Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 4 v 0 Southampton 2' 33' Jota, 37' Thiago, 52' Virgil  (Read 16052 times)

Offline RedGreen

• Main Stander
  • Cautiously Klopptimistic - Resistance is Futile
Re: PL: Liverpool 4 v 0 Southampton 2' 33' Jota, 37' Thiago, 52' Virgil
« Reply #240 on: November 28, 2021, 09:07:22 am »
Gomez and Koante are the future. Matip and Virj are in their 30's now. Konate and Gomez are 22 and 24.

THIS.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy!

Offline RedGreen

• Main Stander
  • Cautiously Klopptimistic - Resistance is Futile
« Reply #241 on: November 28, 2021, 09:12:49 am »
10 goals scored and zero conceded the last three games.  Lovely stuff.  Hopefully chelsea drop points.  Was going to say city as well but they should slaughter west ham at home.

Never, never underestimate the footballing genius of David (Gollum) Moyes. Mock at your peril.... :P
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy!

Online smutchin

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #242 on: November 28, 2021, 09:29:01 am »
I think it's also the case that perhaps we aren't so worried about conceding a certain type of chance, namely those where their attacker really needs to beat Alisson with a perfect shot which in and of itself requires significant skill and luck.

There’s also the fact that the way we’re playing, we’re going to outscore our opponent nine times out of ten, even if we do concede a few from being too open. That’s why I’m not too concerned about our apparent defensive ropiness at the moment (safe in the knowledge that Klopp is very concerned about it and presumably working hard on it in training).

I think we can definitely defend better anyway. I suspect our CB combination is still getting up to speed as is our midfield combinations and JK  mentioned stability and we've rotated a little bit this year because of injuries and internationals too. It'll come. I don't think we've actually been near our best yet, so it's scary if we are because whoever we play then is going to get completely annihilated. Lets hope we can do that multiple times this season, particularly for the big league games and the CL.

It’s clear that Konate hasn’tfully clicked yet, plus Virg is still not 100% after his injury. These things will come right in time. But it’s great that we have Konate, giving us the option to rotate Matip and hopefully stop him breaking down - feels like this current run could be close to his longest stretch without injury for us. We’ll need him on Wednesday - not sure Konate is ready for a derby yet. Just a shame Joe is crocked again.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #243 on: November 28, 2021, 09:50:31 am »
Right, who was the fucking moron in the pre match thread moaning about Robertson starting over Tsmikas?  What a dumbass
Lots of people have been which is annoying. I have said before that I think Tsimikas has deserved to start ahead of Robbo this season, but only because I think Robbo has been massively over played the last 3 years. It was obviously going to catch up with him being an ever present in ours and Scotland's line up.

Both are fantastic players and huge assets to the team, whoever starts deserves it in my book.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #244 on: November 28, 2021, 09:51:29 am »
Saints’ best chances were of our making in Thiago losing the ball and Trent’s wayward throw in.

Anyway, the narrative last season was that come to Anfield, park the bus and you would do well. We have to show teams that wont work and if we are to give them some opportunities to come out of their shape then thats fine, as generally we will score more than them.

I made this point as well, either in the half time thread or afterwards. It benefits us more if teams play high up to attack us than if they just sit back and park the bus and wait for a counter. Our tactics this season are also to counter that approach and teams are trying to adapt. Compare our last two games at Old Trafford to 0-0 draws we've had against them under Ole where he's parked the bus. He thought he could get at us and beat us at our own game. Unless things go spectacularly wrong like Villa last season (or a game like Brentford where they score every chance) then we'll mostly win those games comfortably.

The Thiago and Trent mistakes you can put down to the conditions yesterday as well, the ball wasn't moving freely. Southampton did get in behind a fair bit but mostly in areas where the defenders could cover or Ali was mostly comfortable with. Or where they were clearly offside anyway and the stupid late flag adds more tension than needed.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2021, 09:53:49 am by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #245 on: November 28, 2021, 10:23:33 am »
Four goals, three points, and a clean sheet. Great all around and we continue to score a crazy amount of goals.

“I said to the boys at 4-0 what do I have to complain about. But we can and we have to do much better because Alisson’s saves were too spectacular, actually."

Wow, what a moaner.  ::)

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #246 on: November 28, 2021, 10:31:23 am »
Four goals, three points, and a clean sheet. Great all around and we continue to score a crazy amount of goals.

“I said to the boys at 4-0 what do I have to complain about. But we can and we have to do much better because Alisson’s saves were too spectacular, actually."

You forgot to mention the added bonus of no new injuries.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #247 on: November 28, 2021, 10:53:48 am »
Klopp said the same-- we're conceding too many chances but tough to argue when you've just won 4-0, 2-0 and 4-0 in a week.
Yeah, he's not happy that Allison had to those "wonder saves".
He wasn't as satisfied with the win as he could have been.

EDIT: Cali beat me to it.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #248 on: November 28, 2021, 10:55:46 am »

We'd call it bed-wetting here on RAWK! ;D
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: November 28, 2021, 11:03:51 am »
Never, never underestimate the footballing genius of David (Gollum) Moyes. Mock at your peril.... :P

West Ham will roll over for Chelsea.  Teams save their A game for us.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #250 on: November 28, 2021, 11:09:29 am »
Gomez and Koante are the future. Matip and Virj are in their 30's now. Konate and Gomez are 22 and 24.

Who knows about that with his injury issues and record, sadly.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #251 on: November 28, 2021, 11:13:15 am »

Gomez's injury history is horrendous for a 24 year old. It all seems to stem from that first ACL with England just after Klopp took over.

It looked like he'd put it behind him the year we won the league but then early last season he did his knee again and out for another 9 months.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2021, 11:15:53 am by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: November 28, 2021, 11:50:45 am »
Gomez's injury history is horrendous for a 24 year old. It all seems to stem from that first ACL with England just after Klopp took over.

It looked like he'd put it behind him the year we won the league but then early last season he did his knee again and out for another 9 months.

Pretty sure it was the other knee in 2015.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: November 28, 2021, 01:04:06 pm »

When him and Virg got injured, I said that I was more worried about Gomez, due to his horrendous injury record.

He could end up being another Agger.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #254 on: November 28, 2021, 01:18:00 pm »

I do worry about Gomez fitness, that we must admit is a problem for the lad.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #255 on: November 28, 2021, 03:00:41 pm »
Took my eldest lad to his first ever game yesterday, so couldn’t have asked for much more :)
I’m so glad that Jürgen is a Red…

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: November 28, 2021, 03:16:03 pm »

Incredible how good he is considering his age and how many years he’s missed with injury.

On a side note, where is Gomez at the moment? Has he had a set-back?

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #257 on: November 28, 2021, 05:01:35 pm »
I've been away working this weekend so only got to see the first half on the sly on my phone and the last half hour on my laptop and haven't gotten to check in on this thread at all. Obviously our boys were wonderful but, I'm just wondering did Ralph Hasenhüttl have a cry after the game? The fucking weirdo.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #258 on: November 28, 2021, 05:23:19 pm »
Great performance going forward and another game where we showed our quality. Still giving up too many chances we we still need to improve and and you can tell its frustrating Jurgen.

Apart from one bag mistake Thiago started to run things again, just need to keep him and the others fit.

Roll on the bitters.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Penfold78

• Kopite
« Reply #259 on: November 28, 2021, 06:35:17 pm »
I haven’t had a bag mistake since doing the shop for a BBQ at the SuperU in Carnac. My French wasn’t quite enough to see me out of the situation.

Good to see Chelsea dropping points today.

Looking good currently.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #260 on: November 28, 2021, 06:43:15 pm »
Too soon to be writing of Gomez entirely. Klopp has said recently with the injury he had last season there are going to be ups and downs, he just has to come through these next few months.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: November 28, 2021, 06:45:00 pm »
Incredible how good he is considering his age and how many years he’s missed with injury.

On a side note, where is Gomez at the moment? Has he had a set-back?

Klopp has said recently with the injury he suffered there will be setbacks with it.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: November 28, 2021, 06:45:42 pm »
Too soon to be writing of Gomez entirely. Klopp has said recently with the injury he had last season there are going to be ups and downs, he just has to come through these next few months.
yep. many ppl wrote Ox off, now look at what he's doing for us.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: November 28, 2021, 06:46:28 pm »
yep. many ppl wrote Ox off, now look at what he's doing for us.

Say nothing of Matip.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: November 28, 2021, 09:47:07 pm »

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: November 29, 2021, 08:26:26 am »
Not sure why Klopp is bringing on Minamino ahead of Origi in the last few games. Origi offers so much more than Taki.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #266 on: November 29, 2021, 08:44:54 am »
Not sure why Klopp is bringing on Minamino ahead of Origi in the last few games. Origi offers so much more than Taki.

I´m sure a few people will take issue with that. What Origi offers is definitely different.

But mainly Taki needs the gametime because we are going to be relying on him during the Africa Cup of Nations. He has been experiencing an uptick in form and just needs more minutes.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #267 on: November 29, 2021, 09:56:15 am »
Team is performaing well in attack...the best for a long long time

Cause/consequence being the defence are giving up a few good chances maybe? But as long as we are winning its fine!

I could watch Thiago play all day
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline JordanTremenderson

• Kopite
« Reply #268 on: November 29, 2021, 02:12:06 pm »
Great result, probably better than the performance as I thought Alisson was our MOTM with three excellent saves & GKing in that first half.  He made it look far more comfortable, as we were sloppy on a couple of occasions.

Could go through the whole team and praise them really.

Actually the whole squad, as they're all coming in and performing when needed on the whole.  Our depth is looking strong.

Let's hope we can keep it up.

On another note I'm doing a draft in the draft selection on here.  It's an 'All Time PL Draft'.  We all take turns picking PL players, make teams & then vote for the winner.  It's just a bit of fun.  If you've never done a draft before (or have) & want to be involved.  Please just say in this thread:

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=317882.5200

Thanks.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #269 on: November 29, 2021, 08:11:23 pm »
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: December 1, 2021, 05:50:00 pm »
was at game . really enjoyed it . first game since 2019, :)

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: December 1, 2021, 07:57:49 pm »

was at game . really enjoyed it . first game since 2019, :)

did you just get home??  ;D ;D