Author Topic: NBA Discussion  (Read 610442 times)

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
Re: NBA Discussion
« Reply #8120 on: August 7, 2021, 10:58:37 am »
Doc Red, Knicks making smallnut steady moves last few years but not the beat moves this summer.
If Kemba plays close to the level he was in Charlotte and becomes 1a 1b with Randle, great news. Fournier adds some good shooting.

Which players do you exoect them to go for next season, Lillard,Embiid, Tatum?

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8121 on: August 7, 2021, 10:59:28 am »
Miami got a cheap under the rada signing, Omer Yurtseven. He has been impressive in the summer league.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8123 on: August 11, 2021, 10:18:40 pm »
Lakers may sign Isaiah Thomas, he is still only 32, he may be a bit too young for them ;D

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8125 on: August 11, 2021, 11:06:03 pm »
Despite being one of my fav players along with Stockton and Nash, Kidd's name was always involved in stories about domestic abuse, DUI, affairs, just being a garbage human being etc.

But i think after Nets and Bucks experiences he found it hard to be a head coach again therefore he will change his methods. Well, he won't pull any of those to Luka anyways as his ass would be shipped soon.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8126 on: August 12, 2021, 08:02:32 am »
Big facts. If he even looks at Luka the wrong way he is out of there. Player power is probably at its highest in the NBA and superstars basically walk on water

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8127 on: August 17, 2021, 11:57:46 am »
Nice little documentary on Netflix about the Malice at the Palace episode. Still one of the most extraordinary things I've witnessed. Some absolute loons thinking they can take on NBA players.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8128 on: August 17, 2021, 01:58:31 pm »
Nice little documentary on Netflix about the Malice at the Palace episode. Still one of the most extraordinary things I've witnessed. Some absolute loons thinking they can take on NBA players.
"I thoroughly enjoyed watching out of shape civilians get the shit kicked out of them by professional athletes " Bill Burr

;D
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8129 on: August 18, 2021, 08:25:56 pm »
https://youtu.be/3x6DjeJNd64

deaymond-kd talks is quite fun, interesting that even Green blamed Warriors on KD fallout.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8130 on: August 18, 2021, 08:43:49 pm »
https://youtu.be/3x6DjeJNd64

deaymond-kd talks is quite fun, interesting that even Green blamed Warriors on KD fallout.

of course Draymond did, made himself feel better. Ultimately had he not run his mouth, the situation never happens and the Warriors never get a chance to make KD feel the way he did.

It's not just because they argued, its what he said.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8131 on: August 19, 2021, 06:32:22 am »
of course Draymond did, made himself feel better. Ultimately had he not run his mouth, the situation never happens and the Warriors never get a chance to make KD feel the way he did.

It's not just because they argued, its what he said.
yeah, a proud man wouldn't digest those:
“You’re a b****, and you know you’re a b****. We don’t need you. We won without you. Leave.”

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8132 on: August 20, 2021, 03:21:24 pm »
Also weird slagging off your current bosses unless you’re positioning yourself for a trade. Probably getting excited that Detroit are in the process of a rebuild.

Actually think they should trade him and picks for Simmons, he’d be perfect for them. Doesn’t need to shoot when you’re playing alongside Curry (and hopefully Klay).

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8133 on: August 20, 2021, 03:29:00 pm »
yeah, a proud man wouldn't digest those:
“You’re a b****, and you know you’re a b****. We don’t need you. We won without you. Leave.”

I'm surprised KD made peace with him. I would have hit him with the nearest chair, heat of the moment or not. There's no coming back after those words, but thats just me.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8134 on: August 20, 2021, 03:39:45 pm »
I'm surprised KD made peace with him. I would have hit him with the nearest chair, heat of the moment or not. There's no coming back after those words, but thats just me.

To be fair they won a few decent picks without him.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8135 on: August 20, 2021, 03:42:16 pm »
To be fair they won a few decent picks without him.

Great, so why beg me to come join you? Regardless of that, you don't talk to another grown man like that unless its warranted and it wasn't.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8136 on: August 20, 2021, 08:25:59 pm »
Also weird slagging off your current bosses unless you’re positioning yourself for a trade. Probably getting excited that Detroit are in the process of a rebuild.

Actually think they should trade him and picks for Simmons, he’d be perfect for them. Doesn’t need to shoot when you’re playing alongside Curry (and hopefully Klay).
Simmons is a guard wing much more then a somebody who should play as a point center or PF. His arms are shorter then Green's too. Green is 6'5.75 wo shoes(7'7.75) with a 7'1.25 wingspan Simmons is 6'9 wo shoes with a 7.0'25 Wingspan aka he has short arms to his height and plays like a guard. It not a good fit plus Green leader.
Green respects his coach and the people above him but that doesn't mean he cant criticize  them for messing something up. He was legit text Bob Meyers who to draft. He texted him Kuminga then Moody. Pretty sure if Durante was there at 14 with moody it would have been Durante though

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8137 on: August 21, 2021, 06:28:27 pm »
Great, so why beg me to come join you? Regardless of that, you don't talk to another grown man like that unless its warranted and it wasn't.

Was tongue-in-cheek, they lost one of the greatest scorers of all time you can't just replace that overnight, if ever.

Simmons is a guard wing much more then a somebody who should play as a point center or PF. His arms are shorter then Green's too. Green is 6'5.75 wo shoes(7'7.75) with a 7'1.25 wingspan Simmons is 6'9 wo shoes with a 7.0'25 Wingspan aka he has short arms to his height and plays like a guard. It not a good fit plus Green leader.
Green respects his coach and the people above him but that doesn't mean he cant criticize  them for messing something up. He was legit text Bob Meyers who to draft. He texted him Kuminga then Moody. Pretty sure if Durante was there at 14 with moody it would have been Durante though

It's not to downplay the importance of wingspan, but there are many other factors that make a good defender. The Atheltic 'Anonymous NBA coaches poll: Who were league’s best defenders during 2020-21 season?' voted Simmons best defender in the league, just ahead of Gobert. Green is also an outrageous defender, but Simmons can do everything Green can do off the ball, but has the higher ceiling as an overall player.

Thought it was a strange decision to miss the Olympics, but I think it's just a reflection of where he is right now with his basketball and he decided to take a break (under the pretence of 'improving his shot', although he seemed to be with Maya Jama for half of it). He gets stick off his own fans and the media constantly berate his poor technique and freezing in the big moments, so he's lost all confidence. Still though, surely there's a coach that can take him to the level everyone thought he would reach when he first arrived in the NBA.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8138 on: August 21, 2021, 09:50:52 pm »

It's not to downplay the importance of wingspan, but there are many other factors that make a good defender. The Atheltic 'Anonymous NBA coaches poll: Who were league’s best defenders during 2020-21 season?' voted Simmons best defender in the league, just ahead of Gobert. Green is also an outrageous defender, but Simmons can do everything Green can do off the ball, but has the higher ceiling as an overall player.

Thought it was a strange decision to miss the Olympics, but I think it's just a reflection of where he is right now with his basketball and he decided to take a break (under the pretence of 'improving his shot', although he seemed to be with Maya Jama for half of it). He gets stick off his own fans and the media constantly berate his poor technique and freezing in the big moments, so he's lost all confidence. Still though, surely there's a coach that can take him to the level everyone thought he would reach when he first arrived in the NBA.
I get that it just his role and what he guarding night in and night out, Simmons is normally on guards, smaller wings instead of big wings/Centers which is where Green guards more. His role would change he better offensively in scoring then green but I don't think they would do that change considering Green leadership skills also.

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #8139 on: September 17, 2021, 08:13:07 pm »
The new home of the Clippers is being unveiled, Intuit dome, very nice it is too.

They've prepared their banners already as well apparently.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8140 on: September 18, 2021, 04:09:32 am »
Are clippers the Tottenham of the NBA?

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8141 on: October 12, 2021, 02:45:52 am »

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #8142 on: October 12, 2021, 05:41:02 pm »
The Nets say Kyrie's out until he gets the jab. No practice, no games.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #8143 on: October 19, 2021, 07:59:06 pm »
Simmons situation getting worse with the 76ers...   thrown out of practice.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8144 on: October 20, 2021, 08:08:37 am »
Simmons situation getting worse with the 76ers...   thrown out of practice.

Even Embiid is fed up:

“At this point I don’t care about that man, honestly. He does whatever he wants”

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #8145 on: October 20, 2021, 10:37:44 am »
Just looking at last night's games. I'm rubbish at keeping up with things in the off season but did the Lakers just pick up all the old, journeyman guys they won with a year ago hoping to try again?

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #8146 on: October 20, 2021, 01:44:30 pm »
Just looking at last night's games. I'm rubbish at keeping up with things in the off season but did the Lakers just pick up all the old, journeyman guys they won with a year ago hoping to try again?
Yes

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #8147 on: October 20, 2021, 01:51:38 pm »
Have to say, I always disliked Simmons, especially for his refusal to play for the Boomers, with the excuse of "working on his game". Fuck off you prick, that broken ass shot is unfixable. He always seemed like such a self-centred douche, and an overrated lazy shithouse, so I'm really enjoying seeing everyone shitting on him, especially my man Joel.

Offline Roopy

• Kopite
« Reply #8148 on: October 21, 2021, 02:15:24 am »
Have to say, I always disliked Simmons, especially for his refusal to play for the Boomers, with the excuse of "working on his game". Fuck off you prick, that broken ass shot is unfixable. He always seemed like such a self-centred douche, and an overrated lazy shithouse, so I'm really enjoying seeing everyone shitting on him, especially my man Joel.

Scouting report on Simmons from 2016 before he was drafted.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8150 on: October 21, 2021, 02:13:13 pm »

Yeah, it's pretty galling that he didn't go to the Olympics to work on his game, only to pout about and not practice with his team. Fuck that guy.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #8151 on: October 21, 2021, 04:06:01 pm »
Yeah, it's pretty galling that he didn't go to the Olympics to work on his game, only to pout about and not practice with his team. Fuck that guy.
Your lot were probably better off without that overrated shithouse. Got a bronze medal and all, more than he'll ever win.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #8152 on: October 21, 2021, 05:00:55 pm »
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8153 on: October 21, 2021, 10:44:38 pm »
KOC has been on the 'Simmons shoots with the wrong hand' beat for a long time.
It matches with his inability be coached etc from the scouting report. His shooting coach is brother.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #8154 on: October 21, 2021, 11:43:16 pm »
It matches with his inability be coached etc from the scouting report. His shooting coach is brother.
J.J. Redick also said the same, and he knows a thing or two about shooting.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8155 on: October 21, 2021, 11:43:47 pm »
J.J. Redick also said the same, and he knows a thing or two about shooting.
also Redick played with him

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #8156 on: October 21, 2021, 11:48:20 pm »
also Redick played with him
Yep. I think he even advised that knucklehead to shoot with his other hand, and he wouldn't listen. Talk about arrogance. When one of the greatest shooters of all time say you're shooting with your wrong fucking hand, you listen.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8157 on: October 26, 2021, 08:42:51 pm »
Early but great 3-0 start by my Warriors, beating Lakers and Sacramento away,Clippers at home. all good teams imo.
Hopefully with Klay back in mid season, we can surprise people by putting a challenge for the title.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8158 on: October 26, 2021, 08:44:04 pm »
Talking about Reddick, his podcasts are a lot of fun. Kid knows the game of basketball and has very good analysis, quite funny stories too.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8159 on: October 28, 2021, 06:43:44 am »
Your lot were probably better off without that overrated shithouse. Got a bronze medal and all, more than he'll ever win.

I mean, obviously he would've had to bring the right attitude, but it's hard to imagine Australia not going well with Simmons running the point and the likes of Ingles and Mills on the end of the kick-outs. Also, along with Thybulle he would've given Australia the best perimeter defence in the tournament by a distance. Might have helped us lock down Team USA when they got on a run.

Keep in mind that Josh Giddey was also cut from the Aussie team, and he's taken to the NBA like a duck to water, so the Aussie selectors weren't infallible despite the medal (which, though it was a momentous occasion, is something the team should have achieved years ago, having become the Arsenal of world basketball - always coming fourth).