Author Topic: Anfield Pitch  (Read 86622 times)

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
Re: Anfield Pitch
« Reply #400 on: March 9, 2022, 11:52:10 am »
Didn’t Spurs have some kind of drop in pitch depending on the event. Hope we can start looking at some alternatives when we upgrade our stadium. We play 3 games in a space of slightly more than a week and it is struggling to cope as it is.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #401 on: March 9, 2022, 11:54:27 am »
 ;D

You're the same lad who said we should install a new pitch between the last game and the  Inter Milan game. 

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #402 on: March 9, 2022, 12:30:59 pm »
;D

You're the same lad who said we should install a new pitch between the last game and the  Inter Milan game.

That’s right. It’s costly but we should have re-laid than to see balls bobbling around and risking injury running into those divots.

Spurs looks to have a simpler and more flexible solution that we should consider without worrying about where to find a new pitch in a short time.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #403 on: March 9, 2022, 12:33:36 pm »
That’s right. It’s costly but we should have re-laid than to see balls bobbling around and risking injury running into those divots.

Spurs looks to have a simpler and more flexible solution that we should consider without worrying about where to find a new pitch in a short time.

Yeah I think it was more the time it takes to relay a football pitch than the money involved. I'm not a qualified gardener but I'm pretty sure it takes more than two days
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #404 on: March 9, 2022, 12:52:19 pm »
Didn’t Spurs have some kind of drop in pitch depending on the event. Hope we can start looking at some alternatives when we upgrade our stadium. We play 3 games in a space of slightly more than a week and it is struggling to cope as it is.

Spurs have a retractable pitch that reveals an artificial pitch 2M below.The grass pitch is split into 3 section (30m x 100m).

When they retract the grass pitch it can stay there for 3-5 days without much damage.I think they have LED lighting and ventilation etc.. for the grass to be maintain whilst the artificial turf is being used.

The 2 points I'd make is that I'm not sure if Spurs solution would help in our situation unless they drop in 30m by 100m section of turf that is established and not just a re-lay like you would normally expect. Additionally they have a purpose built stadium that has all the engineering required to have a retractable pitch. That could enable Spurs to manage the pitch in adverse weather conditions (for example could you retract the pitch if the weather was extreme?). Anfield would not be abe to accommodate this type of design.

I'm not an engineer or a gardener but unless I'm missing something I'm not sure how Spurs' situation and solutions are that feasible for us to implement at Anfield.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #405 on: March 9, 2022, 01:13:34 pm »
Problem should be eased now with no home game for a few weeks and better weather likely.

The constant wind and/or rain hasn't helped. By the time of our next home game it's April and officially summer.

When was the last home game where it wasn't fairly strong winds? Ideally top grounds would have a roof on, to use for the bad weather days, because the weather affects the game/pitch too often. Wind never helps the game as a spectacle. 
« Last Edit: March 9, 2022, 01:18:06 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #406 on: March 9, 2022, 01:42:08 pm »
By the time of our next home game it's April and officially summer.

I agree with your post but April isn't summer! The weather should be better by April but it's not always the case.

In 2022, astronomical spring starts on March 20, 2022, and ends on June 21, 2022. Meteorological spring starts on March 1 and ends on May 31 every year.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline 1club1loveLFC

• Main Stander
  • Lets Challenge Everyone, Lets Fight For Everything
« Reply #407 on: March 9, 2022, 03:45:11 pm »
Problem should be eased now with no home game for a few weeks and better weather likely.

The constant wind and/or rain hasn't helped. By the time of our next home game it's April and officially summer.

When was the last home game where it wasn't fairly strong winds? Ideally top grounds would have a roof on, to use for the bad weather days, because the weather affects the game/pitch too often. Wind never helps the game as a spectacle.

Apparently wind is good for the grass. I remember reading something the Head Groundsman at Wembley was talking about. He seemed to claim that on that pitch they use 4 big fans to generate wind which helps grow the grass properly and keeps it healthy.
"We don't have any splits here. The players country is Liverpool Football Club and their language is football."

(Follow me on twitter @1club1loveLFC)

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #408 on: March 9, 2022, 04:26:48 pm »
I think the pitch is just about right. Especially the younger lungs on The Kop.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #409 on: March 9, 2022, 05:13:12 pm »
Apparently wind is good for the grass. I remember reading something the Head Groundsman at Wembley was talking about. He seemed to claim that on that pitch they use 4 big fans to generate wind which helps grow the grass properly and keeps it healthy.

Fair enough with the pitch but it does affect the game. We seem to have seen an increase in recent years of games being played in gale force winds (Burnley away was ridiculous recently and one of the FA Cup games). It'll be an increasing problem with climate change.

Recent home games it's been really blustery as well. I'd say it's more of a factor on the gameplay than the pitch has been.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Macred

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #410 on: March 13, 2022, 03:38:36 pm »
Fair enough with the pitch but it does affect the game. We seem to have seen an increase in recent years of games being played in gale force winds (Burnley away was ridiculous recently and one of the FA Cup games). It'll be an increasing problem with climate change.

Recent home games it's been really blustery as well. I'd say it's more of a factor on the gameplay than the pitch has been.

Imagine what Bramley Moore Dock will be like, it will be the windiest stadium in the Championshiop. I wouldnt want to play them there in the cup

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: March 27, 2022, 05:26:42 am »
How’s it looking?

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #412 on: March 27, 2022, 09:45:09 am »
You got the number for who did your artificial grass mate? Maybe send it over to the club.

They just need to contact the LTA or Man Utd, as they do Wimbledon and Carrington.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: March 27, 2022, 09:48:05 am »

We'd need to knock Anfield down and start again

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/SsQZnyCH37M" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/SsQZnyCH37M</a>
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: March 27, 2022, 10:52:21 am »
How’s it looking?

Looked loads better at the legends game yesterday- good weather and a few weeks off has helped

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #415 on: April 13, 2022, 07:18:01 pm »
Looks like a freshly laid carpet tonight.

Offline kavah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: April 14, 2022, 12:38:38 am »
Looks like a freshly laid carpet tonight.

Yes a lot better, they must have got that weed and feed on it  ;D

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #417 on: April 26, 2022, 04:12:30 pm »
Pitch is 4m too short to host international tournament matches.

Liverpool pitch 'rules out Anfield' from hosting Euro 2028 matches due to UEFA rules

https://mirror.co.uk/sport/football

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #418 on: April 26, 2022, 04:19:06 pm »
How does Anfield compare to other PL pitches, are we one of the shorter ones?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #419 on: April 26, 2022, 04:34:46 pm »
We'd have to be. The modern stadiums have similar dimensions so i suppose their pitches are similar too.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #420 on: April 26, 2022, 04:36:03 pm »
Pitch is 4m too short to host international tournament matches.

Liverpool pitch 'rules out Anfield' from hosting Euro 2028 matches due to UEFA rules

https://mirror.co.uk/sport/football

I want to know why they're using Man Citys training stadium,it's bullshit as that money would be a lifeline for a Club from the lower leagues.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #421 on: April 26, 2022, 04:36:42 pm »
How does Anfield compare to other PL pitches, are we one of the shorter ones?
We have the joint shortest, along with Leicester and Palace.  That said, the difference between the shortest and the longest is only six yards!  Our pitch is a yard wider than most.

Man City, of course, have the biggest pitch.  Everton have the widest but it's not very long - winning the squarest pitch trophy for this season!

(well, according to https://sqaf.club/are-premier-league-pitches-the-same-size/)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2022, 04:38:39 pm by thaddeus »

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: April 26, 2022, 04:42:25 pm »
I want to know why they're using Man Citys training stadium,it's bullshit as that money would be a lifeline for a Club from the lower leagues.

The facilities at the campus are top notch, the pitches are immaculate and the first team indoor and outdoor pitches are inside the main building, so you get total privacy, no lower league club is going to have the space, facilities and quality of pitches that you will find there or at Kirkby.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #423 on: June 29, 2022, 02:59:59 pm »
New pitch being prepared

Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: July 1, 2022, 02:00:31 am »
The facilities at the campus are top notch, the pitches are immaculate and the first team indoor and outdoor pitches are inside the main building, so you get total privacy, no lower league club is going to have the space, facilities and quality of pitches that you will find there or at Kirkby.

I'm not talking about it being used as a base for training.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: July 1, 2022, 09:24:14 am »
Looks like the club are moving away from Desso and Grassmaster for the same company that does the Spurs London Stadium.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/reds-install-new-hybrid-carpet-pitch-anfield

Offline kavah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: July 19, 2022, 09:23:11 pm »
Just seen the Truss lift thread and they’re mowing it already. Looks very good
« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 01:58:36 pm by kavah »

Offline AshbourneRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: July 28, 2022, 12:16:54 pm »
Was just watching Mr Drones latest video of the expansion and can see the pitch in some of the shots. It looks great at the minute.

https://youtu.be/ElXnKcRa7jY

Skip to the 5 minute mark for the pitch.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: May 3, 2023, 07:21:19 pm »
Fair play to the new pitch construction. It has been a carpet all season. Even in the box where you expect it to cut up.

There are no concerts or events this summer are there? I guess there will be some damage when they start dismantling the old part of the Anfield road stand but expect that they won't need to relay it for the new season