Author Topic: The Anfield Wrap  (Read 3301631 times)

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Anfield Wrap
« Reply #21280 on: June 4, 2019, 04:23:20 pm »
I'm not sure there was anywhere in Liverpool that they could have filmed a post match pint. Unless they had the office keys, and who'd want to leave that party?

My reaction was pretty similar to Neil's, don't blame him either.
Given the emotional and physical impact of being at the game, I think the offering was in the spirit of the occasion. It’s not as if they failed to capture the mood.

Both of those are obviously correct and not something I really thought about at the time, mainly as I was still drunk.

Not like it matters. The whole channel has been an excellent listen all season and great for someone like me who used to go everywhere but doesn’t get to too many matches now. As most of us tend to, I get into a routine of watching the matches and a big part of that has been tuning into the Wrap semi-pissed following what’s almost always been another win, and on the rare occasions we haven’t won it’s been therapeutic.

For anyone on the channel that reads this I think all the shows that have been introduced like the second-look etc are all brilliant especially when it’s been a good game or a big win (I’ll be honest the second look for our home win to Cardiff probably wasn’t a highlight for me. ;D) The only one I’ve tried to get into and can’t is the new stats one but that’s because I’ve just never been into that stuff, I’m sure plenty of others are.

I’ll be upgrading to the full subscription when it comes in but again a thank you for keeping it at the agreed price until the season finished which was a nice touch.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #21281 on: June 4, 2019, 05:14:38 pm »
Gareth Roberts was central to what helped TAW become what it is. He seems far more peripheral these days. He does some video and some audio but he’s missed as a regular. I know he does additional stuff away from TAW but wish we could have more of him.

Deffo...if you could relate to one presenter more than the others he'd be my choice. 'Up the fuckin Reds' mate!
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #21282 on: June 4, 2019, 05:26:16 pm »
I love how every new show now seems to be prefixed with the title “Champions of Europe”  :D

Don't know what you're on about.

Just enjoying a champions of Europe piece of chewing gum

Also, strap yourselves in if you've not listened to the end of season review with Adam Smith. Really got me.
« Last Edit: June 4, 2019, 06:12:20 pm by red_Mark1980 »

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #21283 on: June 4, 2019, 08:14:13 pm »
Adam's monologue on the Season Review is phenomenal and emotional, as was the entire show.

Wellin lads.
:D

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21284 on: June 4, 2019, 08:15:06 pm »
Crazy the number of shows out since Saturday night
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #21285 on: June 4, 2019, 10:09:19 pm »
Can't remember who it was (Paul Senior maybe) who said on one of the recent shows about Mane deliberately kicking the ball at Sissoko's arm, but when I watched the game back that was my first thought too, and I also immediately thought of Suarez and the way he used to do the same thing.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21286 on: June 4, 2019, 10:10:54 pm »
Can't remember who it was (Paul Senior maybe) who said on one of the recent shows about Mane deliberately kicking the ball at Sissoko's arm, but when I watched the game back that was my first thought too, and I also immediately thought of Suarez and the way he used to do the same thing.

Of course it was deliberate.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21287 on: June 4, 2019, 10:13:16 pm »
Gareth Roberts was central to what helped TAW become what it is. He seems far more peripheral these days. He does some video and some audio but he’s missed as a regular. I know he does additional stuff away from TAW but wish we could have more of him.

Yeah him and Paul Cope. Quite like Dan Morgan and that Damien Kavanaugh who often does the post-match pint with him as well.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21288 on: June 5, 2019, 07:28:36 am »
Some great chat from Neil on Second Captains recorded on the streets of Madrid at 3am or so, think it had a big influence on Ken Early’s piece on Monday. Despite the sound quality Neil’s chats on Monday were fucking phenomenal. Given me an even better appreciation of the achievement.

The Review show of the match was very interesting until the last ten minutes when it turned into complete and utters nonsense.

I’ll be glued to it all fucking summer long!!!

Great fucking stuff altogether tho.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #21289 on: June 5, 2019, 07:30:48 am »
Yeah him and Paul Cope. Quite like Dan Morgan and that Damien Kavanaugh who often does the post-match pint with him as well.
Damien Kavanagh is brilliant. Knows the history of the club inside out.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21290 on: June 5, 2019, 03:14:11 pm »
Damien Kavanagh is brilliant. Knows the history of the club inside out.
Echo the comment on Damian, really enjoy listening to him. A great old school red, knowledgeable and fair, doesn't over react.

Popped in here to wish all the best to Adam though. I've been an emotional wreck since Saturday, but listening to him nearly set me off again.
All the best mate if you see this and I hope nothing ever stops you watching the reds.

Offline Stevie2810

• Main Stander
« Reply #21291 on: June 5, 2019, 03:18:01 pm »
Fucking love these lads, the content has been excellent over the past few days. The value for money is ridiculous. An absolute no brainer for any Liverpool fan.

Offline 1964allezallezallez

• Main Stander
« Reply #21292 on: June 5, 2019, 04:55:53 pm »
Some great chat from Neil on Second Captains recorded on the streets of Madrid at 3am or so, think it had a big influence on Ken Early’s piece on Monday. Despite the sound quality Neil’s chats on Monday were fucking phenomenal. Given me an even better appreciation of the achievement.

The Review show of the match was very interesting until the last ten minutes when it turned into complete and utters nonsense.

I’ll be glued to it all fucking summer long!!!

Great fucking stuff altogether tho.

Have you got a link to this as I can’t find it on the App ?

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #21293 on: June 5, 2019, 05:09:41 pm »
Have you got a link to this as I can’t find it on the App ?

It's on the Second Captains feed. About an hour in.
https://soundcloud.com/secondcaptains/ep-1483-liverpool-win-the-champions-league-03062019
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21294 on: June 5, 2019, 05:33:06 pm »
It's on the Second Captains feed. About an hour in.
https://soundcloud.com/secondcaptains/ep-1483-liverpool-win-the-champions-league-03062019

Exactly 63 mins in. Brilliant from Neil as always.

Offline 1964allezallezallez

• Main Stander
« Reply #21295 on: June 5, 2019, 05:57:49 pm »
Thanks 👍🏻

Offline Stevie2810

• Main Stander
« Reply #21296 on: June 5, 2019, 06:32:17 pm »
Will the transfer committee breakdown by player etc be made available?

Wouldn’t mind having a go at it this year.

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #21297 on: June 5, 2019, 10:16:53 pm »
That video of the players after party, was that shot by lizzy? Doesn’t half sound like her, apologies if this has been covered already, I’ve been in a daze since the weekend!

This one https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-champions-league-final-afterparty-16382911
« Last Edit: June 5, 2019, 10:29:09 pm by TomDcs »

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #21298 on: June 5, 2019, 10:23:52 pm »
Is anyone else having trouble with Podcasts you've downloaded for listening offline crashing the app and then logging you out? I got 2 minutes in to the Road to Madrid one before it happened as well as with one of the others I was listening to earlier this week.

Using the app on an iPhone 6 fwiw.

Yes, exactly the same issues.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #21299 on: June 5, 2019, 10:39:43 pm »
That video of the players after party, was that shot by lizzy? Doesn’t half sound like her, apologies if this has been covered already, I’ve been in a daze since the weekend!

This one https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-champions-league-final-afterparty-16382911
Just sounds like a generic Scouse girl to me.  Could be Lizzie or could be a thousand others.

David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #21300 on: June 5, 2019, 10:47:36 pm »
Lovely shout from Guttman that Sturridge would make a manager one day.  I’ve been feeling this for a couple of years now but not able to articulate why, and Rob put it well.  I’d love to see him on the sidelines with Klopp one day.

Offline Timbo0151

• @Timbo0151
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Is a dream a lie if it don't come true
« Reply #21301 on: June 6, 2019, 12:42:55 am »
Just sounds like a generic Scouse girl to me.  Could be Lizzie or could be a thousand others.

Jamie's partner.
SOS member 1295
@timbo0151

Offline BassTunedToRed

• This X-Axis goes up to 11.
  • Kopite
    • Bass Tuned To Red
« Reply #21302 on: June 6, 2019, 08:09:48 am »
Adam's monologue on the Season Review is phenomenal and emotional, as was the entire show.

Wellin lads.

Seconded. Great of Adam to talk so openly about his condition.

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21303 on: June 6, 2019, 09:48:32 am »
Lovely shout from Guttman that Sturridge would make a manager one day.  I’ve been feeling this for a couple of years now but not able to articulate why, and Rob put it well.  I’d love to see him on the sidelines with Klopp one day.
I love listening to Rob’s take on things but I really can’t see Sturridge as a manager and definitely not as a coach with a Klopp side.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #21304 on: June 6, 2019, 10:50:40 am »

I saw him tweet that, and thought he was being funny. I didn't take it as sincere...!?

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21305 on: June 6, 2019, 05:12:01 pm »
God I love the transfer committee show  ;D especially when it involves Guttman. Please get Kev and Jonno on one together
« Last Edit: June 6, 2019, 05:18:52 pm by Dench57 »
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21306 on: June 6, 2019, 05:19:50 pm »
What they say about the footballers can be well applied to themselves ... a great gang of lads (and lassies).
Been listening from the start and so happy that we've (all) landed a big one. Brilliant work.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #21307 on: June 6, 2019, 11:22:26 pm »
Delighted to hear Jay (I think it was) describing Trent as being part of the new English generation with (among others) Jesse Lingard.  Proof there that TAW has well & truly made it into the media establishment ;)

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21308 on: June 7, 2019, 07:27:53 pm »
I think you lads got the Transfer Committee game right. Thought it might kick off for a second.

Offline aka_da_saus

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • follow me on twitter @aka_da_saus
« Reply #21309 on: June 7, 2019, 07:35:13 pm »
is there an option on website yet to subscribe to the top tier sub? cant see it im on the £5 one still
we hate nottingham forest
we hate everton 2 THERE SHIT
we hate man united
but liverpool we love u
all together now

Offline E2K

• A seriously talented
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21310 on: June 7, 2019, 09:49:10 pm »
The Transfer Committee is brilliant ;D

Don't know if Jay McKenna's been on it, but his shout during the week on a different podcast about going all-in for Son (I know it won't happen) is the best I've heard so far in terms of fantasy transfers. That might be my only "in" as well, so I wouldn't be much entertainment on there :D

Think I'd only sell Mignolet and Clyne, maybe Grujic (if Liverpool get the £20m they supposedly want for him, not sure his value will ever go much higher than that). Depending on the fees, I might be able to get someone else in, but I'd be delighted with Son. Would fit this team perfectly and address a weakness in terms of depth upfront.

I'd also definitely keep Shaqiri, Lovren and Origi. Surprised there aren't more shouts on there for the value of good players who can contribute 10/15 times a season and are happy with that, especially in the league (very important part of Ferguson's success over the years, for example). What Origi has done in particular this season with very little football in his legs is both extraordinary and hugely valuable.
Twitter: @e2klassic
Blog: theredstar.home.blog

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21311 on: June 7, 2019, 10:03:26 pm »

Wellin lads.
Yeah, that was quite humbling hearing that, fair play to him. He's one of my favourite TAW folk, always an entertaining listen.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #21312 on: June 8, 2019, 10:51:12 am »
The weekender was fabulous.

The discussion about how the parade was put together was really interesting, and Gibbos discussion of how he came to be at the after game party was really moving in a way I hadn’t expected.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #21313 on: June 8, 2019, 12:35:43 pm »
The weekender was fabulous.

The discussion about how the parade was put together was really interesting, and Gibbos discussion of how he came to be at the after game party was really moving in a way I hadn’t expected.
came in here to say this. Ever since I heard that he had that gig, I was reminded of Woody Allen in either Manhattan or Hannah & her Sisters he says  “When I die I want to come back as Warren Beatty’s fingers.” , only I just wanted to be Gibbo's eyes for all of that weekend. I had been waiting impatiently for him to give us the low down on how it came about and played out. He was modest but engaging in painting the picture. Thanks for that lad.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21314 on: June 8, 2019, 12:37:07 pm »

One of the most powerful things I've ever heard on TAW, maybe the most. Not only the bit about his health but the bit about watching with his dad and the knowledge that that will end one day. I'm in the same position, like a lot of reds I would imagine, my dad is the reason I support Liverpool and who I've shared all of the big moments with. It's a huge part of our relationship and one day I won't have him sat next to me anymore, the thought of that is devastating. Adam's piece had me close to tears.   
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21315 on: June 8, 2019, 03:06:19 pm »
Just listened to Robbo Huytons voice over on the homecoming video. Tell you what. Absolutely first class lad. Resonates could have gone for the cliched shite but that was from the heart. Chapeau mate
It was magnificent wasn't it. Added to the list of things that have burnt the back of my throat in the last week.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21316 on: June 8, 2019, 08:40:28 pm »
Yeah, brilliant from Robbo.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21317 on: June 8, 2019, 08:55:43 pm »
Past weeks content was incredible.
Thanks TAW.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #21318 on: June 8, 2019, 10:43:29 pm »
I can’t keep up with the content. It’s been relentless

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #21319 on: June 9, 2019, 10:30:35 am »
One of the most powerful things I've ever heard on TAW, maybe the most. Not only the bit about his health but the bit about watching with his dad and the knowledge that that will end one day. I'm in the same position, like a lot of reds I would imagine, my dad is the reason I support Liverpool and who I've shared all of the big moments with. It's a huge part of our relationship and one day I won't have him sat next to me anymore, the thought of that is devastating. Adam's piece had me close to tears.   

As someone who lost his dad in 2008 it absolutely does make you reflect.

It's been a weird week and not something I ever really expected after a European Cup win. When the drama and the hangover went, there was a feeling of sadness dare I say it that I couldn't share it with my old man.

One of the many memories of 2005 was calling him and talking about the game the day after.