Author Topic: Adele  (Read 11587 times)

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Adele
« Reply #120 on: September 5, 2011, 10:14:42 am »
Unfortunetly, thats men for you. And your in a predominantly male enviroment, so you'll have to up with it

It's some men, some men are actually capable of looking at a woman as a human being rather than an object for their sexual desire.

In fact most of the fellas on this thread were discussing Adele's song-writing ability before a couple of idiots decided they had to make a comment about her weight or hair colour. Newsflash guys, she's not there to turn you on, she's a singer not a prostitute.
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline Red Squiggle

• Legacy Fan
  • Raaaaaaaafaaaaaaa in Iiiiiiiiistanbuuuuuuuuul
    • Venus in Faux Official Webpage
« Reply #121 on: September 5, 2011, 10:24:24 am »
Not a massive fan of hers, sure, she's got a decent amount of power in her singing voice and can pen a decent pop song but there's nothing really exciting about her music for me, although I did love "Set Fire To The Rain" when I first heard it, monumental chorus that.

Here's an amusing free download remix/mash-up of that very song with Skrillex's "Kill Everybody". I think it's quite funny. Koplass may not (although I do agree with her sentiment on gratification and all that).

http://www.themusicninja.com/dubstepconspiracy-theory-adele-vs-skrillex-set-fire-to-everybody-ca7s-mashup/

Offline And Could He Play

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: September 5, 2011, 06:33:06 pm »
In what way does that point relate to my post? I'm saying she's a bit shit as an artist, I'm not saying anything about her weight or appearance.

yup, didnt mean to quote you.
www. ... .com      RAWK Clique Leader
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

Offline Borninbethlehem

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: October 11, 2011, 07:02:38 am »
I tried to download the Adele app on my IPhone, but it wouldn't fit.....

Ok ok, enough of the bad jokes. She has amazing talent and her album 21 is a work of art. If you're dealing with a break up, or lusting after someone, there is no better album to listen to.

Offline NatD

• Takes offence at authors and people who eat in restaurants.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: October 11, 2011, 09:47:38 am »
The Adele / Egg / Cake joke still makes me Bubble!!!!
"...waking up at 12 in my clothes again, feel my head explode from a night of Gin..."

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: October 30, 2011, 10:15:35 pm »
All over Twitter so could be bullshit. Actually going to delete my post until its confirmed.

Sorry Mods.

Offline Frank.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #126 on: October 30, 2011, 10:24:20 pm »
She had surgery on her throat due to a vocal chord haemorrhage, she's expected to make a full recovery within a month or so and now morons on twitter are claiming she has throat cancer.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #127 on: October 31, 2011, 05:44:00 am »
She is a bloody good singer with an excellent range...hope she comes out with more hits..her music is a bit of a nice change from 90% of the crap you hear on the radio these days..

This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline flemingcool

• Anny Roader
« Reply #128 on: October 31, 2011, 06:01:40 am »
Talented and can sing.  Should shut the fuck up and pay her taxes though.

This.

Offline wz4jc3

• Legacy Fan
  • 'You'll Never Walk Alone.'
    • Teach Maths
« Reply #129 on: October 31, 2011, 09:37:03 pm »
Gutted she won't be rescheduling the cancelled gigs for next year. Oh well, I hope she makes a full recovery soon.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #130 on: October 31, 2011, 10:10:43 pm »
I don't like her as a person, well I don't think I would she comes over a bit of a tit on interviews, but that is just me. Her voice is incredible though and she's amazing live, so hope she gets well soon.

hoonin

« Reply #131 on: October 31, 2011, 10:20:50 pm »
No i dont think so.  I'll stand by my comparison, and I hate Peter Kay as well, he's another fat unfunny bastard

You'd be better off not posting your moronic and misogynistic thoughts on here. They're not wanted or needed.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: October 31, 2011, 10:21:04 pm »
Good, but Amy Winehouse was much better.

hoonin

« Reply #133 on: October 31, 2011, 10:26:06 pm »
Misogynistic = someone who hates women.  Just cos I said she's fat (fact) and looks like Peter Kay (debatable) doesn't mean I hate women!!!!

OK, let me rephrase this...

You're a moron.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #134 on: June 20, 2012, 11:18:44 pm »
Got to say I love her album 21, some real classy songs on it. She's a very talented performer, would love to see her live. Hometown Glory though is still my overall favourite though.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #135 on: June 20, 2012, 11:23:30 pm »
21 is a thoroughly enjoyable album.

'Someone Like You' still brings tears to my eyes. Had someone like Bob Dylan written it, it'd be considered one of the greatest ever.

Offline And Could He Play

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: June 20, 2012, 11:24:48 pm »
21 is a thoroughly enjoyable album.

'Someone Like You' still brings tears to my eyes. Had someone like Bob Dylan written it, it'd be considered one of the greatest ever.

Yeah.

Great song., absolutely agreed. I like turning Tables.
www. ... .com      RAWK Clique Leader
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #137 on: June 21, 2012, 09:12:20 pm »
Yeah.

Great song., absolutely agreed. I like turning Tables.

I agree with you about Turning Tables, One and Only is a great number too.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Jimmy10Men

• Legacy Fan
  • California......Here we come!
« Reply #138 on: June 22, 2012, 01:01:29 pm »
It's all about 'Don't You Remember'.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: June 22, 2012, 01:59:54 pm »
One and Only is probably my favourite.

Offline lauz

• Looking for a talented pastie smasher. Apply within.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: June 22, 2012, 07:29:31 pm »
at the minute I like 'Rumour has it'

Offline No Appreciation of Liverpool Opposition

• Won't get out of bed for Palace. Gimme an N! Gimme a U! Gimme an M! (yet still needs it spelt out!)
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
    • My blog
« Reply #141 on: June 22, 2012, 07:35:11 pm »
at the minute I like 'Rumour has it'
You're a bit late to the party :P
I fell in love with football as I would later fall in love with women: suddenly, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain it would bring

Gaston Ramirez.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: October 15, 2021, 09:36:19 am »
Back with a new single. Don't think the video is good.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #143 on: October 15, 2021, 10:03:43 am »
Back with a new single. Don't think the video is good.

Don't think the song is particularly good, either
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #144 on: October 15, 2021, 10:29:20 am »

Don't think the song is particularly good, either
Yeah the song is shite. I'm not an Adele fan but she's done some very good ballads in the past and has a great voice.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: October 15, 2021, 12:50:05 pm »
Never knowingly listened to her, but have met her Mum, who's a right hippy.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #146 on: October 15, 2021, 01:08:05 pm »
Saw her in the mid-2000s, supporting Tilly and the Wall (an indiepop band who had a tap dancer instead of a drummer).  She played a short acoustic set, just sat down with her guitar, and while it was clear she had talent and her voice was great, it wasn't obvious that she'd go on to be an absolute superstar.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: October 15, 2021, 01:21:40 pm »
Tilly and the Wall. Haven't heard of them for years.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #148 on: October 15, 2021, 02:51:34 pm »
Saw her in the mid-2000s, supporting Tilly and the Wall (an indiepop band who had a tap dancer instead of a drummer).  She played a short acoustic set, just sat down with her guitar, and while it was clear she had talent and her voice was great, it wasn't obvious that she'd go on to be an absolute superstar.
Were you an extra in the Mighty Boosh?  ;D
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #149 on: October 15, 2021, 02:59:21 pm »
Have to say I just don’t know her stuff or how good or great it is but I do like her version of Dylan’s Make you feel my love and by any standards I think Someone Like You is a special song

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: January 14, 2022, 10:48:37 am »
Lover or hate her, but there's sone seriously good shade being thrown in this with regards to calls to have her with backing dancers in her video clips.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/niG3YMU6jFk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/niG3YMU6jFk</a>
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.