Author Topic: Lego  (Read 52003 times)

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
Re: Lego
« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2015, 10:41:02 pm »
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Rob K

• He is the one and only! Naked and caked in mud
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2015, 11:04:38 pm »
Ridiculously expensive this and i've no idea where i'd keep it but the geek in me really wants it. :D

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/3O422YCyzjs?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/3O422YCyzjs?fs=1</a>
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have...

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #82 on: February 20, 2015, 09:48:38 am »
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: March 30, 2016, 08:06:10 pm »

42056 - Coming this Summer

Offline Rob K

• He is the one and only! Naked and caked in mud
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2016, 08:16:36 pm »
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have...

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: March 31, 2016, 01:44:52 pm »
I'd rather walk on real fire. :D

Mythbusters to the rescue ;)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/7dgpsI1MdQI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/7dgpsI1MdQI</a>
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #86 on: March 31, 2016, 02:35:28 pm »
Ridiculously expensive this and i've no idea where i'd keep it but the geek in me really wants it. :D

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/3O422YCyzjs?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/3O422YCyzjs?fs=1</a>

£270.00 is a tad pricey!! - looks like an enjoyable one to build

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #87 on: March 31, 2016, 07:09:00 pm »
£270.00 is a tad pricey!! - looks like an enjoyable one to build

I know. Shame you can't just rent the stuff for a weekend or something.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #88 on: March 31, 2016, 08:11:39 pm »
I know. Shame you can't just rent the stuff for a weekend or something.
https://www.pley.com/toy-rental

Start the UK version.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #89 on: March 31, 2016, 08:13:51 pm »
Do they still do the buckets of lego?

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: March 31, 2016, 09:13:12 pm »

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #91 on: July 25, 2016, 02:38:17 pm »

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: October 11, 2016, 10:39:57 am »
Leaked pic of the new Lego Beatles Yellow Submarine set.  ;D
Should be out in time for crimbo I think.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 10:42:02 am by kennedy81 »

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: June 19, 2017, 12:48:51 pm »
I just spent £110 on the new Lego Saturn V after watching Vintage Space's Amy wrestle with building the SC-1 for 80 minutes.

I'm now really torn because I want to put it together, but I think it's a limited edition so could be worth a fortune if I leave it in the box.

I can't afford to buy a second.  :'(

Popcorn's Art

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #95 on: June 19, 2017, 01:13:54 pm »
I just spent £110 on the new Lego Saturn V after watching Vintage Space's Amy wrestle with building the SC-1 for 80 minutes.

I'm now really torn because I want to put it together, but I think it's a limited edition so could be worth a fortune if I leave it in the box.

I would never buy LEGO as an investment.  Some of the other shit out there that MIGHT be worth a fortune, yes. But LEGO - it's there to be built.  Build and stick in a glass cabinet.  I'd love to buy a cabinet and put in my LEGO display - not a lot i admit but until the kids have flown the coop then not much point

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #96 on: June 19, 2017, 01:17:24 pm »
Also, my wife loves the Chrysler Building.  We went into the LEGO store in Leeds.  Fuck me , it's the worst pile of shit I've seen.  If you're going to do an iconic building at least make it worthwhile.  To be fair i think it was a 3-piece set with the Empire State and another, but FFS sort out the top of the building art deco style - that's what makes it iconic.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: June 19, 2017, 01:22:00 pm »

My lad is 9 on Saturday and wanted the Indominous Rex breakout for his birthday, but its retired now, so can't get it. I will be showing him that Saturn V rocket and see if he wants it instead (cos I bloody well do).

just built a first order Tie fighter for my 6 year old that he bought in Legoland Florida, thats gone on display with the Poe Dameron X wing the older lad bought and the Darth Maul Invader ship and the Millenium Falcon the eldest bought last year when we took him to LegoLand Windsor for his 8th Birthday.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #98 on: June 19, 2017, 01:44:43 pm »
My lad is 9 on Saturday and wanted the Indominous Rex breakout for his birthday, but its retired now, so can't get it. I will be showing him that Saturn V rocket and see if he wants it instead (cos I bloody well do).

just built a first order Tie fighter for my 6 year old that he bought in Legoland Florida, thats gone on display with the Poe Dameron X wing the older lad bought and the Darth Maul Invader ship and the Millenium Falcon the eldest bought last year when we took him to LegoLand Windsor for his 8th Birthday.
:thumbsup

I saw the first gen Millennium Falcon that was over 5,000 pieces on e-bay for about £500.  I wished i'd have bought it now.  This was back in 2008/9.

Buy used on eBay £3,500

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Toys-Games/LEGO-10179-ULTIMATE-COLLECTORS-MILLENNIUM-FALCON/B0017V21EY

So it might not matter

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: June 19, 2017, 03:37:27 pm »
Ziltoid, can you edit the title to LEGO? ;D

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: June 19, 2017, 04:16:25 pm »
Things like the Saturn V set will always increase in price after they retire, just because its a massive set, of an iconic looking thing, and is pricey enough that a lot of people will pass on it.

But yeah, Lego is there to be built and displayed. I say that as someone with I think 8 sets that are still sat in their boxes waiting to be built ;D.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #101 on: June 19, 2017, 04:21:28 pm »
:wellin :wellin :wellin

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: June 19, 2017, 04:40:35 pm »

Where did you get it from, its showing out of stock where I've looked.?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #103 on: June 19, 2017, 05:02:35 pm »

Ziltoid, can you edit the title to LEGO? ;D

To be fair i dont think I did the title as Legos, think a mod might have changed it. However, either way,  if its really getting on your tits then no, fuck off.   ;)

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #104 on: June 19, 2017, 05:05:00 pm »
Things like the Saturn V set will always increase in price after they retire, just because its a massive set, of an iconic looking thing, and is pricey enough that a lot of people will pass on it.

But yeah, Lego is there to be built and displayed. I say that as someone with I think 8 sets that are still sat in their boxes waiting to be built ;D.

£50 for the lot. Ill pay postage.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: June 19, 2017, 05:05:57 pm »

To be fair i dont think I did the title as Legos, think a mod might have changed it. However, either way,  if its really getting on your tits then no, fuck off.   ;)
You utter bastard!

But better than titi camera  :wanker
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 05:07:54 pm by diarrhea »

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #106 on: June 19, 2017, 05:06:24 pm »
Fuck me someone change that thread title back to Lego before my head explodes.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 05:12:59 pm by jeopardise »
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: June 19, 2017, 05:11:24 pm »
Where did you get it from, its showing out of stock where I've looked.?

Liverpool One Lego store today believe it or not.  :o  I went in thinking I'd have to order it special but they had loads on the shelves.  John Lewis might have it as well.  I got Benny's Spaceship out of there because it was £6 cheaper than in the Lego store.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #108 on: June 19, 2017, 05:14:29 pm »
Fuck me someone change that thread title back to Lego before my head explodes.

Better?

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #109 on: June 19, 2017, 05:54:55 pm »
Only just.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: June 19, 2017, 06:06:46 pm »
I would never buy LEGO as an investment.  Some of the other shit out there that MIGHT be worth a fortune, yes. But LEGO - it's there to be built.  Build and stick in a glass cabinet.  I'd love to buy a cabinet and put in my LEGO display - not a lot i admit but until the kids have flown the coop then not much point

Well I never bought it as an investment either.  I wanna play with it.  ;D

If people will pay stupid money for it regardless of whether it's opened or not then that's okay by me - just as long as I get to build it!

Popcorn's Art

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: June 19, 2017, 07:34:57 pm »
Liverpool One Lego store today believe it or not.  :o  I went in thinking I'd have to order it special but they had loads on the shelves.  John Lewis might have it as well.  I got Benny's Spaceship out of there because it was £6 cheaper than in the Lego store.

I'll have to try the one in the Trafford Centre. Got home from work, showed him it, he said he deffo wants it.

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: June 19, 2017, 07:36:11 pm »
Well I never bought it as an investment either.  I wanna play with it.  ;D

If people will pay stupid money for it regardless of whether it's opened or not then that's okay by me - just as long as I get to build it!

Obviously in a sealed box would fetch more, but yeah even if youve built it, if its a cool set that people want, theyll still pay over what you got it for in a few years time.

I got the Tower of Orthanc from Lord of the Rings, and ended up paying about £60 over what it retailed at, and it had only been retired about 6 months. Even built and dismantled ones were fetching £20-£30 over RRP, probably more now, just because its a big, cool looking set that you likely wont ever see again.

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #113 on: June 19, 2017, 08:27:07 pm »
My lads got around £1,000 worth of Lego bought for/by him over past 6 years or so, he's lost interest and with his approval we are going to sell. Problem is all pieces are now in one large box , although we still have all the manuals for the various sets ranging from the £80+ bracket to the small £10 stuff, ( mostly Star Wars, and Sci Fi stuff)

Before I start trawelling through ebay etc is there a market for this lot i.e all in one box ( bar maybe few tiny parts everything is in there and some sets are made up)

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: June 19, 2017, 08:31:08 pm »
My lads got around £1,000 worth of Lego bought for/by him over past 6 years or so, he's lost interest and with his approval we are going to sell. Problem is all pieces are now in one large box , although we still have all the manuals for the various sets ranging from the £80+ bracket to the small £10 stuff, ( mostly Star Wars, and Sci Fi stuff)

Before I start trawelling through ebay etc is there a market for this lot i.e all in one box ( bar maybe few tiny parts everything is in there and some sets are made up)

People will buy bulk lots of lego, especially if they know which sets are in it, but I think money wise its hard to say how much you'd get for it. Depends on what sets are in there, how much Lego there is etc, but maybe have a look around on ebay or Gumtree and see what theyre going for locally, as you probably wont be able to post it.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: June 19, 2017, 08:32:31 pm »
Also, my wife loves the Chrysler Building.  We went into the LEGO store in Leeds.  Fuck me , it's the worst pile of shit I've seen.  If you're going to do an iconic building at least make it worthwhile.  To be fair i think it was a 3-piece set with the Empire State and another, but FFS sort out the top of the building art deco style - that's what makes it iconic.

Do they do the Petronas Towers Zilt?

I'm just back from Kuala Lumpar and I'm in awe of those bad boys.

I'd seriously have a go at building them if Lego did it.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #116 on: June 19, 2017, 08:36:20 pm »
People will buy bulk lots of lego, especially if they know which sets are in it, but I think money wise its hard to say how much you'd get for it. Depends on what sets are in there, how much Lego there is etc, but maybe have a look around on ebay or Gumtree and see what theyre going for locally, as you probably wont be able to post it.

Cheers ,Im not looking to make loads of money just a appropiate amount I was thinking £450/500..or is that too high?

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: June 19, 2017, 08:37:13 pm »
Do they do the Petronas Towers Zilt?

I'm just back from Kuala Lumpar and I'm in awe of those bad boys.

I'd seriously have a go at building them if Lego did it.

Edit: Eh,. sorry mate, not real.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 08:41:13 pm by diarrhea »

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #118 on: June 19, 2017, 08:39:40 pm »
No idea, the one we saw was 3 nyc buildings, make sure you get one at least 1500 pieces though or im sure they wont do it justice.

Id love them to have a go at the Colosseum (the one in Rome, not the recently deceased Halifax nightclub)

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: June 19, 2017, 08:39:45 pm »
Cheers ,Im not looking to make loads of money just a appropiate amount I was thinking £450/500..or is that too high?

Honestly no idea without looking at it, but I think its maybe too high given its a jumbled box and you cant guarantee every part is there for whatever sets etc.