Author Topic: Stranger Things - Use Spoiler Tags  (Read 93885 times)

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
Re: Stranger Things - Season 2 Out Now - Use Spoiler Tags
« Reply #120 on: July 30, 2016, 04:15:55 pm »
Just started watching so will avoid the rest of the thread but just wondered if anyone else picked up the references to ET.

Side by side shot references -

https://vimeo.com/175929311

Its full of spoilers, so watch when you've finished it.

The music is also completely John Carpenter. Specifically Big Trouble in little China.

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/uP3NgkPQ5Wo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/uP3NgkPQ5Wo</a>
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #121 on: July 30, 2016, 04:34:54 pm »
Side by side shot references -

https://vimeo.com/175929311

Its full of spoilers, so watch when you've finished it.

The music is also completely John Carpenter. Specifically Big Trouble in little China.

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/uP3NgkPQ5Wo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/uP3NgkPQ5Wo</a>

Nice. But where does Pan's Labyrinth fit into all this?
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: July 30, 2016, 07:00:02 pm »
Is this going to be an anthology style show like American Horror Story, or is it going to continue on from here with the same story and characters?

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: July 30, 2016, 07:35:17 pm »
Is this going to be an anthology style show like American Horror Story, or is it going to continue on from here with the same story and characters?

The second season has been confirmed as a sequel to the first with the same characters and introducing critical new ones.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: July 30, 2016, 08:14:25 pm »
Gonna binge watch this tomorrow with my hangover.

EDIT:Comedown too, as I went to see (Scouse) Yousef and John Digweed in Belfast tonight.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 04:33:01 am by Flaccido Dongingo »

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: July 30, 2016, 08:45:22 pm »
The second season has been confirmed as a sequel to the first with the same characters and introducing critical new ones.
OK, that's fair enough. I thought the series didn't do a hell of a lot to explain the central characters (mostly 11), and the monster's origin enough. Normally that kind of thing is fine in context to how a lot of horror/sci fi themed films were of that period, but the last few episodes felt a little bland and hollow because of it. It felt like a season of two halfs, with all the interesting stuff happening in the first 4 episodes due to the mystery of it all. It didn't really kick on and explain itself much from there on in.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: July 31, 2016, 12:51:21 am »
OK, that's fair enough. I thought the series didn't do a hell of a lot to explain the central characters (mostly 11), and the monster's origin enough. Normally that kind of thing is fine in context to how a lot of horror/sci fi themed films were of that period, but the last few episodes felt a little bland and hollow because of it. It felt like a season of two halfs, with all the interesting stuff happening in the first 4 episodes due to the mystery of it all. It didn't really kick on and explain itself much from there on in.

What did you need explaining? I thought everything was pretty clear around the midway point, and Elle's story was done in the visit to the mother.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: July 31, 2016, 01:30:43 am »
What did you need explaining? I thought everything was pretty clear around the midway point, and Elle's story was done in the visit to the mother.
Not really explained. More like elaborated on. Particularly the monster. That'll no doubt be planned for the next series.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: July 31, 2016, 02:46:36 am »
Not really explained. More like elaborated on. Particularly the monster. That'll no doubt be planned for the next series.

If you have any questions, ask away. This is my oeuvre maybe stuff made sense to me that didn't to you?

That sounded super condescending but it isn't meant to be... :-[  :-\
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #129 on: July 31, 2016, 09:54:54 am »
Season 2 has not been confirmed yet. There will most possibly be one but there is nothing official as of today.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline NorthamptonKopite

• Non-
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #130 on: July 31, 2016, 03:02:29 pm »
Great show, loved it. Damn those kids can act, especially Eleven, her performance takes this show from good to great.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: July 31, 2016, 05:23:30 pm »
Just finished it myself, really enjoyed the whole thing, be interesting to see were they go with season 2.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #132 on: August 1, 2016, 07:25:10 am »

I think as a single season homage to 80s movies, you don't really need an explanation. All the context you need is in the movies and music it references.

As a fully realised world though, it'll need to be a lot more than it was in season one. It won't be able to rely on the mystery and nostalgia anymore. Then we'll see if there's more to the show than feels.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: August 1, 2016, 08:06:20 am »
I think as a single season homage to 80s movies, you don't really need an explanation. All the context you need is in the movies and music it references.

As a fully realised world though, it'll need to be a lot more than it was in season one. It won't be able to rely on the mystery and nostalgia anymore. Then we'll see if there's more to the show than feels.

I'm expecting a huge drop in quality if season two is a direct sequel to one. If it's same characters, new mystery it should be great. More of the monster/upside down seems unnecessary to me.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #134 on: August 1, 2016, 09:10:40 am »
Where does this talk of season 2 not being a direct sequel come from? Was there a hint by the creators?

Anyway, here is a brief interview with them. Apologies if it's been posted before.

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/stranger-things-season-2-mythology-answers-your-questions-about-upside-down-and-its-546699

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #135 on: August 1, 2016, 09:44:29 am »
Stranger Things (2016) (OST) (Sound Track) MP3 [320 kbps]-TX

don't think it's official
« Last Edit: August 1, 2016, 09:50:28 am by Rattleduser »
PSN: white-of-my-eyes

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #136 on: August 1, 2016, 10:18:43 pm »
Thought it was excellent.

Kids made it and Hopper was great too.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline ThisIsMickey

• Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #137 on: August 3, 2016, 05:45:28 am »
Watched the entire season in 2 days. Refreshing series very well made. I used to have a huge crush on Winona though so i maybe a bit biased
"100% of the shots you don't take don't go in"

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #138 on: August 3, 2016, 11:22:40 am »
No, it was pretty good.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: August 6, 2016, 11:13:06 pm »
Didn't know what to expect, and was totally blown away. Brilliant show. Usually I don't like child actors, but these kids really did a great job. Sheriff Hopper was the best, though.

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: August 7, 2016, 09:24:15 am »
Didn't know what to expect, and was totally blown away. Brilliant show. Usually I don't like child actors, but these kids really did a great job. Sheriff Hopper was the best, though.

Pretty much sums up my opinion as well, brilliant show

Online FaitAccompli

• Kopite
« Reply #141 on: August 7, 2016, 09:39:13 pm »
Saved watching it until my girlfriend came back from 3 weeks working abroad. Fantastic show - watched it over the last two days.

Aside from the already mentioned 80's references, I think it had a very Silent Hill kind of feel to it, and bits of it also reminded me of Under the Skin and also a film called Beyond the Black Rainbow, which is also set in 1983 and has a synth-heavy soundtrack (Jeremy Schmidt from the band Black Mountain composed the soundtrack and I half expected his name to turn up in the credits for Stranger Things).

Offline Isaacsways

• Anny Roader
« Reply #142 on: August 10, 2016, 08:50:28 am »
Great show... makes me want to go back to being a kid again... If anyone enjoys the music check out this band Lazerhawk, they make some great stuff, pure nostalgia trip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39zKhsT5naI

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #143 on: August 11, 2016, 10:03:21 pm »
Thoroughly enjoyed that.  Impressive when a show can have you rooting for pretty much every character ;D

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #144 on: August 13, 2016, 05:02:54 am »
Anyone else think Mike looks exactly like Shelley Duvall...

Called it in the very first scene where they're playing Dungeons and Dragons, an absolute ringer!

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You may say I'm a Dreamer
« Reply #145 on: August 13, 2016, 09:22:32 am »
Just started watching again...got to episode 4 before and then stopped watching for a few weeks - watched episode 5 last night. It's definitely losing its appeal a little as it goes on but hopefully it picks up again.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: August 13, 2016, 11:11:39 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/9lMOsdHhqio" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/9lMOsdHhqio</a>

What Mike says at the end is more or less what I was getting at in my previous post.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 11:15:45 pm by Macphisto80 »

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #148 on: August 14, 2016, 09:01:41 pm »
:D

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #150 on: August 14, 2016, 11:20:36 pm »
Well now...

https://twitter.com/milliebbrown/status/764798491793231872

Very good ;D

Hope she can offer some of our players advice on hair cuts!

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: August 14, 2016, 11:22:01 pm »
Very good ;D

Hope she can offer some of our players advice on hair cuts!

Hope to see Firmino sporting this do next week:

We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline ColdSteel

• Anny Roader

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #153 on: August 15, 2016, 10:31:23 pm »
Hope to see Firmino sporting this do next week:

Pretty.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #154 on: August 21, 2016, 04:24:44 pm »
Such a great show. All the actors were brilliant too. I can't wait for the second season.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #155 on: August 21, 2016, 05:09:05 pm »
Also the soundtrack throughout the whole series was superb.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline SenorGarcia

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria...
« Reply #156 on: August 21, 2016, 11:46:10 pm »
Just finished it. Loved it all.

Hope if they do a second season that it veers off into a completely different storyline. I don't want any explanation for the upside down or the monster: I hate this modern trend of explaining every single thing to cover all corners. It kind of takes away from the horror if you explain it "rationally".

Great cast, great show. Nice nostalgia trip.

Edit: though reading the interview Yiannis posted it seems a theoretical season 2 would explain everything and feature the same characters hmm. Greeeeeat, just hope they take their time with it if that's the case.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 12:01:05 am by SenorGarcia »
"A football club isn't just made up of players, coaches and directors. More than anything else it's the supporters who make a club, and that perhaps is the ingredient which best distinguishes Liverpool Football Club from every other team. The supporters." - Luis Javier García Sanz

Thanks Kenny, for making us believe again. YNWA

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: August 21, 2016, 11:56:34 pm »
The only thing that's still annoying me is the creature unbolts the door in the first episode. Got to be something more in that

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Doubter To Believer.
  • Super Title: And back to Doubter
« Reply #158 on: August 25, 2016, 10:47:47 am »
Binge watches the entire thing last night. Up till 2am watching it.

Really enjoyed it. The young cast did a great job. Wonder where it will go in season 2.

Nancy is a bloody beautiful by the way, and I hadn't really noticed the 'anorexic' thing that some mentioned but looked up pictures after I'd finished watching the show and yeah she is REALLY skinny.
Believe

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #159 on: August 25, 2016, 11:21:41 am »
It does develop quite nicely. I agree episode one is just so so and a bit clunky and naff at times in all respects - storyline, dramatic impact, acting. However, we're now up to the end of episode 4 and it improves quite markedly in all those aspects and soon finds the level the makers were clearly aiming for

Spoiler
which gives it an authenticity that belies how preposterous it all is  :)
[close]

Such that all told it's made for really enjoyable viewing. The kids are superb as is Wynona and the police chief. Looking forward to the rest. Hope it goes on to fulfill its promise.

:)

Never did follow up on my first post, so just to say it certainly did fulfill its promise. And then some. Superb telly for the young and er...not so young.

;D

Spoiler
Also no feckin way is she kerput - especially now she's revealed she's a Red!
[close]