Author Topic: "Green and Gold, it's O5e from Molde!" - Cornering like a reliant robin..  (Read 3438441 times)

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: "Green and Gold, it's O5e from Molde!" - Cornering like a reliant robin..
« Reply #39680 on: January 11, 2020, 10:04:42 am »
Not really that lost for words. They (club and city) don’t have the same relationship with that paper as we do.

Which I'm fully aware of but a scum journalist as a PR consultant has a certain irony to it.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39681 on: January 11, 2020, 10:12:56 am »
I see former scum journalist Neil Ashton has joined them as a PR consultant. Lost for words.

https://twitter.com/writtenoff_mufc/status/1215881393173155841?s=19
could someone tell me who the hell he is, i think this is the first time i've heard his name.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39682 on: January 11, 2020, 10:13:08 am »
Just seen a clip of the Solskjaer’s pre-match press conference.

“I would never put myself before the club. This is Manchester United and there’s no I in...oh!....er...ummm...Manchester”.

:lmao

Maybe needs a bit of work that one.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #39683 on: January 11, 2020, 10:24:06 am »
Bruno Fernandes is a name you always hear every transfer window but no one ever seems to fancy him, any reason?

From what I've seen of him, he just constantly shoots. Makes him look great on YouTube videos but very wasteful when you watch full matches. There would also be question marks over his physicality. He is the driving force behind Sporting but goes completely missing when he plays for Portugal. Reminds me of Harry Wilson sometimes.

People who have watched him more regularly seem to think he is more than what I do though!
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39684 on: January 11, 2020, 10:56:17 am »
The thing is that opposition sides would be disappointed if Maguire wasn't playing, so to then hear he might be must be a massive boost to their forwards..

You're forgetting he's got the ace in the hole of having Phil Jones as backup when Maguire is out.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39685 on: January 11, 2020, 11:05:19 am »
You're forgetting he's got the ace in the hole of having Phil Jones as backup when Maguire is out.

Decent backup I'd say.

Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39686 on: January 11, 2020, 11:09:09 am »
ok, looks like Bruno is in Manchester to complete the deal.

Online Dazzer23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39687 on: January 11, 2020, 11:16:30 am »
could someone tell me who the hell he is, i think this is the first time i've heard his name.

Presenter of Sunday supplement (journalists talking footy) on Sky, and I think a journo for one of the Broadsheets.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39688 on: January 11, 2020, 11:21:30 am »
Why does Solskjaer continually lie through his teeth in his interviews and press conferences. He just screams bullshit every time he talks. Maguire "out for a prolonged period" misses a single midweek game. No one believed you in the first place anyway.

Spinning out all the cliches and mind games as stated above. He’s a little boy playing ‘let’s pretend to be a football coach’, while all the adults like Mr Klopp pat him on the head and go ‘ah bless him’.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #39689 on: January 11, 2020, 11:40:26 am »
If they buy Fernandes....

Why didn’t they buy him in the summer?

He says that they’re only buying players for the long term.. but this is the exact opposite. They could have had him in the summer, chose not to and are now rushing back in.

This literally couldn’t be less well planned

And he could be there with a pen in their hand and there’s still a good chance that they fuck it up.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39690 on: January 11, 2020, 11:45:29 am »
If they buy Fernandes....

Why didn’t they buy him in the summer?

He says that they’re only buying players for the long term.. but this is the exact opposite. They could have had him in the summer, chose not to and are now rushing back in.

This literally couldn’t be less well planned

And he could be there with a pen in their hand and there’s still a good chance that they fuck it up.

It depends on what the fee is.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39691 on: January 11, 2020, 11:48:11 am »
Does it?  Why?

It’s down to need.  I seem to recall the fee was widely known in the summer as he’d been told he could go for a certain price.

They ALWAYS have trouble with fees... the common factor is them, not the fee.

And this is a club that can afford any player....  yet they chose to renew contracts for shaw, Beanz and Jones.  It’s so odd.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39692 on: January 11, 2020, 11:49:59 am »

He presents the Sunday Supplement and writes for the rag.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #39693 on: January 11, 2020, 11:57:47 am »

Didn't he sign an extension?

So the fee is now higher with the buyout.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39694 on: January 11, 2020, 12:03:50 pm »
Does it?  Why?

It’s down to need.  I seem to recall the fee was widely known in the summer as he’d been told he could go for a certain price.

They ALWAYS have trouble with fees... the common factor is them, not the fee.

And this is a club that can afford any player....  yet they chose to renew contracts for shaw, Beanz and Jones.  It’s so odd.

Lingard's contract hasn't been renewed (yet). You must be thinking of their blogger.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39695 on: January 11, 2020, 12:08:46 pm »
Lingard's contract hasn't been renewed (yet). You must be thinking of their blogger.
It was a couple of years ago... it was mad mad money then

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39518118
W

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39696 on: January 11, 2020, 12:32:13 pm »
used to write for the mail and presents (for one more day) a programme called Sunday supplement (basically a load of journalists having a chat like sports reporters in the states), wrote the famous ‘what was edwards thinking with Firmino’ piece in mail after Rodgers left

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39697 on: January 11, 2020, 12:40:43 pm »
used to write for the mail and presents (for one more day) a programme called Sunday supplement (basically a load of journalists having a chat like sports reporters in the states), wrote the famous ‘what was edwards thinking with Firmino’ piece in mail after Rodgers left

Never understood that. With ex-footballers at least, they can give insight about themselves as an individual player, their thought processes in a game, how they were coached etc whereas a bunch of journalists have none of that and worse still, most still have huge egos as if they're doing the general public a huge service by imparting their great wisdom on us.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39698 on: January 11, 2020, 12:58:58 pm »
Never understood that. With ex-footballers at least, they can give insight about themselves as an individual player, their thought processes in a game, how they were coached etc whereas a bunch of journalists have none of that and worse still, most still have huge egos as if they're doing the general public a huge service by imparting their great wisdom on us.
some journos are good to listen to, the likes of Michael Calvin (who I think does a podcast on BT) is always worth a listen as his books are excellent but this tends to have obnoxious twats from the rag like the custis brothers, Ashton isn’t that bad to be fair compared to those two!

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39699 on: January 11, 2020, 01:03:32 pm »
some journos are good to listen to, the likes of Michael Calvin (who I think does a podcast on BT) is always worth a listen as his books are excellent but this tends to have obnoxious twats from the rag like the custis brothers, Ashton isn’t that bad to be fair compared to those two!

True, Totally Football Show is great but then that doesn't have anyone with the pomposity of Henry Winter or Patrick Barclay. Don't know much about Ashton, apart from that he used to write for The Sun.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline KissThisGuy

• OnlyThroughAFaceMaskThough
  • Legacy Fan
  • It was raining, I went outside, I got wet.
« Reply #39700 on: January 11, 2020, 01:17:56 pm »
True, Totally Football Show is great but then that doesn't have anyone with the pomposity of Henry Winter or Patrick Barclay. Don't know much about Ashton, apart from that he used to write for The Sun.
He was on before the first Manchester derby of the City 100 point season saying that there wasn't much between the teams and that no matter the result there wouldn't be more than a few points between them at the end of the season. I remember thinking, "stick to the Enterprise because you know fuck all about football."

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #39701 on: January 11, 2020, 01:33:59 pm »
He was on before the first Manchester derby of the City 100 point season saying that there wasn't much between the teams and that no matter the result there wouldn't be more than a few points between them at the end of the season. I remember thinking, "stick to the Enterprise because you know fuck all about football."
And did he make it so?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39702 on: January 11, 2020, 02:17:13 pm »
oh god forgot about captain Pickard, when hodge was the manager he said we should be happy with bottom half the fucking cumstain

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #39703 on: January 11, 2020, 02:47:19 pm »
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #39704 on: January 11, 2020, 02:50:03 pm »
And did he make it so?

:D

I’ve seen everything.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Special edition Chinese New Year shirt...

Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline fredfrop

• 19*
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39706 on: January 11, 2020, 03:06:21 pm »
Year of the Twat?

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

:o What game are they wearing that for?

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39709 on: January 11, 2020, 05:11:46 pm »

FA Cup 4th round is the weekend of Chinese New Year, so maybe they won't get to wear it at all ;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #39710 on: January 11, 2020, 05:15:17 pm »
Will this win be enough to tempt Cantona off the slopes?
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39711 on: January 11, 2020, 05:17:38 pm »
Our mate is living the jet set life mate. No way he comes back.  ;D

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #39712 on: January 11, 2020, 05:20:24 pm »
Our mate is living the jet set life mate. No way he comes back.  ;D

At least his skiing will have a bit more swaggoh tonight though.  8)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39713 on: January 11, 2020, 05:20:39 pm »
"We reacted today, we can bounce back and we are taking more than two or three steps forward before one back, because behind the scenes we know we are doing good work."

Cheers Ole
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39714 on: January 11, 2020, 05:24:12 pm »
That’s right. Big yourself up after beating a hapless Burnley team

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39715 on: January 11, 2020, 06:41:53 pm »
That’s right. Big yourself up after beating a hapless Burnley team
Norwich
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #39716 on: January 11, 2020, 09:00:33 pm »
when I saw the dragons I thought it was a special edition shirt to commemorate their diving little welsh twat
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #39717 on: January 11, 2020, 09:23:31 pm »

Will they be allowed to discuss wearing chains with that shirt?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Chig

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA!
« Reply #39718 on: January 11, 2020, 09:51:25 pm »
Is English Pele injured today? Or is that baby face idiot playing mind game with himself again?
KD7 SG8 RF9 JB10

Offline KirkVanHouten

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39719 on: January 11, 2020, 09:52:25 pm »
This win will keep our man Ole at the wheel for the rest of the season.

Hopefully they win the first half of their second league cup leg, that would go nicely with the second half that they 'won' in the first leg. I mean it's basically the same as a regular win.