Author Topic: The Liverpool fc website  (Read 7752 times)

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
The Liverpool fc website
« on: May 5, 2018, 08:16:35 am »
The worst on the planet or the entire cosmos? 

Calling it shite is being polite.

Its the feeling of being left not knowing if you've done the right thing, that makes it even shitterer than it already is.
« Last Edit: May 5, 2018, 08:18:06 am by CHOPPER »
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Liverpool fc website
« Reply #1 on: May 5, 2018, 08:51:33 am »
It's really a mess.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #2 on: May 5, 2018, 09:31:48 am »
Shite. Applied for my tickets using my phone. Was a nightmare trying to work out what I actually had to do. Not impressed at all
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2018, 08:10:35 am »
Covering itself in glory once more again I see.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline hansenite

• Main Stander
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2018, 09:07:57 am »
...but its how it should be done

Offline hansenite

• Main Stander
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2018, 09:11:12 am »
I'm sure capon has got some better ideas

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2021, 12:37:51 am »

New beta version of the official site...

https://beta.liverpoolfc.com/#
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2021, 12:50:01 am »
Looks awful. I hate how modern web designers assume everyone is viewing their site on a phone or tablet. It's absolutely horrible to use on a desktop.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2021, 02:36:07 am »
Us arl arses don't like change on websites. Always trying to make something new , when it isn't necessary. It's like you have a website team being paid and all they want to do is play around. Then they convince somebody, this is better. Then the roll out happens and it fails in some way, slow lag times, lost links, etc..

But not a damn thing we can do because they're going to push it on us.

And if any LFC people are reading this, I rarely if ever use my cell phone to access the website. 99.5 % of the time I access via laptop. You screw with that and I use the website less. Commercial sponsors take note.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Henderson19

• Main Stander
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2021, 09:47:52 am »
Us arl arses don't like change on websites. Always trying to make something new , when it isn't necessary. It's like you have a website team being paid and all they want to do is play around. Then they convince somebody, this is better. Then the roll out happens and it fails in some way, slow lag times, lost links, etc..

And if any LFC people are reading this, I rarely if ever use my cell phone to access the website. 99.5 % of the time I access via laptop. You screw with that and I use the website less. Commercial sponsors take note.

Yep, they should only cater to the diminishing minority of users who look at sites on desktop. Stuff the majority who use mobile sites and want improvement on a subpar website designed and built ten years ago. And I’m stunned that developers who are paid to develop actually want to develop better websites. So arrogant.

Offline leroy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2021, 11:13:01 am »
Looks awful. I hate how modern web designers assume everyone is viewing their site on a phone or tablet. It's absolutely horrible to use on a desktop.

Generally speaking modern web design is utter garbage.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2021, 11:18:40 am »
Yep, they should only cater to the diminishing minority of users who look at sites on desktop. Stuff the majority who use mobile sites and want improvement on a subpar website designed and built ten years ago. And I’m stunned that developers who are paid to develop actually want to develop better websites. So arrogant.

He didn't say to only cater for desktops, so a little weird you took that and then called him arrogant. 

Good webdesign should cater for both.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2021, 11:42:36 am »
Most new websites are optimized for mobile viewing.  I just looked at the site on my laptop and it looked fine to me.

There will constantly be upgrades to almost all websites.  New style and look and new functionality are a must to keep things "fresh" every few years. 

Offline Henderson19

• Main Stander
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2021, 11:44:06 am »
He didn't say to only cater for desktops, so a little weird you took that and then called him arrogant. 

Good webdesign should cater for both.

Didn’t call him arrogant, it was sarcasm. Arrogant of the developers not to cater to their audience and improve their product.

He said he didn’t like changes to websites. How are developers supposed to build anything better and adapt to trends? Good web design can cater for both but it’s all about mobile first now. So there’s going to be some effects to website users. But it’s still in beta, so wait a bit and it’ll be better optimised for desktops anyway.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2021, 11:59:38 am »
I like it

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2021, 12:02:58 pm »
Given the amount of time I spend looking at the official site, I honestly don’t care what it looks like  :P

Offline Henderson19

• Main Stander
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2021, 12:09:41 pm »
Given the amount of time I spend looking at the official site, I honestly don’t care what it looks like  :P

To be honest I’m the opposite. I spend a lot of time on there and it’s always bugged me, I just want to see a new site. We lag behind most other big clubs and their sites but this will catch us up. I really like the beta version. It’s clean and modern.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2021, 12:11:47 pm »
Am no expert in web design but I really don't like that new one. I seem to remember the design they had before the current (or formerly current) one was decent enough and easy to navigate. I hate the tickets page too, but then again, who doesn't  ;D

In fairness, I just looked on an article instead of the home page, and really love the quality of the pictures of Joe Fagan: https://beta.liverpoolfc.com/news/remembering-joe-fagan
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2021, 12:28:06 pm »
Am no expert in web design but I really don't like that new one. I seem to remember the design they had before the current (or formerly current) one was decent enough and easy to navigate.

Yeah I liked that one. Was a fucking mess when they moved to the new design and looks like they aren't improving it with this new iteration. This is desktop anyway.

I've stopped using it since they changed it from that one you mention.

Offline leroy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2021, 12:29:29 pm »

If you think they can only cater for a single type of user then you're an idiot. 

They should be catering for all major platforms - including desktop browsers.

Offline Henderson19

• Main Stander
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2021, 12:48:52 pm »
If you think they can only cater for a single type of user then you're an idiot. 

They should be catering for all major platforms - including desktop browsers.

Oh I’m definitely an idiot but I know it’s not a platform v platform thing. Mobile first design but desktop will still be fine to use. More and more users access sites on their mobiles, so it makes sense to design a site for mobiles first and then scale up.

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2021, 08:42:00 pm »
Personally I think it's an improvement, and the menus are easier to navigate. Is it brilliant design? No. Is it better than the old one? Yes.
In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2021, 09:09:59 pm »

There's a feedback option on there to let them know

Personally I think it's an improvement, and the menus are easier to navigate. Is it brilliant design? No. Is it better than the old one? Yes.

Agree with this
« Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 09:13:00 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2021, 10:59:21 pm »

I only use it for team information but even then it's usually behind RAWK.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2021, 11:19:31 pm »
That new version is a joke.  ;D

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: July 1, 2021, 01:19:15 am »
I think I prefer the new one. Don't think I liked visiting the site, but not sure this is so much of an improvement to change that.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #26 on: July 1, 2021, 09:21:59 am »
Less footie more Elton John

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #27 on: July 1, 2021, 09:49:53 am »
Too much Red.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #28 on: July 2, 2021, 11:15:28 am »
Beta website looks like cheap Wordpress template.

How hard is it.
:D

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #29 on: July 4, 2021, 04:27:41 pm »
Let me add a bit.

I do have the LFC Ap on my phone. Say I get an alert for a story or the line up. I click on the alert and it sends me to unknown places..well some page on LFC.. instead of straight to the exact link to show the story or the lineup directly.

The Ap is piss poor for me. So I rarely use it.

But guess what, use a lap top, don't have a desk top, and I get straight to what I want to read.

The only negative for lap top use is:  I pay for the annual sub for LFCTV GO. Every time I get on to the home page and click on the  LFCTV GO link, I get a pop up page asking me to sign up. I'm on the frigging page and logged in ding dongs. All I do is hit refresh and it goes away. Small annoyance but an annoyance anyway.

Now I don't really care how the home page looks. It's about navigation without stress and extra effort.

What i've experienced with any "new" roll out, LFC or otherwise, are the problems associated. I would prefer fine tuning what one has without disruption. Direct links instead of sending someone elsewhere only to go fish trying to find things.

Lap tops, or desk tops, may be a dinosaur thing to those who only use a phone but they aren't going away. To many use them at home, school, or work. I'd wager those who report to LFC for work aren't using their phones the majority of the time. Neither do journalists who report on the match. Nor do broadcast people.

And then you have us dinosaurs who prefer a bigger screen to watch or read from. That's what a lap top provides when at home.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: July 4, 2021, 06:58:55 pm »
Let me add a bit.

I do have the LFC Ap on my phone. Say I get an alert for a story or the line up. I click on the alert and it sends me to unknown places..well some page on LFC.. instead of straight to the exact link to show the story or the lineup directly.

But guess what, use a lap top, don't have a desk top, and I get straight to what I want to read.

The only negative for lap top use is:  I pay for the annual sub for LFCTV GO. Every time I get on to the home page and click on the  LFCTV GO link, I get a pop up page asking me to sign up. I'm on the frigging page and logged in ding dongs. All I do is hit refresh and it goes away. Small annoyance but an annoyance anyway.

Now I don't really care how the home page looks. It's about navigation without stress and extra effort.

What i've experienced with any "new" roll out, LFC or otherwise, are the problems associated. I would prefer fine tuning what one has without disruption. Direct links instead of sending someone elsewhere only to go fish trying to find things.

Lap tops, or desk tops, may be a dinosaur thing to those who only use a phone but they aren't going away. To many use them at home, school, or work. I'd wager those who report to LFC for work aren't using their phones the majority of the time. Neither do journalists who report on the match. Nor do broadcast people.

And then you have us dinosaurs who prefer a bigger screen to watch or read from. That's what a lap top provides when at home.

I find the same with the app. When I get a pop-up on my phone with say a new signing or team news etc, I usually have to wait 5-10 mins for the link to work properly otherwise it just takes you to the previous news item if you click on it immediately.

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
« Reply #31 on: July 5, 2021, 01:47:50 am »
Let me add a bit.

The LFCTV thing bugs me as well. I also pay for the annual sub and the constant pop-up asking me to sign-up despite being logged-in and a subscriber is a pain. Also LFCTV is a pretty poorly designed site as well since they did the re-design a few years back and a lot of the old content is pretty much impossible to find now. I used to watch the extended highlights from the Rafa period (despite the poor video quality) and when they did the re-design all those videos became impossible to find.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #32 on: July 5, 2021, 10:11:07 am »
I find the same with the app. When I get a pop-up on my phone with say a new signing or team news etc, I usually have to wait 5-10 mins for the link to work properly otherwise it just takes you to the previous news item if you click on it immediately.

Same here, absolute pain in the arse. When I get the team news alert I tend to go straight to twitter or insta and just read it there as I can never find it on the app!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: July 5, 2021, 11:24:21 am »
I've just had a survey to say what I think about the beta-test website.  There were no comment boxes to provide any qualitative feedback.

Using Chrome on a Windows 10 desktop, the main change appears to be that the News pages now load only 10 stories at a time, and are extended manually within the same webpage, rather than the previous pagination method with 36 stories per page.

Why do they think we need huge images against each story?  I just want a columnar list of headlines I can scan through, with original publish date/time and latest update date/time against each one, with the option to sort by either of those two timestamp columns.  There is no need for any images in the summary list.  How hard can this be?

They asked me to rate "search functionality", but it seems to have disappeared completely on my screen from the News page.  There is a Filter option, but that is broken and doesn't work.

Does anyone in LFC ever do any proper IT testing?

Offline mickl

• many mickls makes a muckl
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #34 on: July 5, 2021, 02:57:50 pm »
Er, no. They think they know best.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #35 on: July 5, 2021, 03:35:47 pm »
White text on a massive red background is the first mistake to make ...   :o
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #36 on: July 5, 2021, 04:32:39 pm »
I've just had a survey to say what I think about the beta-test website.  There were no comment boxes to provide any qualitative feedback.

On the Beta site there's a yellow strap at the top where you can click through to a comments box. Not many words allowed though so use them wisely!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: July 7, 2021, 08:02:25 am »
White text on a massive red background is the first mistake to make ...   :o

Yeah, it's a bit... well, burn your eyes in red isn't it? The yellow as well, I mostly have my computers in dark mode now so it's like screamingly bright.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #38 on: July 7, 2021, 08:48:24 am »
Remember how much people hated it when Rawk went from a white background to what it is now  ;D

We'll get used to it, even if we hate it at the start
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: July 7, 2021, 10:38:33 am »
Just seems like a generic template they use for clickbait newspapers nowadays but at least the menu bar seems a little less cluttered than the current site if I remember right

I don't think I ever check the website unless something specific pops up on Twitter

I also feel like the font choices at points seem a bit grating
« Last Edit: July 7, 2021, 10:42:00 am by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.