Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2866693 times)

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
Re: Mohamed Salah - FWA and PFA Player of the Year Signs New 5 Yr Deal
« Reply #14840 on: May 2, 2021, 09:41:31 am »
Obviously we are forgetting 1 thing… we’re dependent on Salah wanting to stay when we have no CL football guaranteed…

If he doesn’t then what do we do then? Sell him. I won’t hate him if he does want to go elsewhere, it’s a unique type of player to want to test themselves in multiple leagues, and if he wanted to go to sunny Spain and try it there then I won’t begrudge him.

We’d massively miss him mind and we would be heavily hamstrung because of it as currently he’s the only one of the current 3 forwards who is consistently banging in goals… we need others to start stepping up and chip in with goals…

But I can’t see any club willing to pay the required fee for Mo. We can’t just simply shrug our shoulders at the idea of selling the leagues best player. We need to sort out a new deal for him.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14841 on: May 2, 2021, 09:50:14 am »
He is not the only player we are worrying about. Half our team has two years left from the looks of it. At some point the situation will have to be addressed.

Maybe next season we will begin these discussions?

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14842 on: May 2, 2021, 09:58:17 am »
There’s nowhere for him to go. I’d be very relaxed if you don’t want to lose him. He’s in the same boat as Kane - although Kane had a shocker and locked himself into an absurd contract so he doesn’t even have the free transfer down the line to look at. Although the free transfer for Salah might come too late for a last massive payday - he’ll be 31 by the time his one here is up right?

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #14843 on: May 2, 2021, 10:50:27 am »
It's the day of one of our biggest games of the season (and a must win for top 4 hopes) and people are discussing whether one of our best players will leave.

I'd rather think about how he's going to give Maguire nightmares, leave him on his arse, and grab a couple more goals against these scumbags and go top of the premier league scoring charts.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14844 on: May 2, 2021, 11:27:00 am »
Didn't realise he had been selected for the Olympics - that's a pain.

So he'll miss the majority of pre-season and a month midway through the season for the AFCON.

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #14845 on: May 2, 2021, 12:08:44 pm »
I’d we lose Salah when he wants to stay because we won’t fund a new deal, after all the shit we’ve had to put up with from them current ownership. That will fucking finish me off with them personally.

Give the lad a new contract you stupid c*nts.

Doesn’t it really depend on what Klopp wants to do?
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14846 on: May 2, 2021, 12:16:50 pm »
Doesn’t it really depend on what Klopp wants to do?

Of course.

If Klopp doesn’t want to keep him then of course that is a different matter (again I’d disagree with the decision but it would be a footballing decision made by some better placed than me to make it.)

Knowing Klopp as we do, I’d be quite surprised if he would sanction that route, I think it’s far liklier that if we don’t keep him (and he wants to stay) that it will be because the ownership want to sell at the highest point of value rather than sanction a huge new deal to keep him.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14847 on: May 7, 2021, 06:02:49 pm »
Great words by the boss on Mo on his recent award.

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14848 on: May 7, 2021, 08:17:04 pm »
It makes no sense for Salah to stay at LFC. He has won everything he can here.

It makes no sense for LFC to give him a big,5 year contract. He is 29 in a few days, and won't get any better.

Next summer we won't get as much for him, The summer after we will get nothing.

Perfect time for club and player to part ways.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #14849 on: May 7, 2021, 08:19:11 pm »
The only one scoring goals and you want to give him away. Unbelievable.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #14850 on: May 7, 2021, 08:19:45 pm »

It makes no sense for LFC to give him a big,5 year contract. He is 29 in a few days, and won't get any better.

Yep, hard to look at this team and not think it'd look even better without our top goalscorer in it.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14851 on: May 7, 2021, 08:20:02 pm »
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #14852 on: May 7, 2021, 08:20:34 pm »

Or you know, we could just keep the league’s best player for a few more years?
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #14853 on: May 7, 2021, 08:21:12 pm »
The only one scoring goals and you want to give him away. Unbelievable.

Fuck it if he wants out let him at it, we dont need him anyway we have plenty who can come in and do his job.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14854 on: May 7, 2021, 09:38:13 pm »
Fuck it if he wants out let him at it, we dont need him anyway we have plenty who can come in and do his job.

I'm not sure if you're taking the piss or being serious.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #14855 on: May 7, 2021, 09:56:56 pm »
I'm not sure if you're taking the piss or being serious.

I will leave that with you.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #14856 on: May 8, 2021, 12:22:13 am »
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Red1976

• Main Stander
« Reply #14857 on: May 8, 2021, 01:06:41 pm »
Of course and if that’s the case then fair enough.

The reports, however, suggest otherwise and considering the ownership I wouldn’t be shocked if they saw dollar signs to sell rather than have to make him the clubs highest earner in order to keep him (granted he may already be the highest earner I’m not sure but either way it’s going to be a massive contract to keep him.)

I think if the latter is the scenario then the pitchforks will rightly be out, I’ll be leading the fucking charge myself.

The problem is that our wage bill has greatly inflated since 2015 and the club cannot just keep paying out huge wages to keep players - it is not economical viable. Especially if our commercial revenue and on pitch success is not matching it.  Liverpool's wage bill has shot up by around 95% since 2015, growing at a far steeper rate than the approximate 64% rise in revenues during the same period.

Salah is estimated to be on £10.4 million a year along with Alcantara, and other players would also want a wage increase like Van Dijk and Becker if Salah got one -  which for just those 2, would add about an extra £2 million to the wage bill (to put them on the same wage as Salah now).

Somewhere in the near future we will need to replace Salah - maybe not next season but definitely the following one, as Salah gets into the latter years of his playing career.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14858 on: May 8, 2021, 02:12:51 pm »

The problem is that our wage bill has greatly inflated since 2015 and the club cannot just keep paying out huge wages to keep players - it is not economical viable. Especially if our commercial revenue and on pitch success is not matching it.  Liverpool's wage bill has shot up by around 95% since 2015, growing at a far steeper rate than the approximate 64% rise in revenues during the same period.

Salah is estimated to be on £10.4 million a year along with Alcantara, and other players would also want a wage increase like Van Dijk and Becker if Salah got one -  which for just those 2, would add about an extra £2 million to the wage bill (to put them on the same wage as Salah now).

Somewhere in the near future we will need to replace Salah - maybe not next season but definitely the following one, as Salah gets into the latter years of his playing career.

Then get rid of other players who aren't performing as good as he is if you're worried about wages.

Never in the history of this club have people wanted their best player sold, because of wages, a player that has performed consistently at a world class level for the last 4 years.

Many of you have lost the fucking plot.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #14859 on: May 8, 2021, 02:25:43 pm »
Then get rid of other players who aren't performing as good as he is if you're worried about wages.

Never in the history of this club have people wanted their best player sold, because of wages, a player that has performed consistently at a world class level for the last 4 years.

Especially when there are still players similar to Mo who are still scoring 20/30 goals a season well into their 30s. It's absolute insanity to even think about selling him right now.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14860 on: May 8, 2021, 02:35:23 pm »
I wonder if I will ever understand this obsession of our own supporters wanting to flog off our star player at any given opportunity. Am I missing something? I just dont get it.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #14861 on: May 8, 2021, 02:38:06 pm »
He'll be hungry for that golden boot, score a couple today Mo
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14862 on: May 8, 2021, 02:42:44 pm »
I wonder if I will ever understand this obsession of our own supporters wanting to flog off our star player at any given opportunity. Am I missing something? I just dont get it.

Crazy isn’t it. This thread has had posters suggesting it for ages too.

Fancy him to bag a brace today as he chases the golden boot.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14863 on: May 8, 2021, 02:42:47 pm »
Our wage bill has been high in recent years because we've been successful or have people forgotten all the complaints about incentivised contracts that means we can't compete for the very best players?

If we sell anyone it should be those who rarely if ever play not those who contribute the most!!

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #14864 on: May 8, 2021, 03:05:03 pm »
Personally I think the main reason we have let players contracts run down is the European Super League.
I think this is significant from Agnelli.

Agnelli, who is also the chairman of Juventus, raised the possibility of reforms to the transfer market to create a more competitive balance in European football.

“The moment is fertile to think of greater solutions,” he said. “We should be looking at a wide range of reforms.

“We could think of a double path transfer system, where clubs qualifying for specific tiers of international competition wouldn’t be allowed to buy each other’s players.

“That would improve the indirect solidarity to other clubs and mean no triple-figure transfers amongst Champions League participating clubs. These are elements we are discussing.”

So combine no transfers between clubs in the same level of competition and clubs only being allowed to spend a percentage of their income on wages and I can see why players haven't been offered new deals. Why offer players 5 year bumper deals when FSG thought we would be in the ESL cartel and clubs would be able to force down wages.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14865 on: May 8, 2021, 03:19:25 pm »

This is it really.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14866 on: May 8, 2021, 04:22:17 pm »
Crazy isn’t it. This thread has had posters suggesting it for ages too.

Fancy him to bag a brace today as he chases the golden boot.

You have to wonder how many of these guys have actually had the privilege of seeing Mo perform at the match? I go back to Hunt and St John and everything since. Mo is right up there with our best and would have been a star in any of our great sides. He is at his peak and I just can't wait to see him again. Sell him? Madness or too much Talkshite.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14867 on: May 8, 2021, 04:33:12 pm »
Especially when there are still players similar to Mo who are still scoring 20/30 goals a season well into their 30s. It's absolute insanity to even think about selling him right now.

Exactly and he has no injury issues and has been consistently fit for about 6 years

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #14868 on: May 8, 2021, 05:01:38 pm »
Exactly and he has no injury issues and has been consistently fit for about 6 years

I think I read recently he's missed 3 games through injury, one of which was Covid and one was after the concussion at Newcastle. Incredible Suarez-like fitness. He's a machine.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14869 on: May 8, 2021, 05:26:00 pm »
I think I read recently he's missed 3 games through injury, one of which was Covid and one was after the concussion at Newcastle. Incredible Suarez-like fitness. He's a machine.

Yup and even that injury was due to a stamp on his ankle by a Leicester player. No muscle pulls whatsoever knock on wood despite the speed he plays at at times.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14870 on: May 8, 2021, 05:26:29 pm »
Great chance for the golden boot again, given our remaining fixtures.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14871 on: May 8, 2021, 05:31:08 pm »
Yup and even that injury was due to a stamp on his ankle by a Leicester player. No muscle pulls whatsoever knock on wood despite the speed he plays at at times.

Of course, that twat Choudhury, I was racking my brains for which game it was. Accidental apparently, yeah right.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #14872 on: May 8, 2021, 05:33:13 pm »
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14873 on: May 8, 2021, 06:23:57 pm »
Never fails to make me laugh ;D

Online NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #14874 on: May 8, 2021, 10:26:01 pm »
No goal.I believe it's already a good time to sell him.  ;D  ;D
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14875 on: May 10, 2021, 01:38:32 pm »
Or you know, we could just keep the league’s best player for a few more years?

He was three years ago. Not close to being the league's best player now. He's not even the best player in our club.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14876 on: May 10, 2021, 01:39:32 pm »
He was three years ago. Not close to being the league's best player now. He's not even the best player in our club.

He bloody is. Alisson, Van Dijk, Salah and Fabinho are untouchable.

He is also the best forward in England.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14877 on: May 10, 2021, 01:44:23 pm »

Whatever drugs you're on, pass them on.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #14878 on: May 10, 2021, 01:46:47 pm »
He bloody is. Alisson, Van Dijk, Salah and Fabinho are untouchable.

He is also the best forward in England.
plus Robbo and Hendo.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #14879 on: May 10, 2021, 02:07:14 pm »
be the first ones to complain when it happens too
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR