Author Topic: Marvel Musings. Now with Spidey Spoilers.  (Read 628167 times)

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
The main Guardians team that comic fans will be aware of started up in 2008, where they were a team of about 6-7 and soon became about 10. The latest relaunch of the book (as well as the film) streamline that team a bit but the makeup is all there.

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Micheal Douglas has been confirmed to play Hank Pym in the Ant-Man film! Paul Rudd will be Scott Lang, which explains why they confirmed Rudd, but not who he was playing.

The film has already been described as a heist style film, so presumably it will revolve around Lang stealing Pyms Ant-Man gear, and using it himself.

Can't wait for this, it sounds like it could be phenomenal.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Rumours that Johnny Depp is in talks to play Dr Strange as well
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
Rumours that Johnny Depp is in talks to play Dr Strange as well

Have a lot of respect for Johnny Depp but that says car crash to me.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Don't want.

Really don't think he'd work as Strange at all. Anyway, cant see it being true, they haven't even confirmed a Dr Strange film yet, so doubt they'd be looking at casting yet.

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline RedSandgrounder

• Legacy Fan
Micheal Douglas has been confirmed to play Hank Pym in the Ant-Man film! Paul Rudd will be Scott Lang, which explains why they confirmed Rudd, but not who he was playing.

The film has already been described as a heist style film, so presumably it will revolve around Lang stealing Pyms Ant-Man gear, and using it himself.

Can't wait for this, it sounds like it could be phenomenal.

Remember in the comics Pym created Ultron too, could he have a part to play in Age of Ultron?!
PSN: DHitchers

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Nah, for one it's set after Age of Ultron. But Whedon has stated before that Hank isn't the creator of Ultron in the movie universe. My money's on some Stark tech that the government try to manipulate and it goes "Fuck this" and starts kicking off.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
Jon Hamm will play Dr Strange.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Yesterday they were saying  Johnny Depp is up for the role and having meetings with Marvel execs.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
They were. Lots of news sources claiming Hamm is confirmed now though, much better choice imo.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
Nah, for one it's set after Age of Ultron. But Whedon has stated before that Hank isn't the creator of Ultron in the movie universe. My money's on some Stark tech that the government try to manipulate and it goes "Fuck this" and starts kicking off.
There were rumours that Jarvis could become Ultron.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Thats more like it. He would be a far better choice for Doctor Strange.

Offline Geormajesty

• Legacy Fan
Thomas Kretschmann has been cast as 'major villain' Baron Wolfgang von Strucker in Avengers: Age of Ultron.

I have absolutely no idea who that is.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Thomas Kretschmann has been cast as 'major villain' Baron Wolfgang von Strucker in Avengers: Age of Ultron.

Hydra supervillian

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
Hydra supervillian
They got a Hydra Super villain to play Baron Wolfgang von Strucker? That's typecasting, isn't it?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 08:19:33 pm by Infernal King Brian Blessed »

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
They got a Hydra Super villain to play Baron Wolfgang von Strucker? That's typecasting, isn't it?

Was said he nailed his audition, perfect accent.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer

He played the Pope in a film about John Paul II. (Not Benedict, the one who was in the Hitler youth, before anyone starts with the whole neo nazi thing...)
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
So the Marvel One Shot, All Hail The King, is available now at certain internet locations.  Only 10 minutes or so, but definitely an enjoyable 10 minutes.

Spoiler
Justin Hammer!
[close]
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
So the Marvel One Shot, All Hail The King, is available now at certain internet locations.  Only 10 minutes or so, but definitely an enjoyable 10 minutes.

Spoiler
Justin Hammer!
[close]

Here is Hail The King (15mins ) https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=772993916063929

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
Thought this was really disappointing, and i really liked the first one.

Why are all the Marvel villains so shit?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Here is Hail The King (15mins ) https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=772993916063929

Nice one mate.

That last scene makes me think we may get a follow up one shot. Yeah I know that doesn't make sense seeing as it's called a One Shot but they can't just leave it there.

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
Nice one mate.

That last scene makes me think we may get a follow up one shot. Yeah I know that doesn't make sense seeing as it's called a One Shot but they can't just leave it there.
The major problem I have with Marvel is they let their directors do what ever they want. In the case of Iron Man 3 - I think the director had too much lee way. For a few laughs he destroyed one of Iron Mans main enemies. It was a selfish move that reduced the options for future directors.

Spoiler
I hope the ending where they implied the real Mandarin was coming gets picked up. The sad thing is Ben Kingley would have made an awesome Mandarin.  I'm not sure which actor they can turn to now?

[close]

Spoiler
The Justin Hammer stuff was awesome
[close]

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
He was amazing as Gandhi, but now is reduced to this crap? I don't understand, the payday for a web thing can't be that great.

Aside from that, this wasn't good at all. Are there anymore?

Offline Vintage Nerd

• Legacy Fan
He was amazing as Gandhi, but now is reduced to this crap? I don't understand, the payday for a web thing can't be that great.

Aside from that, this wasn't good at all. Are there anymore?

There is a one shot attached to every recent Marvel Blu Ray bar Hulk, the first few are Agent Coulson centric and tie the "phase one" films together, "Item 47" and "Agent Carter" are both great as stand alone one shots though.

I enjoyed "All Hail The King", even if it did essentially revert the Iron Man trilogy back point one (villain wise).
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."

Hunter S. Thompso
n

Offline Vintage Nerd

• Legacy Fan
Captain America 2 Post Credits

Spoiler
film has been screened to test audiences, and apparently there is a reference in it to the "twins", which leads to a post credits appearance of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. Interestingly that would also mean Marvel get the characters on screen before Fox's incarnation. unconfirmed if there is one or two credit sequences.
[close]
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."

Hunter S. Thompso
n

Offline Baraka

• bama. But a lot lot lot lot stupider. Has an IQ of 6½
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Captain America 2, Agents of SHIELD and Other Marvel "Phase Two" Musings
« Reply #187 on: February 5, 2014, 03:15:47 pm »
sooooo, end of last  shield episode...

Spoiler
Mike as Deathlok? or is he just going to use a leg? interesting.
[close]
South Park>>>>>All.

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: February 6, 2014, 11:20:38 am »
Enjoyed the All Hail The King, it was what I think most people were expecting from it. Leaves some interesting possibilities open.

Offline DanFromMars

• Stays up all night playing cards. Henri Winterman cigars
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Indie Retro News
« Reply #189 on: February 6, 2014, 12:14:34 pm »
Thor 2 was quite a bit shit like.

Spoiler
So did Loki kill Anthony Hopkins at the end there?
[close]
Indie Retro Gaming News Site
http://www.indieretronews.com/

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
« Reply #190 on: February 7, 2014, 03:44:21 am »
Superhero Paul Bettany signs up for the Marvel party: British actor will star as The Vision in new Avengers movie Age of Ultron

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2553450/Superhero-Paul-Bettany-signs-Marvel-party-British-actor-star-The-Vision-new-Avengers-movie-Age-Ultron.html

Offline kopitecrash

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #191 on: February 7, 2014, 06:22:55 am »
Thor 2 was quite a bit shit like.

Spoiler
So did Loki kill Anthony Hopkins at the end there?
[close]

I thought it was decent but god, Ecclestone... he was a bit crap.

And no. But it points to something having gone awry. 
You could open a door with him, he's such a knob.

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: February 7, 2014, 09:12:22 am »
Superhero Paul Bettany signs up for the Marvel party: British actor will star as The Vision in new Avengers movie Age of Ultron

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2553450/Superhero-Paul-Bettany-signs-Marvel-party-British-actor-star-The-Vision-new-Avengers-movie-Age-Ultron.html

I was wondering if Vision would be brought in here, or in a later film, because of Ultron and such. This is good, and obviously depends how much time Vision has on screen, but we're introducing Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch and Ultron in this film, and now Vision. That's as much as I'd like, if a little too much.

But, what I'd wager on is Vision will be like Ultron's henchman that doesn't get much development. Spoilers in case you haven't read the comic and don't want to know his story:

Spoiler
Until he goes against Ultron and fights alongside the Avengers. That's how I'd imagine they'd go with it. It's a good story and would fit well in the movie Universe.
[close]

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
« Last Edit: February 7, 2014, 04:24:31 pm by MagicB8all »

Offline Vintage Nerd

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: February 18, 2014, 04:12:27 pm »
Guardians of the Galaxy trailer getting screened tonight, 15 second teaser;

http://youtu.be/hbFPyMOHcHQ

Hunter S. Thompso
n

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: February 18, 2014, 04:24:07 pm »
Guardians of the Galaxy trailer getting screened tonight, 15 second teaser;

http://youtu.be/hbFPyMOHcHQ

Still honestly can't see this doing anything but flopping, compared to the other Marvel films at least
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline ShatnersBassoon

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #196 on: February 18, 2014, 04:43:14 pm »
im working on gotg at the moment. seems a somewhat risky project for marvel to me but who knows.

seems like a more kiddie avengers so could do well with the younger audience.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: February 18, 2014, 04:46:21 pm »
Absolutely immense amount of toys and other merchandise for kids shown off for this over the weekend at the Toy Fair in the US. I think Disney are definitely expecting this to be a hit with children.

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: February 19, 2014, 05:30:23 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/pTZ2Tp9yXyM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/pTZ2Tp9yXyM</a>
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline Vintage Nerd

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: February 19, 2014, 05:33:13 am »
Completely left field from Marvel, was a big Guardians fan anyway, but cannot wait for this movie.

Hunter S. Thompso
n