Author Topic: BT Sport  (Read 179523 times)

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
Re: BT Sport
« Reply #520 on: October 20, 2013, 07:29:54 pm »
Ha didn't see the Ginola thing, seen Honigstein do something similar to Richardson and thought surely he didn't just do that.

Stupid he's been kicked though. Richardson's just made a joke of it too.. "Have to be careful with your gestures" 

Hope that's not the end of him on BT. He's great on it and the European football show is always a good watch.

Offline Outer Mongolian Red

• Rafa ran over my dog. Then shot it. Fact
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #521 on: October 20, 2013, 07:31:24 pm »
Pathetic overreaction to kick him off the show.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #522 on: October 20, 2013, 07:51:23 pm »

Offline Milkay Gundog

• Anny Roader
« Reply #523 on: October 20, 2013, 08:15:54 pm »
Ha didn't see the Ginola thing, seen Honigstein do something similar to Richardson and thought surely he didn't just do that.

Stupid he's been kicked though. Richardson's just made a joke of it too.. "Have to be careful with your gestures" 

Hope that's not the end of him on BT. He's great on it and the European football show is always a good watch.
Agreed Raph made a joke and they kick him off the show, stupid move to do that.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #524 on: October 21, 2013, 04:31:05 pm »
Raphael Honigstein ‏@honigstein 15m
Once again, sincere apologies. I have donated the fee for the show to the @btsport charity The Supporters Club. I'm back next Sunday.

Offline TheGOAT

• Gruff handbagger
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #525 on: October 21, 2013, 04:41:40 pm »
Good he's back. What a load of fuss over nothing, an apology on air would have been fine then move on.

Offline HoinkDoink

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #526 on: October 25, 2013, 08:13:14 pm »
Just noticed BT Sport is free today from 7pm and will end on monday 6am

So should be available now, rugby is on at the moment :D

Sky TV guide: HD box: 413,
414 and 417 Standard box:
426, 427 and 433
Freeview channel 57
(BT Sport 1 only)

Crystal Palace vs Arsenal
Wolsburg vs Werder Bremen
Inter Milan vs Verona
Buyern Munich vs Hertha Berlin
Borrusia Moenchoengladbach vs Frankfurt
St Ettienne vs PSG
Napoli vs Torino

plus rugby, baseball, tennis and ufc
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 08:25:18 pm by HoinkDoink »
Liverpool FC
Stop for the Klopp!

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=294839.0 - RAWK Soccer Manager Thread, Come Play

Offline Sally

• Desperately searching for a very, very, very, very, very small toaster! "I'm saying this now, if he (Christian Benteke) scores more than 16 goals for us next season i'm eating my cock." (Duly noted!)
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Yellow Submarine
« Reply #527 on: October 25, 2013, 11:19:14 pm »
Let's be honest, the only reason everyone i know bought BT internet is for the football, so when they show tennis, rugby and don't actually show any football matches ito say it is irritating is an understatement.

Not only that but when they actually do decide to show a match the BT Sports channels periodically decide to vanish from existence rendering me unable to watch anything and any attempt to fix a fault with the box results in me getting diverted to a call centre in asia where i'm prompted to switch the damn box on and off multiple times, seriously, they can take their entire bt home vision dream set top box freeview youview or whatever the fuck it's called and shove it straight up their arse and twist it sideways.

Oh no its okay BT, Please take my money for free - I insist! I'll just stick to my 144p internet streams  :)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 11:21:33 pm by Red mamba »

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #528 on: October 25, 2013, 11:33:34 pm »
Agreed Raph made a joke and they kick him off the show, stupid move to do that.
AWWYC Are you good mates with him as well?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #529 on: October 25, 2013, 11:36:01 pm »
AWWYC Are you good mates with him as well?

:o

Has he returned as Milkay Gundog? This guy rates Iniesta.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #530 on: October 25, 2013, 11:38:27 pm »
:o

Has he returned as Milkay Gundog? This guy rates Iniesta.
Oh he's a slippery one, he started rating him after he was rumbled ;D

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #531 on: October 25, 2013, 11:39:41 pm »
Just noticed BT Sport is free today from 7pm and will end on monday 6am

Nice one!
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline lfcmason

• Kopite
  • Liverpool are champions of Europe again.
« Reply #532 on: October 26, 2013, 10:03:04 am »
Some A-League game on at the moment. Sydney FC vs Western Sydney Wanderers. Del Piero on the bench.

Western Sydney just scored! :D

Offline Ben_AFC

• Legacy Fan
  • It's magic you know, Two FA Cups in a row
« Reply #533 on: October 26, 2013, 11:18:30 am »
Channel is still coming up as scrambled for me.

*edit I'm a moron and was trying the normal channel, not the 'preview' one.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 11:21:38 am by Ben_AFC »
w w w w d d w w w d w w w d d w d w w d w w w w w w w w w d w d w d d d w w. Arsena.

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #534 on: October 26, 2013, 12:26:10 pm »
The stint from 11 till 12:45 on a Saturday is some of the shittest TV I have seen.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #535 on: October 26, 2013, 02:51:25 pm »
Couldn't even pick it up today on my Freeview, said it was scrambled or something. Anyone else have trouble?

Edit - just seen the post above, what channel should it be then? Ch 57 doesn't appear in my list and Ch 58 is scrambled.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 02:52:58 pm by redgriffin73 »
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #536 on: October 26, 2013, 02:52:35 pm »
I don't know how, and I hate saying this, but is Owen.... improving?
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #537 on: October 26, 2013, 09:58:33 pm »
For some reason they have the cast from TOWIE doing the UFC coverage.

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #538 on: October 29, 2013, 06:13:47 am »
I predict Alan Hansen will be there next season.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #539 on: November 9, 2013, 12:39:03 am »
The Times is reporting BT have bid a billion quid for exclusive Champions League rights from 2015

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/business/industries/media/article3917638.ece
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline brownie 09

• Long-winded.....but never mind :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • twitter - brownie09RAWK
« Reply #540 on: November 9, 2013, 12:43:17 am »
id rather them get it exclusively then it be split between three tv companies of which two of them you have to pay for to be honest.

Also from what i've read they will have to show so many games for free as well, so sponsors get as much exposure as possible.

Offline Mashy-rawr!nooo

• Oordeers friiees wiith hiis whoopers!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Once upon a time.....
« Reply #541 on: November 9, 2013, 12:47:46 am »
to be honest, if BT got the Champions League and built on their European Football library, I'd be relatively tempted to get rid of Sky Sports altogether.

Yup. Although there is not enough big european names and La liga is kinda of big hitter.

My Grammar is shit. I no it and you no it.
They're Stoke. They throw sticks at aeroplanes there

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #542 on: November 9, 2013, 12:49:44 am »
Stunning amount of money if true, that's more than they paid for the Premier League rights. They may also have exclusive Europa League rights along with the CL for that money, not sure as there are conflicting reports on that.

I wonder how the Times know, though? They seem very confident and haven't labelled it a rumour, yet I can't see confirmation from BT or UEFA at the moment.

Massive news if it turns out to be true.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #543 on: November 9, 2013, 12:59:14 am »
Stunning amount of money if true, that's more than they paid for the Premier League rights. They may also have exclusive Europa League rights along with the CL for that money, not sure as there are conflicting reports on that.

I wonder how the Times know, though? They seem very confident and haven't labelled it a rumour, yet I can't see confirmation from BT or UEFA at the moment.

Massive news if it turns out to be true.
Story has been running for sometime.  Not official,  may end up with only partial rights. Been following this for one of my briefs at work. Hope it happens. Anything to get football away from Murdoch. Negotiations still on going but looks like they are making a real play for Sky's football rights.
« Last Edit: November 9, 2013, 01:00:46 am by Twelfth Customer »
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #544 on: November 9, 2013, 01:05:48 am »
Story has been running for sometime.  Not official,  may end up with only partial rights. Been following this for one of my briefs at work. Hope it happens. Anything to get football away from Murdoch. Negotiations still on going but looks like they are making a real play for Sky's football rights.

Cheers for the info mate. The Times sound very confident that they will have it exclusively - and to be honest, if they're paying £1 billion they can't settle for anything less, surely? It seems a big enough amount of money as it is, even for all the games.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #545 on: November 9, 2013, 01:28:31 am »
They are being very aggressive. Sky started to go onto their turf by offering broadband, phone and TV packages. That must have been very dangerous for BT taking their bread and butter away.

In return they decided to be aggressive and directly targeting Sky's bread and butter. And by offering this, they are going in hard. Kind of impressive in a macho business gangster way.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #546 on: November 9, 2013, 01:29:56 am »
Cheers for the info mate. The Times sound very confident that they will have it exclusively - and to be honest, if they're paying £1 billion they can't settle for anything less, surely? It seems a big enough amount of money as it is, even for all the games.

Brings customers to sign for BT Sport. Offer them packages for broadband. Capturing customers for broadband is where the long term money is. They'll look at it as a loss leader. Short term overpaying for long term gain.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #547 on: November 9, 2013, 02:52:54 am »
Exclusive talks, seems like a done deal, all the other papers are reporting the Times story. The Times would know I guess being owned by the c*nt.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #548 on: November 9, 2013, 03:27:57 am »
Am I wrong or is the long-term play here the fact that eventually the Premiership are going to sell the 'internet rights' (or whateverr) to games to one of these two (or Al Jazeera), which basically means you'll get a situation where fans of clubs can decide who they want to watch in the 3pm kick-offs on a Saturday, which is something none of the TV channels can currently show?
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #549 on: November 9, 2013, 03:54:10 am »
Am I wrong or is the long-term play here the fact that eventually the Premiership are going to sell the 'internet rights' (or whateverr) to games to one of these two (or Al Jazeera), which basically means you'll get a situation where fans of clubs can decide who they want to watch in the 3pm kick-offs on a Saturday, which is something none of the TV channels can currently show?
Which would go someway towards FSG's desire for individual broadcasting rights. Not heard anything about that, but it would be the logical next step.

Offline hitman89762000

• Young Glasshoppel, apprentice to the arlarses. Exponent of The Sandon's original "Hippy Mod In A Headlock" manoeuvre.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never wanting to be a transfer forum mod.
« Reply #550 on: November 9, 2013, 08:48:15 am »
Looks set to be announced at 10am....
@Robbie9Fowler robbie fowler
@ @hitman8976rawk big spunky seaman was fookin massive... I saw the devil in his eyes and shit my undercrackers

PLEASE Sign Kevin Williams 15yeatr life ended at Hillsborough. His inquest is urgent for his terminally ill mum. http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/40925

a tweet fro

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #551 on: November 9, 2013, 08:58:33 am »
Looks set to be announced at 10am....
Confirmed by BBC news.

Big loss for sky, big.

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #552 on: November 9, 2013, 09:02:10 am »
Confirmed by BBC news.

Big loss for sky, big.

I guess this means their maybe a lot more money for the English teams in the CL.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #553 on: November 9, 2013, 09:04:06 am »

Champions League: BT Sport 'to announce £1bn rights deal'
By Dan Roan BBC chief sports correspondent

BT Sport is on the verge of announcing a £1bn deal which would end two decades of Champions League football on terrestrial TV, according to a senior source at the company.

The broadcaster has been in advanced talks with Uefa, and is understood to be close to revealing it has won the right to show Champions League and Europa League matches for the first time from 2015.

A reported three-year deal will be seen as a significant blow to both Sky and ITV, who currently share the rights.

BT launched its UK sports channels on 1 August, 2013, in a challenge to the dominance of sports coverage on Sky.

Sky has previously fended off competition from other broadasters, such as ITV Digital, Setanta and ESPN, after they all entered the pay-TV football market.

BT has already spent £738m over three years for the rights to 38 live Premier League matches for the 2012-2013 season. while Sky paid £2.3bn for 116 matches a season.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24879138

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #554 on: November 9, 2013, 09:05:33 am »
I guess this means their maybe a lot more money for the English teams in the CL.
I thought that too....

It's a problem if there is too big an imbalance.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #555 on: November 9, 2013, 09:07:33 am »
to be honest, if BT got the Champions League and built on their European Football library, I'd be relatively tempted to get rid of Sky Sports altogether.

I'd miss the other sports I think, espcially the cricket.

I don't have BT Sport at the moment, I resent forking out extra on top of the shitload I already pay. Just seems like one payment too far. Might have to review that in the future!

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #556 on: November 9, 2013, 09:12:28 am »
I'd miss the other sports I think, espcially the cricket.

I don't have BT Sport at the moment, I resent forking out extra on top of the shitload I already pay. Just seems like one payment too far. Might have to review that in the future!

If you have BT Broadband you get it for free

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #557 on: November 9, 2013, 09:14:35 am »
If you have BT Broadband you get it for free
For now...
W

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #558 on: November 9, 2013, 09:15:15 am »
I guess if this is true they may start gunning for England games and the Cricket next.

It will be interesting to see how Sky reports this news.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #559 on: November 9, 2013, 09:17:26 am »
It's a little over double the current deal
W