Author Topic: PlayStation VR  (Read 36279 times)

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: PlayStation VR
« Reply #80 on: November 8, 2016, 07:50:30 pm »
Yeah mate. Tried everywhere I can think of. Only places I can find them is Amazon and Ebay for well over £400 and I'm not paying that. Game suggested pre ordering and they'll contact me when they have them, but couldn't say when that would be.
If its pre order, then you're better off doing it with Tesco direct. They are selling it for 330. For a 10 spot more than what its going for in game, you'll be able to get it with a camera for 360.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: November 8, 2016, 07:56:40 pm »
If its pre order, then you're better off doing it with Tesco direct. They are selling it for 330. For a 10 spot more than what its going for in game, you'll be able to get it with a camera for 360.

Do you have a link for this mate? I've just looked and the only PS VR I found on Tesco Direct was for £350 without the camera and it was currently unavailable anyway!  :'(

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: November 8, 2016, 08:01:28 pm »
Do you have a link for this mate? I've just looked and the only PS VR I found on Tesco Direct was for £350 without the camera and it was currently unavailable anyway!  :'(
Yeah, I've just had a peek too, and it looks like the bastards have bumped it back up again. I think they've seen the demand and thought "hmm, lets squeez a few quid more here".

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/playstation-vr-headset-329-free-c-c-tesco-with-code-2496083

It didn't require the code whenever I was looking at it the other day. Argos had a trickle here and there coming through that I was keeping an eye on, but it seems the main stock from wherever they hold them has all dried up.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: November 8, 2016, 08:05:26 pm »
Yeah, I've just had a peek too, and it looks like the bastards have bumped it back up again. I think they've seen the demand and thought "hmm, lets squeez a few quid more here".

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/playstation-vr-headset-329-free-c-c-tesco-with-code-2496083

It didn't require the code whenever I was looking at it the other day. Argos had a trickle here and there coming through that I was keeping an eye on, but it seems the main stock from wherever they hold them has all dried up.

Bastards! Thanks anyway mate  :)

Surely a few places will get them in stock for those in a panic in the days running up to Christmas? I'm swooping on 1 as soon as they do!

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: November 8, 2016, 08:19:29 pm »
Just signed up for a stock alert at Tesco. Says on there release date of 12/12. That's cutting it fine. I want one well before that as if I don't manage to get one, the lads christmas will fucking suck ass. It's literally all he wants.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: November 8, 2016, 08:20:09 pm »
Bastards! Thanks anyway mate  :)

Surely a few places will get them in stock for those in a panic in the days running up to Christmas? I'm swooping on 1 as soon as they do!
Yeah, same here. There's obviously a clear demand, so, as long as there is that, then they might actually support the fucking thing for more than a year or so. Like I said, had one the other night. Just had to click buy and that was that. Kicking myself now. Surely they must get more stock out for Christmas. It'd be stupid if they don't.

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #86 on: November 13, 2016, 09:27:52 am »
PSVR Back in stock on Amazon UK on the 15th November
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: November 13, 2016, 01:06:25 pm »
PSVR Back in stock on Amazon UK on the 15th November

Link?

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #88 on: November 13, 2016, 02:28:42 pm »
there's one for sale on amazon for £430, on the same page it says amazon have sold out of their allocation and probably won't have any more until early next year

best place to check is the live feed on stock informer very had stock this morning but sold out in 15 mins

Offline pezzzer

• Kopite
  • Club first country second
« Reply #89 on: November 17, 2016, 08:22:01 am »
I had it pre ordered at Amazon but cancelled the day before release as I was hearing mixed reviews, wish I bloody hadn't as its amazing after actually trying one. I've scoured the interweb and il I'm hearing is Jan/Feb!
I bit the bullet and bought one from gumtree, the guy lives in my town and he said its only been tested to check it's working and it's immaculate with the GAME  receipt, comes with PlayStation worlds and Blood Rush, I got him down to 430. I think I paid about 30-40 quid over rrp but looking at the price on EBay I only think there going to go up!
metallic on psn, cod4 buddies welcome

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: November 17, 2016, 08:41:09 am »
I had it pre ordered at Amazon but cancelled the day before release as I was hearing mixed reviews, wish I bloody hadn't as its amazing after actually trying one. I've scoured the interweb and il I'm hearing is Jan/Feb!
I bit the bullet and bought one from gumtree, the guy lives in my town and he said its only been tested to check it's working and it's immaculate with the GAME  receipt, comes with PlayStation worlds and Blood Rush, I got him down to 430. I think I paid about 30-40 quid over rrp but looking at the price on EBay I only think there going to go up!

Does it come with the camera?

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #91 on: November 17, 2016, 09:27:30 am »
Local shop here in Jersey has about 20 of them in stock!

Offline pezzzer

• Kopite
« Reply #92 on: November 17, 2016, 09:48:44 am »
I already had the PS4 camera mate. The new one that came out for the VR is exactly the same but on a swivel base.
Jersey is going to get stampeded :)

Online justsean

• Two goals in his first two minutes of match commentary. Take a bow...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: November 17, 2016, 07:38:37 pm »
Anyone find a case to put their VR in yet? Can't find one that isn't just a pre-order item online yet.

Want to bring it with me when I visit the family for christmas but it needs to be put in a protective case or I'll break it...

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #94 on: November 17, 2016, 07:47:50 pm »
Don't you have the box it came in?

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: November 17, 2016, 07:57:32 pm »
Anyone find a case to put their VR in yet? Can't find one that isn't just a pre-order item online yet.

Want to bring it with me when I visit the family for christmas but it needs to be put in a protective case or I'll break it...

I always put mine back in the box it came In

Online justsean

• Two goals in his first two minutes of match commentary. Take a bow...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: November 17, 2016, 08:06:42 pm »
Dammit. Nah - the missus threw that out while I was playing away.

Also probably wouldn't have been practical to bring it in the box on a flight. This is the sort of thing I've been trying to buy - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Officially-Licensed-Premium-Protection-Case/dp/B01KSXJIGU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1479413203&sr=8-1&keywords=PSVR+case

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: November 17, 2016, 08:15:49 pm »
just leave mine on the floor

Offline Flash6289

• Legacy Fan
  • €6
« Reply #98 on: November 17, 2016, 09:32:02 pm »
Dammit. Nah - the missus threw that out while I was playing away.
Can hardly blame her!  :o
 :D
XBL: Flash6289

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: November 18, 2016, 01:44:26 am »
Got one yesterday. No PS4. Yes, that's how sold I am on VR.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: November 18, 2016, 06:56:59 am »

Get a pro if your getting one

Offline pezzzer

• Kopite
« Reply #101 on: November 18, 2016, 07:46:08 am »
Finally picked one up yesterday, wow! After a bit of fucking about to get it on compfterble I went straight into VR Worlds, London heist, I picked up the move controllers for 40 quid as really wanted the full on experience, honestly I was blown away by the realism.
My misses had a go on sea diving demo and had to take off the VR when the shark came out!!!she was amazed!
That's gonna get s good session this weekend (the VR not the misses).  :)

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #102 on: November 18, 2016, 03:05:47 pm »
Just playing RIGS on the PSVR ... fuckin hell ...intense ... and very smart game. Fourth week with the VR and still buzzing. The interface screens and game play on RIGs is just amazing.

Gotta to go lads .. next round is in Dubia.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 05:47:17 pm by kopite321 »
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: November 18, 2016, 03:06:41 pm »
Just playing RIGS on the PSVR ... fuckin hell ...intense ... and very smart game. Fourth week with the VR and still buzzing. The interface screens and game play on RIGs is just amazing.

The only part of it that makes me a bit disorientated is the respawning.

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #104 on: November 18, 2016, 03:54:55 pm »
The only part of it that makes me a bit disorientated is the respawning.

love that bit... as you eject?

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: November 18, 2016, 03:56:33 pm »
love that bit... as you eject?

The eject is fine, it's when you look down and have to respawn.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: November 18, 2016, 05:45:43 pm »
Get a pro if your getting one

Yep. That's the plan. I don't mind waiting a bit, though. I know there's an improvement in some titles, but I need to see just how much. If it cleans up the IQ on RE7 and makes it more comfortable to play, then that'll do for me.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: November 18, 2016, 07:38:20 pm »
Yep. That's the plan. I don't mind waiting a bit, though. I know there's an improvement in some titles, but I need to see just how much. If it cleans up the IQ on RE7 and makes it more comfortable to play, then that'll do for me.

I'm not sure weather the iq is cleaned up automatically with the pro or they need to implement a patch. People said the likes of rig looks really clean now but I'm not sure if guerilla implemented a pro patch or not.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: November 18, 2016, 11:24:45 pm »

Where from? Still can't find them anywhere

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: November 18, 2016, 11:42:24 pm »
Where from? Still can't find them anywhere
Fairhill. Big shopping centre in Ballymena, hi!

You might be fortunate enough if they haven't sold them all already. I think they'd only a couple left, and I got mine on Wednesday.

Phone Game there and ask, but do it ASAP.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: November 18, 2016, 11:46:56 pm »
I'm not sure weather the iq is cleaned up automatically with the pro or they need to implement a patch. People said the likes of rig looks really clean now but I'm not sure if guerilla implemented a pro patch or not.
Could be a system patch where it downscales a game from the highest output resolution possible that devs allow to the headset. That should clean up the image. Hopefully it is, but I've read the Kitchen demo has no change, so it could be at the mercy of developers patching their games specifically. It'd be daft for Capcom to keep both versions the same. That's one game that could, and should, benefit massively from the hardware upgrade.

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #111 on: November 21, 2016, 04:22:52 am »
Allumette !! Wow... just watched this gem last night, how the hell did I miss this? Talk about new media and how VR is going to change more then gaming , this was an incredible experience, quite beautiful... get on it.

https://www.wired.com/2016/04/alumette-groundbreaking-vr-film-tribeca/

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: November 21, 2016, 10:40:48 am »
Fairhill. Big shopping centre in Ballymena, hi!

You might be fortunate enough if they haven't sold them all already. I think they'd only a couple left, and I got mine on Wednesday.

Phone Game there and ask, but do it ASAP.

Tried calling all day yesterday and they never answered once. Gobshites

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: November 21, 2016, 10:58:56 am »
Has anyone played Robinson The Journey?

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #114 on: November 21, 2016, 11:11:58 am »
Has anyone played Robinson The Journey?

Yes mate... great graphics but its a cluster fuck of a game in my opinion, the interaction with the PS controller is poor and the logic behind some of the puzzles is not obvious, I think its poorly conceived and executed to be honest. This game would of been better as a demo. It feels under-cooked and I was looking forward to its release but that's not going to stop me from saying it is..."beautiful shovel-ware". Others my have a different opinion.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: November 21, 2016, 11:43:46 am »
It's Crytek. They haven't made a good game since the first Far Cry. Crysis was average at best. They do pretty pretty well. Nothing else.

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #116 on: November 21, 2016, 11:55:30 am »
Looking forward to this .... I am bit of a space and science buff to be honest ... Apollo 11 mission

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/apollo11-multi-platform-vr-launch-title,31066.html

Have a look at this lads reaction whilst playing this

https://youtu.be/NGVxud9N2gQ

« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 01:17:12 pm by kopite321 »

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: November 21, 2016, 12:43:36 pm »
Yes mate... great graphics but its a cluster fuck of a game in my opinion, the interaction with the PS controller is poor and the logic behind some of the puzzles is not obvious, I think its poorly conceived and executed to be honest. This game would of been better as a demo. It feels under-cooked and I was looking forward to its release but that's not going to stop me from saying it is..."beautiful shovel-ware". Others my have a different opinion.

Yes, wondered if it was just a showy game with little else going for it when I seen crytek developed it

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarįs Solo
« Reply #118 on: November 21, 2016, 02:06:17 pm »
Not played Robinson yet, but I think in these salad days of PSVR it still holds some value just by showing us the most gorgeously crafted VR environment so far [reportedly]. I'm getting it myself soon, in with a bunch of other Christmas shiz at a knock-down price and without having to pay up for a year, so I'm not likely to be as offended by its shallowness as a game as someone who's gone and impulsively thrown £50 at it, in anticipation of playing the first PSVR "killer app". Just the promise of exploring a vast jungle landscape populated by dinosaurs is enough for me to have a nibble; I crave something Jurassic Parky.

It's a shame Naughty Dog are done with Uncharted now, because that'd be a wondrous exotic cinema trip in VR - wandering through wildernesses searching for artifacts, climbing like a monkey, matinee car chases... you name it, you can toss it all in there and it'd fit pretty snugly. Might feel a bit weird to start with in first-person and adventuring alongside Drake rather than as him, but I'd dig that change-up myself.

Perhaps with Uncharted's retirement, it's a perfect time for Indy himself to make a videogame comeback - without VR it probably wouldn't really be worth it, but I can just see so many possibilities for that sort of filmic rollicking archaeological globetrotting romp.

So far, the best visual applications on PSVR are sort of separate from the best gaming applications. Those class games obviously do their own graphical thing brilliantly efficiently (I love the economical atmospheric look of Thumper, for instance), but moments of absolute jaw-dropping beauty are mainly from the more 'VR experience'-type showcases, which don't really offer so much in terms of revisited gameplay. That killer app I feel will be the first one that nails the sheer cinematic transcendence of this medium but seamlessly combines it with compelling in-game tasks, with added polish to seal the deal. It'll come.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Online FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: November 24, 2016, 03:09:36 pm »
there's stock available on the amazon italian site, 400 euro which is around £338 at current exchange rates, you'll probably need to buy a power cable but it's just the normal kettle type cable

https://www.amazon.it/Sony-Playstation-VR-PlayStation-4/dp/B01ALX7012/ref=as_li_ss_tl?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1479941298&sr=1-1&keywords=playstation+vr&linkCode=ll1&tag=stocinfo05-21&linkId=aa3068f0df69589624f90d07f53f819d

edit: sold out on the french site but 8 still left on the italian site, says it can be delivered to the uk so shouldn't be any problems, probably the best bet for anyone looking to pick one up before xmas

edit: all gone now, italian site says 8th december
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 09:51:36 pm by FiSh77 »