Author Topic: Henry Cites Ticket Price Protest as Impediment to Further Expanxion  (Read 5926 times)

Offline whiteboots

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
"I don't know if there is a next step because ticket prices are an issue in England. That may foreclose further expansion. We'll have to see," Henry told AP at Yankee Stadium."

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-owner-john-henry-suggests-11953739

A pretty depressing assessment of FSG's intentions towards rebuilding a stadium fit for our support, rather than their short term profits.

With the game awash with cash as never before, whether you are BFS, or FSG, everyone seems to want more, at the fans' expense.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
Re: Henry Cites Ticket Price Protest as Impediment to Further Expanxion
« Reply #2 on: October 1, 2016, 08:18:20 pm »
As all the other threads are closed I'll have to say this here. I was always under the impression that the point in building the main stand first is so that it would eventually pay its way and then pay for the anny road expansion so more working class fans can get in.  Don't get why the anny road is seen as a separate entity on that front unless all we want to cater for is the elite.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
Re: Henry Cites Ticket Price Protest as Impediment to Further Expanxion
« Reply #3 on: October 1, 2016, 08:26:17 pm »
The source for all of this is an AP report based on questions asked at the New York Yankees vs Red Sox game a few days ago.

There is no 'statement' - the three short comments are clearly responses to questions asked by the reporter (Ronald Blum I assume from the credit at the end). Here is the full text of the actual quotes in the AP report:

Response to a question about further expansion: "I don't know if there is a next step because ticket prices are an issue in England," Henry said. "That may foreclose further expansion. We'll have to see."

To a question about Klopp: "He was a perfect fit for Liverpool, for the culture of the club, for the supporters, for the kind of team that we were trying to build," Henry said. "We couldn't have asked for a better fit."

To a question about the changes to the Champions League Market Pool: Henry said he was aware of other teams in England "obviously not happy with the UEFA deal."

"The changes weren't really discussed with us, they were implemented essentially. They unilaterally made changes to the market pool and there should have been I think more discussion. But I can tell you that the (Premier League) owners were not happy ... at least among the clubs that I speak with."

That's it - twenty-five non-committal words about further expansion and everyone's up on their hobby horses and grabbing their pitchforks.

If there's more to this than the original AP article, which has been quoted verbatim (including Rob Harris's spin on the protests) by most outlets then maybe it would be worth getting our knickers in a twist. Otherwise, as Henry says, why not wait and see?

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/c4812ca65e6644429cecadad10a6c364/liverpool-reassesses-further-anfield-expansion-after

Because the media have never spun anything to generate a story have they?