Author Topic: Seat Serve  (Read 8988 times)

Offline numbnutter

• Main Stander
  • Woolybacks never looked this good...
Seat Serve
« on: September 20, 2018, 06:17:41 pm »
The latest innovation from the club: https://seatserve.com/

"With SeatServe, fans get their food, drinks and merchandise delivered right to their seats at the stadium, so they never miss a minute of the ballgame."

Sounds great right? who likes to have to queue up at half time for a cool bevvy to sooth your aching throat after singing yourself into a stupor, or doesn't prefer talking to your mates about the reds' second half strategy in the comfort of your spec over a steaming hot tea on a freezing December afternoon?...

So I downloaded the app to have a play with it, and lo and behold, the entire ground, every single block is now covered... so for shits and giggles I decided to see how much it would cost to have a coke zero delivered to 305/74... turns out, its exactly the same as going downstairs, £2.60... fucking get in!

Until you realise that all the "delivery" slots are all DURING the game...

Oh yes, you can have your delectable delivered to your spec "Now", 10 minutes into the game, 20 minutes into the game, 30 minutes into the game, 40 minutes into the game... then NO option for half time... then 50 minutes into the game and finally 60 minutes into the game...

Anyone else find that a bit bizarre and a bit problematic?

That we will have hawkers running up and down EVERY stand EVERY 10 minutes bringing people food and drinks? and we may potentially be expected to pass people their purchases, if they are in the middle of a row, or have to get up or move around, to let them out? What happens if they attempt to deliver drinks and hot food when Liverpool score or concede a goal?

The Southampton game awaits...
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 06:23:29 pm by numbnutter »
Custodian of the Glory, around the fields of Anfield Road...

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Seat Serve
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 06:23:15 pm »
Firstly, unless you have mobility issues, you'd have to be a massive whopper to do this.

Secondly, it's not feasible from a health and safety point of view for this to happen. And in the Upper Main Stand especially, would be extremely dangerous. 

I very much doubt this will happen in the long-term.

Offline numbnutter

• Main Stander
  • Woolybacks never looked this good...
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 06:41:52 pm »
Its happening for the Southampton game... you can log in to the app now and place your order ready for Saturday...

I agree wholeheartedly that no self respecting red should or would utilise this, but there is a certain logic to it, if you consider the number of fans going to the game, who are not fluent or confident in their use of English.

I'm sure this demographic would love the possibility of getting refreshments delivered to their seat, without having to interact with anyone in an alien language, over a financial transaction. These fans wouldn't see the problem in utilising this service, and wouldn't see why the rest of us would get upset over it.

Don't get me wrong, in a stop start game like baseball, you can totally see the validity of this, but in my opinion, football by its very nature does not lend itself to the concept...

And as we all know, there are certain areas of the ground that will rightly, not lend itself to the concept either...
Custodian of the Glory, around the fields of Anfield Road...

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2018, 06:46:37 pm »
I bet it has all sorts of problems on Saturday

Offline quasimodo

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2018, 06:47:29 pm »
Very much a U.S. thing. From a middle of a row people pass money to the vendor, he passes the beer (usually) via all the other people to the person who bought it. Typically only happens in breaks and mostly for beer. Never seen it for soft drinks or snacks. Don't see how it's practical for footy.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2018, 06:50:02 pm »
Its happening for the Southampton game... you can log in to the app now and place your order ready for Saturday...

I agree wholeheartedly that no self respecting red should or would utilise this, but there is a certain logic to it, if you consider the number of fans going to the game, who are not fluent or confident in their use of English.

I'm sure this demographic would love the possibility of getting refreshments delivered to their seat, without having to interact with anyone in an alien language, over a financial transaction. These fans wouldn't see the problem in utilising this service, and wouldn't see why the rest of us would get upset over it.

Don't get me wrong, in a stop start game like baseball, you can totally see the validity of this, but in my opinion, football by its very nature does not lend itself to the concept...

And as we all know, there are certain areas of the ground that will rightly, not lend itself to the concept either...

I gotta say, the language thing and demographic thing isn't really an argument for this being used, and honestly can't see why people who don't speak the language would be that arsed either!  These days, and at all big sporting clubs and events, people expect and are ready for all nationalities, and getting a drink or food at a concession isnt that hard, you just have to point, and most of us can figure out the word for pie or a beer  ;D 

This just seems ridiculous.

In the US of course, it's normal to have sellers going up and down the blocks selling drinks and some foods, but usually the sports in the US have more natural breaks in them and the games last much longer cos of it.

This is different, being as you order time slots, uttelry bonkers. Can imagine people getting very annoyed, and rightly so.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2018, 06:55:43 pm »
It’s been around for a bit in main stand

Never seen anything delivered. Got no issue ordering and picking it up at half time rather than queuing I don’t think

That said hope it dies a death

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2018, 07:30:51 pm »
It would be great for a longer game like cricket...

By football?  Seems a bit pointless when it’s only 45 minutes per half..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2018, 07:31:37 pm »
If someone orders this I hope it gets lobbed on the pitch. Watch the fucking game. It’s forty five minutes a half for fucks sake. Completely unnecessary. Fine for stop start games that last hours like NFL or baseball. Ok for cricket. No problem in Wetherspoons or Norwegian Air. Do I want to pass a hot dog and a Bovril along the row to some greedy bastard who can’t wait twenty minutes to fill his face when we’re pressing for a winner in the 70th minute?

Do I fuck.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2018, 08:26:26 pm »
Very much a U.S. thing. From a middle of a row people pass money to the vendor, he passes the beer (usually) via all the other people to the person who bought it. Typically only happens in breaks and mostly for beer. Never seen it for soft drinks or snacks. Don't see how it's practical for footy.
Oh how wrong you are!

As annoying as a vendor passing food down your row might seem, it's far less annoying than people constantly getting up and walking across your line of sight to get food. No one minds it here. But it started as a baseball thing, and it's American, which means that 95% of you will automatically hate it. ;D

As time goes by, I'd guess it might only happen once or twice a half in football. Will be less distracting than you think.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrCU3K9ISf4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrCU3K9ISf4</a>

“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2018, 08:28:44 pm »
It doesn't sound like an idea that would be very popular, I can't imagine many will use it.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2018, 08:34:49 pm »
Oh how wrong you are!

As annoying as a vendor passing food down your row might seem, it's far less annoying than people constantly getting up and walking across your line of sight to get food. No one minds it here. But it started as a baseball thing, and it's American, which means that 95% of you will automatically hate it. ;D

As time goes by, I'd guess it might only happen once or twice a half in football. Will be less distracting than you think.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrCU3K9ISf4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrCU3K9ISf4</a>

well to be fair basebore has like 3 minutes of action total in a 3-4 hour game so this concept works for it well.  ;D

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2018, 08:36:54 pm »
The match including half time is less than 2 hours. Why stress, its gonna be overcharged anyway, just go the shop before.
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2018, 08:37:24 pm »
The idea of it sounds like utter hassle for the person ordering it let alone anyone else.

Imagine being the twat ordering a burger and having to disturb everyone sitting around them just so they can stuff their face early. Good luck with that, you'd have to be mad.
:D

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2018, 08:52:51 pm »
2 piping hot bowls of Mulligatawny soup
2 Candy floss
A 99'er with cherry sauce and nuts
12 bottles of beer
A fruit based drink for the lady

Please.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2018, 08:57:08 pm »
Got no issue ordering and picking it up at half time rather than queuing I don’t think

Yeah, any significant numbers start doing that and you're queuing to avoid the queue.

I'm all for innovation and that but this just seems completely unnecessary and unworkable for a host of reasons. I'd be stunned if it caught on.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2018, 08:59:16 pm »
Fucking ballgame.

Ballbags.

And are they going to ask the guy at the end of the seats to pass it along ?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 09:01:37 pm by WhereAngelsPlay »
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2018, 09:05:48 pm »
Kill me

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2018, 09:11:25 pm »
If it were restricted to before ko and half time then I dont see the problem.

Fcukinell I remember the outrage on here when we introduced the digital clock  :o

So long as its done properly then no problem.

Might even encourage those freeloaders in the main stand to get back to their seats in time for the 2nd half ko ?

Wonder what they can do about people leaving 10 mins early, then again thinking about the PSG game  :lmao
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2018, 09:14:00 pm »
To be honest = they need add the Amazon air drop service to this idea. That would be much better and cause no issues......except for drones crashing, dropping food, and well there being drones buzzing about.

Offline Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2018, 09:22:15 pm »
Think they should just lob it to be honest then everyone gets a bit
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2018, 10:07:06 pm »
If someone orders this I hope it gets lobbed on the pitch. Watch the fucking game. It’s forty five minutes a half for fucks sake. Completely unnecessary. Fine for stop start games that last hours like NFL or baseball. Ok for cricket. No problem in Wetherspoons or Norwegian Air. Do I want to pass a hot dog and a Bovril along the row to some greedy bastard who can’t wait twenty minutes to fill his face when we’re pressing for a winner in the 70th minute?

Do I fuck.

Handy if you have kids though. A fella was sat next to me in the Kemlyn years ago, went to get his little girl some popcorn and missed Torres' debut goal v Chelsea. ;D

Seriously though, they can fuck right off with this. It might work at Fenway for the baseball, but it won't work at the footy.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2018, 10:11:51 pm »

Do I fuck.

Do you have a seat for the Saints game Alan, I'll order you a coke and a dawg with slaw on the 50th minute

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2018, 10:13:12 pm »
Good luck getting these to 306, even the stewards couldn't get up the stairs against PSG.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2018, 10:14:35 pm »
It will last as long as the first person gets scolded after a goal.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2018, 10:20:51 pm »
It will last as long as the first person gets scolded after a goal.
or their chips get all eaten as it gets passed along

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2018, 10:26:38 pm »
I thought we made a commercial deal with car company Seat.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2018, 10:35:10 pm »
This will last for all of one game.  Any whopper actually using this service will get so much stick, and rightfully so, that they'll never do it again.

The day-trippers are the ones to watch out for though!

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2018, 10:44:54 pm »
Do you have a seat for the Saints game Alan, I'll order you a coke and a dawg with slaw on the 50th minute

Funnily enough did cross my mind to order a load of shit to a mate for delivery!! ;D

All seriousness it well get binned off when no one uses it

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2018, 10:45:43 pm »

Do I fuck.

Yeah, if you want to enjoy yourself watching a game while eating and drinking, do it at home in front of damn TV.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2018, 10:59:51 pm »
Sounds great, can't wait to utilize it

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2018, 11:05:47 pm »
Defo ordering a coke and getting it delivered to a random seat a few rows in front of me, just for the giggles....

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2018, 11:08:30 pm »
Used it at the Brighton game for half time. Placed order before the game, took me a minute to pick it up at half time and get back to my seat. Please continue not to use it so I don’t have to queue. 😉

They were offering delivery, but I can’t recall if they were offering the every 10 minute thing, which I agree is a bad idea. However delivery at half time might be the way if it does get popular and picking up means queuing.

I don’t think the pricing was any more expensive, but you can leave a tip.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline daggerdoo

• Kopite
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2018, 11:15:37 pm »
Used it at the Brighton game for half time. Placed order before the game, took me a minute to pick it up at half time and get back to my seat. Please continue not to use it so I don’t have to queue. 😉

They were offering delivery, but I can’t recall if they were offering the every 10 minute thing, which I agree is a bad idea. However delivery at half time might be the way if it does get popular and picking up means queuing.

I don’t think the pricing was any more expensive, but you can leave a tip.
The ordering for halftime, then not having to queue goes against what they're trying to do with this though doesn't it? They'll have to employ more staff to work at halftime, ready to serve all the lazy arses who won't line up for their food and drink.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2018, 11:38:37 pm »
Defo ordering a coke and getting it delivered to a random seat a few rows in front of me, just for the giggles....

;D

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2018, 11:39:35 pm »
Ballgame!?
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2018, 11:39:36 pm »
The ordering for halftime, then not having to queue goes against what they're trying to do with this though doesn't it? They'll have to employ more staff to work at halftime, ready to serve all the lazy arses who won't line up for their food and drink.
My guess is they probably know there’s plenty of people who won’t use it, and are happy to continue to queue. There’s also plenty who can’t be arsed queuing who therefore will save spending their money until they’re out of the ground on the way home. This way they get the money from both of those crowds.

It perhaps also means less queuing for those who don’t use it, as some who currently queue at half time will use it instead of queuing, which probably means they just divert current staff.

I dont see how using it for half time is a bad thing.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2018, 11:53:52 pm »
See?  Start voluntarily handing in your phones before its too late.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2018, 01:22:53 am »
2 piping hot bowls of Mulligatawny soup
2 Candy floss
A 99'er with cherry sauce and nuts
12 bottles of beer
A fruit based drink for the lady

Please.

In the old days of the Spion Kop, those lads who walked around on the touchline with confectionary would have lashed that lot up to you without spilling any of the soup, your fruit based drink, your beer and without damaging your 99'er or your candy floss. I've seen cruise missiles with worse aim than those lads.  :D
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2018, 01:32:03 am »

Happens at baseball games for everything.  Hot dogs, beers, cotton candy, soda.  With peanuts the guy selling them will just throw them at you and you then pass the money down the row to him.  I can’t see too many people at a football game happy to be passing money or food/drink down the row to someone.