Author Topic: The Aussie Thread  (Read 330936 times)

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
Re: The Aussie Thread
« Reply #4480 on: March 3, 2022, 06:14:13 am »
JFT 96

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #4481 on: March 14, 2022, 12:30:41 am »
What a week this has been, 1.5m of rain in 6 days, flooded in, no electricity for 4 days. A once in 100yr event only eleven years after the last one...
I'm one of the lucky ones tho', we live on top of a hill so we didn't suffer any flood damage, thousands are well and truly fucked. A couple of my employees have lost everything.

We came over to Surfers the week prior. The weather wasn't great then either by any stretch, but looks like we just missed this.

Hope you're all good, mate. Really feel for those people impacted.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #4482 on: March 28, 2022, 05:20:52 pm »
Still fucking raining.....only had 12 days in the last 60 where it hasnt rained.
JFT 96

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4483 on: March 29, 2022, 12:52:52 am »
Still fucking raining.....only had 12 days in the last 60 where it hasnt rained.

I am so fucking sick of the rain!
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4484 on: March 29, 2022, 10:44:35 am »

“I love a sunburnt country, a land of sweeping plains, of rugged mountain ranges, of droughts and flooding rains.."

Dorothea MacKellar got this place in one.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline leroy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4485 on: May 3, 2022, 01:44:13 pm »
Any of you immigrant types voting for the first time around this year?

Offline leroy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4486 on: May 22, 2022, 03:06:37 am »
Well today feels a little better than yesterday.  Happy End of Morrison day everyone!

Set up for the perfect weekend now if city drop points tonight.

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #4487 on: June 23, 2022, 06:53:28 am »
Brisbane winters - Love them!
G'Day Lid - Official Scouse rep of the OCB Down Under.

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #4488 on: June 26, 2022, 08:58:55 am »
Brisbane winters - Love them!
was in Towoomba for a week, meeting  up with the son and the grandkids...stopped at Glen Innes on the way home, was -8 .. Fkin freezing days where nice tho
JFT 96

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #4489 on: July 3, 2022, 07:17:21 am »
ANNNNDDDDDDDDDDD  its back..

Update to mention the latest warning from the BoM (http://www.bom.gov.au/.../nepean-hawkesburyrivers.shtml) which is now predicting river levels possibly exceeding all three of the recent floods (March 2021, March 2022, April 2022) [at North Richmond at least]! This warning revises possible peaks up to 15.0m and 13.3m at North Richmond and Windsor respectively as well upgrading flooding predictions downstream to Major levels.
JFT 96

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4490 on: July 3, 2022, 07:33:07 am »
ANNNNDDDDDDDDDDD  its back..

Update to mention the latest warning from the BoM (http://www.bom.gov.au/.../nepean-hawkesburyrivers.shtml) which is now predicting river levels possibly exceeding all three of the recent floods (March 2021, March 2022, April 2022) [at North Richmond at least]! This warning revises possible peaks up to 15.0m and 13.3m at North Richmond and Windsor respectively as well upgrading flooding predictions downstream to Major levels.

We can now push the next big one out to the year 3522.

https://www.betootaadvocate.com/advocate-in-focus/barnaby-says-lismore-getting-second-once-in-500-year-flood-this-month-means-no-more-floods-until-3022/
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #4491 on: July 3, 2022, 12:27:57 pm »
We can now push the next big one out to the year 3522.

https://www.betootaadvocate.com/advocate-in-focus/barnaby-says-lismore-getting-second-once-in-500-year-flood-this-month-means-no-more-floods-until-3022/
:lmao
Who would trust a thing that 2 faced prick says.. tell you what, it should be mandatory that, if you have a affair for any length of time, you should be forced to quit politics.. and before anyone gets all "oh its their life, let them live it" im talking about a trust thing, if you have the want/ability to stand and tell repeated bareface lies to a partner you where supposed to spend your life with,that doesnt give the community much hope for them acting in the best interests of the public

Edit::Just read it and realised its satirical.. fuck it my point stands
« Last Edit: July 3, 2022, 12:32:06 pm by capt k »
JFT 96

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4492 on: July 3, 2022, 12:44:47 pm »
:lmao
Who would trust a thing that 2 faced prick says.. tell you what, it should be mandatory that, if you have a affair for any length of time, you should be forced to quit politics.. and before anyone gets all "oh its their life, let them live it" im talking about a trust thing, if you have the want/ability to stand and tell repeated bareface lies to a partner you where supposed to spend your life with,that doesnt give the community much hope for them acting in the best interests of the public

Edit::Just read it and realised its satirical.. fuck it my point stands

Like most satirical news shows like Last Week Tonight or Full Frontal it's best to learn about what's actually said and done with a tongue firmly planted in one's cheek.

The Betoota Advocate is by far Australia's most informative news vehicle.