Author Topic: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 1738803 times)

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Re: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD (sponsored by Jadon Sancho)
« Reply #2600 on: March 15, 2021, 11:31:17 am »
Chelsea or even City I could see paying it.

If he doesn't want the Chelsea move, they will just wait and Raiola will build the money he missed from a higher sale this summer into contract negotiations next summer, thus making Haaland even more expensive to acquire from a wage and sign on fee perspective next year.

It wouldn't surprise me if with the way Raiola operates, that Haaland doesn't end up only costing a little bit more over the course of a 5 year deal to sign this year instead of next.

Yeah I am thinking he’ll wait, also Dortmund’s form is good now mostly, so I think they should make the CL again, plus Marco Rose coming in, a coach he knows, don’t think he’s going to be too desperate to move this summer baring something major happening. So he would leave at a time he will basically have his pick of clubs to choose from.

With Chelsea though - I see them trying, cos it’s a similar situation to last summer - trying to get players at a time when they know other teams can’t. I.E. us with Werner (if indeed we did still want him at the time), and also with Havertz, who was a player they didn’t really need at the time.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #2601 on: March 15, 2021, 12:31:50 pm »
Yeah I am thinking he’ll wait, also Dortmund’s form is good now mostly, so I think they should make the CL again, plus Marco Rose coming in, a coach he knows, don’t think he’s going to be too desperate to move this summer baring something major happening. So he would leave at a time he will basically have his pick of clubs to choose from.

With Chelsea though - I see them trying, cos it’s a similar situation to last summer - trying to get players at a time when they know other teams can’t. I.E. us with Werner (if indeed we did still want him at the time), and also with Havertz, who was a player they didn’t really need at the time.
I'm not sure of what structure Dortmun would accept on a transfer this summer, but you would imagine they'd at least want a lump sum that matches the amount that will need to be paid in it's entirety next year.

I agree though Dim - Dortmund should finish top 3 realistically and pretty much be where they are at now, next season, but with a better coach and hopefully more direction. He'll still only be 21 when the window opens next summer, I think staying in Dortmund for one more season is the call.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2602 on: March 15, 2021, 12:46:36 pm »
Don’t think anyone will pay €150m this summer. Might be interesting if it gets towards the end of summer and someone offers €100-120m though - it’s a big drop in fee from that to the 70odd mil the following summer.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2603 on: March 15, 2021, 12:53:42 pm »
Id be amazed if Dortmund turn down close to £100m for Haaland.

I imagine Chelsea and City are the favourites to sign him here in England.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2604 on: March 15, 2021, 12:54:58 pm »
I’d be very surprised if Chelsea splash that sort of money on another forward.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2605 on: March 15, 2021, 12:57:32 pm »
I’d be very surprised if Chelsea splash that sort of money on another forward.

I wouldn't. Their strategy is to acquire some of the top youngsters and I am pretty sure they will be selling a few. With the likes of Giroud, Werner, Pulisic, Ziyech, Hudson-Adoi and Abraham on the books, there is the potential to raise significant funds there.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2606 on: March 15, 2021, 12:57:52 pm »
It will be either manc clubs. He has the face of a manc.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2607 on: March 15, 2021, 12:59:49 pm »

Not sure United will be spending anywhere near that money. But City would and Haaland to City and Mbappe to Madrid seem the most nailed on in terms of big transfers.

Good chance though that both players stay and make those move the summer of 2022 though.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2608 on: March 15, 2021, 01:03:49 pm »
I wouldn't. Their strategy is to acquire some of the top youngsters and I am pretty sure they will be selling a few. With the likes of Giroud, Werner, Pulisic, Ziyech, Hudson-Adoi and Abraham on the books, there is the potential to raise significant funds there.

Giroud has little value. And can’t see Abraham going for all that much. The boat seems to have sailed on Adoi bringing in big bucks too.

Is anyone going to spend big on Pulisic? Can’t see a PL side spending big on Werner which certainly cuts down the number of clubs with money to spend.

Also their strategy has slightly changed from back when they stockpiled youngsters for relatively modest fees for the most part. Spending €100m+ on one really doesn’t fit in that strategy at all.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #2609 on: March 15, 2021, 01:21:08 pm »
I'm not sure of what structure Dortmun would accept on a transfer this summer, but you would imagine they'd at least want a lump sum that matches the amount that will need to be paid in it's entirety next year.

I agree though Dim - Dortmund should finish top 3 realistically and pretty much be where they are at now, next season, but with a better coach and hopefully more direction. He'll still only be 21 when the window opens next summer, I think staying in Dortmund for one more season is the call.

You’d think Dortmund would want a huge chunk of that upfront if it was to happen. Cos they’d need to do some serious buying if he goes and Sancho as well.   But yeah, at his age, 1 more year, playing for a familiar coach, wouldn’t be the worst thing for him to do.  And hopefully with fans back next season, he’ll get to play in one of the best stadiums with one of the best atmopsheres around. He can then pick who the heck he wants next summer and get a massive contract!

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2610 on: March 15, 2021, 01:39:18 pm »
Giroud has little value. And can’t see Abraham going for all that much. The boat seems to have sailed on Adoi bringing in big bucks too.

Is anyone going to spend big on Pulisic? Can’t see a PL side spending big on Werner which certainly cuts down the number of clubs with money to spend.

Also their strategy has slightly changed from back when they stockpiled youngsters for relatively modest fees for the most part. Spending €100m+ on one really doesn’t fit in that strategy at all.

They could easily raise £50m by selling two of those. We got half that for Brewster and all those players are better than him and many of them young. That gets you half the way there for Haaland.

They spent big last season on Chilwell, Werner and Havertz.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #2611 on: March 15, 2021, 03:06:54 pm »
. And can’t see Abraham going for all that much.

Huh?!

(we should buy him if true)

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2612 on: March 15, 2021, 03:20:35 pm »
Huh?!

I mean like £25m+ 

Not saying he isn’t worth it, but there are likely few teams at this moment in time who’d take that gamble.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #2613 on: March 15, 2021, 03:21:05 pm »
Huh?!

Abraham is refusing to sign a new contract - presumably because the lack of loyalty shown towards the likes of Giroud and support for people like Werner. The Haaland talk has probably not helped, as unrealistic as it might be.

Abraham would be a good buy at the right price, good numbers for his age and more to his game than maybe given credit for.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2614 on: March 15, 2021, 03:35:50 pm »
Oh wow - we should absolutely buy Tammy Abraham if he's got contract issues and he's gettable for 30 million ish

(if you instinctively disagree - make a list of <24 year old strikers with >.5 xG over the last two seasons in the top leagues)

« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 03:38:12 pm by JackWard33 »

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2615 on: March 15, 2021, 03:39:26 pm »
How did I know Jack’s post would mention xG  ;D

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2616 on: March 15, 2021, 03:44:53 pm »
How did I know Jack’s post would mention xG  ;D

He is basically an xG robot at this point  ;D

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #2617 on: March 15, 2021, 03:48:12 pm »
It's clear enough that we rely on stats like that though, so he's not really out of place bringing it up?
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2618 on: March 15, 2021, 03:50:52 pm »
It's clear enough that we rely on stats like that though, so he's not really out of place bringing it up?

Not having a go at him bringing it up so much, it’s more than relevant. I just knew it would be mentioned is all ;D

Abraham would prob be a good signing for someone, would I like to see up spending £25m+ on him? Prob not. He clearly wants game time and I’d rather we looked at someone ready developed for our starting central striker role.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2619 on: March 15, 2021, 03:52:45 pm »
Not having a go at him bringing it up so much, it’s more than relevant. I just knew it would be mentioned is all ;D

Abraham would prob be a good signing for someone, would I like to see up spending £25m+ on him? Prob not. He clearly wants game time and I’d rather we looked at someone ready developed for our starting central striker role.

If we were spending £25m-£30m on a striker though then he probably should be high on the list.

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #2620 on: March 15, 2021, 03:56:30 pm »

I don't have too strong an opinion on Abraham myself, but the more I think about it if he was going for around those numbers we would certainly be looking at him. He ticks the very tall box also.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2621 on: March 15, 2021, 04:00:24 pm »
I mentioned Abraham around a month ago some might laugh but his record is good.

He is EPL proven, played in CL/EL, British for HG rules, young, quick.

Depends on price but £35m is tempting.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2622 on: March 15, 2021, 04:00:31 pm »
He is basically an xG robot at this point  ;D

Agreed :) ...... but don't hate the player hate the game.... its the way our executive identify and sign forwards.
If Abraham is under priced and we need a young 9 (which we do) they'll be all over it I'm guessing

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2623 on: March 15, 2021, 04:06:36 pm »
Abraham is a little basic in his game, but if we continue to insist on the brainless crossing he might be worth 5-10 goals over Firmino from them over the course of the season.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2624 on: March 15, 2021, 04:38:37 pm »

Didn't say he was, Flash.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2625 on: March 15, 2021, 04:40:43 pm »

It'll be Man City. Makes too much sense

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2626 on: March 15, 2021, 04:45:52 pm »
It'll be Man City. Makes too much sense

Sadly I expect them to buy him and Grealish this summer - Klopp's genius temporarily masked that this league is now Formula 1...

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #2627 on: March 15, 2021, 05:40:57 pm »
I get that we all view things with red tinted glasses but anybody that thinks Abraham is shit or even wouldn't be a good addition here if available is out of their mind.

Online plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2628 on: March 15, 2021, 06:10:44 pm »
I get that we all view things with red tinted glasses but anybody that thinks Abraham is shit or even wouldn't be a good addition here if available is out of their mind.

I don't think anyone on here mentioned that he is shit did they?

I agree that Abraham would be a good addition to this team. But the question is would he be a better option than other targets out there? I don't believe that we would buy Abraham and then another forward. Unless we of course sold one.
And we are not the club to spend £25-35m + on a player that we didn't believe in. So Abraham would be an investment, and that would also mean we would buy him ahead of other players. And that makes me less sure of him, even with a low transfer fee to tempt us.

He's absolutely good, but I feel there are better targets out there for us in the long term. But I wouldn't be too sad if we ended up with him.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2629 on: March 15, 2021, 06:16:43 pm »

I agree that Abraham would be a good addition to this team. But the question is would he be a better option than other targets out there? I don't believe that we would buy Abraham and then another forward. Unless we of course sold one.
And we are not the club to spend £25-35m + on a player that we didn't believe in. So Abraham would be an investment, and that would also mean we would buy him ahead of other players. And that makes me less sure of him, even with a low transfer fee to tempt us.

He's absolutely good, but I feel there are better targets out there for us in the long term. But I wouldn't be too sad if we ended up with him.

Who would there be out there better for £25-30m?

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #2630 on: March 15, 2021, 06:20:20 pm »

Unless you're talking Mbappe or Haaland then there is basically nobody else in his age bracket that is better. 

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2631 on: March 15, 2021, 06:22:24 pm »

Don’t think anyone said he was shit.

As for being a good addition, transfers are all about opinions. I’d just rather we aim higher for a new starting 9 and don’t think we’d also be signing someone like Abraham as another option.

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #2632 on: March 15, 2021, 06:31:24 pm »

As for being a good addition, transfers are all about opinions. I’d just rather we aim higher for a new starting 9 and don’t think we’d also be signing someone like Abraham as another option.

I'm all ears for who would be a better option as a #9 bar Mbappe or Haaland.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2633 on: March 15, 2021, 06:32:53 pm »
Do we know Abraham is available at £25-30m?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2634 on: March 15, 2021, 06:37:53 pm »
I'm all ears for who would be a better option as a #9 bar Mbappe or Haaland.

Well given Abraham is far from the 3rd best forward in the world, nearly everyone after those two until you get to him in the list.

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2635 on: March 15, 2021, 06:42:12 pm »

Agreed, Abraham would represent an improvement on Origi, however like you - I believe we need to aim higher for a first 11 player.

Online plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2636 on: March 15, 2021, 06:43:01 pm »
Who would there be out there better for £25-30m?

I didn't say that we should only look at the £25-30m bracket, did I? My point was that we are probably only going to buy one striker/forward this summer. And then I don't care about the price if it's £5m or £50m (whatever is realistic though). The main focus is to buy the right player for us. And yeah Abraham as I said could do a good job, and I would feel it would be an ok target. But I feel there could be better targets out there. And no I am not a full-time scout so I won't give you a list of targets. But I have mentioned 3-4 names of interest in this thread in the past few pages. But I expect and hope that the club knows a lot more than me about this.

Online plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2637 on: March 15, 2021, 06:44:16 pm »
Unless you're talking Mbappe or Haaland then there is basically nobody else in his age bracket that is better.

Excuse me? There is no one better in his age bracket besides Haaland or Mbappe? Ok if that's your honest belief then I'll just leave you to it.

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #2638 on: March 15, 2021, 06:45:56 pm »
Well given Abraham is far from the 3rd best forward in the world, nearly everyone after those two until you get to him in the list.

So you got nothing?  Cool, thanks for responding.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2639 on: March 15, 2021, 06:49:07 pm »
So you got nothing?  Cool, thanks for responding.

What a weird reply.

I gave you my answer - there are literally tens (100+ maybe) of players between the two you mentioned and Abraham in terms of ability.

If you think Abraham is the 3rd best striker in the world (who doesn’t play for us already) then great, however you’re either his dad or his agent if that’s the case.