Author Topic: CL QF: Liverpool 3 vs Man City 0 - Mo 12' Ox 20' Mane 31'  (Read 109348 times)

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
Re: CL QF: Liverpool 3 vs Man City 0 - Mo 12' Ox 20' Mane 31'
« Reply #1000 on: April 5, 2018, 11:27:51 am »
Outstanding display.

Hendo, Milner & AOC dominated their much-vaunted midfield for long spells. Our defence was unbelievable (collectively and individually). Our attack played it superbly.

Picking one man of the match out of that would be impossible.

Looking at the team sheets and especially the respective benches and you know we'd need to be at the top of our game. But Klopp got his tactics nailed, and the players followed it perfectly.

Next week will be so tough but to see this through would be spectacular.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #1002 on: April 5, 2018, 11:36:04 am »
I initially thought Pep would rest some players against United but honestly speaking, I don't see it anymore. He just got destroyed by Liverpool and Klopp and if he also loses against United and Mourinho just 1-2 days after then the whole media will put massive pressure on them.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1003 on: April 5, 2018, 11:38:02 am »
Even De Brunye has said he wasn't arsed about the coach thing. No one was hurt, the richest club in the world might need a glazier for the afternoon. Not condoning smashing anything but then at the same time there's something a bit disingenuous about it all for me. Didn't they say it was 'undriveable' and then they still went home in it? Think more of it's being made than neccessary to make us look bad/try and stop us doing it again. Also is there any footage of when this catastrophic damage happened? Not seen any yet [happy to be corrected] which is unusual in this day and age.

I dont think it was very pleasent and doesnt look good us just brushing it off. Glass bottles were thrown and some even went over the bus. It could have injured one of our fans.

It wasnt great and the people caught shpuld be punished. But i agree that people shouldnt go overboard.

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1004 on: April 5, 2018, 11:39:57 am »
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/liverpool-manchester-city-demonstrate-power-of-faith-champions-league-display-a8289201.html

Decent enough article...save for the last paragraph. Although this set of players may not have much muscle memory to go on, the supporters and club as a whole have generations of it.

We believed unflinchingly, unquestionably and with the zeal of the self-appointed chosen. In the end, this was all that mattered

Offline dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
« Reply #1005 on: April 5, 2018, 11:41:03 am »
Typical of the media to attempt to take the shine off a scintillating display by our boys. While not condoning what happened to their bus, the rags will do anything to discredit us.
Anyway screw them. What a display.  Completely blew them away first half. Could easily have been 4 or 5 up at half time.  Hope Can is fit for the second leg. Hendo will be a a miss, but Millie Can and Ox should see us through.  Score that all important away goal and put the tie to bed

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1006 on: April 5, 2018, 11:41:50 am »
Yeah i'm not saying it's OK. People shouldn't be throwing bottles. But I'm not sure some of the language used - by Pep and others - quite marries up with what I've seen thus far in the myriad of available footage and stills.

Yes there is a balance to be struck here. It wasnt a life or death situation whatsoever but it shouldnt be encouraged.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #1007 on: April 5, 2018, 11:43:13 am »
It was nice to see a ref who managed the game well.
Yes he could have booked Otamendi and sterling earlier, but thought he had a good game compared to the premier League dross.

Offline Wilmo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1008 on: April 5, 2018, 11:45:07 am »
I've seen more outrage in the last 12 hours about a billionaire having to buy a new bus than I've ever seen criticism of the slave-driving, human-rights abusing shit bags who run that once respectable club.
'History has always shown that when we stay together we can sort out problems. When we split then we start fighting. There was not one time in history where division creates success.' - Klopp

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1009 on: April 5, 2018, 11:46:14 am »
Even De Brunye has said he wasn't arsed about the coach thing. No one was hurt, the richest club in the world might need a glazier for the afternoon. Not condoning smashing anything but then at the same time there's something a bit disingenuous about it all for me. Didn't they say it was 'undriveable' and then they still went home in it? Think more of it's being made than neccessary to make us look bad/try and stop us doing it again. Also is there any footage of when this catastrophic damage happened? Not seen any yet [happy to be corrected] which is unusual in this day and age.

Well this is a video taken inside the coach, which whoever took is obviously trying to show the worst possible moments that they went through inside there, so you know this is as bad as it got throughout.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhKC2tRjqCY/?utm_source=ig_embed

The dozen or so people throwing stuff are plainly idiots and no need for it, no excuses at all. In terms of disruption, the bus being 'destroyed' is maybe a bit much, I've been through rougher car washes  ;D

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #1010 on: April 5, 2018, 11:46:23 am »

BT Sport showed pictures of the players getting off the bus before the game and there was only the one window near the door that looked broken, so unless the entirety of the other side was smashed up I think it is being over done. The interior videos don't seem to support the damage report either. Stupid to do it mind.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1011 on: April 5, 2018, 11:49:30 am »
Yes he could have booked Otamendi and sterling earlier, but thought he had a good game compared to the premier League dross.

I think he's staked a claim for the final with that kind of performance.

Online PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #1012 on: April 5, 2018, 11:52:55 am »
My one wish now is a Firmino (or anyone) early goal next week.

It will be a huge blow for them to concede first and away goal at that, they'd need 5 then.

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #1013 on: April 5, 2018, 11:55:42 am »
Can’t see us not scoring next Tuesday’s once we don’t decide to sit back and defend our 3-0

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1014 on: April 5, 2018, 11:57:19 am »
My one wish now is a Firmino (or anyone) early goal next week.

It will be a huge blow for them to concede first and away goal at that, they'd need 5 then.

Yeah, I'm hoping we score an early goal and then try for a few more before half time, just to really kill the tie off as quickly as we can.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1015 on: April 5, 2018, 11:59:08 am »
I expect we'll approach it in exactly the same way we did last night. Press, harry, defend as a unit, try and blitz them when possible. I can't see us not scoring, but still, can't write them off. An early goal for them and their tails will be up.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1016 on: April 5, 2018, 11:59:12 am »
What a win.
Just didn't even dare dream that we'd go there with a 3 goal lead with a clean sheet. To be honest would have taken a nil nil. It was no away goals that for me would lead to us having a good chance to go through at their place.

Sounds odd but I was more pleased with the second half. The first we've seen before, but the second less so, especially against good opposition. We're not there yet defensively, but Karius, Robbo and VVD have made a massive difference. That's taking nothing away from Trent who was fantastic last night - absolutely made up for him. That tackle on Sane which started the move which led to the 3rd was brilliant, his confidence must be sky high.

Only downside was the morons that saw fit to throw stuff at the bus. Even putting aside the damage to the bus, the fact that some people see fit to throw cans and bottles that could hit their fellow fans says everything about them and what doesn't go on inside their heads. We need to show that we can self-police in situations like that, otherwise the few will shame the huge majority of decent fans. That said, from the moment that the welcome became a "thing" in the media, some kind of incident felt inevitable.

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1017 on: April 5, 2018, 11:59:17 am »
There's a video taken from inside the bus here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43651014

Anyone throwing bottles is an idiot and that's the main point here, but I've noticed how the media are calling it an 'attack' on the bus, as though it was ambushed by a group of fans who smashed it up, rather than just hit by a few objects thrown as it went past a crowd that was already there to welcome the other team. Also the coach was hardly 'destroyed', and if it was 'undriveable' it would only be because of one window being shattered at the front.

Just seen that two police officers were injured, didn't realise that - not sure what their injuries were though.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #1018 on: April 5, 2018, 12:00:57 pm »
a lot are lining up to have a go at us for throwing shit at their coach. obviously if anything were to happen a thing would be made of it, and that is exactly what happened.

That's not what that whole thing is about. welcoming our own lads and showing them we're with them is what its always been for....but its not as big a deal as is being made out. We all know the song and dance...

Not to downplay it. Was wrong, we/the individuals should take any punishment on the chin and ensure it don't happen again.
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1019 on: April 5, 2018, 12:04:44 pm »
Yeah throwing bottles isn't on, anyone getting hurt absolutely isn't on. But the bus wasn't 'destroyed'. It's irresponsible language to suggest it was as it'll likely encourage tit for tat behaviour next week.

Minus the bottles, that was an amazing site.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1020 on: April 5, 2018, 12:08:23 pm »
I expect we'll approach it in exactly the same way we did last night. Press, harry, defend as a unit, try and blitz them when possible. I can't see us not scoring, but still, can't write them off. An early goal for them and their tails will be up.

Yeah, I can see it maybe being something like a score draw on the night or a close win for us.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1021 on: April 5, 2018, 12:09:00 pm »
Yeah throwing bottles isn't on, anyone getting hurt absolutely isn't on. But the bus wasn't 'destroyed'. It's irresponsible language to suggest it was as it'll likely encourage tit for tat behaviour next week.

I agree, but this is just the way life is now. Over exaggerations, extreme adjectives for every situation, misleading headlines, everything designed to incite debate and emotions, drive clicks, and more stories.

Want it to change? Stop clicking, stop buying, stop watching, stop responding, stop participating and tell those you're affecting why you're stopping.

Sorry for OT post.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #1022 on: April 5, 2018, 12:12:21 pm »
Allez allez allez won't leave me head.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Online clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1023 on: April 5, 2018, 12:16:32 pm »

He was perfect. He let the game flow yet called when there were actually fouls. The English refs could learn a thing or two. But they are a thick bunch. I actually think IQ test would be good for some of our refs. Bet Pawson would come out the worst.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online RedBlakey

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1024 on: April 5, 2018, 12:22:52 pm »
Gutted Hendo's gonna miss the second leg, he has his critics and i tend to agree with them in some instances but i think he was excellent yesterday (everyone was) and his presence will be sorely missed.  Hopefully Can will be back by then.

Who are City going to be missing? There were quite a few cards dished out i lost track !
Never seen him playing I think. But looks like a good player.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #1025 on: April 5, 2018, 12:25:14 pm »
Stunning result ( I didnt see that coming at all..especially City not scoring) and atmosphere , great first half and imnpressive defending in second...but as we all know anything can happen at City , and probably will....goals for both teams.

The first time Ive missed a big game at Anfield in decades , which makes me a bit sad...plus its horrible watching at home on TV.

As for coach, I dont condone chucking bottles and cans at coach so if knobs get caught deserve punishment..but having seems films it doesn look that bad...especially the way media reports..and as for social media/comments pages....jeez the reaction...maybe Ive just been desensitised to things going off outside grounds compared to 70's/80's..but it didnt seem that horrific nor was the coach 'destroyed'.

Got bricked at Millwal once and back window of coach shattered but stayed intact all the way home to Liverpool and as we got dropped off my mate put his coat on and his elbow went through window and the lot fell apart....well it was funny at the time.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1026 on: April 5, 2018, 12:33:26 pm »
Who are City going to be missing? There were quite a few cards dished out i lost track !

I don't think they'll miss anyone through suspension, but at least the cards are cleared after this round.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1027 on: April 5, 2018, 12:33:27 pm »
I initially thought Pep would rest some players against United but honestly speaking, I don't see it anymore. He just got destroyed by Liverpool and Klopp and if he also loses against United and Mourinho just 1-2 days after then the whole media will put massive pressure on them.

I think he will rest a few, and there would be more reason to do it now. Mourinho can't suddenly become a less cowardly manager, so they won't have the guts to go at City. City will be able to play them knowing that they won't have to deal with an onslaught from United. IT's at home too isn't it?  They'll have enough while resting 4 or 5 key players I reckon.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #1028 on: April 5, 2018, 12:35:44 pm »
Was it that dog that injured Salah ??

Yeah. Fucking yard dog that feller Otamendi
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline zip

• Legacy Fan
  • That was liquid football!
« Reply #1029 on: April 5, 2018, 12:36:28 pm »
Tired of hearing about the bloody bus and the 'attack' by our fans. A few idiots throwing glass bottles should not overshadow the great support of thousands, nevermind the superb performance put on display by the men in red. The idea was to greet the Liverpool players and give them much needed support, rather than 'ambush' the City bus - as has been the underlying tone in the media.
One day, people will hopefully look back and say "I was there son. I was there the year that Spurs won nothing again."

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1030 on: April 5, 2018, 12:37:59 pm »
Tired of hearing about the bloody bus and the 'attack' by our fans. A few idiots throwing glass bottles should not overshadow the great support of thousands, nevermind the superb performance put on display by the men in red. The idea was to greet the Liverpool players and give them much needed support, rather than 'ambush' the City bus - as has been the underlying tone in the media.

Yeah, it shouldn't have happened but people are focusing way too much on it.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1031 on: April 5, 2018, 12:39:07 pm »

As for coach, I dont condone chucking bottles and cans at coach so if knobs get caught deserve punishment..but having seems films it doesn look that bad...

It doesn't really matter what the damage was, even if the bus was made out of kevlar and was undamaged, it would still be wrong. It's just another form of hooliganism and sanctioned violence. It's something the game has been trying to shake off for years, and its really important that we deal with it very firmly and squarely. I'm all for the fans giving them a torrid time on the pitch (as they did) and for the customary 'welcome' including making a lot of noise, confetti, red smoke etc. but throwing bottles and hard objects which might hurt other fans (and ruin their experience), and might hit security folk who are just doing their jobs, is wrong and 100% unacceptable. Whoever was caught throwing things and acting in this way should be brought out and banned for a year, with an extension to lifetime ban if they ever transgress again. I agree that sensationalist reporting doesn't help but to be honest If it didn't happen, then there'd be nothing to report.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1032 on: April 5, 2018, 12:41:11 pm »
Don't condone bottle throwing, but the overreaction is out pf order but to be expected. Mate of mine was there as the bus turned into the main, only saw the drivers side, but didn't see any damage at all.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #1033 on: April 5, 2018, 12:42:39 pm »
Strange how nothings been mentioned about bottles being thrown at the city bus

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #1034 on: April 5, 2018, 12:43:50 pm »

Only Fernandinho was on a card I think so no one.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1035 on: April 5, 2018, 12:44:26 pm »

spot on there

totally unnecessary and disgusting behaviour
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #1036 on: April 5, 2018, 12:46:02 pm »
Don't condone bottle throwing, but the overreaction is out pf order but to be expected. Mate of mine was there as the bus turned into the main, only saw the drivers side, but didn't see any damage at all.

I saw the otherside and there was one window with the glass still in it but shattered (near the door). So not quite the 13 windows broken mentioned on one radio channel!

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #1037 on: April 5, 2018, 12:47:13 pm »
Ha ha got to bed at 2.15 and up at 7 for work after being up at 3.45 yesterday morning to catch the red eye flight to Jhb and back just in time for kickoff . I'm fucked 🤣🤣 the euphoria is keeping me upright 🤣🤣

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1038 on: April 5, 2018, 12:47:56 pm »
Anyone else finding it impossible to pick a MotM

All 11 starters were bloody brilliant, not a single weak link in there.

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #1039 on: April 5, 2018, 12:51:23 pm »
Was it that dog that injured Salah ??

Bit harsh on Otamendi that mate.
Love Ren & Stimpy