Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3454966 times)

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
Re: Wuhan Coronavirus
« Reply #120 on: February 11, 2020, 01:52:49 am »
Death toll hits over 1k with over 42k cases

Offline aussie_ox

• Main Stander
  • LFC Blood Red all the way
« Reply #121 on: February 11, 2020, 04:51:13 am »
Death toll hits over 1k with over 42k cases

Wish they would release statistics on how many of those deaths were people already in poor health.   If that's 1k deaths of perfectly healthy people then it is terrifying.
Klopp that!

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #122 on: February 11, 2020, 05:32:02 am »
Wish they would release statistics on how many of those deaths were people already in poor health.   If that's 1k deaths of perfectly healthy people then it is terrifying.

They’ve claimed it almost all people in poor health or previous conditions but then the stories of the doctor, and the international people who’ve died none of them seem to have been unhealthy before

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: February 11, 2020, 09:11:29 pm »

The doctor was in his 30's and perfectly healthy. Don't for a minute believe the 1000 dead figure myself.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #124 on: February 12, 2020, 12:16:25 pm »
Not only do we get daily newsletters in work about this but just had a half hour video on it.

"Any concerns speak to HR."

Umm.. I'm concerned you think I don't read the news

Offline Bob Sacamano

• Legacy Fan
  • Alleged Manc and/or Gooner
« Reply #125 on: February 13, 2020, 02:59:11 am »
QuickTake by Bloomberg (@QuickTake) Tweeted:
EARLIER: A person infected with the #coronavirus was mistakenly released from a hospital in San Diego.

The CDC says a labeling error caused the mix-up and the patient was sent back and placed in isolation after a day #CoronavirusOutbreak https://t.co/8eIhpvvGjy

When they realized they released the wrong guy...

https://media.giphy.com/media/eKZiqoTiQxrL7QLdyi/giphy.gif

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #126 on: February 13, 2020, 07:04:51 am »
BBC news reporting 242 dead in China yesterday.  60,000 now infected apparently. 

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #127 on: February 13, 2020, 07:16:15 am »
BBC news reporting 242 dead in China yesterday.  60,000 now infected apparently.

Apparently down to an improved/new way of assessing the disease in the original source city, so a lot of cases have been reclassified.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: February 13, 2020, 09:50:11 am »
My daughter, son-in-law and 23-month granddaughter were travelling in SE Asia and now (finally!) are trying to get back early. Flights from the Philippines to Taiwan and Hong Kong cancelled. Swiss Air wouldn't change their flight from Hong Kong. Worried sick.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: February 13, 2020, 09:58:38 am »
Confirmed case in London.

Stock up on loo roll and water. Lock all the doors. Shoot anyone who is on your driveway.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #130 on: February 13, 2020, 10:00:10 am »

Stock up on loo roll and water. Lock all the doors. Shoot anyone who is on your driveway.

Time to build a wall just north of Runcorn & block up the tunnels.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #131 on: February 13, 2020, 10:08:59 am »

Note to self; don't go down to London

Done and done ;D

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: February 13, 2020, 06:29:09 pm »

Think I seen a news report on that earlier (assuming it’s same case) and apparently relates to someone who felt unwell after travelling back from China.  And promptly got an Uber to A&E where Medical staff effectively isolated the individual and stated no contact was made with other patients or staff.  Ok so far apparently.

Then the news report stated that Uber driver was ok because the journey to A&E only took 15 mins! wtf.  So I assume said driver carried on taxi driving.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: February 13, 2020, 11:15:24 pm »
Think I seen a news report on that earlier (assuming it’s same case) and apparently relates to someone who felt unwell after travelling back from China.  And promptly got an Uber to A&E where Medical staff effectively isolated the individual and stated no contact was made with other patients or staff.  Ok so far apparently.

Then the news report stated that Uber driver was ok because the journey to A&E only took 15 mins! wtf.  So I assume said driver carried on taxi driving.

Yep that was odd. Cannot pass in 15 minutes? Would like to know how that is the case.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: February 13, 2020, 11:18:43 pm »
Yep that was odd. Cannot pass in 15 minutes? Would like to know how that is the case.
Not odd.
The Uber driver has little chance of contracting the infection because he was not with the woman long enough, Public Health England said. “As the journey was less than 15 minutes the driver did not have close sustained contact with the individual and is not considered high risk,” said Dr Rachel Thorn Heathcock, a PHE consultant.

Someone has to have had “close and sustained contact” with a carrier – defined as within two metres of them for at least 15 minutes – to be at risk, PHE added.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/13/london-coronavirus-patient-turned-up-hospital-uber-taxi

and

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/factsheets/Pages/novel-coronavirus-casual-contact.aspx
https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-questions/infections/how-long-do-bacteria-and-viruses-live-outside-the-body/
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 11:22:14 pm by Classycara »

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: February 14, 2020, 10:19:41 am »
This message was left at Arrowe Park - sounds like PHE NHS England and Wirral Council and the locals did a great job

https://twitter.com/PHE_uk/status/1227916268075966464

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: February 14, 2020, 12:41:45 pm »
FFS a bus conference. Can't think of a worse place for this person to have been than something to do with transportation

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-covid-19-patient-attended-london-conference-with-250-others-11933700
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: February 14, 2020, 01:12:05 pm »
FFS a bus conference. Can't think of a worse place for this person to have been than something to do with transportation

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-covid-19-patient-attended-london-conference-with-250-others-11933700

There are about a million worse places than an event with registered delegates, contact numbers and emails for almost all the people in attendance.

Key text from the link:

Dr Yimmy Chow, consultant in health protection at PHE, said: "One of our main priorities has been to identify any people who we think have been in close contact with confirmed cases of COVID-19 to provide public health advice, as they may be at slightly increased risk of catching the virus.

"While the degree of contact conference delegates may have had with the case is unlikely to have been significant, we have taken a precautionary approach and informed them of the situation."

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #138 on: February 15, 2020, 11:14:08 am »
Update. There have now been more than 67,000 registered cases of the virus, with most of them obviously being in mainland China. The death toll is over 1,520 and 4 deaths have occurred outside of China, with the first death in Europe having been registered just today in France (Chinese tourist on vacation).

There's been a spike in numbers because China changed how cases are tabulated have stopped lying and spreading misinformation and propaganda about the virus.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: February 15, 2020, 12:03:27 pm »
There's been a spike in numbers because China changed how cases are tabulated have stopped lying and spreading misinformation and propaganda about the virus.

Sorry but while that might sound convincing it's just blatantly untrue.

If you're interested in why the spike occured, read here https://twitter.com/suilee/status/1227764679813951489

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #140 on: February 15, 2020, 01:04:02 pm »
Sorry but while that might sound convincing it's just blatantly untrue.

If you're interested in why the spike occured, read here https://twitter.com/suilee/status/1227764679813951489

Sorry, I don't trust anything coming out of regimes who suppress everything that makes them look bad. The courageous whistleblower doctor - may he rest in peace - who tried to warn as many people as he could about it was detained and told not to spread any "misinformation" despite the fact that he knew exactly what was going on and was telling the truth.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: February 15, 2020, 01:12:48 pm »
Sorry, I don't trust anything coming out of regimes who suppress everything that makes them look bad. The courageous whistleblower doctor - may he rest in peace - who tried to warn as many people as he could about it was detained and told not to spread any "misinformation" despite the fact that he knew exactly what was going on and was telling the truth.

Cool to be sceptical of the Chinese government, but you've used that to double down on some baseless conspiracy with absolutely no evidence - and in the meantime diminished reports from independent US journalists and the experience of international workers inside and outside of China working on this outbreak.

You sort of lose your moral superiority over China not being trustworthy when you make things up yourself in a counter-conspiracy

Offline Caligula?

• Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #142 on: February 15, 2020, 01:26:30 pm »
Cool to be sceptical of the Chinese government, but you've used that to double down on some baseless conspiracy with absolutely no evidence - and in the meantime diminished reports from independent US journalists and the experience of international workers inside and outside of China working on this outbreak.

You sort of lose your moral superiority over China not being trustworthy when you make things up yourself in a counter-conspiracy

Cool to be skeptical of the Chinese government? No, it's only natural. And what moral superiority do I lose for not trusting information coming from a regime based on lies, corruption and propaganda? Oh, because now they've suddenly decided to be open and transparent (they really haven't) and have invited in international workers in an effort to be more transparent? I still wouldn't trust a word coming out of there, no matter who it's from.

Do yourself a favour and read these articles.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/02/03/wuhan-coronavirus-coverup-lies-chinese-officials-xi-jinping/

https://qz.com/1801361/wuhan-virus-citizen-journalists-fang-bin-chen-qiushi-go-missing/

https://www.theweek.co.uk/105704/is-china-telling-the-truth-about-coronavirus

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: February 15, 2020, 01:35:07 pm »
Cool to be skeptical of the Chinese government? No, it's only natural.
Yeah that's what i meant. Maybe I should have said fine instead of cool.
And what moral superiority do I lose for not trusting information coming from a regime based on lies, corruption and propaganda?
Isn't it obvious? Your scepticism about their 'propaganda' has led to you making up your own propaganda? If you show yourself to be unconcerned with rationality and facts, then you are no better morally (albeit infinitely less powerful/harmful ;) ) than the people you criticise.
Oh, because now they've suddenly decided to be open and transparent (they really haven't) and have invited in international workers in an effort to be more transparent?
Nope. Did you not read what I gave you? Noone claimed they decided to be 'open and transparent', that's you making something up again because you've misunderstood the explanation. Then lazy leapt towards a convenient sounding explanation rather than the truth.

Read that thread if you're generally interested. You might not understand some of the clinical aspects of it, but it explains why the number shot up without your lowest common denominator made up nonsense that the number shot up 'because... err.. propoganda'
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 01:37:28 pm by Classycara »

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: February 16, 2020, 09:26:18 am »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51519687

Political division is a funny thing.  ;D Started the article feeling very bad for the old couple stuck on the ship, then read he’s a ‘staunch Tory’ and wants to get treated by people who can ‘speak his language’, and end up thinking enjoy your quarantine.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: February 16, 2020, 10:27:41 am »

Political division is a funny thing.  ;D Started the article feeling very bad for the old couple stuck on the ship, then read he’s a ‘staunch Tory’ and wants to get treated by people who can ‘speak his language’, and end up thinking enjoy your quarantine.

Yep, he and his wife can fuck off.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #146 on: February 16, 2020, 12:06:30 pm »

But it's just a form of flu isn't it?

We don't do anything extraordinairy every pre-winter for the good old bwitish flu do we.

Apart from take the flu jab if you're in the vulnerable category.

Is there any element of xenophobia in all of this just because this particular flu came from China?

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: February 16, 2020, 12:13:44 pm »

Of course they are gammons!

I've never been on a cruise and never will, but apparently, they are absolutely full of rabid Brexiters and Tories.  Fuck em.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: February 16, 2020, 12:15:59 pm »
Of course they are gammons!

I've never been on a cruise and never will, but apparently, they are absolutely full of rabid Brexiters and Tories.  Fuck em.
Haha the irony!
With those political leanings - stuck in the water off land on a boat!
And popping into other foreign lands every few days!

Come to think of it - maybe it's like nostalgia for when Britain ruled the waves!  ;D

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: February 16, 2020, 07:08:09 pm »
I suppose noone trusts the numbers given by the Chinese government, including most Chinese people in mainland China.
Virus soreads very fast though so maybe that's one of the major reasons number jump very quickly.

A question, can one gets healed after being infected then infected by the virus again in a few days?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 07:17:23 pm by elsewhere »

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: February 16, 2020, 07:38:56 pm »
A question, can one gets healed after being infected then infected by the virus again in a few days?

Can't say with 100% certainty, but so far there's been no evidence of re-infection.

In other coronavirus infections usually people build immunity (source: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/faq.html )

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: February 16, 2020, 07:43:05 pm »

Utter prick, hope your quarantine is hell you twat.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: February 16, 2020, 09:42:50 pm »

We don't do anything extraordinairy every pre-winter for the good old bwitish flu do we.

Is there any element of xenophobia in all of this just because this particular flu came from China?

I'd assume the World Health Organisation isn't xenophobic

https://twitter.com/WHO/status/1227248333871173632

https://www.who.int/news-room/detail/13-02-2020-remarks-by-dr-michael-ryan-executive-director-who-health-emergencies-programme-at-media-briefing-on-covid-19-on-13-february-2020

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: February 17, 2020, 02:45:22 am »
I'd assume the World Health Organisation isn't xenophobic

https://twitter.com/WHO/status/1227248333871173632

https://www.who.int/news-room/detail/13-02-2020-remarks-by-dr-michael-ryan-executive-director-who-health-emergencies-programme-at-media-briefing-on-covid-19-on-13-february-2020
I don't keep up with WHO correspondence. But I'd assume they give equal coverage to every flu outbreak. We'd hope so.

I meant the media being xenophobic. It's what they do. They just need an excuse.

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #154 on: February 17, 2020, 05:16:18 am »
They’re not being xenophobic (at least the unique attention it’s getting) because it’s not a regular flu outbreak.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #155 on: February 17, 2020, 06:24:45 am »

I know this wasn't the point you were making, but you shouldn't just get the flu jab if you're in the "vulnerable" category. If enough people get the jab, then herd immunity kicks in and a wider population are protected. Transmission rates drop, fewer people are infected, fewer people fall ill.

Also, I got flu a couple of years ago and it wasn't nice. 3 days in bed and I felt like I was dying. I'm pretty healthy generally, but I don't want to go through that again. Got the jab the last few years, £7 a pop at the pharmacy at Asda. Bargain.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: February 17, 2020, 07:09:39 am »
I don't keep up with WHO correspondence. But I'd assume they give equal coverage to every flu outbreak. We'd hope so.

I meant the media being xenophobic. It's what they do. They just need an excuse.

If you read the links you’ll note this is not a ‘flu’ outbreak.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #157 on: February 17, 2020, 09:25:06 am »

Wow. Just reading that makes me dislike that man immensely. Fuck him.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: February 18, 2020, 07:08:08 am »

Just been confirmed by bbc news those two are now infected and will be taken off the ship and transfer to a hospital. 

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: February 18, 2020, 08:05:51 am »
Just been confirmed by bbc news those two are now infected and will be taken off the ship and transfer to a hospital. 

They should have passed on the bat soup.