Author Topic: COVID19: reddebs's Random Acts Of Kindness & Global Good News Care Stories (*)  (Read 19607 times)

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
Re: COVID19 - Random Acts Of Kindness & Global Good News Care Stories
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2020, 10:04:41 pm »
Not an act of kindness or a care story but certainly good news.
Act of mercy more like..... :wave

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2020, 06:38:31 am »
Folding@Home asked gaming companies to highlight that gamers could contribute PC resources towards finding a cure for a number of things from coronovirus stuff to cancer. What they do is process how proteins move and, knowing that, can figure out ways to make medicine more effective against eg a virus. They break the work into much smaller units and then send it out to home computers to process in the background.

https://foldingathome.org/2020/03/15/coronavirus-what-were-doing-and-how-you-can-help-in-simple-terms/

Four days later.

Why has my machine not received any work units (WUs)?

We have been overwhelmed with support and donations, so our servers had to suddenly accommodate a large number of returned WUs. We are working on expanding our memory. Please bear with us as we address this surge.

Twitter FAQs
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 07:22:46 am by Zeb »
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2020, 07:06:55 am »
The National Trust are being incredibly generous, look after your well-being:

To paraphrase the link attached...the National Trust have agreed to remove all pay barriers from National Trust parks and Gardens. This will support efforts to be socially distancing and the need to be outside in nature for mental wellbeing. It means that all the grounds behind pay barriers will now be open for everyone. In addition all carparking chargers will be removed. You can enjoy the open space and keep your social distance as per the government advice.

Cafes, houses, retail and events are not taking place - So take a sandwich and talk to one another from a safe distance [emoji6]

Stay at home as much as you can, but when you need it - nature is there for you and free!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2020, 01:38:50 pm »
Another store doing their bit.

Just been in Asda and a worker there told me they have a new system.  If you can’t get the nappy’s you want then you can order them at Asda pharmacy and they will get them delivered for you.

Please share as I know lots of my friends can’t get nappies for their baby’s.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Thought it was nice to see student nurses volunteering to be on the front line in hospitals and Doctors surgeries

(Though got into an instant argument with the missus as she was saying they should be paid - yeah, they should be, but I was admiring the fact they volunteered for this selflessly during this crisis)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
Anecdotes are of course very much welcomed here - however, I'm hoping later to use this as a source for good news stories once all this has settled down, so if you find anything with a verifiable source, please add it :thumbup

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
This is a GREAT idea!!!! Spread the word! :champ

People are being encouraged to put up Christmas lights to spread cheer while they're social distancing
By Harmeet Kaur, CNN

As coronavirus has infected every state in the nation and people are stuck inside their homes in an attempt to prevent it from spreading even more, things are feeling a little bleak.

So some are trying to spread a little hope and cheer instead. People around the country are putting up their Christmas lights and encouraging others to do the same. The idea is that twinkling, colorful lights will lift spirits during these dark times. And it doubles as a social distancing activity: people can admire the lights from the safety of their own homes or cars.

Over the weekend, Lane Grindle, a broadcaster for the Milwaukee Brewers, posted a callout on Twitter.

Lane Grindle

@lanegrindle
What if we all put our Christmas lights back up? Then we could get in the car and drive around and look at them. That seems like a fair social distancing activity.

Dozens responded with enthusiasm, with a couple even posting photos of the lights on in their front yard.

In Cumberland, Rhode Island, a 10-year-old boy had a similar idea. "Hey dad, can we turn the Christmas lights on?" Holly Griffin says her son asked her husband. "I want something to look at."
The family put up their lights and decided that they'd keep them on until social distancing protocols were no longer in place. Griffin and her husband both encouraged others to do the same on social media.

Since then, they've received messages from people all around the country.

Someone in Louisiana replied to Mike Griffin's tweet saying that she put her Christmas lights up at 1 a.m. after reading about it, and shared it with others in her community too.

Even someone in the United Kingdom from people messaged them, excited about the idea.

"Times are dark and there's light to be spread," Griffin told CNN. "Now more than ever is a time to be looking outside yourself. I think taking our mental health seriously is really important and just hearing bad news all the time can really make that multiply."

The lights are a small gesture, Griffin says, but she said she hopes that when first responders, grocery store workers and pharmacists drive by that it might bring a smile to their face. "It's the little things we can do to feel connected," she said.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/18/us/social-distancing-christmas-lights-trnd/index.html
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
If anyone lives in Cheshire, the council have shared a link for people to register to volunteer to help within the community. Quite a few of us were pushing them to do this but it seems they already had it in mind.

https://www.cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk/news-and-views/incidents/coronavirus-covid-19/how-you-can-help.aspx
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
Am hearing that cabbies in Libpool are driving old people to stores for free to do shopping. Looking for verification. Anyone got anything?

Just asked Steve Kelly - he hadn't heard but said he's thinking of igniting some spark of good somehow - will post when he does.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
For some reason, out of all the kind acts and generosity so far, this has really got to me.  It's a pub in Featherstone so you need to read it in a Yorkshire accent!

Something me n Karen have been discussing all last week, looks like it will come to pass sooner rather than later.  If the pub isn't forced to close its doors by law, we have decided to give a bit back to the town because this is the right thing to do.

When the schools shut down (and they will) kids who rely on a school dinner as their main meal will miss out, so any parent who's worried their gonna be extra stretched during this time, we will help give your kids some hot snap.  It may not be what they're used to but we will be serving some good old 1970s meals like, Take it or leave it & that old favourite of mine, Like it or lump it but more than likely it will be sausage n chips, a stew and what me mam always told us to do "fill up on bread you little bleeders".

I will post up later whats happening when we find out about the schools. Dont worry about being judged, this is about Fev pulling together as we all should do.  If anyone would like to help serve the food it will be appreciated, as will any donations towards it i.e a loaf of bread or some veg if youve got some spare down allotments.  Anyone working in towns supermarkets, ask if they've owt theyre throwing away we can use.  If you know of any old fogeys that need a meal delivering we will try and sort that aswell.

You can stick your corona virus up yer arse, All Fev are we :)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Am hearing that cabbies in Libpool are driving old people to stores for free to do shopping. Looking for verification. Anyone got anything?

Just asked Steve Kelly - he hadn't heard but said he's thinking of igniting some spark of good somehow - will post when he does.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/kind-hearted-taxi-drivers-offer-17946642

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Bless him.  He's in Dublin guys if anyone could use his help.  Brian Lawless on Facebook.

My job has been closed for 3 weeks. Im a professional chef so if any carehomes or medical facilities are in need of an extra pare of hands in their kitchens please give me a shout .....
Also if theres any elderly whos home care has been effected and need something as simple as a bit of breakfast made , please do not hesitate to contact me ...
No charge !
Thanks

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
There’s some people showing themselves to be absolute heroes. And then there’s Richard Branson.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Stephen Colbert soldiers on. :)

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/wPTTbTRxBsg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/wPTTbTRxBsg</a>
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Trevor Noah talks social distancing and Corona.

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/yhB9D06_ef4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/yhB9D06_ef4</a>
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

We have a local app that are doing free deliveries for elderly and vulnerable - typically some c*nts are abusing it and I hope this doesn't mean they have to stop.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Live PE lessons for kids whilst they're off school.

https://m.facebook.com/100000433445265/posts/3178405732183844/?notif_id=1584634615573945&notif_t=story_reshare&ref=notif

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 05:34:56 pm by BlackandWhitePaul »

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
I was asked to post this by @24/50 geek Greegs and Mac D's are giving Emergency Service Personnel and Health and Social Care Workers free hot drinks. Here is the link

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/free-free-hot-drinks-for-all-emergency-service-personnel-and-health-and-social-care-workers-at-greggs-3424200

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Another special treat for our NHS and government workers from a hotel near to me.

To show our appreciation to the amazing people who work in the NHS, Care Sectors and the Government...

[emoji477]Your hot drinks are on the house from today
[emoji386] We'll take 50% off your food bill
[emoji140] Pamper yourself with 50% off all pre-booked spa treatments

Thank you for everything you are doing. We look forward to serving you [emoji3590]

Please show your NHS badge or ID to claim your discount

Valid throughout March & April, excludes spa packages

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1923505617781477&id=786275111504539

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'm loving all the posts in here. 

It's fabulous how creative some people have been especially the ones for the kids.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Medical help!!

[emoji3482][emoji3544] Those of you with pre-existing respiratory conditions such as COPD or asthma can contact your GP for a 'Rescue Pack'. It gives you a 5 day supply of a corticosteroid (prednisolone) and a 5 day supply of an antibiotic (usually amoxicillin or doxycycline) which can be started immediately if you develop any breathing issues.

Please share!

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
RGNs needed to man new 111 phone lines from home.

The company I work for are looking for Registered General Nurses interested in working from home on a Coronavirus telephone helpline.

You can do as many or few shifts as you like - shifts are 8am - 12, 12 - 4pm, 4pm - 8pm.

You need to have a current NMC PIN no, mobile or landline and computer to submit tracker.

It's being set up due to 111 being swamped.  It's a phone line for employees of big companies to call for reassurance, support & general information but with a human touch.

You would be provided with training slides, information, phone scripts & an activity tracker to help you.

If you're interested please PM me & I'll put you in touch with the Manager responsible for the phone line.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/645881109136337?view=permalink&id=1266770467047395

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Chefs across the US are transforming their restaurants into relief centers for laid off restaurant workers
Alicia Lee, CNN

(CNN) — Award-winning chefs across the US are stepping up to help their own during the coronavirus pandemic.

With the rising number of coronavirus cases, countless states announced this week that restaurants and bars must close their dining rooms and move to delivery or take-out services only. The crackdown left millions of restaurant workers in states such as California, Kentucky, Connecticut and New York without jobs.

For Chef Edward Lee, the layoffs felt personal. As someone who has restaurants across the country, he knew his friends and co-workers would struggle in wake of such strict measures. He quickly took action, using his nonprofit -- the LEE Initiative -- to launch a Restaurant Workers Relief Program. By Wednesday, Lee had turned his Louisville, Kentucky restaurant 610 Magnolia into a makeshift relief center.

"People are going hungry and no one has paychecks and no one knows what the future is," Lee told CNN. "We saw an immediate need to open up our kitchen to help the millions of restaurant workers that are out of work, many of whom are living paycheck to paycheck."

Working out of the restaurant's catering kitchen, volunteers gave out hundreds of toiletries, cleaning supplies, diapers and meals to laid off restaurant workers in the city.

His efforts caught the attention of other chefs. With financial support from whiskey brand Maker's Mark, the program has now expanded to Cincinnati via chef Jose Salazar, Los Angeles via chef Nancy Silverton's Pizzeria Mozza, and Washington, DC via Lee's restaurant Succotash. There are plans to expand the program to Seattle and New York as well, said Collis Hillebrand, executive director at Wagstaff Worldwide, a hospitality-focused public relations and marketing company that is working with the LEE Initiative.

"In so many cities around the world, (service workers) are so important to the cultural fabric of our community, but many of them don't have a safety net," Rob Samuels, managing director of Maker's Mark Distillery, said. "We're deeply committed to do everything we can to step up and help these people in the restaurant industry."

The program has enough donations to keep the program going in five cities for two weeks, Lee's spokesman said. In order to keep providing food and supplies to restaurant workers, the program is seeking additional donations.

New York chefs commit to one million gallons of soup

Meanwhile, in New York, a separate coalition of chefs led by chef Eric Korn and restaurateur Louie Lanza, have set a goal to cook 1 million gallons of soup to provide restaurant workers.
The goal of the initiative, aptly called Million Gallons, is to get local chefs in New York to take the ingredients in their restaurants and cook soup for the restaurant workers who have lost their jobs due to layoffs amid coronavirus concerns.

"All of our walk in boxes are full of produce that is going to waste," Korn said in a message to other chefs on Million Gallons' website. "In two weeks, our city and maybe our country will be faced with figuring out food. This is one of those rare times in our lives where we truly have the opportunity to step up."

Why soup? Because "it makes sense for so many reasons," Korn told CNN affiliate WABC. "It's safe, we boil soup, and freeze and store it in quart containers. It makes logistic sense, it's easy to store and move. It makes health sense, it can be boiled to be reheated, so we know it will be safe to eat."

Feeding America in a time of crisis

Of course, restaurant workers are not the only ones hit hard by this crisis. The US Labor Department reported that more than 280,000 Americans filed for unemployment benefits last week. From hair stylists to babysitters, nearly 80 million jobs in the US were at high or moderate risk Monday, according to Moody's Analytics.

With food being an absolute necessity to survive, many organizations are doing what they can to keep Americans from going hungry.

Non-profit organization Rethink Food NYC set up a program that will provide 30 New York restaurants with $40,000 to change their operation model into a food distribution center for the time being.
Celebrity chef José Andrés, who has mobilized his charity World Central Kitchen to feed people in numerous times of crises, is transforming some of his restaurants in Washington, DC, New York and Maryland into community kitchens to provide meals for anybody in need.

José Andrés

@chefjoseandres
How do our #ChefsForAmerica Community Kitchens work? Watch!! This can be a blueprint for restaurants all across America looking to stay open....and offering affordable or free meals to those in need while staying safe! Together, we can help feed our communities! @WCKitchen

The meals will be sold at reduced prices or even for free for those who can't afford them, according to Andrés. "They can pay us later in the future," Andrés told CNN's Chris Cuomo. "Now, we need to be here for the American people. This is used to show one of the many ways that we should be thinking in the weeks to come as this gets worse and worse, how we can be together, feeding America."

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/coronavirus-restaurant-workers-relief-trnd/index.html
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
Speaking with a friend of the owner of Ocado right now.

Ocado are resuming a streamlined service tomorrow but will prioritise their time slots to ensure supplying NHS and other essential services.

This is in response to the panic buying culture that's sprung up.

Not official news yet - doubtless there'll be a link at some point.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
Manchester Evening News have nicked Debs' idea: https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/amazing-things-people-greater-manchester-17947422

(some nice things on it from across Greater Manchester)
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
For anyone that works for the NHS....

On our work website (Tesco Staff) They've put a message that NHS staff and tesco workers can shop on a sunday morning an hour before opening granted they provide i.d as proof they work for NHS or tesco, i think this is only in the large stores though

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
".....you need your fuckin lungs....."

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/iFLSG-7K3Tc&amp;feature=youtu.be&amp;fbclid=IwAR037mkC0ZsTjpUHJoLVBUuAIOwtpRNEgi0-IfOby20ykvMwzucQEZOiKxI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/iFLSG-7K3Tc&amp;feature=youtu.be&amp;fbclid=IwAR037mkC0ZsTjpUHJoLVBUuAIOwtpRNEgi0-IfOby20ykvMwzucQEZOiKxI</a>

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Not a random act of kindness as it where, but I'm just saying this here, rather than in the general thread:

I'm sure I can't be the only one appreciative of the community here on RAWK at a time like this.

I'm especially appreciative, as I live a long way from home, and live in a country where I don't really know many people at all. So as shite as a lot of the news may be, having the threads here, both the general one on Covid19 and the sport-centred ones is actually a good thing for me, and I'm sure others. It makes me certainly realise that we are in it together, and the support, especially when you don't have it locally, is important.

So the random act of kindness many here are doing is probably not even realised!

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
Not a random act of kindness as it where, but I'm just saying this here, rather than in the general thread:

I'm sure I can't be the only one appreciative of the community here on RAWK at a time like this.

I'm especially appreciative, as I live a long way from home, and live in a country where I don't really know many people at all. So as shite as a lot of the news may be, having the threads here, both the general one on Covid19 and the sport-centred ones is actually a good thing for me, and I'm sure others. It makes me certainly realise that we are in it together, and the support, especially when you don't have it locally, is important.

So the random act of kindness many here are doing is probably not even realised!
Feelin the lov, broheem - I fuckin love this site for the very reasons you mention. <3

It's also why I renamed the thread for reddebs ;D

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Feelin the lov, broheem - I fuckin love this site for the very reasons you mention. <3

It's also why I renamed the thread for reddebs ;D
Awe thank you I'm feeling the love too [emoji106]

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Medical help!!

[emoji3482][emoji3544] Those of you with pre-existing respiratory conditions such as COPD or asthma can contact your GP for a 'Rescue Pack'. It gives you a 5 day supply of a corticosteroid (prednisolone) and a 5 day supply of an antibiotic (usually amoxicillin or doxycycline) which can be started immediately if you develop any breathing issues.

Please share!

Where’s that from? Haven’t seen anything on my surgery website or elsewhere.

Online CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
What a brilliant yet sad night, landlord shut the doors at 6-ish(I was the door monitor) and we drank the place dry free of charge. End of the night he sold all the bottles off. I've already stocked up, but treated melsef to a litre bottle of Courvoisier Cognac, for £12.50. Quite sad and eerie in a way seeing all the shelves empty.

We all had a hug and went on our way into the night about 11pm, all saying the same, when, even if, we will all see one another again, though all promising to look out for one another.

There is a lot to be said about session drinkers, but we're a loyal, honest, stoic bunch, thats for sure.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Where’s that from? Haven’t seen anything on my surgery website or elsewhere.
This is the link I was given mate

https://www.pcrs-uk.org

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
This is the link I was given mate

https://www.pcrs-uk.org

Thanks. Seems like a good idea as it could prevent complications.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
RGNs needed to man new 111 phone lines from home.

The company I work for are looking for Registered General Nurses interested in working from home on a Coronavirus telephone helpline.

You can do as many or few shifts as you like - shifts are 8am - 12, 12 - 4pm, 4pm - 8pm.

You need to have a current NMC PIN no, mobile or landline and computer to submit tracker.

It's being set up due to 111 being swamped.  It's a phone line for employees of big companies to call for reassurance, support & general information but with a human touch.

You would be provided with training slides, information, phone scripts & an activity tracker to help you.

If you're interested please PM me & I'll put you in touch with the Manager responsible for the phone line.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/645881109136337?view=permalink&id=1266770467047395

Has anyone looked into this and got details? Or can verify this?

My mum is considering going back into work having retired. She's amazing. But I'd really rather she worked from home if at all possible.

Thanks!

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
Just got a reply ftom Tescos on Twitter.

Fanxxxxtastic-Trada
‏ @Fanxxxxtastic
Mar 19

@sainsburys @asda @Tesco @LidlGB @IcelandFoods

Something needs to be done to make sure NHS staff etc can get groceries, reading so many posts of nurses and doctors etc finishing their shifts and being met with empty shelves.

Tesco
‏Verified account @Tesco
Replying to @Fanxxxxtastic

Hello. We're going to introduce a special hour in our large stores and metros in Scotland, England, Wales and Northern Ireland for Tesco colleagues and NHS workers as a thank you for all they are doing. This will start Sunday 22nd March. 1/4
10:44 AM - 21 Mar 2020

These customers and colleagues can come to our large stores one hour before the usual store opening time every Sunday, and will be able to browse the store and select your shopping before the checkouts open. Please just bring a form of work ID. 2/4

We'll be asking all other customers to be respectful of this and to shop during the usual Sunday opening hours. 3/4

No transactions can be put through checkouts until the store officially opens. This gives NHS staff and Tesco group colleagues the opportunity to browse and fill their basket/trolley ahead of the official store opening hours. TY - Jen 4/4
This will get lost in the melée and chaos of the 'general shite' thread.