Author Topic: The small things in life that really hannoy  (Read 2549998 times)

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Re: The small things in life that really hannoy.
« Reply #32720 on: November 15, 2021, 06:05:27 pm »
My walls are so thin that I genuinely look at my phone when the neighbour's vibrates. Oddly though, they had a baby for practically a full year before I even saw / heard / knew she existed - do they keep her in a secret soundproof bunker or something?

Their surname isn't Fritzl, is it?

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32721 on: November 15, 2021, 06:31:31 pm »
Their surname isn't Fritzl, is it?

lol. First thing that came into me head.

We're going to hell :)

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #32722 on: November 15, 2021, 06:42:14 pm »
lol. First thing that came into me head.

We're going to hell :)

Me three.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32723 on: November 15, 2021, 07:18:10 pm »
Just driving down the dual carriageway and almost crashed into some wanker in a woolly hat carrying a bag of shopping from his local mini mart singing Goldfinger at the top of his voice.

I'm still waiting for the punchline
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #32724 on: November 15, 2021, 07:28:25 pm »
I'm still waiting for the punchline

Just had to drop my car off at the garage for major repairs. Up at 5, had 3 hours sleep. The motorway was shut so I couldnt get picked up. Just been striding along the dual carriageway like Alan Partridge. Am sweating like fuck but had to wear a woolly hat as all my hair fell out years ago. Now I get to do a 12 hour day like a navvy. Isnt life a bowl of cherries?

A bit niche!

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32725 on: November 16, 2021, 09:32:18 am »
Next door are actually paying someone to put Christmas lights up on their house, the fucking lazy bastards. No wonder the pair of them are getting fatter and fatter, they do fuck all except walk the kid to school at a snails pace, they get their shopping delivered, pay to get their ironing done, get fat fuck takeaways delivered.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #32726 on: November 16, 2021, 09:33:27 am »
Next door are actually paying someone to put Christmas lights up on their house, the fucking lazy bastards. No wonder the pair of them are getting fatter and fatter, they do fuck all except walk the kid to school at a snails pace, they get their shopping delivered, pay to get their ironing done, get fat fuck takeaways delivered.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32727 on: November 16, 2021, 10:36:18 am »

:lmao

My "office" is the front room downstairs and so I see all the vans pulling up.

I'd much rather look at the two who live opposite us anyway ;)

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #32728 on: November 16, 2021, 10:40:21 am »

A bit niche!

Hands up! Gimme all your petrol!

I think that every time I walk into a petrol station.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32729 on: November 16, 2021, 12:06:28 pm »
:lmao

My "office" is the front room downstairs and so I see all the vans pulling up.

I'd much rather look at the two who live opposite us anyway ;)

Offline Zeppelin

• Funds hate.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hammer of the Gods
« Reply #32730 on: November 16, 2021, 03:39:08 pm »
People who say 'decimate' when something has been completely destroyed. To decimate something is to destroy one in ten, so it would still be 90% surviving.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #32731 on: November 16, 2021, 03:43:36 pm »
Annoying pricks at work. Was finishing off a project today, that should have been my side of it done. Instead ‘stakeholders’ (hate that word) have said we need to change what we’re doing which will basically mean starting again and delaying things by a month putting deadlines that can’t be moved at risk. And then they just drop that grenade and bugger off expecting me to sort it.

And the changes are needed because of something they could have spotted at any point in the last few weeks, but they’ve mentioned it today.

So I’ll moan in here before thinking how to do it!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 03:45:19 pm by BIG DICK NICK »

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #32732 on: November 16, 2021, 03:54:09 pm »
People who say 'decimate' when something has been completely destroyed. To decimate something is to destroy one in ten, so it would still be 90% surviving.

The meaning / usage has changed since it was used in that way. Currently it does mean "wiped out completely".

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32733 on: November 16, 2021, 04:13:08 pm »

Well I never, I always thought it meant kill 9 out of 10. Reduce an army to a tenth of its previous size.

It's nowhere near as devastating sounding now  ;D

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #32734 on: November 16, 2021, 04:50:32 pm »
Well I never, I always thought it meant kill 9 out of 10. Reduce an army to a tenth of its previous size.

The other nine bludgeoned the tenth, meant to knock them back into line.

One killing nine might have been... problematic.

As well as a significant resource reduction... :D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #32735 on: November 16, 2021, 04:50:44 pm »

So if a side have a man sent off and then lose a player to injury they can say they’ve been decimated?

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32736 on: November 16, 2021, 04:56:05 pm »
So if a side have a man sent off and then lose a player to injury they can say they’ve been decimated?

Think that would be strangely enough "undecimated". Eleven in latin is Undecim so killing one in eleven would be Undecimated if I've got this right.

EDIT: not sure what 2 in 11 is.  ;D
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 05:05:17 pm by Just Elmo? »

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32737 on: November 16, 2021, 05:02:58 pm »
25mph in a 20 zone = Points and a Fine
30mph in a 50 zone = Acceptable, no questions asked, go about your day

Conscious that my posts in this whinging thread make me seem like a miserable yet chaotic driver. I may be miserable, but I just wanna be able to drive at the speed limit.

Offline Jono69

• Legacy Fan
  • You make pigs smoke!
« Reply #32738 on: November 16, 2021, 05:11:17 pm »
25mph in a 20 zone = Points and a Fine
30mph in a 50 zone = Acceptable, no questions asked, go about your day

Conscious that my posts in this whinging thread make me seem like a miserable yet chaotic driver. I may be miserable, but I just wanna be able to drive at the speed limit.

No one is stopping you  ;)
If you see a lovely field with a family having a picnic, and a nice pond in it, you fill in the pond with concrete, you plow the family into the soil, you blow up the tree, and use the leaves to make a dress for your wife who is also your brother.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32739 on: November 16, 2021, 05:18:11 pm »
No one is stopping you  ;)

Except the knobend doing 30 in a 50 ;)

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32740 on: November 16, 2021, 06:15:32 pm »
The other nine bludgeoned the tenth, meant to knock them back into line.

One killing nine might have been... problematic.

As well as a significant resource reduction... :D

See now there's another thing I just learned, I thought you'd decimate someone else's army not your own. Although that makes sense now

What a day this is, it's like I've been reborn

Offline Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32741 on: November 17, 2021, 03:34:07 am »
The galvanisers gave a cut off date for pre-christmas orders, Friday 26 November.
They emailed me yesterday to bring it forward to Friday 19th which means I have to try and get it all done in 3 days instead of 10, then 2 employees call in sick this morning which means it isn't going to happen.
I now have the fun job of telling numerous customers that their jobs won't be ready prior to the christmas shut down  >:(

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #32742 on: November 17, 2021, 01:07:28 pm »

I had a forum tiff (not this forum) with someone (a 'moderate' Tory, FWIW) who took issue and told me, back around 2015/16, that funding for Local Authorities had been 'decimated' by the Tory Government.

He was insisting I was wrong and exaggerating, and that it was nothing like that bad.

I literally showed him the official figures that detailed how LA funding had been slashed by actually over 10% and the c*nt still wouldn't have it, claiming that 'decimated' might once have meant losing one in ten, but nowadays it means generally devastated or destroyed.

The fucker just wouldn't have it that he was wrong.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #32743 on: November 17, 2021, 01:10:24 pm »
Kitchen fitters started today. They've managed to trip the electrics 3 times in the space of a few hours whilst I'm trying to do work on the computer  :no

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #32744 on: November 17, 2021, 01:14:03 pm »
Kitchen fitters started today. They've managed to trip the electrics 3 times in the space of a few hours whilst I'm trying to do work on the computer  :no

How about the light fantastic?

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #32745 on: November 17, 2021, 01:16:15 pm »
How about the light fantastic?

I laughed a lot more than I should have...

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #32746 on: November 18, 2021, 12:04:11 pm »
Podcasts where the adverts cut in in the middle of a sentence.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #32747 on: November 18, 2021, 12:06:15 pm »
People walking at you.

I'm not the smallest lad, but random people - male, female, old, young seem to walk at you and I have to move out of the way

I'm entertaining the idea of just keeping walking some day. Good luck knocking me out of the way you inbred fuckwits and when you're on the floor it'll be you cryarsing.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32748 on: November 18, 2021, 12:50:58 pm »
People walking at you.

I'm not the smallest lad, but random people - male, female, old, young seem to walk at you and I have to move out of the way

I'm entertaining the idea of just keeping walking some day. Good luck knocking me out of the way you inbred fuckwits and when you're on the floor it'll be you cryarsing.

Andy from now on..

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/1lyu1KKwC74" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/1lyu1KKwC74</a>
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #32749 on: November 18, 2021, 01:31:39 pm »
Andy from now on..

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/1lyu1KKwC74" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/1lyu1KKwC74</a>
And, of course, Mrs Andy will be Shara Nelson in the Unfinished Sympathy video.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32750 on: November 18, 2021, 04:42:15 pm »
No matter what you get from AMAZON you are left with half a ton of cardboard to dispose of.

Offline Jono69

• Legacy Fan
  • You make pigs smoke!
« Reply #32751 on: November 18, 2021, 04:45:30 pm »
No matter what you get from AMAZON you are left with half a ton of cardboard to dispose of.

Unless you sell on ebay then it's handy  ;)
If you see a lovely field with a family having a picnic, and a nice pond in it, you fill in the pond with concrete, you plow the family into the soil, you blow up the tree, and use the leaves to make a dress for your wife who is also your brother.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32752 on: November 18, 2021, 04:48:58 pm »
Unless you sell on ebay then it's handy  ;)
A'hhh ok, thanks for that Jono.

I've not used ebay before to either buy or sell.

How much do a load of empty cardboard boxes go for?   :)

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #32753 on: November 18, 2021, 04:52:10 pm »

Man United paid up to £80m for one a while back.

Offline Jono69

• Legacy Fan
  • You make pigs smoke!
« Reply #32754 on: November 18, 2021, 05:41:46 pm »

Might be worth letting me know what you have and then i can list them for sale

Once they sell i will let you know the buyers details and you can send them out

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #32755 on: November 18, 2021, 05:46:59 pm »
Simple solution, just order a load of cardboard.
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32756 on: November 18, 2021, 06:24:41 pm »
Podcasts where the adverts cut in in the middle of a sentence.

that kind of thing really makes me very ang.

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #32757 on: November 18, 2021, 06:28:51 pm »
Man United paid up to £80m for one a while back.

:D

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32758 on: November 19, 2021, 12:56:56 pm »
Next door neighbours never coming to collect their parcels, yet I always have to go over to collect mine. Didn't realise I was living next to her Majesty the Queen.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32759 on: November 19, 2021, 01:13:42 pm »
On Rawk, something about the board names in the flagpole corner has changed, and now all the links are in a different place on my screen, and I keep clicking the wrong ones.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly