Author Topic: The I'm a fat bastard and trying to lose weight thread aka JoeyC's skiving zone  (Read 480490 times)

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
I asked this question here before but cant find it. Anyone had any experience of using matcha tea for weight loss? I used to have it but it tasted like shit so had to put honey in there but someone told me it would cancel out the benefits of the matcha leaves
I mean, I guess if you're swapping Dr Pepper or something for matcha tea it will work, otherwise what is it for? I quite like matcha tea but it's an acquired taste.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
I asked this question here before but cant find it. Anyone had any experience of using matcha tea for weight loss? I used to have it but it tasted like shit so had to put honey in there but someone told me it would cancel out the benefits of the matcha leaves

No, but I wanted to delve into why you think it would help.

If you're having the same diet you've had for years, plus drinking tea, nothing will happen other than you'll be a bit hydrated.

If you find you're eating less or drinking less calorific stuff like pop, because the matcha tea is dampening your hunger or you're not craving the fizzy calorific stuff, then it's going to help you lose weight.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan

If you drink matcha tea but consume too many calories, it'll do fuck all. If you drink matcha tea and consume at a calorie deficit you'll lose weight. It's then just your choice as to whether you want to attribute that to the matcha tea or not!
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
Faie enough I think I'll give it a miss then, the taste is terrible and it won't really be substituting anything as I don't drink fizzy drinks or tea/coffee. Back to the gym tomorrow for me, a long and hard journey awaits as I'm currently the most unfit I've ever been.

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
89.8kg  8)

88.9, Gonna carry on until Friday then Monday start a nice slow lean bulk, i'm looking a bit skinny now.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
I went from a round 84kg to a lean 72kg within the space of 6 months back in 2017, before putting it all back on and (much) more in the space of 3 years. The scales hit 97kg just over a year ago and gave me a bit of a wake-up call. I got it down to 94kg but put it all on hold until the start of this year as I wasn't really in the right frame of mind due to stuff going on in my personal life. That sounds like an excuse but far from it in reality...

Down to 85kg as of this morning, which is 12kg down from just over a year ago, but still another 12kg from where I'd like to be. Can't wait for the scales to hit less than 80kg, which I haven't seen since probably late 2017. But to be honest my aim is to just maintain a healthy weight, which I've struggled with. Going from 84kg to 72kg to 82kg to 88kg to 97kg in the past 5 years probably hasn't been the best thing to do to my body...
« Last Edit: June 3, 2021, 11:31:57 am by El Denzel Pepito »

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
its going in the right direction now though so well done
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Mine's not. Went into lockdown in December at 105kgs, tipped the scales at 116.8 the other day. Finding motivation to get out and do anything right now has been tough and I really need a kick up the arse.

• Legacy Fan
Mine's not. Went into lockdown in December at 105kgs, tipped the scales at 116.8 the other day. Finding motivation to get out and do anything right now has been tough and I really need a kick up the arse.

The fact that you know you need a kick up the arse is what should give you a kick up the arse. Make yourself accountable to someone, even if it needs to be us. Take progress pictures. And stop making excuses - you don't need to get out and do anything to lose weight, first and foremost you just need to eat less!

Sorry if that comes across as harsh, I only have good intentions!
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Its not harsh at all, its completely true, I'm just stuck in a rut right now and I'm trying hard to get out of it but I can't. Initial progress photos were taken the other day by the way, which I guess is a start?

• Legacy Fan
Its not harsh at all, its completely true, I'm just stuck in a rut right now and I'm trying hard to get out of it but I can't. Initial progress photos were taken the other day by the way, which I guess is a start?

Yes definitely a start! And honestly the transformation your body can make from just losing a few pounds is huge, and that can then provide the motivation to keep going. So starting is the hardest part.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Got down to 15st 11lbs last week, but started a weeks holiday with we are treating like a proper holiday as we should have been in Lanzarote, so eating out every night.

Doing a 5 mile walk every morning and skipping brekkie to help keep the damage down.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

• Legacy Fan
Got down to 15st 11lbs last week, but started a weeks holiday with we are treating like a proper holiday as we should have been in Lanzarote, so eating out every night.

Doing a 5 mile walk every morning and skipping brekkie to help keep the damage down.

Enjoy it! Not much damage can be done over the course of a week and what damage is done is easily reversible. Quick tip though - don't weigh yourself when you get back as it might get you down (water weight etc). Give it a week or two of solid dieting first.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Not sure about skipping breakfast either

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Enjoy it! Not much damage can be done over the course of a week and what damage is done is easily reversible. Quick tip though - don't weigh yourself when you get back as it might get you down (water weight etc). Give it a week or two of solid dieting first.

You never saw what I ate in Florida in 2007 :lmao

Missus has hidden the scales so I don't go and jump on them.

Not sure about skipping breakfast either

I normally wouldn't but I'm not really hungry in the mornings this week, so I feel I'm eating for the sake of it. We're about to take the kids for a walk and then brekkie, I'll just have a coffee as we are going back out for our dinner after that.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
If I didnt eat a breakfast (which is VERY rare) Id find i'd probably over compensate by horsing a massive lunch and or dinner.

I weighed myself this morning. In two weeks ive done no training but havent had a drink as I have been on antibiotics for a chest infection plus busy in work and busy with the little man

only put on one pound, I finished the meds yesterday so hoping I can get a run in today and maybe early  tomorrow

Im seeing family tomorrow and i know one or two are gonna mention my weight, i just know it

in a way i cant blame them, hopefully in a few weeks time I can shed some pounds and surprise them

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
It’s half term week so wide and kids have been at home meaning I haven’t been able to snack on shite to my heart’s (dis)content. No more running than usual but have lost 4-5lbs.

Just need to keep that discipline up when I’m back on my own and battling temptation to raid the chocolates and crisps.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
its going in the right direction now though so well done

Thanks mate. Hoping to keep myself accountable this time.  I've re-downloaded MyFitnessPal, which I stopped using in 2018, and going for 1600 calories a day for the next 6 weeks at least before reassessing.

I know it's not the healthiest, but the thing that stops me from going over my calories is skipping lunch and having a protein shake or two instead. I usually get quite hungry in the middle of the day and end up snacking on anything and everything. My dinners are always controlled and never over 600-700 calories (except the odd takeaway), so if I can keep to 1000 calories or less over the rest of the day, then it should be fairly easy sailing (in theory!).

These are extremely pricey but one or two of these during a day usually fills me up until dinner: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Grenade-Killa-Brownie-Protein-Bottles/dp/B07WHQ178M?th=1. Getting the powder is obviously much much more economical but I usually can never get on with the taste after a few days of having it. These are genuinely delicious and my biggest craving is chocolate so it keeps me in check.

Aiming for 75kg by the end of August now. 10kg in 3 months which sounds like a very uphill task but no point setting a lower bar. If I miss it and get to 78kg or so I'll definitely still take it.

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
You're genuinely better off eating real food than swapping meals for protein shakes, but if it works for you then it works. 6-700 calories is a pretty substantial meal, and if you load up on veggies and salad they're barely worth counting calories for and you'll feel much fuller.

Especially them carb Killa, they're delicious but it's not a meal, you'll end up deficient in micronutrients eventually.
« Last Edit: June 5, 2021, 07:18:44 am by L4Red »

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Legacy Fan
Yeah totally aware it’s not something sustainable or massively good for me long-term. As I said, I’m aiming for 1600 calories for the next 6 weeks before reassessing, at which point hopefully I’ll have got some discipline back with my diet and can then move back to having a light lunch with an added protein shake.

I know it’s better to get them from food, but I’ve got some multivitamin tablets to at least ensure I’m not missing out on some vitamins entirely.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
Which protein shake do you have? There's so many I can't even take an educated decision. Missus recommended Slimfast, and some new Keto version they have out at the moment

• Legacy Fan
Which protein shake do you have? There's so many I can't even take an educated decision. Missus recommended Slimfast, and some new Keto version they have out at the moment

Don't think Slimfast shakes are very high in protein, but it depends if you're working out? If so, you can't go wrong with any Whey Protein powder, which are all much the same (apart from the mass gainers). MyProtein, Optimum Nutrition etc.

MyProtein is probably the best for choice of flavours. 

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
If I didnt eat a breakfast (which is VERY rare) Id find i'd probably over compensate by horsing a massive lunch and or dinner.

I had to do it last week as we were on holiday, so we out for dinner and an evening meal every day, plus drinking, so I wanted to remove the calories ;D I did walk a minimum of 5 miles every morning though and walked to where we were eating most days.

Back in work now, I've had a round of toast, beans and a single egg omelette for brekkie and already drank a litre and a half of water. Plan is to eat salads for dinner and sometimes for tea, otherwise it'll be veg curries or chicken and loads of veg.

It’s half term week so wide and kids have been at home meaning I haven’t been able to snack on shite to my heart’s (dis)content. No more running than usual but have lost 4-5lbs.

Just need to keep that discipline up when I’m back on my own and battling temptation to raid the chocolates and crisps.

That's the only thing I miss about the year I spent living alone, I had nothing in the house that was unhealthy. I'd split with my gf in July 05 and was 19st stone at the end of January 2006, with cycling before work, swimming at dinner and eating healthy I dropped to 15st 4 by the May and was the fittest I'd been in years. Since we had kids, there are always chocolate, crisps, biscuits and shite in the house and I have really poor willpower - her working from home helps as I can't go in the cupboard without her hearing and shouting at me ;D

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
How important is breakfast? I wake up some days and feel like I just eat it out of habit and for the sake of it.

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
Honestly it won't do you any harm not having it, especially if you're trying to lose weight. Look into intermittent fasting.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Honestly it won't do you any harm not having it, especially if you're trying to lose weight. Look into intermittent fasting.

Yeah I thought as much. I've spoken to a couple of people recently who have lost a good bit of weight who didn't start eating until around midday.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah I thought as much. I've spoken to a couple of people recently who have lost a good bit of weight who didn't start eating until around midday.

The important thing to note with intermittent fasting in my opinion is that it's not a weight loss solution, it's a lifestyle choice. If it suits you and better allows you to fit your daily calories in then great, if it feels like you have to force yourself to fit your meals into the eating window, don't bother.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
Don't think Slimfast shakes are very high in protein, but it depends if you're working out? If so, you can't go wrong with any Whey Protein powder, which are all much the same (apart from the mass gainers). MyProtein, Optimum Nutrition etc.

MyProtein is probably the best for choice of flavours. 

Just on this point, and some earlier around potential lack of nutritional balance to your diet - have a look at Huel.

They do various options, including bars and powders, but their primary offerings are not just 'protein powder' - it's nutritionally balanced, which ticks that particular box whilst also giving the option of something quick and easy and high in protein.

The bars are 200 kcal and 20g of protein, as an example.

I've used MyProtein for years, but have recently started using some of the Huel stuff, and it's good. When you're trying to cut, it's a nice, easy way of getting a balanced meal at a set calorie count as well.

Obviously sticking with actual food is always the best option, but if you're looking for a convenient alternative, I'd recommend taking a look at them anyway.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 11:09:41 am by Grobbelrevell »
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Have eaten slightly better over the last week and lost 1kg, which is a start :) increasing activity levels over the next few weeks as well so will hopefully see more drop off :)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Have eaten slightly better over the last week and lost 1kg, which is a start :) increasing activity levels over the next few weeks as well so will hopefully see more drop off :)

Nice one mate, I’ve been the same over the last ten days or so. Football on every night isn’t helping the urge to have a beer or two but trying to save that for weekends. Trying to do a run or a HIIT workout every day at the moment which will help, as long as I stay away from eating shite!

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
I bought a bottle of that huel in sainburys, vile. Thicker than an Essex girl and barely drinkable

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Grobbelramble
I bought a bottle of that huel in sainburys, vile. Thicker than an Essex girl and barely drinkable

Haha, fair enough mate - I've only tried the pre-mixed shakes a couple of times and thought they were alright.

I tend to use the powder and bars moreso though.

Personal preference, as always.
Twitter | Blog

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
Used to have no issue losing weight previously. Every year in Uni I would put on 10kg's but lose it over 2-3 months in the summer using calorie counting methods and hitting the gym.

But COVID has been a killer for me. Work stress and long work hours in summer are making it hard to eat well and work out. Although my cooking skills have improved a lot and I don't eat out much, I do tend to overeat. I also find it hard to stay motivated to go to the gym unless I am with a friend.

Ideally, I would like to lose 20 KG over the next year to reach my dream weight of 75KG. But would be happy if I can lose 10KG. Gonna buy me a bike and start doing 30-50km bike rides every weekend.

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
Haha, fair enough mate - I've only tried the pre-mixed shakes a couple of times and thought they were alright.

I tend to use the powder and bars moreso though.

Personal preference, as always.

Course, if it works for you then what's it got to do with me ;D

I also think I have a hatred cos im followed around the internet (reddit is the worst) by their adverts, especially the one with the chef gets right on my tits.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Grobbelramble
Up to 9 kilos as of this morning. Much slower progress over the last 5 or 6 weeks, not least because of a couple of birthdays in there, but really happy overall. One more to my secondary target.

Slightly annoyingly, I bought a pair of 40KG adjustable dumbbells 6 months ago and they've basically fallen apart, so having to make do with some bodyweight circuits at the minute, coupled with the walking/skipping.

Put 3 or 4 kilos back on over a few weeks including birthdays and a couple of BBQs.

Back in a good routine for the last few days and heading in the right direction again. Currently at 8.2 kilos lost from my starting weight on Jan 4th.

I haven't managed to hit my overall goal (which was to lose 10 kilos) yet - closest I got was 0.6 away.

I've got a wedding in Belfast in about 3 weeks so i'm determined I'm getting over the line in time for that.

1.8 kilos to go and then see where we are then.
Twitter | Blog

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
This weird pandemic year helped me reset many things about my life. From clearing out pointless people and activities (good riddance social media) thus redirecting energy towards ones that matter, to replacing tobacco with vaping, starting to exercise regularly and replacing streaming/browsing hours with reading. But one thing persisted - messy and oscilating diet and weight. In a way it was the last resort of the inner monkey who reacts to events without thinking - resulting in binge eating of anything available and pretty much permanent loop of peaking weight gain, rapid guilt driven weight loss - then all over again.

I tried out diets while on the 'guilty fat fuck' slope down the mountain. Few years ago a pretty strict keto regime - and I would lose weight, but it was a chore, I felt miserable as the food is too uniformed. So once I'd open the floodgates - up we go again. Basically my relationship with food was broken, still is to a point but now I'm finally working on it. I'm 180cm tall and would end most winters at around 90-93 kg - which is well over 10+ kg of the official 'overweight' level. Not that I minded it too much. I'd drop down to say 86 easily and that's the perma-loop where I've been for ages. This time I went into the 'great reset' with one simple goal - find a relationship with food that works for me, is healthy, varied and sustainable in the long term. Essentially I'll work towards reforming my habits, taking hints from the body as I go along and adjust and tweak until I no longer even have to think about it - it comes naturally. I did not set any weight goals, calorie goals or meal count goals - but I am using a calorie tracking app and also aim to have a well balanced distribution of proteins, carbs and healthy fats. That's about it.

First thing that I implemented is a fasting regime. For as long as I remember - breakfast was the meal I cared little about, that made me feel sluggish, tired and if not proposed by someone else - I'd never even consider. So I just got rid of it as altogether. I normally feel hungry between 16-18h and that's when I'll sit down to eat. Afterwards I'm ok with few smaller snacks - so that's the meal schedule I follow and it felt so simple adopting. Like my proper rhythm - that I ignored. Food wise, I always had a shitty relationship with all sorts of breads, pastries, pasta and rice. Growing up relatively poor, bread, pasta and rice were cheap filler foods I had to eat all the time - so the habit stuck, but these days I feel like a truck parked in my guts if I eat bread - so I simply chalked these foods off my list. No more of that, they don't agree with me any loger if they ever have. Same went for any high processed shit, either sweet or savory, that contributes zero healthy nutrients and is just dead weight and repackaged guilt. It took me about two weeks to nail these simple rules and tweak them - that was six weeks ago.

After those two weeks I was sitting at 88kg, but felt ok and ready to make this work. My calorie intake was around 1700-2100 calories. I simply tracked it - determined never to go hungry and if I felt in a bingy mood - to find healthier alternatives and somehow reset that habit into something positive. In the six weeks since - I've established a pretty rock solid routine. On top of the other 'no more' foods listed above - I started consuming less and less milk and dairy products. Most commonly I'd eat yoghurts and put milk in my coffee. These days it's black coffee and yoghurts are replaced with fermented foods that take care of balanced gut health. So 'breakfast' is mostly two cups of black coffee. Main meal is usually after 16h and I cook every single day. No ifs and buts - cooking is half the joy of eating. The main meal always starts with a vegetable soup or broth and includes a bowl of salad, mostly lettuce, cherry tomatoes, radish, cucumber etc, some steamed vegetables (prioritising leafy greens) like kale, spinach, savoy cabbage and some either meat or fish. I'd sprinkle this with some fermented foods like sauerkraut, beetroots or gherkins. What is a three bowl+one plate feast bursting with colour and flavour - is mostly from 350-500 calories - pretty much depending on the amount and type of meat. This is much less than some shitty plain sandwich I'd usually buy at work. If I can breathe after this - I'll have some fresh berry fruits for desert. After that I'm set until early evening when I'll snack on various fruits (apples, nectarines or easy peelers) and in the evening what was usually the worst time for pointless binging - I'll drink lemon tea and possibly have more fruit or some nuts. This is now my established routine - I'm nailing the nutrient distribution perfectly most days and the calorie intake dropped organically to an average of 1000-1200 per day without ever feeling hungry, tired, weak. In actuality my energy levels are higher and I work out more (I do try and compensate with more proteins if working out very hard). But most of all - I actually enjoy what I eat, when I eat and am constantly finding new foods to introduce, prepare and experiment with.

At the moment I'm on 79kg and feeling like I'm just beginning to discover how to listen to my body properly and how to provide myself with actual food, not shit. I'll add that I almost never drink alcohol - so the whole process was likely easier for me than someone who enjoys a drink - not just because of calories in the booze, but because once drunk you'll eat anything put before you without blinking.

• Legacy Fan
This weird pandemic year helped me reset many things about my life. From clearing out pointless people and activities (good riddance social media) thus redirecting energy towards ones that matter, to replacing tobacco with vaping, starting to exercise regularly and replacing streaming/browsing hours with reading. But one thing persisted - messy and oscilating diet and weight. In a way it was the last resort of the inner monkey who reacts to events without thinking - resulting in binge eating of anything available and pretty much permanent loop of peaking weight gain, rapid guilt driven weight loss - then all over again.

I tried out diets while on the 'guilty fat fuck' slope down the mountain. Few years ago a pretty strict keto regime - and I would lose weight, but it was a chore, I felt miserable as the food is too uniformed. So once I'd open the floodgates - up we go again. Basically my relationship with food was broken, still is to a point but now I'm finally working on it. I'm 180cm tall and would end most winters at around 90-93 kg - which is well over 10+ kg of the official 'overweight' level. Not that I minded it too much. I'd drop down to say 86 easily and that's the perma-loop where I've been for ages. This time I went into the 'great reset' with one simple goal - find a relationship with food that works for me, is healthy, varied and sustainable in the long term. Essentially I'll work towards reforming my habits, taking hints from the body as I go along and adjust and tweak until I no longer even have to think about it - it comes naturally. I did not set any weight goals, calorie goals or meal count goals - but I am using a calorie tracking app and also aim to have a well balanced distribution of proteins, carbs and healthy fats. That's about it.

First thing that I implemented is a fasting regime. For as long as I remember - breakfast was the meal I cared little about, that made me feel sluggish, tired and if not proposed by someone else - I'd never even consider. So I just got rid of it as altogether. I normally feel hungry between 16-18h and that's when I'll sit down to eat. Afterwards I'm ok with few smaller snacks - so that's the meal schedule I follow and it felt so simple adopting. Like my proper rhythm - that I ignored. Food wise, I always had a shitty relationship with all sorts of breads, pastries, pasta and rice. Growing up relatively poor, bread, pasta and rice were cheap filler foods I had to eat all the time - so the habit stuck, but these days I feel like a truck parked in my guts if I eat bread - so I simply chalked these foods off my list. No more of that, they don't agree with me any loger if they ever have. Same went for any high processed shit, either sweet or savory, that contributes zero healthy nutrients and is just dead weight and repackaged guilt. It took me about two weeks to nail these simple rules and tweak them - that was six weeks ago.

After those two weeks I was sitting at 88kg, but felt ok and ready to make this work. My calorie intake was around 1700-2100 calories. I simply tracked it - determined never to go hungry and if I felt in a bingy mood - to find healthier alternatives and somehow reset that habit into something positive. In the six weeks since - I've established a pretty rock solid routine. On top of the other 'no more' foods listed above - I started consuming less and less milk and dairy products. Most commonly I'd eat yoghurts and put milk in my coffee. These days it's black coffee and yoghurts are replaced with fermented foods that take care of balanced gut health. So 'breakfast' is mostly two cups of black coffee. Main meal is usually after 16h and I cook every single day. No ifs and buts - cooking is half the joy of eating. The main meal always starts with a vegetable soup or broth and includes a bowl of salad, mostly lettuce, cherry tomatoes, radish, cucumber etc, some steamed vegetables (prioritising leafy greens) like kale, spinach, savoy cabbage and some either meat or fish. I'd sprinkle this with some fermented foods like sauerkraut, beetroots or gherkins. What is a three bowl+one plate feast bursting with colour and flavour - is mostly from 350-500 calories - pretty much depending on the amount and type of meat. This is much less than some shitty plain sandwich I'd usually buy at work. If I can breathe after this - I'll have some fresh berry fruits for desert. After that I'm set until early evening when I'll snack on various fruits (apples, nectarines or easy peelers) and in the evening what was usually the worst time for pointless binging - I'll drink lemon tea and possibly have more fruit or some nuts. This is now my established routine - I'm nailing the nutrient distribution perfectly most days and the calorie intake dropped organically to an average of 1000-1200 per day without ever feeling hungry, tired, weak. In actuality my energy levels are higher and I work out more (I do try and compensate with more proteins if working out very hard). But most of all - I actually enjoy what I eat, when I eat and am constantly finding new foods to introduce, prepare and experiment with.

At the moment I'm on 79kg and feeling like I'm just beginning to discover how to listen to my body properly and how to provide myself with actual food, not shit. I'll add that I almost never drink alcohol - so the whole process was likely easier for me than someone who enjoys a drink - not just because of calories in the booze, but because once drunk you'll eat anything put before you without blinking.

Good man. Pretty much everyone is stuck in a routine of needing to eat specific food at specific times, just because it's meant to be normal, rather than listening to their body. Everyone is different; if you don't need breakfast then why waste calories on it?

Only thing I'd say, and I know it goes against your whole post and the message behind it, but 1,000-1,200 calories is incredibly low, especially if you're working out. Don't be against upping it a fair bit, or feel guilty about it, if you do start to struggle as you'll still lose weight from much more than that. The lowest I've gone to is 1,800 and that was only for a couple of weeks at the end of my last cut.

You said you're nailing the nutritional distribution aspect, which I don't doubt, but are you getting enough of everything?

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah, it’s pretty low and it surprised me that I landed on that average as a comfortable level. In reality it’s sometimes a 900 cal day with little carbs but can be a 1600cal day with lot of meat. Few times I felt lacking in energy I immediately compensated and felt no guilt about it. As I said, I’m not chasing intake levels but trying to listen to my actual needs.

Also from about three weeks ago as I settled on that calorie level I started, just in case, taking some supplements to be on the safe side.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just finished building my cross trainer, now for some serious weight loss/improved fitness levels 💪💪💪

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96

I've been absolutely woeful since this, my mental health hasn't been great and its been hard to do anything other than eat shite and not exercise. Been quite neglectful really, going to weight myself in the morning and expecting to be at the heaviest I've ever been but going to sort it all out I think.