Author Topic: Danny Ings  (Read 336656 times)

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Danny Ings
« Reply #160 on: September 21, 2015, 11:08:30 am »
At least he scored and looks happy about it

Yer feckin bastard. You made me spit my tea out ;D
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline GregCharrua

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #161 on: September 21, 2015, 11:09:40 am »
Ought to be starting. Most impressive striker so far, though Sturridges 60 minutes yesterday show you what sort of quality he brings to the side.

Sturridge + Ings could do some damage with the right setup.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #162 on: September 21, 2015, 11:12:23 am »
There's a great chance here for someone like Ings to come in and stake a claim.

I wouldn't be at all upset if he found himself starting ahead of Sturridge and/or Benteke at the moment.

I am sure others have made the Kuyt comparison, but I really think there is a role for him in this team at the moment. His pressing is terrific and he looks like he can finish - it was nice to see him getting into those areas and waiting for defenders to make mistakes.

Offline Alanslad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #163 on: September 21, 2015, 07:31:09 pm »
There's a great chance here for someone like Ings to come in and stake a claim.

I wouldn't be at all upset if he found himself starting ahead of Sturridge and/or Benteke at the moment.

I am sure others have made the Kuyt comparison, but I really think there is a role for him in this team at the moment. His pressing is terrific and he looks like he can finish - it was nice to see him getting into those areas and waiting for defenders to make mistakes.

I agree. I'd like to see him get a decent run in the starting eleven 

Offline karl740

• Kopite
« Reply #164 on: September 21, 2015, 07:35:45 pm »
Good signing and looks hungry. Hasn't been fazed by the move at all. Wasn't sure about the signing initially but think he will be more valuable to us and get more game time than origi.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: September 21, 2015, 07:57:50 pm »
He's playing with passion and has a bit of anger in him which is much needed in this squad.

I like him.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #166 on: September 21, 2015, 08:00:32 pm »
Chases everything down and actually has the touch to do something when he gets there.
Hope he get 90 minutes midweek.

Offline Shepnois

• Legacy Fan
  • Livin' in the Sunshine, Lovin' in the Moonlight
« Reply #167 on: September 21, 2015, 08:19:47 pm »
If the rest of our players played with half of his heart we'd be in a much better position.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: September 21, 2015, 08:56:54 pm »
He is the only shinning light at the moment.

Needs to start up front certainly against Villa and Everton.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #169 on: September 21, 2015, 09:12:16 pm »
Championed Ings when we were first linked with him. Mentioned him good number of times in various threads. Of course, nearly everyone had a hard-on for that Lavezzi boy and it was said he was just another hard-working forward who wouldn't have the skill to cut it at Liverpool.

Good luck to him - the lad looks great in a Red shirt.

Continually on 11,420.

Offline Fazakerley Red

• No longer angry :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fazakerley Red
« Reply #170 on: September 21, 2015, 09:28:52 pm »
agreed .

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #171 on: September 21, 2015, 10:30:38 pm »
There where probably players yesterday who gave 100%, but as a fan it is good to see a player who looks like he's giving 100% ...it lifted the crowd.

The goal was class, thought he had taken it too wide, Suarez would have been proud of that...and if Im honest I didn't realise he had it in him.

Offline cricketrocks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: September 22, 2015, 01:12:56 am »
Should he play against Carlisle or be saved for Villa? As Benteke has a hamstring problem, this may be a slight conundrum.

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #173 on: September 22, 2015, 02:22:26 am »
There where probably players yesterday who gave 100%, but as a fan it is good to see a player who looks like he's giving 100% ...it lifted the crowd.

The goal was class, thought he had taken it too wide, Suarez would have been proud of that...and if Im honest I didn't realise he had it in him.

Exactly. Should be starting against Carlise. If we can have a player leading the line from the outset with this kind of attitude it will only have a flow-on effect with the rest of the team. In fact, I'd go as far to say his infectious enthusiasm could go a long way to turning things around for us in the short term. It couldn't hurt giving him a go over the next month, surely?

All told, very impressed with the lad so far.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: September 22, 2015, 02:45:13 am »
Knew he would be a good signing, him Clyne Gomez Firmino were signings I was very happy with. In reality we needed a better version of Ings as a second choice striker or partner to Sturridge, a player with pace who could press dribble and put the ball in the back of the net. As it stands I think a partnership of Sturridge and Ings has more chance to blossom than one with Benteke.

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
« Reply #175 on: September 22, 2015, 04:59:19 am »
I'd like to see him up front with Sturridge. He's a very good footballer and while he is obviously no Suarez, he has a similar ability to harass a defence and force them into mistakes, which is something Sturridge should be able to profit from.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #176 on: September 22, 2015, 05:06:29 am »
Exactly. Should be starting against Carlise. If we can have a player leading the line from the outset with this kind of attitude it will only have a flow-on effect with the rest of the team. In fact, I'd go as far to say his infectious enthusiasm could go a long way to turning things around for us in the short term. It couldn't hurt giving him a go over the next month, surely?

All told, very impressed with the lad so far.

He's the perfect example of a player 'leading from the front'. We were so good with Suarez because he forced defenders into mistakes with his pressing and his tenacity. If he didn't force them into a direct mistake he'd force them to knock it long and we'd get the ball back and start and attack. Sturridge isn't going to be up to speed for a while yet and even when he is he won't press like Ings and with Benteke it's just not something you associate with him. So for me if Ings carries on playing like he is then it's him and one of the other two.

Offline krizzobizzle

• Mr Fun at a party near you soon!
  • Kopite
« Reply #177 on: September 22, 2015, 05:11:55 am »
I thing playing Danny Ings alongside Sturridge is the closest thing we are going to get to the Suarez Sturridge partnership in 13/14.

I'm not for one second saying Ings is anywhere near Suarez's level. But he has some similar characteristics which could work well. Chasing lost causes, running the channels, being unpredictable in the box.

The problem is now we have a £30 million pounds striker who will need justifying every week by the manager by being first on the team sheet.

The exact same thing happened with Lallana, Lovren and the rest until he realises it isn't working.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: September 22, 2015, 06:00:20 am »
He's doing well, hopefully he starts up front during week and can get on score sheet again.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #179 on: September 22, 2015, 07:54:31 am »
I agree with the people that say his constant chasing/closing down of the opposition defenders is Suarezesque.
Chases lost causes and makes things happen high up the pitch.
Benteke obviously has goals in him but Ings constant running makes things happen.
Will be difficult to cement a first team league position but should be start every Uefa and domestic cup game.
Miles ahead of Origi, for me.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: September 22, 2015, 08:28:48 am »
I agree with the people that say his constant chasing/closing down of the opposition defenders is Suarezesque.
Chases lost causes and makes things happen high up the pitch.
Benteke obviously has goals in him but Ings constant running makes things happen.
Will be difficult to cement a first team league position but should be start every Uefa and domestic cup game.
Miles ahead of Origi, for me.

I think Ings is a good striker to have in the squad as I think he will work alongside either Benteke or Sturridge, which makes him an excellent candidate to fill in when there are injuries.

Agree he is miles ahead of Origi.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline wah00ey

• Gappy Gumbo, especially at the back.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay away from Twitter, it's no good for anyone.
« Reply #181 on: September 22, 2015, 11:31:07 am »
He is the only shinning light at the moment.

Needs to start up front certainly against Villa and Everton.
I thought it was a good, clean strike with his left peg?
Look up "Odious" in the dictionary and Martin Samuel is the given definition.  Call me Klopphooey please.

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: September 22, 2015, 11:33:55 am »
Love his energy and movement. Offers a lot more than the relatively static Benteke. Ings and Sturridge could be a pretty decent strikeforce.

Offline jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: September 22, 2015, 01:26:06 pm »
Have to be honest i was very underwhelmed at the signing but he is showing a lot of fight and is the only one who looks like he gives a fuck. Humble pie to be eaten and he needs to start against villa. He deserves it

Offline pjshaun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: September 22, 2015, 03:27:41 pm »
Have to be honest i was very underwhelmed at the signing but he is showing a lot of fight and is the only one who looks like he gives a fuck. Humble pie to be eaten and he needs to start against villa. He deserves it
Agreed. He needs regular game time to keep his confidence and rhythm going. I hope to see him starting against Carlisle tomorrow.

Offline Vortigen

• Anny Roader
« Reply #185 on: September 22, 2015, 03:48:49 pm »
Have we paid for him yet? 

Offline petercormack

• Main Stander
« Reply #186 on: September 22, 2015, 09:45:36 pm »
I know it's only you tube but have a look at his goals with Burnley, not just last year but the year before in the Championship. He was on fire in the 13/14 season. Catch a lot of Championship football and he really stood out that season. As well as hard working he also has great touch and movement. Oh and is a great finisher

Offline LFCsupporter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: September 22, 2015, 09:54:47 pm »
I though he'd be similar to Borini, but he's been proving me wrong so far. Good touch, hard working and can finish his chances. Think we might look back on this transfer as a shrewd piece of business.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #188 on: September 22, 2015, 09:56:44 pm »
Have we paid for him yet? 

Tribunal is set for January.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Notorious IT

• Gilt complex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Alcoholic
« Reply #189 on: September 23, 2015, 11:57:17 pm »
Around the same age as our other Daniel was when we signed him. He looks bright. Who knows, could have a similar impact. I like him.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: September 24, 2015, 12:06:02 am »
He would have enjoyed being revered against Carlisle. He missed a chance, looked gutted and wanted to punish himself, he dusted himself down as the Kop clapped and sang his name in admiration of his efforts as he jogged away. A a tangible bond developed in front of my eyes there, he stayed to clap at the end and the few remaining sung his name.
He's really getting some deserved appreciation for some of the hardest work I've seen for years.

Love the lad.

Offline Aceldama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: September 24, 2015, 12:07:02 am »
I don't know how fatigued he is after going 120 minutes tonight but he needs to start this weekend.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #192 on: September 24, 2015, 12:09:41 am »
Can't help but think of Dirk's best days here when I watch him. Has the same attitude, determination and eye for goal.

It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: September 24, 2015, 12:15:40 am »
His penalty was the most telling contribution of the night for me. Had to get the ball out of the net himself just to take it as no one else was arsed getting it out for him, was getting a skinful of abuse from the Carlisle lot before he took it, stood there and just lashed it in like - as the lads from TAW would say - "youse are all shite".

A supernovae in the blackness of our footballing space at the moment. Made up for him, to be honest.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #194 on: September 24, 2015, 12:17:15 am »
I love the stare he gave the away fans when he slotted. Just stood there looking at them like a big "Fuck you"

Awesome.

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: September 24, 2015, 12:17:56 am »
He would have enjoyed being revered against Carlisle. He missed a chance, looked gutted and wanted to punish himself, he dusted himself down as the Kop clapped and sang his name in admiration of his efforts as he jogged away. A a tangible bond developed in front of my eyes there, he stayed to clap at the end and the few remaining sung his name.
He's really getting some deserved appreciation for some of the hardest work I've seen for years.

Love the lad.

Good to hear.  Wish we had more with his attitude in this squad. 

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
« Reply #196 on: September 24, 2015, 12:21:58 am »
One positive from the misery.

Be fuming if he doesn't start this weekend.

Online jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #197 on: September 24, 2015, 01:54:13 am »
Great energy from him tonight. I like the look of him and hope he starts on Saturday. Hate his song tho, it's a bit sh1t.

Offline nozza

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: September 24, 2015, 02:28:52 am »
He ran into the goal to retrieve the ball before he took his pen. Confident as fuck. Refreshing. Reminds me of Aldo.

Offline trimore

• Legacy Fan
  • Dastardly and Muttley with sick laughter
« Reply #199 on: September 24, 2015, 02:31:59 am »
Pure relief that at least one of our attacking players, besides Coutinho, has some real substance and health with him, a personality and technique to really put your faith in. Hopefully he will be apart of a front two and connect with Sturridge or Benteke.   
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 02:42:56 am by trimore »
Go off to sleep in the sunshine, I don't want to see the day when it's dying