Author Topic: The Hip Hop Thread  (Read 790162 times)

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The all new up to date Hip Hop thread
« Reply #40 on: August 4, 2008, 11:06:18 pm »
Touche

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10GDuQWc-Xs&feature=related

The stuff of legends

Eminem shits all over Jay-z and then pisses on him from above. Not even close ;)

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #41 on: August 4, 2008, 11:11:32 pm »
Eminem shits all over Jay-z and then pisses on him from above. Not even close ;)

Raised my eyebrow, but that's a massive argument worth avoiding. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10GDuQWc-Xs&feature=related

The stuff of legends

That's tight but it's a freestyle, the words mean fuck all if you actually listen to it, all Em does is rhymes words with what gets said rather than actually linking them to a topic. It's a dope freestyle though, no doubting that.
We're on our way to glory...

Offline d gorgeous one haz spoken

• and said "You're ugly"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: August 4, 2008, 11:58:02 pm »
Game didn't lose to Budden or 50, don't talk bullshit. The Budden one was closer though.

You may not like Game, I don't know, but those two aren't even up for debate, Game annihilated G-Unit and 50.

The Jay beef wasn't even a proper beef so that doesn't come into it.

I am talking overall on wax, if it came to warfare, Game would take Eminem, because Eminem is a long way from his prime, and never had the rawness Game has.

In a freestyle battle Eminem wins, on wax Game wins. In both their primes, I would take Game too, but I am not a big Em fan.

It's not about me hating him or not, more like you being his stan. ;)

Eminem is a legend, top 5 to most. Game is arguably top 20 so no where near that.

How exactly has he annihilated G-Unit? The man wanted to commit suicide because of his feud with his former boss. Or better yet, Fiddy is still his boss. Whenever Game makes a record, Fiddy makes more money out of it. If anything, it has only made 50 even more rich. True story.

He didn't win against Joe Budden? How come he apologised for starting it? Everyone knows Budden won that battle, it wasn't even a contest.

Joe Budden is one of today's supreme lyricists. Jay-Z and Lil Wayne are less than his equal.

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #43 on: August 5, 2008, 12:06:54 am »
It's not about me hating him or not, more like you being his stan. ;)

Eminem is a legend, top 5 to most. Game is arguably top 20 so no where near that.

How exactly has he annihilated G-Unit? The man wanted to commit suicide because of his feud with his former boss. Or better yet, Fiddy is still his boss. Whenever Game makes a record, Fiddy makes more money out of it. If anything, it has only made 50 even more rich. True story.

He didn't win against Joe Budden? How come he apologised for starting it? Everyone knows Budden won that battle, it wasn't even a contest.

Joe Budden is one of today's supreme lyricists. Jay-Z and Lil Wayne are less than his equal.

Not bothering arguing, think what you want, I have said my piece. I suggest you search some hip hop forums though and see how they thought won the Game vs Budden war.
« Last Edit: August 5, 2008, 12:09:57 am by Tom_B »

• and said "You're ugly"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: August 5, 2008, 12:20:15 am »
I actually was a moderator for rapmusic not too long ago until they decided to change the forum thanks to bootlegs.

Used to visit Allhiphop and SOHH frequently too before 4chan has hacked them thanks to some reckless posters on SOHH's JBO forum.

Offline Tom_B

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #45 on: August 5, 2008, 12:22:47 am »
I actually was a moderator for rapmusic not too long ago until they decided to change the forum thanks to bootlegs.

Used to visit Allhiphop and SOHH frequently too before 4chan has hacked them thanks to some reckless posters on SOHH's JBO forum.

I don't use hip hop forums now for anything other than downloads, too many fakes and clowns.

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: August 5, 2008, 12:54:13 am »

SOHH got pwned. $chan are fucked though

They are shite sites to be honest

www.rapworlds.com is the best by far

• and said "You're ugly"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: August 5, 2008, 01:00:16 am »
SOHH got pwned. $chan are fucked though

They are shite sites to be honest

www.rapworlds.com is the best by far

May have been shite sites, but they were the biggest :)

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: August 5, 2008, 01:02:42 am »
A lot of teeny T.I,Rick Ross boppers though can't stand them good that they are gone though

• and said "You're ugly"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: August 5, 2008, 01:08:44 am »
A lot of teeny T.I,Rick Ross boppers though can't stand them good that they are gone though

In their defense, being the biggest also meant a huge variety of interests.  ;D

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #50 on: August 5, 2008, 08:46:04 pm »

Whip it real hard is the fuckin' boss.

Hmmm, now that is arguable, although when they shared the track on Renegade, Em smashed him.

« Last Edit: August 5, 2008, 08:47:59 pm by GinKop »
JFT97

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
« Reply #51 on: August 5, 2008, 09:46:33 pm »
not particularly uptodate I just love this tune

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdGe4sKgA-s
« Last Edit: August 5, 2008, 09:48:42 pm by The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society »
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: August 6, 2008, 02:52:02 am »
Brilliant chorus by Nate the beat is hot and the verse by Monch was something else.

When I went to see Monch a few years it was easily one of the best performances ever and I have been to a fair number of gigs in the last few years.

Yeah Tom I used to like T.I back in 04 and when his first album I'm Serious came out but he is just a soft c*nt nowdays his flow is not up to scratch and he is more mainstream than Kerry Katona.

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #53 on: August 6, 2008, 07:59:58 pm »
OI! No one informed me about the new thread damnit  :P

Listening to 9th Wonder Mixtape of the Stillmatic album - God's Stepson or whatever - fucking wish there was one version with the explicit lyrics because this is when 9th was fucking amazing

Also been bumping alot of Mega lately (Cormega for you that dont know one of the best New York artists of all time). Really hoping his album comes out soon - always delivers the truth and has a fucking boss ear for beats. And what he says is what he lived - the man is hood through and through  8)
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #54 on: August 6, 2008, 08:01:18 pm »
T.I. aint that bad really, just gets played to shit by idiots.

T.I. is fucking boss - its all the whoppers that ruin him

The album with 'Be Easy' is pretty fucking special - TRAP MUZIK

Yeah Tom I used to like T.I back in 04 and when his first album I'm Serious came out but he is just a soft c*nt nowdays

::)

:lmao

If he is such a soft c*nt why has been in and out of prison his whole life, still in the game after he signed a multi-million dollar contract and is facing crazy time right now?

(if you are harder than that then I am very sorry for offending you)
« Last Edit: August 6, 2008, 08:03:40 pm by Canada Loves Anfield »
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Offline dannymc

• Wannabee RAWK dogger
  • Legacy Fan
  • Any spares
« Reply #55 on: August 6, 2008, 09:12:29 pm »
2pac best!
If he scores more goals than Torres this season ill change me name to Carol.

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: August 6, 2008, 10:51:40 pm »
T.I. is fucking boss - its all the whoppers that ruin him

The album with 'Be Easy' is pretty fucking special - TRAP MUZIK

If he is such a soft c*nt why has been in and out of prison his whole life, still in the game after he signed a multi-million dollar contract and is facing crazy time right now?

(if you are harder than that then I am very sorry for offending you)
Song with DJ Khaled also I wouldn't put it past him about him and his snitching antics. You don't beat a 25 year long case with out leaking info

Offline pascoli

• Shit Googler & Easily Amused Bar Steward...
  • Legacy Fan
  • PER ARDUA AD ASTRA
« Reply #57 on: August 7, 2008, 09:50:39 am »

You answered your own question.

He IS a soft c*nt, BECAUSE he has been in and out of prison his whole life

SO he's signed a million dollar deal, he's rich beyond his wildest dreams. He can probably take his pick from many thousands of women, yet he chooses to fuck up and face "crazy time" (Isnt that a cartoon on the kids channels by the way?)

For me, that is the definition of "A Soft c*nt"

Sorry, but yours is one of the craziest posts ive read in a long time. Are you down with the nogger Dogz or something?

INTERNET TERRORIST. AND PROUD TOO.

Offline pascoli

• Shit Googler & Easily Amused Bar Steward...
  • Legacy Fan
  • PER ARDUA AD ASTRA
« Reply #58 on: August 7, 2008, 09:53:07 am »
Anyways I digress.

HAve just came home from a weekend in Rhyl. Woke up after a particularly heavy night on the Ala, and found  "Ironic" wrote on the back of my hand. Apparantly i had asked the DJ who was singin a certain song i liked, and it was some fella named Ironic.

Anyone heard of him? Any good? What song has he got out at the moment?
 If he hasnt been in and out of jail his whole life though, i'm not interested ;-)
INTERNET TERRORIST. AND PROUD TOO.

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
« Reply #59 on: August 7, 2008, 09:59:56 am »
Anyways I digress.

HAve just came home from a weekend in Rhyl. Woke up after a particularly heavy night on the Ala, and found  "Ironic" wrote on the back of my hand. Apparantly i had asked the DJ who was singin a certain song i liked, and it was some fella named Ironic.

Anyone heard of him? Any good? What song has he got out at the moment?
 If he hasnt been in and out of jail his whole life though, i'm not interested ;-)

is this the lad?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nf078KIy7g
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #60 on: August 7, 2008, 03:43:06 pm »
You answered your own question.

He IS a soft c*nt, BECAUSE he has been in and out of prison his whole life

SO he's signed a million dollar deal, he's rich beyond his wildest dreams. He can probably take his pick from many thousands of women, yet he chooses to fuck up and face "crazy time" (Isnt that a cartoon on the kids channels by the way?)

For me, that is the definition of "A Soft c*nt"

Sorry, but yours is one of the craziest posts ive read in a long time. Are you down with the nogger Dogz or something?

I am not disagreeing that he is a STUPID c*nt. No doubt about it

I was simply stating that someone that goes in and out of prison is not SOFT

I wouldn't refer to any of my friends that have done bids as SOFT at all (though most of them are quite stupid)
« Last Edit: August 7, 2008, 03:57:26 pm by Canada Loves Anfield »

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #61 on: August 7, 2008, 04:26:26 pm »
Oh and does anybody know / like Skyzoo? Fucking love his shit and his EP with 9th Wonder is pretty boss.

One of those guys I wish could get proper label representation and get more of his shit out there. He made his EP in 3 days with 9th so I can only imagine that some investment could make him really come out with some more great shit.

He is featured on a bunch of Little Brother songs and always delivers consistent verses

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: August 8, 2008, 03:23:31 am »
Young Jeezy-Crazy World

New track

http://www.zshare.net/audio/16643232c4c2d2be/

Not everyones cup of tea but he has produced 2 personal favourites of mine and his beat selection is second to none. I will buy this album with out even downloading it, his product always delivers.

oh yeah found a new Game track aswell

http://www.zshare.net/audio/16683216439ac46f/
« Last Edit: August 8, 2008, 03:54:58 am by The Infamous_LFC »

Offline Henry Chinaski

• Gay for Dirk, wants him naked.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: August 8, 2008, 02:16:33 pm »
Discovered them today: People Under the Stairs!!

http://www.myspace.com/peopleunderthestairs

Some band that is.
"I look at life like a big book and sometimes you get half way through it and go 'Even though I've been enjoying it, I've had enough. Give us another book'"
~ Karl Pilkington

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #64 on: August 8, 2008, 02:19:10 pm »
Discovered them today: People Under the Stairs!!

http://www.myspace.com/peopleunderthestairs

Some band that is.

THey have been around for a while - saw them in concert 5 years ago or so and they put on a boss performance.

I always wanted to like them - but I found they were kind of inconsistent. But if you go through their whole catalogue you can put together a solid album or 2

Offline GinKop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #65 on: August 9, 2008, 01:53:58 pm »
Few questions for the more knowledgable - any news (not release dates, but more what's going on) for Saigon, Grafh and Pap's debut's? Are 3 still on labels?

Loved Bang Out.
JFT97

Offline Tom_B

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #66 on: August 9, 2008, 03:49:06 pm »
Few questions for the more knowledgable - any news (not release dates, but more what's going on) for Saigon, Grafh and Pap's debut's? Are 3 still on labels?

Loved Bang Out.

Saigon is on Just Blaze's label isn't he? Fuck knows when the album is out, 10 years time probably.

Pap's is out in October I believe.

Offline Alonzo

• Main Stander
« Reply #67 on: August 9, 2008, 06:06:53 pm »
I like Game but he hasnt got shit on Em, games good but he name drops way way too much and back in the day em was one of the illest lyricists...his word play and humour. Hes fell off of late and i hate the fact that he fucks with 50 cent but if it came down to it i reckon Em would wipe the floor with alot of MC's.

Game murdered g-unit with 120 bars and that was top diss track but player to player pimp to pimp em is the better MC...game even said it on we aint "call dre cos em just killed me on my own shit". Game has the talent but the name droppin has to stop, fair enough hes given props but i would like him to drop an album where he raps about HIM and not every other MC who picked up the mic.
Betfair referral code: UEFVVXMMG

Offline Tom_B

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #68 on: August 9, 2008, 06:30:10 pm »
I like Game but he hasnt got shit on Em, games good but he name drops way way too much and back in the day em was one of the illest lyricists...his word play and humour. Hes fell off of late and i hate the fact that he fucks with 50 cent but if it came down to it i reckon Em would wipe the floor with alot of MC's.

Game murdered g-unit with 120 bars and that was top diss track but player to player pimp to pimp em is the better MC...game even said it on we aint "call dre cos em just killed me on my own shit". Game has the talent but the name droppin has to stop, fair enough hes given props but i would like him to drop an album where he raps about HIM and not every other MC who picked up the mic.

Name drops too much? So what? I don't even see how that is a criticism. I used to think maybe it as after the Documentary, but he doesn't do it as much any more, and even if he does, big shit, who cares?

Eminem to me is a very successful example of marketing. Too much cartoonism for me. Tracks like "Ass Like That" are amongst the worst of all time in hip hop, and I'm not even kidding.

Offline Alonzo

• Main Stander
« Reply #69 on: August 9, 2008, 09:08:34 pm »
Name drops too much? So what? I don't even see how that is a criticism. I used to think maybe it as after the Documentary, but he doesn't do it as much any more, and even if he does, big shit, who cares?

Eminem to me is a very successful example of marketing. Too much cartoonism for me. Tracks like "Ass Like That" are amongst the worst of all time in hip hop, and I'm not even kidding.

Because name droppin becomes borin especially when he does it on every track he does, hes a good MC so he doesnt need to do it but hes rappin about everybody else...the latest tracks ave heard he drops names ...in games pain he drops nearly every MC in the game...in big dreams he even drops ja rules name not to mention lil waynes...whats that about...i can understand him droppin legends names but bitches like wayne and ja rule nahhhh. Like i said i like him but it does me head in a little bit.

yer ass like that was awful he fell off on his last album but come on hes one of the best yet certainly better than game hes done a few wack songs but so has nearly every other MC, but judging him when hes at his best like his 1st two LPs hes dope as fuck and has done some of the best tracks in hip-hop in my opinion.

anyways their both dope so its all good
Betfair referral code: UEFVVXMMG

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: August 11, 2008, 03:36:28 am »
Forgot how great this track was

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Rbo9QlcLcX8

When Kanye was something else production and mcing wise although he was hardly great on this track

Offline SupaDupaReds

• Anny Roader
  • Apna @ the game
« Reply #71 on: August 11, 2008, 04:35:51 am »
game isnt better than eminem. no fucking way. he's good but not great. em is great. not many great ones out there.
---------------torres----------------
babel------------------------keane
---------------gerrard---------------
----------alonso----masch---------

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #72 on: August 11, 2008, 07:52:11 am »
Eminem is a great MC but like most mainstreamers his music these days is pretty average.

Catchy beat, shit lyrics, flash video and round and round we go.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline GinKop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #73 on: August 11, 2008, 01:03:44 pm »
Forgot how great this track was

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Rbo9QlcLcX8

When Kanye was something else production and mcing wise although he was hardly great on this track

Awesome track - "I'm a Chicagoean, til Chicago end, til we blow like Chicago wind"
JFT97

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #74 on: August 13, 2008, 03:39:56 pm »
Eminem is a great MC but like most mainstreamers his music these days is pretty average.

Catchy beat, shit lyrics, flash video and round and round we go.

I really hope you are not saying that Eminem has shit lyrics. He is definitely the opposite of all mainstream artists as he is a fantastic lyricist but his beats are fucking shit (mainly because he thinks of himself as a producer when he is utterly useless at creating a different sound)

Offline GinKop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #75 on: August 13, 2008, 07:05:42 pm »
New Jigga ish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQz_xqxjMd4

Produced by 'Ye. Nice (but obvious) Glasto reference.

JFT97

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2008, 07:07:29 pm »
New Jigga ish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQz_xqxjMd4

Produced by 'Ye. Nice (but obvious) Glasto reference.

Is Jay Z doing more songs? Didnt he announce his retirement?

Guess the money dried up and he had to come back and further pollute everyones ears

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2008, 07:09:08 pm »

Guess the money dried up and he had to come back and further pollute everyones ears

Dont think he needed the money...

But his new shit does suck

Offline GinKop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2008, 07:13:14 pm »

He's one of the few artists that wouldn't need to come back in for the money - Rocawear, his clothing label, will see his bank account building up nicely.

I'm a huge Jay fan, but not really liking some of his latest tracks; American Gangster was great, but releases since then like Ain't I and Jockin aren't his usual high quality. They're just tracks to keep him on radioplay and I don't think they'll be indicative of his next album (Blueprint 3 anyone?) but still not used to seeing him knock out below quality tracks.

New 'Ye vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoLE8FmooIM&feature=related

One of them annoying puppets like the ones from Ass Like That.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 07:19:17 pm by GinKop »
JFT97

Offline Tom_B

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #79 on: August 13, 2008, 07:36:21 pm »

The retirement was ages ago, there has been two albums since then. Jay at his worst is still better than a lot of music out there.

American Gangster was as good an album as there was last year.

But yeah I am sure his $82 million yearly earn isn't doing it for him. ;D
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 07:40:26 pm by Tom_B »