Poll

Just curious about the impact Covid-19 is having

I work in the UK and normally work from home
30 (17.8%)
I work in the UK and don't normally work from home but have started  to \ expect to by April
80 (47.3%)
I work in the UK and working from home isn't an option
33 (19.5%)
I live but don't work in the UK
0 (0%)
I don't live in the UK
26 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 169

Voting closed: March 23, 2020, 02:56:14 pm

Author Topic: Working From Home  (Read 168425 times)

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
Working From Home
« on: March 13, 2020, 02:56:14 pm »
I'm not sure if you can change your vote, but I've allowed people to vote 3 times .
Just curious as to the impact
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Working From Home
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2020, 02:57:57 pm »
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2020, 03:00:19 pm »
Don't normally (except for management, who can do what they want). But they asked us to bring in our laptops today and are setting us up for it at the moment, we'll be having a test day on Tuesday and then as long as all goes okay that'll be us working from home for a while I'd expect. Full pay, thank fuck. Sooner I don't have to use public transport the better.

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2020, 03:02:15 pm »
Obligatory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IW3lhfVpLL4

;D

Thinking of including that in an induction I'm doing next week for a new team member as he will be, like me, working from home 4 days a week.
Believer

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2020, 03:02:51 pm »
Blue jeans / Skype / FaceTime

Video off - pjs on  ;D

Offline stevo7

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Direct Action Now
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2020, 03:06:06 pm »
I'm not feeling too good at the mo, sore throat and sniffles but doubt it's the virus.

Can I recommend Lemsip, Honey and a dash of Whisky.

Also Hot water, Ginger and a dash of Whisky.

Or Hot Vimto and a dash of Whisky.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2020, 03:10:03 pm »
This was a good article I read about working from home a few days ago. I mostly worked from home for years now and a lot of this rang true. Another persaon said, there are two problems to being productive at home, the TV and the refrigerator.

When I see headlines about UK workplaces banning hot-desking and bosses urging staff to work from home, to try and stop the spread of the coronavirus, I'm reminded of the days I spent hunched over my laptop,
slaving away at the kitchen table.

I went freelance when I had my first child in 2010 and worked from home for the following eight years, until 2018. From the outside, it's a jammy set-up: an extra hour in bed, a 30 second commute, the opportunity to work in slightly grubby jeans without judgement. But there are also significant drawbacks, such as loneliness and a lack of motivation.

So with that in mind, here are the dos and don’ts of working from home, should the situation be foisted upon you in the days to come...

Have a shower and do your hair
‘Oh come on, of course I will…’ I hear you sigh. But it won't take long before you’ll begin swapping your jeans for your gym leggings, then your tracksuit bottoms. Before you know it you’ll find yourself wondering what’s so wrong with leaving your comfy pyjama bottoms on all day, so long as you change out of them for the school run?

So while you don’t need full business attire to work from home, do shower, get dressed and do your hair as though you were going to meet a friend. It will wake up you, prevent last minute panics if your boss wants to video chat, and it also sets the tone for the day ahead.

Choose a work area
Whether it’s your study, your local café or your kitchen table, have ‘an area’. Try not to perch at the kitchen breakfast bar in between piles of post (unless your breakfast bar is immaculate and your kitchen stools have back supports). Forget sitting on your sofa (you’ll end up with a sore lower back in no time – take it from someone who learnt this the hard way) and don’t lie on your bed with a laptop.

While F. Scott Fitzgerald wrote most of his best work lying in bed, you're not F. Scott Fitzgerald. And if you're anything like me, you'll just end up napping. Having a specific area is like getting dressed properly – it switches you from home mode to work mode, and keeps your focused.

One last point: if your work exile  choose to work part of the day in your local café, don't be like that character in Fleabag who uses the café's plug sockets, WiFi and then orders a tap water. Be really nice to the waiter, order coffee, make it last as long as possible, then order some food, another coffee, and leave a tip. This way, they won't mind when you come back the day next (and the next, and the next...)

Have two to-do lists
One of the biggest challenges I had working from home was trying to ignore all the chores around me that needed to be done. Writing for a living and procrastinating often go hand in hand, and if I was struggling to write a feature there was always the dishwasher to empty, or a dentist appointment to book. This flitting, butterfly approach to work doesn’t make you particularly productive and your working day begins to bleed into your regular one. So I started two to-do lists called ‘Work’ and ‘Home’, and I had set times when I could deal with the latter.

Cleaning to do, food to cook: Maria Lally learned to split her To Do lists in two, to stop her from procrastinating
Cleaning to do, food to cook: Maria Lally learned to split her To Do lists in two, to stop her from procrastinating
Avoid distractions
So obvious, but so worth a mention. Like chores, there are plenty of things to distract you at home. For me, it’s social media and WhatsApp conversations, so when I sit down to work I often delete the Instagram app from my phone (before re-installing it later on) and mute a particularly busy WhatsApp chat.

Call your boss
After a while, one of the toughest things about working from home is how you can go a whole day without speaking to anybody, which isn't great for your emotional health. So pick up the phone occasionally. A quick phone call to your boss (when you know they're not really busy) can often help you decide on a course of action much quicker than back and forth emails. Or call your other half, or your mum at lunchtime.

If all else fails, put Radio 4 on (or whatever radio station you enjoy). The gentle chatter helps you feel less lonely and makes you feel a bit more connected to the rest of the world.

Get outside
At least once a day and this is non negotiable. When I worked from home I usually had a school or nursery run to get me out the house a couple of times a day, but on the days I didn’t go out and was purely deskbound, I’d wonder why all my ideas, motivation and concentration were drying up by 4pm. A quick dog walk, a run, or even a five minute potter in the garden during a working day might seem like slacking, but in reality it’s just the equivalent of doing the office tea run or having a water cooler chat with a colleague: it gives your brain a break and helps inspire productivity.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2020, 06:06:26 pm »
Obligatory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IW3lhfVpLL4

Love it :)

I've been working from home for a few years now, in the office once a week.  I've started using a co-working space 3days a week, about 40mins walk from my house. Exercise is excellent!
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2020, 06:10:01 pm »
I kinda work from home as I live above the office, so I guess I have the best of both worlds.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2020, 06:12:10 pm »
In the US been working from home for 2 years now, no change whatsoever

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2020, 06:13:54 pm »
In the US been working from home for 2 years now, no change whatsoever

Just out of interest - do you get regular customers/followers or is it constantly changing?
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2020, 06:15:49 pm »
Just out of interest - do you get regular customers/followers or is it constantly changing?

I avoid customers like the plague..

Too soon?

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2020, 06:17:18 pm »
I started working from home once a week about 4 years ago. As my firm started having 10 desks for every 11 people, we've got 6 for 11 people now so do it twice a week generally when it suit me. But my firm have told us all today to WFH until further notice.

Offline Branno

• Legacy Fan
  • Melbourne Scouse!
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2020, 06:24:00 pm »
Been working from home for 10 years + now. However not the best time to be a travel agent :)
"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"......Bill Shankly

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2020, 06:30:07 pm »
Love it :)

I've been working from home for a few years now, in the office once a week.  I've started using a co-working space 3days a week, about 40mins walk from my house. Exercise is excellent!

I'm assuming you'll be stopping then?

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2020, 06:53:42 pm »
Generally work from home a couple of days a month but also travel on average about 2 weeks each month.  Obviously the travel has been knocked on the head for the foreseeable.

Had all our office test home working capability earlier this week and all went well.  Expected it to as we had a situation up here a couple of years ago with bad weather that I shut the office down for a week and all worked out OK.

Plan to send a email out tonight to advize everyone is now to work from home as of tonight.  People will be allowed into the office Monday to collect any additional IT elements that may make home working easier (large monitiors etc).
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2020, 06:59:38 pm »
Generally work from home a couple of days a month but also travel on average about 2 weeks each month.  Obviously the travel has been knocked on the head for the foreseeable.

Had all our office test home working capability earlier this week and all went well.  Expected it to as we had a situation up here a couple of years ago with bad weather that I shut the office down for a week and all worked out OK.

Plan to send a email out tonight to advize everyone is now to work from home as of tonight.  People will be allowed into the office Monday to collect any additional IT elements that may make home working easier (large monitiors etc).

We had a queue of people this morning asking us fo spare monitors  ;D. Gave away a couple before the HR manager stepped in and said no more to be given out as people were talking about taking their office chair home. We've been in our new office for 2 weeks and already all the furniture was being stripped.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2020, 07:06:33 pm »
I work in Pharma company providing support/expertise/administration on analytical equipment, methods, software etc and am likely to start doing a week in, week from home, rota with the rest of the team very soon. It’s a fair proportion of it is lab based, but most of it is remote accessible from home, troubleshooting when I can’t see or touch the actual equipment is going to be an interesting challenge. I’m not great on the phone or over Skype either, so hopefully I’ll just be writing and reviewing documents on my weeks I’m at home.

Might not see some of my colleagues for weeks.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2020, 07:12:30 pm »
I wfh normally - usually have 1 day in the office or if a project is busy sometimes 2 but it is the same for all of my team. We have been told to wfh for the last two weeks, I think - to stay home unless it’s business critical. All meetings should be changed to virtual meetings where possible for the whole Business. Travel restrictions, no movements between buildings (we have a several in the same Cities - especially London) and just generally use common sense - don’t have clients/contractors in buildings if you don’t need to.

So my situation isn’t really changing any. I haven’t been to the office for 3 weeks now I think.

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2020, 07:51:18 pm »
I work for the DWP and we don't deal with customers face to face or take incoming calls - but our systems are just not advanced enough to be accessed remotely, and only certain managers have laptops. We're basically still living in the '90s.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2020, 08:01:31 pm »
told to work from home. our office is closed.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2020, 08:14:13 pm »
I can’t deal with working from home.  Put my emergency measures plan in place two days ago (am self-employed but choose to work in an office elsewhere) and am already, not going spare exactly, but really noticing how much slower and less enthusiastic I am when working at home.  Going to be a difficult ... however long it is.

It’s not that I’m massively social or anything, but I do think that when in work mode I do need to have other working people around for some reason.  When I’m at home I want to be at home properly.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2020, 08:47:11 pm »
We’re still being advised to continue our usual working patterns while at the same time being given really helpful advice like try and avoid the Tube if you can.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2020, 09:18:17 pm »
Why is the poll structured so as to render non-UK residents irrelevant?

I'm like Iska: I can work from home and the CEO has effectively given carte blanche where previously he was against it. But I've never liked WFH, I get too easily distracted and it just means my working day stretches out from 8am to 10pm. And I share the CEO's scepticism because many colleagues who do WFH occasionally always seem to be at the same point when they return to the office as when they left it. You have to be very driven to succeed at WFH, I think.

Furthermore, I have two sons with a combined age of 5, and no dedicated home office, so WFH is practically impossible these days. So I continue catching the train, knowing it's only a matter of time...

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2020, 09:49:05 pm »
Work in the US, antiquated process won't allow enough of us to work from home, I'm one of them. Soo this should be fun

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2020, 09:51:34 pm »
Why is the poll structured so as to render non-UK residents irrelevant?
It's like they've built a wall against the rest of us! >:(

My country would never build a wall.

Oh, wait. :o
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2020, 11:09:33 pm »
Used to work in consultancy and when not at client site could work from home or go into one of the offices.  Firm had offices in most cities anyway.  With VPN you’d access to the firms systems from anywhere.

Only downside to working from home was sometimes working until silly o’clock, and being on calls, Skype etc with folk in different time zones.  And of course distractions such as Netflix and breaking bad, etc, may have impacted working until silly o’clock.

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2020, 01:39:25 pm »
I've worked from home on and off for years. I'd say the most important thing is organising a schedule and sticking to it. Get up half an hour before you start work, have a shower and a coffee, set yourself work goals for certain times across the day and put down a target end time. Finding a cafe is indeed useful, as psychologically, having people around you will make you less likely to look at shit on the internet. But yes, make sure you buy something once an hour.

The advice about making your own workspace is indeed good, and try not to make it in front of the TV. Make sure you get some exercise. Even if you don't have time to go for a walk in the middle of the day, do some sit-ups or press-ups every now and again. The other thing that works for me is music. Having something to drown out the silence helps you knuckle down and concentrate.

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2020, 01:52:14 pm »
We had a queue of people this morning asking us fo spare monitors  ;D. Gave away a couple before the HR manager stepped in and said no more to be given out as people were talking about taking their office chair home. We've been in our new office for 2 weeks and already all the furniture was being stripped.

Bugger, never thought about bringing my chair home.   :)
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2020, 01:55:27 pm »
I've worked from home on and off for years. I'd say the most important thing is organising a schedule and sticking to it. Get up half an hour before you start work, have a shower and a coffee, set yourself work goals for certain times across the day and put down a target end time. Finding a cafe is indeed useful, as psychologically, having people around you will make you less likely to look at shit on the internet. But yes, make sure you buy something once an hour.

The advice about making your own workspace is indeed good, and try not to make it in front of the TV. Make sure you get some exercise. Even if you don't have time to go for a walk in the middle of the day, do some sit-ups or press-ups every now and again. The other thing that works for me is music. Having something to drown out the silence helps you knuckle down and concentrate.
Thanks, nice to see all that set down in a sensible way.

What music do you favour?  I’ve found it has to be something slowish, with not much vocal content, fairly weak drumming, and especially no complex harmonies.  My wife’s friend was in one day and said “oh, do you like Pink Floyd?”.  I started explaining why I had them on, but after about five seconds I realised the above makes me sound like a complete madman.

Offline Mr Benn please?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 123456789 Benn
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2020, 03:54:20 pm »
I work for a government department in central London. They have actively been encouraging people to work from home over the last few years and many of my colleagues are doing this. My ex boss for example works from home in the midlands 4 days a week and comes down to London the other day. We all have laptops that connect to the work IT systems from home , and can do meetings via Skype. I can fully understand the benefits.

I have tried it a few times though and even though I have a 1 hour each way commute, I prefer to go into work. I feel quite isolated at home, but the main reason is my house isn't set up for it. I have to work on the kitchen table which isn't designed for sitting at for long periods and I don't have an ergonomic chair like the ones in work. The type of work I do doesn't really lend itself to working on a single small screen - I have a large monitor on my desk at work and I use both screens.

Its inevitable I think that we will be asked or maybe even compelled to WFH over the next few weeks and I think if I do I will probably invest the money I'm saving from not commuting on a chair, desk and monitor and give it a proper go. This could be somewhat life changing.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2020, 03:56:46 pm »
Having worked from home for the last 12+ years one thing I will say is it's incredibly important to try and stick to a routine, especially in the mornings. Try to stick to getting up, making the bed, showered, breakfast, etc. and sitting down to start work for a set time. It's very easy to slip into non-work mode otherwise.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2020, 04:48:00 pm »
Normally i am at home being retired, but next week i am back in school to help with the Mock Exams!
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2020, 05:13:08 pm »
On the days I work from home, the rest of my family have to be up and out before 8 anyway so I tend to log on earlier than if I was commuting to the office unless I go for a run first.

I find if I’m busy then I get more done from home, but if I’m not flat out, or don’t have imminent deadlines I’m more likely to procrastinate at home than I would in the office.

I probably work longer days from home though because it’s easy to leave the laptop logged on once everyone else if back home again and then finish stuff off in the evening if I need to. When I commute home from the office and deal with kids’ bedtime it’s quite an effort to force myself to log back on if I need to.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2020, 07:50:51 pm »
Work have said I can work from home now because my parents live with me and I have two young kids, but am not doing it for now because I know sooner or later we will be told we have to work from home, and in all honesty the prospect of spending week upon week unable to leave the house will drive me round the bend so am waiting until I absolutely have to before I start working from home.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2020, 08:03:30 pm »
Work have said I can work from home now because my parents live with me and I have two young kids, but am not doing it for now because I know sooner or later we will be told we have to work from home, and in all honesty the prospect of spending week upon week unable to leave the house will drive me round the bend so am waiting until I absolutely have to before I start working from home.

Why would you not be able to leave the house. It is almost certain that SARS-CoV-2 cannot be transmitted through an airborne pathway. Stay 1.5m away from people and avoid touching surfaces that may contain the virus and you will be fine.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2020, 11:20:32 pm »
Why would you not be able to leave the house. It is almost certain that SARS-CoV-2 cannot be transmitted through an airborne pathway. Stay 1.5m away from people and avoid touching surfaces that may contain the virus and you will be fine.

I know I won’t literally not be able to leave the house, but in terms leaving the house every day to go to work, speaking to people and friends at work it will be quite isolating if I am working from home. Other then work I only really go to 2 places, the pub and the gym and they are both likely to be the kind of places that will be closed, especially the gym.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2020, 02:18:27 am »
Cant work from home, I work in construction, and I'm self employed and work free lance. On top of that, this coming week is my last one of a 2 year contract, a couple of months ago I had all sort of work lined up for when I finish this and now its all dried up pretty much overnight. No one is starting new projects in the midst of this madness, its going to be a rough ride.

Honestly.... Corona can fuck right off.

Online CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2020, 04:21:42 pm »
I work in a supermarket, so may I say to a good portion of those who get to work from home:

You lucky bastards.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2020, 04:45:03 pm »
I work in a supermarket, so may I say to a good portion of those who get to work from home:

You lucky bastards.

I think after this everyone will agree supermarket staff deserve good pay. You, nhs staff, lorry drivers, delivery drivers, pharmacies, manufacturers et al will be keeping the country going.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.