Author Topic: Spurs: fucking useless  (Read 2605243 times)

Offline IndianRed

• Legacy Fan
  • Derp Derp
Re: Spurs
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2014, 06:32:48 pm »
One thing's for sure, he needs to hit the ground running there. Otherwise, its only a matter of time before the London media start making his life hell by drawing unfavorable comparisons of his league record to Timmy's and push him ever closer to Levy's itchy trigger finger.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2014, 06:33:08 pm »
our targetīs of course :D

He can try, we have a helluva lot more to offer though.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2014, 06:33:57 pm »

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2014, 06:34:15 pm »
Can see him doing well and going onto a bigger club, Spurs are a stepping stone.

Downwards?

Juande Ramos - free agent after splitting with Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
Redknapp - QPR
Villas-Boas - Zenit St Petersburg
Tim Sherwood?...
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2014, 06:34:37 pm »
Why do you think that?

Not sure about him myself, lack of information more than anything
Well firstly I'm not sure about just how impressive a job he's actually done. OK they finished 8th, had some great results and played some decent football but EVERYTHING below them in the table was utter, utter shite. Plus they were already on an upward trajectory IMO when he walked in. Then as other's have said, his win ratio isn't THAT impressive. I think that they've flattered to deceive under him. In fact, second half of the season they really seemed to stagnate. They lost as many games as United in the end!!!

Secondly, I wouldn't trust the guy as far as I could throw him. People are talking about him being sacked within a year but I wouldn't be surprised if he did ok then bailed out before Levy even has the chance. I'd be totally amazed if he's there in 2 years time.

Offline Billy Blaze

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2014, 06:36:35 pm »
I don't think people should be too happy about this appointment. It looks way too similiar to the likes of Rodgers and Martinez. If Pochettino can do as he did with southampton, then spurs would be a challenger for the top 4(much more than under Sherwood). Spurs have a better squad than Southampton and more money to spend.

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2014, 06:37:37 pm »
Bit underwhelmed to be honest. Really wanted an experienced head at the helm. Lot of fans seem happy with the appointment though. To be fair, Southampton certainly played some nice stuff under him. Plus being Argentinian you'd think he'd know the kind of talent Lamela is (if we ever find out where Tim buried him)

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2014, 06:37:46 pm »
Does this mean we (Liverpool) stand more change of getting our Southampton targets now?
Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2014, 06:38:23 pm »
I like him. I hope Spurs do what they always do and fuck it up and fire him. If he gets time he could turn Spurs into a real threat. Hopefully he will be shafted like AVB was.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2014, 06:38:35 pm »
Bit underwhelmed to be honest. Really wanted an experienced head at the helm. Lot of fans seem happy with the appointment though. To be fair, Southampton certainly played some nice stuff under him. Plus you'd think he'd know the kind of talent Lamela is (if we ever find out where Tim buried him)

You'll be a tough team to play against once he's got you playing the way he wants you to play.

Offline redlight

• Kemlynite
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2014, 06:38:49 pm »
Think hes a good manager could do well, but knowing Spurs he'll get canned for not getting 4th at the end of the season.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2014, 06:40:11 pm »
If Pochettino can do as he did with southampton, then spurs would be a challenger for the top 4(much more than under Sherwood). Spurs have a better squad than Southampton and more money to spend.

I certainly think Spurs will have a better season then they did in the last one.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2014, 06:40:20 pm »
I don't think people should be too happy about this appointment. It looks way too similiar to the likes of Rodgers and Martinez. If Pochettino can do as he did with southampton, then spurs would be a challenger for the top 4(much more than under Sherwood). Spurs have a better squad than Southampton and more money to spend.

Do they? I can't decide myself.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2014, 06:41:00 pm »
Does this mean we (Liverpool) stand more change of getting our Southampton targets now?

In theory yeah, but people will panic and whinge that this means Spurs will sign them instead.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2014, 06:44:31 pm »
In theory yeah, but people will panic and whinge that this means Spurs will sign them instead.
unless Spurs are prepared to pay more, that logic doesn't hold IMO
Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2014, 06:45:17 pm »

Well you only have to look at were Spurs finished last season compared to Southampton, despite having and inferior manager to know that they have got a better squad.

Offline Rafalutionary

• Legacy Fan
  • For Sure
« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2014, 06:45:57 pm »
Like most managers who go there I can see it ending badly for him in a few months time. I reckon he'll have them in 6th place come December then Spurs will sack him because the team's perceived as not challenging the Top 4 'which is where they should be' such is the inflated ego of Tottenham.
"The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the games and they know what they want to see. The people on the Kop make you feel great yet humble" - Bill Shankly

Offline Billy Blaze

• Main Stander
« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2014, 06:48:09 pm »

Not only do spurs have a more talented squad, they also have more depth. They still ended up with 13 more points than southampton, even though they had EL and the worst manager in premier league. They also have more money and will be able to buy players in the summer, while southampton looks like they are selling all their best players.

There are 7 teams battling for top 4 and spurs are one of them. Hell i would even say they have a bigger potential than everton.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2014, 06:48:53 pm »
5 year deal?

The fuckwits.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline EmotionalCitrus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2014, 06:50:06 pm »
Not only do spurs have a more talented squad, they also have more depth. They still ended up with 13 more points than southampton, even though they had EL and the worst manager in premier league. They also have more money and will be able to buy players in the summer, while southampton looks like they are selling all their best players.

There are 7 teams battling for top 4 and spurs are one of them. Hell i would even say they have a bigger potential than everton.

Did you watch Spurs at all last year? I would love to know where this 'talented squad' is.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2014, 06:52:24 pm »
Well firstly I'm not sure about just how impressive a job he's actually done. OK they finished 8th, had some great results and played some decent football but EVERYTHING below them in the table was utter, utter shite. Plus they were already on an upward trajectory IMO when he walked in. Then as other's have said, his win ratio isn't THAT impressive. I think that they've flattered to deceive under him. In fact, second half of the season they really seemed to stagnate. They lost as many games as United in the end!!!

Secondly, I wouldn't trust the guy as far as I could throw him. People are talking about him being sacked within a year but I wouldn't be surprised if he did ok then bailed out before Levy even has the chance. I'd be totally amazed if he's there in 2 years time.
Hmmmm, well argued..

I will now borrow it as my opinion ;D
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2014, 06:52:32 pm »
Gone in 18 months because of levy's idiocy at having no patience.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2014, 06:54:24 pm »
Did you watch Spurs at all last year? I would love to know where this 'talented squad' is.

Soldado and Lamela were absolutely superb players for their previous clubs. I'm definitely not giving up on them yet. Think they've been mismanaged quite badly the past few months

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: May 27, 2014, 06:54:55 pm »
I would have gone for De Boer

Seems to be a very impressive young manager. 4 league titles with ajax playing good attacking football

Ajaz hadn't won league for 6 years prior to his appoitnment so its not meaningless like winning a title with celtic

Offline Abrak

• Pulling his Peter Principle
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: May 27, 2014, 06:56:51 pm »
The simple fact of the matter is that while Spurs have aspirations to be a top 4 club they simply dont have the finances. The top 5 clubs will have revenues of 280m+ next season and Spurs will have revenues of 170m. It really doesnt give them much hope of beating 2 of those 5 in order to make top 4 however well they are managed. So pretty inevitably, sooner or later, the new manager will be seen as a disappointment for not achieving the goals that Spurs supporters and owners think they are entitled to.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: May 27, 2014, 06:58:05 pm »
They severely underperformed and still won 69 points. If they would have played anywhere near their potential, they would have been in the high 70's.

Its a good squad that just needs guidance. He's a good coach..should be a decent fit in time.

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #66 on: May 27, 2014, 06:58:19 pm »
Doesn't matter who they hire.

It's the Spurs hierachy that are the problem.

Getting rid of Levy would be a start but I reckon a new owner might be the eventual answer.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: May 27, 2014, 06:59:51 pm »
His success at Southampton was built on young, talented hungry players who bought 100% in to his philosophy and were willing to put in hard shifts to make his style work.
He is also lauded for doing with Southampton what will get him fired at Spurs results wise.
Spurs squad really is a hodgepodge of abilities, styles and commitment levels.
He needs time and he could do wonders for them, but Spurs seem just a tad delusional. They will expect him to finish above richer teams, bigger teams, more settled teams just because they are Spurs with their imaginary recent history of titles and European titles.
Odds on him getting fired after they lose at their place to 'arry late in the season?
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline Billy Blaze

• Main Stander
« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2014, 07:01:26 pm »

Yes i did watch spurs, and probably more than anyone else here because of Eriksen. Danish television have almost shown every spurs match, both premier league and europa league.

What i saw was a talented squad that had no gameplan whatsoever. In fact, they were often set up to fail. I have followed premier league in a long time and i'm not sure i have seen a manager as clueless as Sherwood.

I still think that spurs and united have the best squad to challenge the top four.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: May 27, 2014, 07:01:36 pm »
Doesn't matter who they hire.

It's the Spurs hierachy that are the problem.

Getting rid of Levy would be a start but I reckon a new owner might be the eventual answer.
In terms of points per game, under Levy and in the past 5 seasons. Its the best Spurs have been in the 3 points for a win era. I dont think the issue is Levy, the issue seems to be fans and media expecting Spurs to be something that they have very rarely, if ever been.
So instead of appreciating a decent few seasons where they are winning quite a lot of points, they a moaning like they are used to so much more. I guess you can hope for it but to expect it? I dont know.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 07:03:24 pm by b_joseph »

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #70 on: May 27, 2014, 07:07:54 pm »
In terms of points per game, under Levy and in the past 5 seasons. Its the best Spurs have been in the 3 points for a win era. I dont think the issue is Levy, the issue seems to be fans and media expecting Spurs to be something that they have very rarely, if ever been.
So instead of appreciating a decent few seasons where they are winning quite a lot of points, they a moaning like they are used to so much more. I guess you can hope for it but to expect it? I dont know.

Levy's a fucking weapon.

Should never have got rid of AVB. They would never have allowed the like of Rodgers his first season with us and that's the problem.

There is a certain degree of delusion but that was born of out them going 4th, 5th, 4th, 5th. That leads many to think it is a plum job and it aint. Solely because it will never be a plum job when they shift managers like they do.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2014, 07:09:46 pm »
I think the media are giving Pochettino far too much credit for fostering a good squad atmosphere at Southampton and assuming that he'll be able to do the same at spurs.

When he joined Southampton they were already a tight-knit young group who had been through several promotions already, and he could hardly speak English anyways.

The atmosphere in the squad when he joins Spurs will be completely different and much less harmonious, especially on the back of Tim Sherwood.

As for playing style, Im not so sure Spurs have the personnel in midfield or attack to play a high-press, and much less so any defenders who are capable of playing effectively in a high line.

Solid move for Spurs though from a purely footballing perspective, but I wonder if he'll be given enough time to get his ideas ingrained. The move is more of a risk for Pochettino either way, but I suppose he sees this as his best chance of moving up in the league in the next couple of years given how defined all the other top clubs are now with their manager situations.

I think he could get 4th if all things go right (Lamela up-and-firing would be a start) but personally I can't see them getting any higher than 6th next year.

Offline jamieredders

• Legacy Fan
  • Upper Centenary Boys - We Are Here
    • Live Online Footy at a bargain price
« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2014, 07:13:01 pm »
Will just be another case of Shitey Spurs continuing to be shite.

Has gone on for 53 years and it's fookin hilarious

;D
Season Ticket Holder in 2011.  A 16 year wait for a top seat in CE6.

Offline Bird Bird Bird The Bird Is The Word

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brace for Impact
« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2014, 07:26:19 pm »
Downwards?

Redknapp - QPR
Tim Sherwood?...

Some stepping stones sink for certain people ;)

Offline Carly

• Rafa Obsessive. Wales Rugby Union fan. Defianately!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2014, 07:28:52 pm »
Always thought he was a smart guy, but taking the Spurs job is mad. 

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: May 27, 2014, 07:32:46 pm »
Eh, when did he leave Southampton?

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #76 on: May 27, 2014, 07:32:56 pm »
Is there a good player there somewhere in Lamela?

I was surprised Pothettino didn't get more out of Gaston Ramirez, I hope it is the same with Lamela.

They'll find it hard to adapt to a high pressing game with the likes of Adebayor, Soldado, Eriksen etc in the team.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #77 on: May 27, 2014, 07:36:18 pm »
When do the sign his interpreter or will he have to use Tim's one?
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline child-in-time

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: May 27, 2014, 07:38:46 pm »
Downwards?

Redknapp - QPR
Tim Sherwood?...

Some stepping stones sink for certain people ;)

This. Juande Ramos went on to manage Real Madrid and just got Dnipro into the qualifying rounds of the CL for the very first time in club's history. Redknapp should of taken the England job and is not exactly a bad manager. Zenit is not a step down for AVB I think and Sherwood should of never gotten the job in first place.

However, imo Pochettino will do well with Spurs and I can see taking Lambert/Lovren with him.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Offline Flaccid Bobby Fowler

• Supports the No To Racism campaign. Good lad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • *****In Istanbul, we won it 5 times*****
« Reply #79 on: May 27, 2014, 07:40:50 pm »
Any of the more stat friendly folks on here got any comparisons to Atkins? Win ratio, games played, scored conceeded etc?