Author Topic: Linux - Getting Started  (Read 4512 times)

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Linux - Getting Started
« Reply #40 on: January 7, 2021, 10:23:16 am »
Cheers MK, perfect. I suppose I could have just googled that mate. :)

I also signed up for a very similar free tutorial on Udemy

Will run through them both for a start.

cheers
Haha maybe, but I've watched it before along with several of his crash course videos. I'm studying up for an interview soon  :P
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Linux - Getting Started
« Reply #41 on: March 9, 2024, 07:39:44 pm »
Hey folks, sorry for the bump of an old topic but thought it the best one to ask about this.

Basically I've had an old Dell Wyse 3040 lingering around (it was an old work one that was given to me as it wasn't of any use any more).  Anyway, I've gone through the fun of wiping it clean and installing a distro (Lubuntu as I needed something tiny) with a view of using the machine to run a retro game emulator (RetroArch).  I've of course only got ROMs of the old games I have in my loft but, given I'm a gigantic noob when it comes to anything Linux I'm stuck as to my next steps.

I've reached here (https://retroarch.com/index.php?page=linux-instructions) but I don't know how to action them, if that makes sense.  I've got RA on my PC and managed that okay but using Linux is a whole new environment.  Any tips, pointers, general help would be really welcome.

My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.