Author Topic: Skybet Championship Thread  (Read 186331 times)

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
Re: Skybet Championship Thread
« Reply #1360 on: May 8, 2021, 01:22:40 pm »
Wycombe going down but they've gave it some go given it's their first season ever at 2nd division level.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #1361 on: May 8, 2021, 01:23:42 pm »
These commentators going on about it being offside  :butt

There was another guy way nearer the camera, playing him on.
AHA!

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1362 on: May 8, 2021, 01:24:11 pm »
VAR would have called that offside in the premier league too. :lmao
#Sausages

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1363 on: May 8, 2021, 01:31:16 pm »
These commentators going on about it being offside  :butt

There was another guy way nearer the camera, playing him on.

It's these idiots who micro-analyse every decision (often wrongly) that led to VAR.

It's another one of the problems with VAR as well. You watch a game in The Championship and you keep expecting Var to get involved when there's a goal or a penalty shout or something.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1364 on: May 8, 2021, 01:47:57 pm »
Derby equaliser.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1365 on: May 8, 2021, 01:51:13 pm »
Derby lead 2-1
#Sausages

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1366 on: May 8, 2021, 01:51:18 pm »
Quality goal to put Derby ahead

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #1367 on: May 8, 2021, 01:51:20 pm »
I'd be enjoying this Derby game if it wasn't for Andy Harry-Enfield-Only-Me cunting Hinchcliffe..
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1368 on: May 8, 2021, 02:01:13 pm »
2-2.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #1369 on: May 8, 2021, 02:01:36 pm »
Wednesday level and Derby back in the relegation places as it stands. Their game is ten minutes behind like.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1370 on: May 8, 2021, 02:07:31 pm »
3-2 Wednesday. Crazy game this.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1371 on: May 8, 2021, 02:09:03 pm »
VAR would have called that for offside as well as Wednesday's first goal. :lmao
#Sausages

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1372 on: May 8, 2021, 02:11:08 pm »
Looked like the keepers.foot was further back than the goalscorer from the camera in line with the goal

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1373 on: May 8, 2021, 02:13:07 pm »
Looked like the keepers.foot was further back than the goalscorer from the camera in line with the goal

Maybe, but you know what VAR is like for any excuse to give it offside. ;)
#Sausages

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1374 on: May 8, 2021, 02:15:59 pm »
Penalty Derby, 3-3.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #1375 on: May 8, 2021, 02:16:14 pm »
Cardiff and Derby score, surely it's Rotherham down now.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1376 on: May 8, 2021, 02:21:14 pm »
Derby mess up a clear one on one, huge chance

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1377 on: May 8, 2021, 02:21:53 pm »
As it stands Derby are staying up, Rotherham & Wednesday relegated.

Wednesday need to win to stay up, & Rotherham need to win & Derby not to win to stay up.

#Sausages

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1378 on: May 8, 2021, 02:24:08 pm »
Cardiff vs Rotherham finishes 1-1, Rotherham are relegated.
#Sausages

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #1379 on: May 8, 2021, 02:24:50 pm »
Been keeping an on the scores, but which I'd watched this - looks like it's been the sort of bonkers last day that you get every few years.

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1380 on: May 8, 2021, 02:26:45 pm »
Derby staying up as long as they don't concede.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #1381 on: May 8, 2021, 02:27:34 pm »
Just goes to show what a good manager Frank Lampard is, getting this lot into the playoffs when he did  :P
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #1382 on: May 8, 2021, 02:35:44 pm »
Interesting to see where Adam Armstrong of Blackburn is playing his football next season. 27 goals in 40 appearances for him, only behind Toney's 31.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1383 on: May 8, 2021, 02:36:35 pm »
Derby finishes 3-3,  Wednesday relegated
#Sausages

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #1384 on: May 8, 2021, 02:37:18 pm »
Derby escape by the skin of their teeth.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1385 on: May 8, 2021, 02:38:10 pm »
Cracking game to be fair 3-3.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1386 on: May 8, 2021, 02:38:12 pm »
Derby finishes 3-3,  Wednesday relegated

You just know Rooney is going to be lauded for this. Saw them wheeling out all of the excuses yesterday.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #1387 on: May 8, 2021, 03:12:47 pm »
Made up Sheff Wed are down. The further that ground is away from the Prem, the better.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #1388 on: May 8, 2021, 03:34:05 pm »
Made up Sheff Wed are down. The further that ground is away from the Prem, the better.

Yep, always thought this. When they were in the play off final the other year I was really glad they lost it.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1389 on: May 8, 2021, 03:42:37 pm »

This is what I mean about watching games on TV now with no VAR. Every other goal scored you just think 'VAR would have ruled that out', or 'the lines would be out now'. It's completely changed the feel of the sport.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #1390 on: May 13, 2021, 02:57:14 pm »
Brentford the bookies favourite to win the play offs, then Bournemouth, then Barnsley surprisingly ahead of Swansea.

I think it will be one of Brentford or Bournemouth, hopefully the former. For the Premier League, I don't think it's great to have the completely bank rolled and non-sufficient Bournemouth back in the league (an issue for the Championship too) although they played some alright stuff and were often an easy 3 points for us.

Brentford play nice football, are progressive and keep just about missing out. I was quite vocal that after Brentford failed to come up last season, I didn't think they'd get another chance for a few years. Little did I know that Bryan Mbeumo would morph from secondary striker to playmaker and that Ivan Toney would score a record amount of goals as well as chip in 10 assists. Mad stats. Be good to see one of the finest scouting set ups in England rewarded somewhat.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #1391 on: May 13, 2021, 03:02:53 pm »

Christ Terry haven't seen you about in years. Hope you're well pal. :wave
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #1392 on: May 13, 2021, 03:02:58 pm »
How good is Ivan Toney? I’ve not seen enough to make a proper judgement, love his penalties though! How does he compare to Watkins and could he be one worth taking a punt on, without his mid-table stepping stone club, which obviously drives his price up massively?
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1393 on: May 13, 2021, 03:16:08 pm »
At least if Bournemouth come back up, they can buy all our cast offs for ridiculously inflated prices.  ;D

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #1394 on: May 13, 2021, 03:16:16 pm »
This is what I mean about watching games on TV now with no VAR. Every other goal scored you just think 'VAR would have ruled that out', or 'the lines would be out now'. It's completely changed the feel of the sport.
That mad Watford-Leicester playoff ending years back with the Almunia penalty save and the Deeney goal at the other end would take about 10 minutes to review and absolutely nobody would care when the final decision came through.  All the spontaneity is gone from the game.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1395 on: May 13, 2021, 03:21:36 pm »
How good is Ivan Toney? I’ve not seen enough to make a proper judgement, love his penalties though! How does he compare to Watkins and could he be one worth taking a punt on, without his mid-table stepping stone club, which obviously drives his price up massively?
I think given his ease of transition into the Championship that he probably costs the same as what Villa got paid Watkins (£32m), if not more because he's broken the Championship goal scoring record and also got 10 assists on top of that. It would not surprise me, if they get promoted, if Brentford say £40m is the going rate. For which you could sign a player of much more pedigree really.

It's worth noting Toney is a bit older than Watkins, and now in his 'peak' years for a striker (he's 25), and Watkins whilst climbing a similar path was a repurposed winger until Villa have played him upfront all season - he had the one season as the central striker prior. It's so hard to gauge just how good he is - he's scored bags in an attacking Peterborough side then absolutely pissed the step up in quality to the Championship and scored even more, again in an attacking side but not a settled one - they obviously lost Watkins and crucially Benrahma (who has disappointed against his fee - decent enough assist rate but zero goals and fairly average progressives seeing as he looked as though he could dribble through an entire team and back again in the division below).

Toney certainly doesn't lack confidence - he recently said 'I'm the best player in the football league' and to be honest, it's hard to argue with that. He's quick, good in the air, instinctive around goal, takes up good positions, is physical and a set piece threat. He is also very good with his decision making around the box and his hold up play, which is why he's got double digit assists. He's a more traditional centre forward than Ollie Watkins, who's a versatile wide forward really. Arsenal and Leeds the two most linked to him - I think he's definitely good enough for the Premier League, but if you were to push me, he's going to be a bracket below the top forwards. He definitely gets you 15 a season in the league and links up well with your wide players, but I don't think he's taking apart Real Madrid at the Bernabeu any time soon.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1396 on: May 13, 2021, 03:23:33 pm »
He'll definitely be in the PL one way or the other next season. Palace and Brighton are crying out for a striker. West ham also, as Antonio has fitness issues. Hell, even Spurs if Kane goes.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1397 on: May 13, 2021, 03:28:18 pm »
He'll definitely be in the PL one way or the other next season. Palace and Brighton are crying out for a striker. West ham also, as Antonio has fitness issues. Hell, even Spurs if Kane goes.
He will though - whether there's the capability or appetite from any of those clubs to spend £40m on one player will be the test though. Spurs did baulk at £32m for Watkins but they've seemingly been burned with that one, so may have more faith in a similar priced move for Toney, and that may be one of the few options available if they do sell Kane.

West Ham makes sense. They dropped a big fee on Haller and don't have an out and out centre forward that's consistent. Soucek and Anthonio are their main source of goals at present.

I can genuinely see Leeds stumping up the money or Arsenal pulling their usual trick of one expensive signing per summer having cried poverty.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1398 on: May 13, 2021, 03:39:05 pm »
Do you think of Brentford go up they’ll hold on to the players they’d normally be selling? I hope so, but who knows if they’ll stick to their plans.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1399 on: May 13, 2021, 04:29:47 pm »
Do you think of Brentford go up they’ll hold on to the players they’d normally be selling? I hope so, but who knows if they’ll stick to their plans.
They will posture about keeping Toney but sell if the fee is big enough - I think their scouting team will be confident of getting someone to fill the hole in some way. Mbeumo is one they really could do with keeping, he's very very good and doesn't get much hype. Probably better than Benrahma - less easy on the eye but more direct and productive. He's also only 21. Capped at U-21 level for France. Definite Premier League quality.

I think if they go up, they will look to keep their squad together, then sell them off and start again should they come down. Looking at their squad, Toney is the crown jewel, with Mbeumo also very good. Young Forss has shown a lot of potential and Ethan Pinnock looks like he could make the step up. They have a really tidy young German midfielder plucked from Bochum but originally from Red Bull called Janelt, he's been an ever present and looks comfortable to step up. Toney definitely leaves if there's £40m on the table I think.

The one I would still keep an eye on is Halil Dervisoglu. He looked brilliant as a teenager in the Eredivisie and Brentford did their magic and brought him across. He's currently on loan at Galatasaray where they like him so far. He also has 8 goals in 11 matches for the Turkey U21s. My feeling is Galatasaray commit a big fee to try and make him their new poster boy, or he comes back to Brentford and they bring him into the PL squad and flip him for a huge profit on the €3m they paid.