Author Topic: Spanish Football  (Read 586091 times)

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Spanish Football
« Reply #6920 on: August 22, 2021, 10:45:15 pm »
It's 3-3. Vinicius scores again.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6921 on: August 22, 2021, 10:47:00 pm »
Levante keeper now sent off on 87 minutes with an outfield player having to go in goal. What a second half.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #6922 on: August 22, 2021, 10:54:01 pm »
Both Barca and Real don't look convincing at all. From CL perspective, neither do Juve and Bayern, although it's early days. Inter are in a bit of transition. It's got to be between us, City, PSG, Chelsea, and maybe Atletico if they start using their squad better in CL games.
Possibly Bayern too. Certainly a superb opportunity over the next 4/5 years to put another couple of big cups in the cabinet.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6923 on: August 22, 2021, 10:59:10 pm »
That was an insane stoppage time. Outfield player in goal for 6 minutes and he wasnt tested, once...Lunacy

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #6924 on: August 22, 2021, 11:18:21 pm »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6925 on: August 23, 2021, 02:58:49 am »
That Vinicius finish for his 2nd goal was sublime.  He may yet turn into the player RM hoped he would.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6926 on: September 12, 2021, 08:11:17 pm »
Real are back in the Bernabeu for the first time since lockdown. 1-0 down to Celta, 9 minutes gone so it's started well for them.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #6927 on: September 12, 2021, 08:49:10 pm »
2-1 down at HT. Another goal for Bemzema though, he is just outstanding.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #6928 on: September 12, 2021, 09:41:54 pm »
Benzema 34 in december. what an incredible footballer
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #6929 on: September 21, 2021, 10:25:03 pm »
That man Suarez again. A goal down with fifteen left to play at Getafe but he scored twice. They just can't stop winning games at the death. Would have to fancy Atletico again this season with Barca looking as bad as ever and Madrid a bit inconsistent under Ancelotti

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6930 on: September 21, 2021, 10:28:31 pm »
He heard our lads singing the Suarez song at Norwich and  it powered him up.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6931 on: September 21, 2021, 10:37:34 pm »
That man Suarez again. A goal down with fifteen left to play at Getafe but he scored twice. They just can't stop winning games at the death. Would have to fancy Atletico again this season with Barca looking as bad as ever and Madrid a bit inconsistent under Ancelotti

Inconsistent? They're 1 point behind Atletico having played a game less.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6932 on: September 21, 2021, 11:24:53 pm »
Inconsistent? They're 1 point behind Atletico having played a game less.

Not that Atletico are much better, but Real Madrid have struggled to get the points they have so far.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6933 on: September 21, 2021, 11:31:34 pm »
Not that Atletico are much better, but Real Madrid have struggled to get the points they have so far.

If we're judging based on consistency then mentioning Atletico who have been unconvincing themselves isn't probably a good example.

Atletico should be head and shoulders above the rest, but they aren't. Even last year they made a meal out of their league title, considering they were sitting on 11 plus point lead at one point. They only won the league by 2 points.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #6934 on: September 22, 2021, 12:21:51 am »
Boring now

Ronaldo amd messi gone what is there to watch? A load of absolutely insufferable play acting and cheating and Atletico bore us all to tears
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #6935 on: September 22, 2021, 09:09:43 pm »
Benzema looking more effective than ever now. That's 7 goals and 5 assists in five matches and a few minutes of this one. He'll hit the 300 landmark for Madrid this season.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6936 on: September 22, 2021, 11:11:26 pm »
6-1 for Real in the end, Asensio with a hat-trick.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6937 on: September 25, 2021, 03:49:31 pm »
Atletico Madrid lost to Alaves, who were without a point until today.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6938 on: September 25, 2021, 03:51:20 pm »
Atletico was so lucky last weekend getting 2 injury time goals against Granada, glad their luck ended tonight.
They have been garbage, Joao Felix, Griezzman all look average. They would be comfortably midtable team without Suarez.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #6939 on: September 25, 2021, 04:48:13 pm »
I know they still concede very few, but that surprises me considering the quality of defenders they had five or six years ago was much better than what they have today.

I think Griezmann is finished now. Certainly at the level he was around 2014-2018. Finished is probably harsh, he'll make contributions but he's not been the same for a few years now.

Hoping we beat these at least once, especially at Anfield. 4 points against them would be a good return.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #6940 on: September 25, 2021, 05:08:43 pm »
Atletico was so lucky last weekend getting 2 injury time goals against Granada, glad their luck ended tonight.
They have been garbage, Joao Felix, Griezzman all look average. They would be comfortably midtable team without Suarez.

I'd rather we were playing them this week when they're so out of form. They've looked well off it so far.

They weren't great last season either but Suarez helped carry them and Barca and Real were both poor.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6941 on: September 25, 2021, 05:20:04 pm »
I'd rather we were playing them this week when they're so out of form. They've looked well off it so far.

They weren't great last season either but Suarez helped carry them and Barca and Real were both poor.

Real finished 2 points behind Atletico last year, so if they were poor, so were Atletico.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #6942 on: September 30, 2021, 12:00:18 am »
It’s been nearly 40 years since either Barca or Madrid were kept away from the title 2 years running

Atletico and co. You’ve waited 30 years for this

Don’t waste it
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6943 on: October 2, 2021, 05:36:51 pm »
Suarez or Griezmann winner against Barcelona is absolutely inevitable later.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6944 on: October 2, 2021, 09:48:34 pm »
Atletico are very turgid and negative. They put 8 men behind the ball against Barcelona's babies. I hope we smash them.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6945 on: October 2, 2021, 10:07:23 pm »
I hope Sevilla or Sociedad keeps this up,this could very well be the year.

Offline On Axis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6946 on: October 13, 2021, 11:43:15 pm »
https://twitter.com/IntChampionsCup/status/1448372970141847555?s=20

Real and Atletico's weekend matches were both postponed because of the CONMEBOL matches tomorrow.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6947 on: October 18, 2021, 03:16:25 pm »
Absolutely loads of tickets available on general sale for this weekend's El Clásico in Barcelona.

Sign of the times.

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6948 on: October 22, 2021, 11:34:07 am »
Don't think anyone has ever been less arsed about an El Classico game.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6949 on: October 22, 2021, 12:34:44 pm »
Absolutely loads of tickets available on general sale for this weekend's El Clásico in Barcelona.

Sign of the times.

People do not go to Barcelona home games when they are not good and they don't like the style of play.  That's been happening for years so nothing new.  It happened when Tata Martino was manager then they all flocked back to watch when Enrique took over. 

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6950 on: October 22, 2021, 12:37:12 pm »

Sign of the times.

That's the shittiest fans mural ever.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline CalgarianRed

• Kopite
« Reply #6951 on: October 22, 2021, 09:34:53 pm »
https://www.espn.com/soccer/blog-the-toe-poke/story/4501715/barcelona-reveal-plans-for-camp-nou-redevelopment-to-rival-real-madrids-bernabeu

Not sure how they will finance it but it does look really good. I like this new all encompassing sports complex stadiums. Kinda like the Allegiant stadium in Vegas which is excellent.
True North Strong

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #6952 on: October 22, 2021, 11:00:36 pm »
https://www.espn.com/soccer/blog-the-toe-poke/story/4501715/barcelona-reveal-plans-for-camp-nou-redevelopment-to-rival-real-madrids-bernabeu

Not sure how they will finance it but it does look really good. I like this new all encompassing sports complex stadiums. Kinda like the Allegiant stadium in Vegas which is excellent.

I went to the USA v Mexico game there.  Worst outside of stadium experience I’ve ever had, it’s impossible to get to if you’re on the Strip.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #6953 on: October 23, 2021, 09:19:43 am »

Sign of the times.

Presumably the upper tier which is awful as well. The ground is badly dated.

Their fans are very fair weathered and fickle as well in terms of turning up, they rely on a lot of tourism. Half of Camp Nou are usually tourists but those numbers impacted by the pandemic and also no Messi and the team being crap.

There's nobody on that pitch on Sunday really that are a huge draw which is unheard of for a Classico.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #6954 on: October 23, 2021, 07:14:53 pm »

Sid Lowe has done a decent article on this...

'Clásico rivals’ hopes rest on rising stars now Ramos and Messi have gone'

Real Madrid and Barcelona meet in the league without either Sergio Ramos or Lionel Messi involved for first time since 2005

www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2021/oct/23/clasico-barcelona-real-madrid-ramos-messi-ansu-fati-vinicius

Barcelona vs Real Madrid is on Sunday with a 3.15pm kick off - live on both La Liga TV and Premier Sports in the UK.

TV stations around the world showing the match live - www.livesoccertv.com/match/4046083/barcelona-vs-real-madrid/

Streams - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.0 (60+ streaming sites - many with multiple links to matches)

Barcelona XI: ter Stegen, Mingueza, Pique, Garcia, Alba, de Jong, Busquets, Gavi, Dest, Depay, Fati.

Real Madrid XI: Courtois, Vazquez, Militao, Alaba, Mendy, Modric, Casemiro, Kroos, Rodrygo, Benzema, Vinicius JR.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2021, 02:25:53 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6955 on: October 24, 2021, 03:14:22 pm »
Real should beat these.

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #6956 on: October 24, 2021, 03:40:38 pm »
Real should beat these.

Agreed, they should mate - can't see Real not managing to exploit Barcelona's defensive weaknesses and openness in midfield.

'Real Madrid penalty shout vs Barcelona' on 21' - https://streamable.com/rl4m87 (didn't look like a pen at all - weird reaction from the Real player too)

'Sergino Dest miss vs Real Madrid' on 25' - https://streamable.com/h7r0nk (shocker)

Barcelona 0 - [1] Real Madrid; David Alaba goal on 32' - https://streamable.com/b10ugw & https://streamff.com/v/46ae75

Barcelona 0 - [2] Real Madrid; Lucas Vázquez goal on 90+4' - https://streamja.com/LV9jO & https://juststream.live/RechargedNightclubMorosely

Barcelona [1] - 2 Real Madrid; Sergio Agüero goal on 90+7' - https://streamja.com/30klB & https://juststream.live/TechnophobicTeapotGangly

Barcelona 1 - 2 Real Madrid; full-time.

Match Highlights : https://old.reddit.com/r/footballhighlights/comments/qesu5z/fc_barcelona_vs_real_madrid_la_liga_24oct2021

Sevilla 5 - 3 Levante; 8 minute highlights (from earlier today) - https://soccer-highlightshd.blogspot.com/2021/10/highlights-24102021.html

« Last Edit: October 24, 2021, 11:37:20 pm by oojason »

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6957 on: October 24, 2021, 03:50:07 pm »
Alaba puts Madrid ahead.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6958 on: October 24, 2021, 09:35:02 pm »
what a great surprise Sociedad has been this season! Oyarzabal's agent will be quite busy this winter.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6959 on: October 26, 2021, 10:28:50 pm »
Villarreal were involved in a humdinger there.