you are too busy filming it then bitching about the bits that don't fall in your lap later?

We basically just live in a weird, screwed up world. Look at Abu Dhabi 'fans'. They are being gifted virtually everything by a sportswasher, yet they must be the most miserable, touchy, cryarsing bunch of whingers in the league. They clearly had more fun and enjoyed it more when they were yo-yoing up and down the divisions, being self-deprecating and throwing inflatable bananas about.

They obviously don't enjoy it, and we also don't enjoy being cheated out of titles by their despicable ownership.

We, as Liverpool fans, also see another aspect of human nature at play. Of course, we all aspire to something. As fans we want a great, successful team. Now that's a bit like aspiring to have the life partner we dream of. That's great, and that aspiration drives you and gives you purpose. Thing is, if you are lucky enough to get there, you then have to accept and cope with the fear of it all being taken away from you again.

You think life will be perfect when you finally have that partner on your arm, but once they are finally there with you, you suddenly fear losing them. There are no unconditional assurances in life, yet you desperately want and need them to protect what you now have.

Success seems blissful from afar, but it's a high maintenance partner when you have it, especially when it's real rather than purchased. The fear of losing it is gnawing and constant. Any sign of decline can feel magnified and disastrous.

To feel secure we need a nuclear option that obliterates all competition so we get an easy ride. Anything less shreds the nerves. Anything less than perfection cannot be tolerated, and as perfection is impossible, misery ensues.

Abu Dhabi have been gifted every conceivable advantage, yet even they can't be perfect. So how can we be so by doing it clean? We can't, so we have to accept imperfect, but a lot aren't willing to do so these days.

It's odd that we live in an age where so many don't know how to live in the moment and enjoy the moment. Yet the media and punditry encourages us all to then completely over analyse even the smallest of things. Titles are declared won or lost after two games. It was even asked "where does Klopp go from here?" after we lost a pre-season warm-up game 4-0.

The game has been turned into a circus. In many respects that mirrors the insane world we currently live in.

Few seem able to enjoy anything anymore. Even when we won two trophies last season we were slated for enjoying it simply because lost out on another two. Even when we do enjoy it it's called being unbearable anyway.

The only brief enjoyment Abu Dhabi apologists seem to get from their trophy purchases seem to be bantz related. Other than that, they seem utterly miserable and bitter.

What a world...

« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 12:44:57 pm by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2022, 12:40:13 pm »

I think that's the human nature aspect again.

I remember those days too. Yes, we'd climbed the mountain. We were the best. But being the best comes with the fear of losing it all once more. So, any signs of trouble, decline or whatever is met with anxiety and fear, and we all handle those feelings differently. This shows in our reactions. Today, we have multiple outlets for those reactions too.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2022, 12:48:25 pm »
Few seem able to enjoy anything anymore. Even when we won two trophies last season we were slated for enjoying it simply because lost out on another two. Even when we do enjoy it it's called being unbearable anyway.

Yeah remember that - went to the parade and had a brilliant day with my mates, applauded the team on their success of winning both domestic cups and had a great night out afterwards

If you can't enjoy that or think that fans applauding their team is 'embarrasing' then you are one bad fucking bellend - why even watch footy if you can't even enjoy success

Some right knobends around these days. As I said in the OP - enjoy it because it won't last - if I go to the game or watch it in the alehouse then I'm lucky I suppose because the only 'Bantz' is off Evertonians anyway (Who mostly are proper footy fans and very decent - well the ones I know anyway)

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2022, 12:52:58 pm »
I think no matter how good a team is and how many trophies they win, you’ll always get some people moaning about something. Social media has just exacerbated the problem.

Every club is the same, some worse than others, but I couldn’t believe how many people on social media are saying we’ve lost the league already, Nunez shouldn’t pull on the lfc shirt again, his finishing is awful etc etc We’re 2 games into the season and not lost, there’s 36 PL games left, plus the CL, FA and League Cup ffs, enjoy Klopp and this team while we have them!

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2022, 12:55:27 pm »
Most are armchair/keyboard moaners that don't go to the match, and just cry into their keyboards when things don't go our way.

Moaning about players, managers or owners is nothing new, but it's definitely become worse over the years. It mirrors society in general unfortunately, which has become more divided, more partisan, more provocative, and more negative - fuelled by toxic social media culture and an unrealistic sense of entitlement. I even see it in my own children and have to regularly remind them how lucky they are to have such an abundance of choice, technology, products, media and culture that is a million miles ahead of what I had access to at their age.

Perhaps that's part of the problem, as I do think there are age/generation factors involved. Not saying all youngsters are negative and all oldies are positive, and of course there'll be many match goers who complain and many watching at home who focus only on the good stuff. But I think those of us who grew up without the internet, mobile phones, social media, and instant access to anything we wanted are probably more likely to cherish what we have instead of always wanting more.

Instant gratification is certainly the order of today with many youngsters, coupled with a lack of patience and perspective. My son was raging at his PC recently for lagging during a game, and then complaining about the 5 second ads on YouTube. But after a speech from me about 4 TV channels, VHS, no PC or Internet, Sony Walkmans and the Radio 1 top 40, he was quiet for the rest of the day  ;D

Unfortunately Andy I don't see it getting any better considering the way society is heading, but certainly on here and in the stadium we can play our part in keeping things grounded and in perspective.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2022, 12:55:46 pm »
Whereas what Andy and others have said is logically true, I just can't relax and enjoy a game these days.

Not sure what is going on, but I was much less bothered by dropped points in my youth.

See my post a bit above yours - We have become used to needing to never dropping points in order to just challenge. It makes it so much harder to enjoy when the team are slightly off it and struggling to get that first goal in the first half.

We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2022, 12:56:48 pm »
Yeah remember that - went to the parade and had a brilliant day with my mates, applauded the team on their success of winning both domestic cups and had a great night out afterwards

If you can't enjoy that or think that fans applauding their team is 'embarrasing' then you are one bad fucking bellend - why even watch footy if you can't even enjoy success

Some right knobends around these days. As I said in the OP - enjoy it because it won't last - if I go to the game or watch it in the alehouse then I'm lucky I suppose because the only 'Bantz' is off Evertonians anyway (Who mostly are proper footy fans and very decent - well the ones I know anyway)
You are right. If you can't enjoy two trophies because we "only" won two then it's time to pack it up. Some of this is projected onto us by envious rivals that'd have loved to have a season like that.

One thing I have realised is that the joy that comes with winning a trophy is often short-lived hence the need to live in the moment and take it game by game. In other words, success is the journey and not the destination.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2022, 12:57:03 pm »

The parade was fantastic. Mrs Spion and I loved it.

I agree with you. We all need to learn to be in the moment and enjoy it while it lasts. Be that following LFC or just living our lives. Wring every last drop of joy out of it. Fuck what anyone else says or thinks.

We are Liverpool, and these are the days.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2022, 01:02:48 pm »
It doesn't matter if positions are built on conjecture or diluted logic, the aim of the game is to keep shifting the goal posts until a) You're satisfied that you have "won" the debate, or b) the other person gives up because they can no longer tolerate trying to reason with your bullshit.
Sounds like every FSG thread of the last 10 years  ;D
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2022, 01:05:00 pm »
You are right. If you can't enjoy two trophies because we "only" won two then it's time to pack it up. Some of this is projected onto us by envious rivals that'd have loved to have a season like that.

One thing I have realised is that the joy that comes with winning a trophy is often short-lived hence the need to live in the moment and take it game by game. In other words, success is the journey and not the destination.

That's so true, but a truth that's lost on so many these days. It's not always people's own fault either, because we are conditioned to believe that only results matter in life these days. They forget that today's successes are built on learning from yesterday's failures.

The journey is where we learn. Without the journey and what it teaches us, there is no success. I remember people taking the piss when we lost to Madrid in Kiev. Bitters saying they'd rather not reach a final than lose it. Well I remember right after that game being 100% sure we'd learn from it and come right back and win it next time. The journey, the learning curve, led to eventual success, so the learning curve was success.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 01:06:41 pm by Son of Spion »

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2022, 01:05:29 pm »

Yes,I think the frustration of knowing that this isn't a fair fight adds to the over reaction when we drop points.