Author Topic: MotoGP Thread  (Read 14863 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: MotoGP Thread
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2018, 11:11:51 am »
If Tito hadnt crashed and broke his leg in umpteen places, then I suspect the race wouldve gone ahead. Ive since learnt that he also severed his femoral artery and had 4/5 mins life left at side of track. Big up to the marshals and medical team.

Latest update is that thankfully he didn't sever his artery as feared, but still a horrible injury. He was up and walking yesterday !!!!
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2018, 01:28:52 pm »
Thats good news. He'll prob be racing at San Marino in 2weeks then. :)
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Offline KJR71

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a red and white Kop...
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2018, 04:10:39 pm »
I go every year and I got soaked to the skin even though I had a stand ticket (right at the front so had no protection from the rain!).  It was obvious from when the race didn't go ahead at 11:30 that it wasn't ever going to happen as the forecast said it wasn't going to stop raining (although the official line was that they thought it was - god knows who was doing their weather forecast).

I've been telling everyone that I don't think I've ever been so unhappy in my life, but then I saw the Roy Hodgson thread and was reminded of what was going on at our club when he was our manager so being cold, miserable, soaking wet doesn't seem so bad after all.

Offline WAQS

• LYRIQAL
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #43 on: October 8, 2018, 08:02:13 pm »
Bumping this...

How good is Marquez! This season is done for Yamaha and Rossi.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2018, 03:22:37 pm »
Marc Marquez, 5 times World Champion in the MotoGP class at 25 and that makes it 7 world titles in total, won 5 out of 6, utterly dominating the class.

I've never seen a rider like him, he "crashes" every race and all through practice, but hardly ever actually falls off the bike, he just recovers it.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/QTD27Lkde10" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/QTD27Lkde10</a>
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline gravy red

• Kopite
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2018, 06:32:00 pm »
Totally agree. It’s also refreshing that he does all this with a big grin on his face  ;D, enjoying what he does.

I also like the way it doesn’t really matter if he is riding his number one bike (or number two bike) he really doesn’t care, he is that good/ confident.

It was a shame Dovi crashed, as it was proving to be a great race to the end (had he not crashed), but that was down to Marc pushing Dovi to his limits.

Can’t wait for this weekends race at Philip Island, without the pressure. It really is going to be party time on the track.

O, and this was all done in front of the Honda staff and owners at their own track in Japan....so a bit more pressure to add to riding a near on 300 bhp motor cycle  :-\

Offline gravy red

• Kopite
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2019, 03:00:47 pm »
I know there is not much interest in the Moto Gp (with in RAWK)  but what a race that was today. Mark M just cannot get the better of Dovi at this track in Austria.
Can’t wait for the next race at Silverstone with its new surface. Hope the weather is good this year😀😀😀

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2019, 03:05:37 pm »
I know there is not much interest in the Moto Gp (with in RAWK)  but what a race that was today. Mark M just cannot get the better of Dovi at this track in Austria.
Can’t wait for the next race at Silverstone with its new surface. Hope the weather is good this year😀😀😀

Brilliant riding from Dovi today. When MM dived under him and Dovi couldn't get past, you did think here we go again, but Dovi was so good in the last sector that anything was possible.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2019, 11:15:30 am »
Dovi hit tilt mode and went crazy there, so unlike him, it was hilarious  ;D

Either way, given Marc always is P2 at worst when taking the flag and appears to have a stable enough front end to bring it home with relative ease, I firmly expect he'll have the title sealed well before November this year too. It's still fun to see Dovi going for broke and he's definitely without a shadow of a doubt the second best road racer on the planet now, having been there for three seasons now. It's been remarkable to see how he exploded in development in his 30's. Still, this has been the weakest of his title contention seasons so far, but all is not lost for him if he matches the four wins he took last season. I can really see him doing it too. Misano and Thailand are really strong tracks for him.

Silverstone next time is an open question though, if that one's dry the three foremost Yamaha's are going to feature heavily given the layout of the place, Viñales arguably being the favourite to win, but of course Marc and Dovi will be there. Also, knowing Viñales, he'd probably qualify P11 in a half-wet qualifying and then be out of the points after lap one! So, it really is a tricky one to call. Marc hasn't won there since 2014 but it's not like he can't ride the place.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 11:25:25 am by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2019, 01:33:19 pm »
After being Moto3 World Champion, his career has gone to shit - now sacked by his BSB Team. Tit

A world champion motorcyclist has received a suspended prison sentence for carrying a knife during an altercation in a car park.

Daniel Kent, 25, pleaded guilty at Cheltenham Magistrates' Court to possessing the knife in a public place.

He admitted having the kitchen knife in West Street car park in Tetbury on 7 March, when he was involved in a scuffle with a 63-year-old man.

The sportsman received a four-month jail sentence suspended for 12 months.

Kent, known as Danny in the sporting world, is Britain's first Grand Prix solo motorcycle world champion since Barry Sheene in 1977.

He was ordered to pay a £115 victim surcharge and £85 costs.

Prosecuting, Peter Ashby said the 63-year-old had been out walking his dog when he heard commotion in a block of flats and saw two men run past him.

He added: "One of the men, the defendant's brother, confronted the 63-year-old and there was a scuffle and the older man took the young man to the ground.

"He pinned him down and then the other man, the defendant, came over and pushed the older man off.

"The witness then saw a knife on the ground. He picked it up and went home and then informed the police."

Kent, of Webb Road, Tetbury, told officers he and his brother were collecting a debt but he would not have used the knife, which had a 6in blade.

Mitigating, Howard Ogden said: "My client came across his brother on the floor with the older man pinning him down so he thought his brother was a victim of an assault and pushed him off.

"Yes, he had the knife in his pocket but it was not for any improper purpose - he uses it to open boxes in connection with his work."

Kent said: "I would like to apologise to the court."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-49355787?fbclid=IwAR0yfR6NB1TrcnkCtSyfj9aXqQLK-BUS_9m4Sru-AjDKilzV5PX5Ku_XRfk

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2019, 06:03:32 pm »
I mostly remembered Kent for almost collapsing his 2015 title run. Anyway, so to speak "broke and locked up" even though he won't do actual time, bad look. Career probably over.
Linudden.

Offline gravy red

• Kopite
« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2019, 01:57:12 pm »
After being Moto3 World Champion, his career has gone to shit - now sacked by his BSB Team. Tit

A world champion motorcyclist has received a suspended prison sentence for carrying a knife during an altercation in a car park.

Daniel Kent, 25, pleaded guilty at Cheltenham Magistrates' Court to possessing the knife in a public place.

He admitted having the kitchen knife in West Street car park in Tetbury on 7 March, when he was involved in a scuffle with a 63-year-old man.

Kent, known as Danny in the sporting world, is Britain's first Grand Prix solo motorcycle world champion since Barry Sheene in 1977.

Prosecuting, Peter Ashby said the 63-year-old had been out walking his dog when he heard commotion in a block of flats and saw two men run past him.

He added: "One of the men, the defendant's brother, confronted the 63-year-old and there was a scuffle and the older man took the young man to the ground.

"He pinned him down and then the other man, the defendant, came over and pushed the older man off.

"The witness then saw a knife on the ground. He picked it up and went home and then informed the police."

Kent, of Webb Road, Tetbury, told officers he and his brother were collecting a debt but he would not have used the knife, which had a 6in blade.

Mitigating, Howard Ogden said: "My client came across his brother on the floor with the older man pinning him down so he thought his brother was a victim of an assault and pushed him off.

"Yes, he had the knife in his pocket but it was not for any improper purpose - he uses it to open boxes in connection with his work."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-49355787?fbclid=IwAR0yfR6NB1TrcnkCtSyfj9aXqQLK-BUS_9m4Sru-AjDKilzV5PX5Ku_XRfk

He always came across as an arrogant little fucker to me! seem to know best and not listen to good advice.  :tosser

I believe Hodgy tried to take him under his wing and mange him during his time in Moto 3. I'm not sure but I think (if I remember rightly?) That hodgy was advising him on a freebie (or very little financial gain) and DK more or less  told him to stick his advice where the sun don't shine  :rash (yes, some might say Neil can come across as a know it all, but you don't get the things out of Motor cycle racing like he has without knowing your stuff, Personally I think hes great and just watched him win the press ups comp with sam lowes  and Jake Dixon made me laugh)  :wellin.

He almost fucked winning moto 3 up by being cock sure and thought he had it in the bag long before he (eventually) won it!

To sum up (from me).....Good residence and I hope he doesn't get any other opportunity to be in a sport that I really enjoy watching. I had to make do with going out on the road yesterday (on my bike)  and paying for my own fuel   ;D Too much traffic though :butt

Offline gravy red

• Kopite
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2019, 05:49:04 am »
Get into Napoli mid morning today. Looking forward to finding a bar and watching this.
Was hoping to get out and take in the GP before the game but plans never quite worked out right. Quartararo Is looking good for a possible win today as well.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2020, 04:01:01 pm »
Marc Márquez has signed a new five-year deal taking him to the end of the 2024 season with Honda. Given the length of this, I'd expect Honda have made a 100 million euro commitment more or less. The Cervera municipal council will undoubtedly be pleased with the extra revenue.

While Cervera's local politicans cheer, this is very bad news for the rest  ;D

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2020/02/20/marc-marquez-renews-with-hrc-through-to-the-end-of-2024/324803

A couple of weeks ago Yamaha announced the demotion of Rossi for the 2021 season and that they'll have Viñales and Quartararo as their riders. Ducati got empty-handed on their three first choices and now look set to have to settle for re-signing Dovizioso and probably get Miller on as the second rider since Petrucci is just going from bad to worse lately.

To add insult to injury, the earliest they could now get Márquez - which is the one thing stands between them and finally winning, is now 2025. The way this has happened that Yamaha got both their targets to re-sign and that they've ended with Scott Redding as their first WSBK rider rather than enticing Rea or a proper MotoGP rider over as well speaks volumes of how Ducati have fallen flat in terms of recruitment in all categories. The way things are going they should be glad Dovizioso has no other options unless he goes full Vegas and signs for Honda or he could've taken them to the cleaners for wages.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 04:08:13 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Online boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2020, 08:44:44 am »
Hopefully, the new Honda is not very good. MM reports that its just as troublesome as last years, which is bad news for Cal and Takaaki. Not so bad for Alex as the brother of MM, who will undoubtedly get some assistance. 11 days to go. I cant wait. I fucking love MotoGP and bike racing in general. My money is on Fabio this year.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2020, 08:56:38 am »
I want to see Fabio do it too, sport needs a new champion.

Offline gravy red

• Kopite
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2020, 11:31:03 am »
I’m enjoying the Moto GP the greatest race, that being shown for the last few weeks on BT sports. Watching these races definitely a good way to pass a few hours.
I’d say if your tempted to watch bike racing but never get round to it, give this a watch. It really is some good racing.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: July 3, 2020, 08:34:25 pm »
2 weeks to the first race at Jerez :thumbup

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2020, 01:26:05 pm »
Great to see this back :thumbup

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2020, 05:06:55 pm »
Not good. Marquez has fractured his right arm and needs surgery, but may have damaged the radial nerve, which controls the arm/wrist/hands.

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/940175/1/doctors-explain-severity-marquez-injury-tyre-caused-arm-break

Offline hawkwind

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2020, 09:47:01 pm »
Not good. Marquez has fractured his right arm and needs surgery, but may have damaged the radial nerve, which controls the arm/wrist/hands.

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/940175/1/doctors-explain-severity-marquez-injury-tyre-caused-arm-break
This is the injury that finished Carl Fogarty's career.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2020, 02:33:12 pm »
Found it quite funny Cal was giving an interview stressing the importance of not getting injured and missing races in a shortened season - only to miss the race because of a crash! :)
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2020, 02:41:36 pm »
This is the injury that finished Carl Fogarty's career.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Hope this is nowhere near as serious, although it was always going to happen, the way he pushes the bike past its limits, most riders would crash every race with the shit he gets up to. He made that ridiculous save on the corner that did Doohans career then bins it on the corner prior to it.

Found it quite funny Cal was giving an interview stressing the importance of not getting injured and missing races in a shortened season - only to miss the race because of a crash! :)

Typical of Cals luck.

Offline gravy red

• Kopite
« Reply #63 on: July 20, 2020, 05:45:41 pm »
Such a shame for both riders to crash out, shame for Cal (being a Brit, with true Grit).

But for me, Marcs accident is not only a question of how serious is the injury? It’s also what impact will it have on his riding style? The saves he makes with his knees and elbows are a show of the mans upper body strength. As someone who rides bikes on the road and tracks (for fun not racing) the amount of strength needed to do the things he does is well, just crazy. We know all of the riders are fit and strong but an injury like that may well affect how he picks the bike up when most think it is gone past the point of return. I hope I’m wrong as not only is he such a talent and joy to watch (his riding style is an art of its own, to anyone who ride bikes). He is always smiling and good for the sport.

I was looking forward to the battle between MM and Quartararo (As was everyone), that was definitely going to be the 1 and 2 places (most probably with MM winning that race).

On a side note going to be interesting to see if Lorenzo comes back to racing. Retired too soon (for me) but it looked like he lost his bottle on the track through injuries and crashes.
All the best to MM in his recovery and hoping he makes a 100% return to full fitness in a speedy time.

Offline Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2020, 12:32:28 am »
It was only a matter of time before he picked up a more serious injury, he's pretty much on the edge of crashing on every corner, you can only get away with it for so long before it bites you. I've always been amazed at the things he walks away from.

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2020, 10:14:39 am »
Speaking of Cal - is he finished in MotoGP after this season? Or has he got a ride? Be a shame for him not to be in a decent team as he's proven he can win races
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2020, 10:16:50 am »
Speaking of Cal - is he finished in MotoGP after this season? Or has he got a ride? Be a shame for him not to be in a decent team as he's proven he can win races

Dorna are doing all they can to get him a ride in another team, they mentioned Ducati on BT in comms the other day.

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2020, 10:17:52 am »
Dorna are doing all they can to get him a ride in another team, they mentioned Ducati on BT in comms the other day.

I haven't followed that closely last few years - are Ducati any good these days?

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2020, 10:31:11 am »
I haven't followed that closely last few years - are Ducati any good these days?

Ducati are being Ducati. Dovisioso has been challenging Marquez over the past few years, he finished 3rd on Sunday, but now Dovi says the Ducati needs more speed to challenge the Hondas and Yamahas. Quateraro on the Petronas M1 is the big challenge to Marques this season.

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2020, 05:14:39 am »
Maybe not as serious as first thought Marquez declared fit to ride 2 days after surgery

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2020, 08:16:04 am »
Maybe not as serious as first thought Marquez declared fit to ride 2 days after surgery

Hard bastard.

Footballer "I've hurt my toe, I cannot play"

MotoGP rider "I've broken my arm and had surgery to fix it, I'll be back racing on Friday"

Online boots

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2020, 08:51:58 am »
I think Fabio will be hard to beat for the title this yr. Esp after Marcs injury. He cannot afford another 'off'. Plus Fabios got his 1st win. His confidence will be sky high. Cal being replaced by a noob who happens to be Marcs brother stinks. Cal is the only other Honda rider in the points. Alex I cant see as a champion ever. He takes eons to win the lower classes and he had to wait till the guys who won them moved up, now hes racing against them now. Dani Pedrosas stats below, hes not unusual, this level is typical. Im not even a racer and Ive broken my shoulder, collarbone, both wrists twice, all my ribs on left side, umpteen contusions and broken fingers and toes. Theres no way I would consider riding to the shops with a broken humerous, let alone a top class race. Nutters, the lot of em.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2020, 01:39:27 pm »
I think Fabio will be hard to beat for the title this yr. Esp after Marcs injury. He cannot afford another 'off'. Plus Fabios got his 1st win. His confidence will be sky high. Cal being replaced by a noob who happens to be Marcs brother stinks. Cal is the only other Honda rider in the points. Alex I cant see as a champion ever. He takes eons to win the lower classes and he had to wait till the guys who won them moved up, now hes racing against them now. Dani Pedrosas stats below, hes not unusual, this level is typical. Im not even a racer and Ive broken my shoulder, collarbone, both wrists twice, all my ribs on left side, umpteen contusions and broken fingers and toes. Theres no way I would consider riding to the shops with a broken humerous, let alone a top class race. Nutters, the lot of em.

Concussion, broken little finger and a fractured foot are the worst of mine.

Yeah, Quatararo is the one to beat this season, nice to see someone who can take the fight to MM. And that whole Alex Marquez stuff stinks. Honda get more out of Cal than they ever will get from him. He's currently 0.69 quicker than a returning from injury Cal

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: July 25, 2020, 01:14:39 pm »
Marquez is really struggling, no way is he fit enough to race this weekend.

Offline Brissyred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: July 25, 2020, 11:41:36 pm »
Marquez is really struggling, no way is he fit enough to race this weekend.
Yeah, he's decided not to race now.

Offline Brissyred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: August 4, 2020, 04:04:54 am »
MM having another op to repair the damage he did to the titanium plates by riding at the last round. Will miss the next round at least.

Online boots

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #76 on: August 4, 2020, 08:21:14 am »
Silly boy - he shouldnt have tried after only 6 days. Idiotic decision has cost him another race and another 25pts.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: August 4, 2020, 10:32:38 am »
Silly boy - he shouldnt have tried after only 6 days. Idiotic decision has cost him another race and another 25pts.

I think its cost him the title already. Cannot see Quateraro and Vinales finishing outside the top 2 at the Czech round, 70/75pts gap already to Fabio, 60/65 to Vinales.

Online boots

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #78 on: August 4, 2020, 01:10:36 pm »
I think its cost him the title already. Cannot see Quateraro and Vinales finishing outside the top 2 at the Czech round, 70/75pts gap already to Fabio, 60/65 to Vinales.

Yep, I think Fabio and Mack are laughing right now and Vale should sense an oppurtinity. MM needs to accept a 2nd or a 3rd place now and again instead of laying everything on the line. This has been overdue for quite a few seasons. Law of averages says that at some point its going to hurt, and this time it did. No way hes going to turn this season around now. He may as well convalesce properly and write it off. Trouble is, no-one else can ride that Honda. Theyre as fooked as MM. Cals hurt too with a scaphoid and ive done both mine and theyre still not right after many many years.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: August 9, 2020, 01:42:28 pm »

Yep, I think Fabio and Mack are laughing right now and Vale should sense an oppurtinity. MM needs to accept a 2nd or a 3rd place now and again instead of laying everything on the line. This has been overdue for quite a few seasons. Law of averages says that at some point its going to hurt, and this time it did. No way hes going to turn this season around now. He may as well convalesce properly and write it off. Trouble is, no-one else can ride that Honda. Theyre as fooked as MM. Cals hurt too with a scaphoid and ive done both mine and theyre still not right after many many years.

Well, I couldn't have been much more wide of the mark than todays results ;D

KTM winning a MotoGP is brilliant to see and first ever South African winner in the Premier Class.