Poll

So.. We have all been in lockdown. We have all reduced our interactions..

.. and I'll be out there from day one acting like it's all fine. No worries!
.. I'll be doing my best and will probably be pretty OK interacting as normal
.. Really not sure what it'll be like
.. I'm a bit nervous and wondering if I'll be OK getting back to normal
.. Going to be really hard to do anything. It's been so long..

Author Topic: Touchy feely, wheely really!  (Read 937 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Touchy feely, wheely really!
« on: April 9, 2021, 07:45:53 pm »
Having a conversation the other day and we were discussing this..

.. when things are back to normal, do we think we'll deal with it OK?

I must admit, I feel a bit nervous about the idea of walking near anyone, sitting near anyone, sitting in a crowded pub, sitting in a crowded Anfield and all the rest.

I personally think though that humans forget about shit and get on with shit very quickly. Hoping that it won't be an issue in a few months of being back.

But you never know.. :)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Touchy feely, wheely really!
« Reply #1 on: April 9, 2021, 07:50:08 pm »
I'm not fussed about going near people, was out and about with work when it was at its worst, did the eat out to help out etc. I'm not liking the roads being busier again, got used to not sitting in traffic and I prefer it with less people being out and about.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #2 on: April 9, 2021, 07:56:05 pm »
I'll be ok; will take some time 'til I stop holding my breath when I walk past someone though.
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3 on: April 9, 2021, 07:57:15 pm »
Been interacting as normal for sometime...

Haven’t been to a restaurant for over a year though...

I long to have a meal out on a nice sunny day, with a nice cold glass of white wine..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Port_vale_lad

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: April 9, 2021, 08:37:29 pm »
I genuinely think that things will never get back to normal.

Reckon masks will be a main stay as will social distancing in certain situations.

we will live with this forever now.

Offline palimpsest

• Kopite
« Reply #5 on: April 9, 2021, 08:40:55 pm »
I genuinely think that things will never get back to normal.

Reckon masks will be a main stay as will social distancing in certain situations.

we will live with this forever now.

Because the virus is likely to become endemic?
We had dreams and songs to sing...

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: April 9, 2021, 08:40:59 pm »
Been interacting as normal for sometime...

Haven’t been to a restaurant for over a year though...

I long to have a meal out on a nice sunny day, with a nice cold glass of white wine..

Good ya!

All I've missed is the gym and festivals/gigs

Been out rock climbing as normal
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: April 9, 2021, 08:47:52 pm »
Good ya!

I've missed things like shaking hands and hugging people. Saw my Stepdad for the 1st time in 15 months last week, he's just had a heart attack and instead of the usual hug, it was an elbow bump.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Port_vale_lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: April 9, 2021, 08:48:35 pm »
Because the virus is likely to become endemic?

Yep

Get everyone vaccinated there will be a new strain / mutation and we will keep going round in circles

Too many dip shits about

Offline palimpsest

• Kopite
« Reply #9 on: April 9, 2021, 09:01:38 pm »
Yep

Get everyone vaccinated there will be a new strain / mutation and we will keep going round in circles

Too many dip shits about

Not necessarily. I think this virus has a limited repertoire of tricks to pull. After a year of doom and gloom I've just decided to change course and be wildly optimistic. We're gonna have the best, craziest, touchy feely summer ever   ;D
We had dreams and songs to sing...

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #10 on: April 9, 2021, 09:09:46 pm »
Good ya!

Well... I have to wear a mask at work, but other than that and some other odd bits... I’m working as usual.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2021, 07:12:42 pm »
Having a conversation the other day and we were discussing this..

.. when things are back to normal, do we think we'll deal with it OK?

I must admit, I feel a bit nervous about the idea of walking near anyone, sitting near anyone, sitting in a crowded pub, sitting in a crowded Anfield and all the rest.

I personally think though that humans forget about shit and get on with shit very quickly. Hoping that it won't be an issue in a few months of being back.

But you never know.. :)
Just like flying after 9/11. In a couple of years humans seem to forget the bad outcomes and move on

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2021, 07:18:05 pm »
Went shopping today and accidentally ended up in a beer garden - felt brilliant being around people, sitting in the sun. Was also in the Trafford Centre this morning and it was quite busy and again just felt brilliant to be among people again.

We either get back to as normal as we can or we give up and do a Jonestown

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2021, 02:48:52 pm »
I walked passed my local last night and it was full of pissed dick heads that don't normally frequent because the town centre pubs don't have beer gardens. Can't wait until we open fully so theycan fuck off back to Scratterspoons.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2021, 03:04:52 pm »
Went shopping today and accidentally ended up in a beer garden
Accidentally my arse  :lmao
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2021, 03:24:53 pm »
I've missed things like shaking hands and hugging people.

Went shopping today and accidentally ended up in a beer garden - felt brilliant being around people, sitting in the sun. Was also in the Trafford Centre this morning and it was quite busy and again just felt brilliant to be among people again.

A neighbour had clearly had a little yard-gathering throughout Saturday afternoon, with the drinks flowing.  I popped out in the evening to go and collect a take-away just as she & her pal were making their own way to a shop - crossed paths and I said hello, and she (it was immediately clear they'd had a few!) insisted on walking the same way.  Was strangely pleasant to be engaged in some drunken chatter and be on the receiving end of a surprise hug both upon meeting  going our separate ways*.

(*I should add that I didn't really feel I had time to react, and that I have already had Covid-19)

I'm usually one who likes a bit of space and gets paranoid about touching things, etc, anyway - I think I'll end up appreciating little changes in others more than noticing anything significant in myself.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2021, 03:53:42 pm »
I remember I was genuinely nervous after the first time I left the three month quarantine here (where we couldn´t even leave for exercise) to go see one of my mates. That was a genuine shock. So no, nothing after that is going to make me feel that nervous

The only thing I am not looking forward to is the getting back to the kiss on each cheek BS, which was awkward at the best of times, but is even more awkward now it has a whole "Do we don´t we element". So yeah definitely not looking forward to that.

Personally I can´t wait to get back into a massive crowd, whether that be a footy match, club, gig, festival, trophy parade or whatever. How I will feel once I´m actually in it couldn´t tell you. I suspect I´ll be over the moon.

Every time I have been out here and it has been a sunny weekend and everyone is out and about, regardless of things being open or not, I have been buzzing.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 03:55:19 pm by Indomitable_Carp »

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2021, 03:54:14 pm »
Just like flying after 9/11. In a couple of years humans seem to forget the bad outcomes and move on
Can't really compare the 2.  The airlines, airports and authorities put rules in place which you are forced to follow (taking off your shoes, 100ml bottles, etc.) and have had to follow for 20 years. People will walk around maskless and get closer than 2m without anyone being able to enforce it. Wave 3 will happen. It won't be as deadly but when the virus mutates again and starts to evade the vaccines, we'll end up in this endless cycle of vaccinations which some people are already ignorant of. My mate's ex father-in-law had both doses of the vaccine and caught covid. Obviously it did what it was intended to do and dampened the effects but he was still able to catch it and obviously pass it on.

There's no "normal" for at least 5 years in my opinion.
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2021, 06:13:16 pm »
quite happy not to be touchy and feely to be honest

never really liked having to hug everyone and shake hands with every man

quite happy to fist-pump the fellas and quite happy to just say hi to the girls

never liked crowded places as i prefer to be out and about in the fresh air with just nature for company

the only crowds i like are footy crowds and gigs - so i've missed that a LOT

it's not that i don't like people but having come from a very large family and very large connected family - i kinda like my own space

i am wary but after already having caught covid and a first jab vac shot - i feel a bit more protected

it's a new world out there but maybe we (as the human race) were getting a bit too complacent with the way we were living our lives and how we were treating both other people and the environment

you don't know what you had until it was taken away
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend