Author Topic: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 1736249 times)

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
Re: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD (sponsored by Jadon Sancho)
« Reply #2720 on: March 29, 2021, 09:19:42 pm »
With Aguero definitely leaving City in the summer, it’s clear they’ll go big on a striker. Haaland incoming?
They'll probably go for him, but if they want someone like for like, Lautaro reminds me of him quite a bit.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2721 on: April 1, 2021, 01:00:21 pm »
Haaland’s dad and agent meeting Barcelona today for transfer talks. Would much, much prefer that to him ending up at one of the Manchester clubs or Chelsea.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2722 on: April 1, 2021, 01:10:22 pm »
Haaland’s dad and agent meeting Barcelona today for transfer talks. Would much, much prefer that to him ending up at one of the Manchester clubs or Chelsea.

Still expecting him to end up in Manchester mainly because the big spanish clubs seem to be hit hard but yeah that would be much better.
Outside chance of Bayern and/or PSG joining in.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #2723 on: April 1, 2021, 01:12:58 pm »
I think Raiola will take him on a tour of all of the super clubs that will entertain a meeting with no guaranteed talks stemming from it. You'll see him at Juve, the Manchester Clubs, Chelsea, maybe even ourselves in the next few months. Certainly PSG and Real Madrid will want to speak with him.

Very interested to see where he lands, hopefully not City. Maybe the most contested footballer I can remember - in that due to his clause, pretty much all the big clubs can afford the fee (maybe not his mooted wages) and all the big clubs want him or have some form of need for a traditional striker.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2724 on: April 1, 2021, 01:15:07 pm »
Barca are £1bn in debt. Can't see it. Reckon Haaland ends up at city. Now FFP relaxed they will go full steam ahead.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2725 on: April 1, 2021, 01:37:07 pm »
As much as I like Haaland can you imagine what that prick of an agent of his would have been spouting this season with our form in the league? Every few weeks he would be piping up about how his client didn't join us to not be in the Champions League. Fuck Raiola.

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2726 on: April 1, 2021, 03:48:02 pm »
Haaland to Barca would surely make Messi to City much more likely? Very strange move for Haaland, assuming it happens.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2727 on: April 1, 2021, 04:11:01 pm »
Haaland to Barca would surely make Messi to City much more likely? Very strange move for Haaland, assuming it happens.

Raiola and Haaland's dad are now in Madrid so it's just a tour of big clubs. Clearly, they know every single one of them will move heaven on earth to land Haaland.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #2728 on: April 1, 2021, 04:25:45 pm »
Don’t think a billion of debt will stop Barca that much unless a lot of it is due soon. Club is worth what - 3 billion plus

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2729 on: April 1, 2021, 04:28:54 pm »
Don’t think a billion of debt will stop Barca that much unless a lot of it is due soon. Club is worth what - 3 billion plus

Think they have a large amount to refinance in the short term, and probably need to borrow more with the ongoing pandemic. They should have sold Messi last summer

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2730 on: April 1, 2021, 04:29:20 pm »
No bank in the world is calling in that debt. 

Similar to our situation under the cowboys.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #2731 on: April 1, 2021, 04:30:35 pm »
Think they have a large amount to refinance in the short term, and probably need to borrow more with the ongoing pandemic. They should have sold Messi last summer

They’ll be able to refinance is the thing
Yup they definitely should’ve sold him - insane decision.
But then it wouldn’t be a surprise if he signed another ridiculous contract there despite all the noise

Offline JordanTremenderson

• Kopite
« Reply #2732 on: April 1, 2021, 04:34:15 pm »
Hope it's true and Haaland goes to Barca.

Don't want him at City or Chelsea.

Messi to City could be a problem for us though.

But I believe we'll compete next season with City, regardless of who they buy.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2733 on: April 1, 2021, 05:01:13 pm »

Messi is a huge revenue generator for Barca, so much so that it nominally eclipses the cost to keep him by quite a margin, as a lot of their commercial deals are tied to his existence there. Hindsight suggests that no one knew COVID would last so long, but if they let him go last year with no replacement in sight, it would have presented other financial challenges.

Haaland will be a huge priority for them, but there is no way that he will replace Messi’s commercial value to the club. On the other hand, if City does get Messi, regardless of his on field performance, it will be a huge financial boon to their club long term.

Offline stara

• ra-boom-de-ay. RAWK's very own Dicktionary Corner.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2734 on: April 1, 2021, 05:06:28 pm »

And now we know, why UEFA relaxed fair play rules  ;)
50+1. Real FFP rules. Now.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #2735 on: April 1, 2021, 05:20:31 pm »
Barca are now stating they'll lose €350m for 20/21.  I believe this assumes Messi re-signs but either way I can't see how they're signing anybody this season:

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
« Reply #2736 on: April 1, 2021, 06:03:42 pm »
Barca are now stating they'll lose €350m for 20/21.  I believe this assumes Messi re-signs but either way I can't see how they're signing anybody this season:

it says on the bottom that said estimations assume Messi stays and they sign a "super star".

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #2737 on: April 1, 2021, 06:10:13 pm »
it says on the bottom that said estimations assume Messi stays and they sign a "super star".

At least from what I gather on Barca twitter that's for 21/22 projections.  20/21 they're losing €350m.

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
« Reply #2738 on: April 1, 2021, 06:45:50 pm »
At least from what I gather on Barca twitter that's for 21/22 projections.  20/21 they're losing €350m.

yeah, it'd be all numbers in red until 22/23 according to that.

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2739 on: April 1, 2021, 06:56:32 pm »
Raiola and Haaland's dad are now in Madrid so it's just a tour of big clubs. Clearly, they know every single one of them will move heaven on earth to land Haaland.

Thought that might have been the case. Barca would be a very odd move for him imo.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #2740 on: April 1, 2021, 08:19:57 pm »
I swear every summer for years we've heard that the big two in Spain are going to be cash strapped and definitely not going to be bringing in the most expensive players around. Heard it all before, and generally, they still tend to so. It's like when one of them gets a transfer ban but somehow still bring in a couple of megabucks signings in. It wouldn't even surprise me if Real Madrid outdid themselves and bought both of Haaland and Mbappe  ;D - seriously though, I'm 100% convinced they'll bring in one of them this summer. Likely Mbappe due to him only having a year left, but if for some reason they couldn't bring him in, I think they'd be more than happy with Haaland, because despite as good as Benzema has been, he is getting on a bit. Can't imagine Barca not spending too after another disappointing season so far. Those type of clubs won't appease their fans by standing still and being frugal.

Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #2741 on: April 1, 2021, 08:49:45 pm »

Zapata to Arsenal?

“My future in Premier League? Never say never in football... when I was a child, I was always watching the Premier League: I was an Arsenal fan! I woke up early every weekend to see their matches.”

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2742 on: April 1, 2021, 09:08:35 pm »
I swear every summer for years we've heard that the big two in Spain are going to be cash strapped and definitely not going to be bringing in the most expensive players around. Heard it all before, and generally, they still tend to so. It's like when one of them gets a transfer ban but somehow still bring in a couple of megabucks signings in. It wouldn't even surprise me if Real Madrid outdid themselves and bought both of Haaland and Mbappe  ;D - seriously though, I'm 100% convinced they'll bring in one of them this summer. Likely Mbappe due to him only having a year left, but if for some reason they couldn't bring him in, I think they'd be more than happy with Haaland, because despite as good as Benzema has been, he is getting on a bit. Can't imagine Barca not spending too after another disappointing season so far. Those type of clubs won't appease their fans by standing still and being frugal.

The Spanish clubs have received a lot of financial help from the government in order to cope with the effects of the pandemic. They won't be allowed to spend big this summer ...

Offline Wghennessy

• Embarassing
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2743 on: April 2, 2021, 08:11:20 am »
"Human rights on and off the pitch"

If Haaland means that he isn't signing for City.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #2744 on: April 2, 2021, 09:27:19 am »
Zapata to Arsenal?

“My future in Premier League? Never say never in football... when I was a child, I was always watching the Premier League: I was an Arsenal fan! I woke up early every weekend to see their matches.”
Duvan? They can have him to be honest!

Good player, perhaps a touch underrated because he's got a brilliant scoring record in Serie A, but he's 30 and never played outside of Italy in Europe. He's big and physical and is a decent hold up player, but I can't imagine with Aubameyang's wages and Lacazette seemingly being Arteta's favourite that they'd then bring in Zapata too, when Atalanta are very good at extracting decent value from teams.

I do think too, he's been enhanced at Atalanta. Don't get me wrong, he was okay at Napoli, good at Sampdoria and very good at Udinese, but Atalanta have a way of getting more out of a player. Illicic and Papu were around him for most of his spell. I think this would be a semi-expensive misfire.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #2745 on: April 2, 2021, 12:51:51 pm »
"Human rights on and off the pitch"

If Haaland means that he isn't signing for City.

Ilkay Gundogan wore a t-shirt supporting human rights the other day.

Football playres are generally dense. 

Manchester City’s own manager is football’s biggest hypocrite.  I’m sure you don’t honestly think wearing a t-shirt while playing for Norway will suddenly mean he’s going to turn down Abu Dhabi, if that is where he wants to go.

Offline Wullie160975

• Oor Wullie! Your Wullie! A'body's Wullie!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2746 on: April 2, 2021, 02:41:21 pm »
Man City unlikely to buy Sergio Aguero replacement this summer - Pep Guardiola

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56614329

Ha ha ha ha ha - yeah right
« Last Edit: April 2, 2021, 02:43:49 pm by Wullie160975 »

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #2747 on: April 2, 2021, 02:52:13 pm »

Covid had effects on them as well, can only buy 20 wing backs this year.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2748 on: April 2, 2021, 04:23:48 pm »

Well, the FFP rules haven't been changed or abolished yet, so he is telling the truth ...

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #2749 on: April 2, 2021, 04:39:35 pm »
Pep is full of it.

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #2750 on: April 4, 2021, 08:43:22 am »

Saw him peddling that rubbish, in one sentence saying it’s impossible and then ‘maybe it’s not likely’.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #2751 on: April 4, 2021, 04:21:34 pm »
Reports from the papers in Catalonia that this is what Raiola and Haaland’s father want, if he’s to sign for Barcelona:

RAC1 -
@gerardromero
 | Haaland's father and his agent, Mino Raiola, proposed these figures to Barça if they want to sign the striker:

Raiola - €20M
Haaland's father - €20M
Haaland wages - €30M net

+ the transfer fee [€150M]
+ the continuity of Messi

https://twitter.com/FCBRAC1/status/1378723679677378563?s=20

IF true, then it’s disgusting, agents and their hangers on need regulating.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2752 on: April 4, 2021, 04:35:12 pm »
Reports from the papers in Catalonia that this is what Raiola and Haaland’s father want, if he’s to sign for Barcelona:

RAC1 -
@gerardromero
 | Haaland's father and his agent, Mino Raiola, proposed these figures to Barça if they want to sign the striker:

Raiola - €20M
Haaland's father - €20M
Haaland wages - €30M net

Well, that was to be expected by Mino Raiola. It means that only the oil clubs will be in the running ...

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2753 on: April 4, 2021, 05:24:00 pm »

RAC1 -
@gerardromero

Raiola - €20M
Haaland's father - €20M
Haaland wages - €30M net

Honestly thought Raiola and the dad would be asking more than that given what they got from Dorrmund

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2754 on: April 4, 2021, 05:26:55 pm »
This is all very odd.

Everyone knows Barca as poor as a church mouse, that's just had an enormous tax bill on the very day his wife ran off with another mouse, taking all the cheese.

We all know that they can’t afford that.

So why publicise it?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #2755 on: April 4, 2021, 06:47:56 pm »
This is all very odd.

Everyone knows Barca as poor as a church mouse, that's just had an enormous tax bill on the very day his wife ran off with another mouse, taking all the cheese.

We all know that they can’t afford that.

So why publicise it?

Because I doubt most of their fans believe anything other than they should be able to sign anyone they want.  So leaking a bunch of crazy demands is an easier sell than explaining how financially ruined they are at the moment.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2756 on: April 4, 2021, 06:51:46 pm »
Because I doubt most of their fans believe anything other than they should be able to sign anyone they want.  So leaking a bunch of crazy demands is an easier sell than explaining how financially ruined they are at the moment.
Don’t think they’re that crazy though...  probably a fair reflection  of his value right now...

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2757 on: April 4, 2021, 07:28:22 pm »
Don’t think they’re that crazy though...  probably a fair reflection  of his value right now...

Transfer fee: €150 million
Agent fee: €20 million
Signing-on fee: €20 million
Wages: €600,000 per week (after taxes)

Nah, that is too much ...

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #2758 on: April 4, 2021, 10:19:49 pm »
Way to much for someone that ugly

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2759 on: April 5, 2021, 04:53:18 am »
Transfer fee: €150 million
Agent fee: €20 million
Signing-on fee: €20 million
Wages: €600,000 per week (after taxes)

Nah, that is too much ...

I don't think even City or PSG are paying that, imagine their wage bill increases if the likes of Neymar, De Bruyne, Sterling etc get wind of him getting paid that.