Author Topic: LFC v Southampton 22.9.18 3pm Anfield  (Read 25263 times)

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
LFC v Southampton 22.9.18 3pm Anfield
« on: September 17, 2018, 03:04:44 pm »
Liverpool V Southampton

v

Venue: Anfield

Current League Form:

Liverpool: WWWWW

Southampton: LLWWD

Liverpool Manager: Klopp

Southampton Manager: Mark Hughes

As we Play on September 22, I thought this might be a good way to do our intro for this match.

Do you remember the 21st night of September?
The Reds was changing the minds of pretenders
While chasing Man City away

Our hearts were ringing
In The Kop that our Lads were singing
As we danced in the night
Remember how Mo Salah stole the night away

Hey hey hey
Ba de ya, say do you remember
Ba de ya, dancing in September
Ba de ya, never was a cloudy day

Ba duda, ba duda, ba duda, badu
Ba duda, badu, ba duda, badu
Ba duda, badu, ba duda

My thoughts are with you
Holding hands with your heart to see you
Only Red talk and Goals
Remember how we knew love was here to stay
Now December found the love that we shared in September
Only Red talk and Goals
Remember the true love we share today

Hey hey hey
Ba de ya, say do you remember

There was a
Ba de ya, say Mo do you remember
Ba de ya, golden dreams were shinny days

The Kop was ringing
Our souls were singing
Do you remember, never a cloudy day

There was a
Ba de ya, say Mane do you remember

There was a
Ba de ya, say Bobby do you remember
Ba de ya, golden dreams were shinny days

Ba de ya de ya de ya
Ba de ya de ya de ya
Ba de ya de ya de ya de ya

Ba de ya de ya de ya
Ba de ya de ya de ya
Ba de ya de ya de ya de ya

Yes, that just happened. Am I sorry for it? No, I am not. We have just won our first five games of the season conceding only 2 goals.  We have shored up our defensive play and our team mindset looks solid.  We are just waiting for all the goals when the team clicks and we will just blow teams away.  Away I tell you.  I am writing this before our match against PSG, and trying to curb my excitement.  Earth, Wind, and Fire just got me all excited all over again. 

Look, we have a history with Southampton, players were bought, dates at Blackpool Pier may have happened.  But that is all done with now, we didn't buy a single player from this summer.  In fact we loaned them one in one Danny Ings.  (Who has been outstanding for them thus far, and I am made up that we do not have to face him this weekend.)  Not that I fear for our back four and Keeper, far from it, as they have looked like stalwarts.  Our CB partnership between Big Virg and Young Gomez, what a treat that is to watch, just imagine what it will become.... (drool)  Then we have our Left-Back and Right-Back.  I would not trade them for any other players in their position in the league.  TAA and Robertson have been revelations, both a quick, young, intelligent, and the crosses/freekicks, well they do not leave one wanting.  Our midfield has also markedly improved from last season when we played the Saints.  Naby, Milner, Henderson, Gini, Fabinhio.... we have choices and depth.  I see little reason that our lads in the middle of the pitch will not have joy on their day.  Finally we come to the front three.  Now it is likely that one or three will be rested after playing midweek, and with the Bobby eye injury it seem more likely that he will start at the weekend.  But we still have a host of options for our attack: Mo, Mane, Solanke, Sturridge, Origi, and Pirate Bobby Firmino.* Will these player all be available for the weekend, who is to know?  Regardless I have faith that Klopp will get the lads to do the business with style and panache, looking to better our scoreline when we played them at home last season.

*Edit, I wrote this bit well before yesterdays match. Which we won and has sent us (me at least) dancing into the weekend!

Line ups: Who knows?

Match Officials -
Referee: Paul Tierney
Assistants: Darren Cann, Mick McDonough
Fourth official: Lee Mason

Prediction: Liverpool 4-0 Southampton

Up the Reds!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 01:16:14 pm by JerseyKloppite »
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
Re: LFC v Southampton 22.9.18 3pm Anfield
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 01:18:33 pm »
Myles has kindly written a preview for Saturday - let’s make it 6 from 6...

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 01:30:44 pm »
Nice one dude

This is Anfield Earth Wind and Fire :D

Offline dirks digglers

• Kopite
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 01:32:04 pm »
Let's smash these saltwater-smelling, QE2 worshipping, Craig David-singing, Supermarine Spitfire-flying, Benny Hill-chasing, channel-swimming twats.
If you can’t understand it without an explanation, you can’t understand it with an explanation.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 01:37:04 pm »
I can see us thrashing Southampton at the weekend, would love to win by five or six!

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2018, 01:39:39 pm »
Nice one C_T. I'm looking forward to this game as I think we are on the cusp of winning big and I think Salah is determined to regain his form.

Maybe time to rest some of the midfield and bring back Keita and start Fabinho.
#JFT97

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2018, 01:41:17 pm »
Great opening post CT. We need to keep the momentum going on Saturday.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2018, 01:43:02 pm »
I'd give Milner and Salah a rest. Keita and Shaqiri coming in. Other than that, same team.

Offline Goalposts for Jumpers

• Mon Ranager's Alter-Ego.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2018, 01:56:37 pm »
I'd give Milner and Salah a rest. Keita and Shaqiri coming in. Other than that, same team.

Although Tuesday-Saturday is a sufficient rest period, I think now is the right time to utilise our depth. Can definitely see one of Milner and Gini given the day off and, although it wouldn't surprise me to see Salah rested, I can also see the logic in trying to play him into form, particularly against lower PL opposition. Would love to see Fab given his first start and i'd be surprised if Keita doesn't play.

Expect something like this:

-------------Alisson

TAA---Gomez----VVD--Robbo

-------------Hendo

------Fabinho----Keita

Powercube--Bobby---Mane

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2018, 02:24:25 pm »
Would personally go full strength for this game and then make the changes for the league cup game

vs Southampton: Alisson, Trent, Gomez, VVD, Robertson, Wijnaldum, Keita, Milner, Salah, Mane, Firmino

vs Chelsea in LC: Alisson, Clyne, Matip, VVD, Moreno, Fabinho, Keita, Henderson, Shaqiri, Mane, Sturridge

Henderson and Keita have both been rotated so far so either one of them should be fine with starting both games, more so than Milner and Wijnaldum anyway

Online Crouch Potato

• Srofa spud!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2018, 03:09:19 pm »
Am i right in thinking Danny Ings will have to miss match?

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2018, 03:10:08 pm »
Am i right in thinking Danny Ings will have to miss match?

Yes as he's on loan for this season.

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2018, 03:16:31 pm »
Mo to start and get a hat-trick.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2018, 03:44:40 pm »
I wish we could play every other day :D

Can't get enough of our lads and our team.

I expect that Kloppo may be rotating a bit after the intensity from this Wednesday, and even though I full expect that he will rotate for the midweek against Chelsea, it wouldn't surprise me if he went with the following

Becker

Trent
Gomez
Van Dijk
Robertson

Henderson
Fabinho
Keita

Shaqiri
Firmino
Salah

I don't think he will rotate the back four until the cup game.

Soton only look like scoring if Ings is playing but he will be unavailable this weekend so that's a plus. I expect them to fully park the bus, I can't see Hughes opening up at all or even trying.

I think it would be great if Mo scores and boosts his confidence, but most important thing is that we keep going and get another win before our games against City and Chelsea in the league coming up

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2018, 03:53:02 pm »
Looking at their team v brighton and they've got one option here and that's park the bus and hope for the best. We score first and we almost certainly win. We score early and no reason we can't get a hatful, even with some rotation.

This seems like the perfect match for Fabinho to get the start, since Milner and Gini will some need rest after the PSG and Spurs matches. I expect one of Mane/Salah will be on the bench and Shaqiri will get his first start.

Alisson, Trent, Gomez, VVD, Robertson, Henderson, Fabinho, Keita, Shaqiri, Firmino, and Salah would be my starting XI. 3-0 and another three points.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2018, 03:55:38 pm »
Expect Mo to score twice and throw a water bottle down in anger :D
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Davidbowie

• Legacy Fan
  • The Thin White Duke
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2018, 04:26:17 pm »
I can't see Klopp going with Keita and Fabinho at this stage, as putting 2 players who are still adjusting in central-midfield together wouldn't be a wise move. It'll be one or the other - probably Keita.

Also, I'd be amazed if he went with Shaqiri, Salah and Firmino. If anything, it'd be straight swap with Shaqiri for Salah, as Mane is in really good form. Therefore..

Alisson

TAA
Gomez
VVD
Robertson

Henderson
Wijnaldum
Keita

Shaqiri
Firmino
Mane
FAME makes a man take things over

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2018, 04:42:48 pm »
I'd give Salah a rest and let Shaqiri, Firmino and Mane Play.

Think Keita might come in for Gini.

At the back I can see him possibly giving Trent a rest but wholesale changes are more likely for the midweek game against Chelsea in the league cup.

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2018, 04:54:27 pm »
Pretty sure the League Cup game is the one for resting the likes of Salah. No chance he doesn't start on the weekend.

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2018, 05:01:24 pm »
I'd like to see Fab come in for this one (dying to see what he can do) and maybe Shaq to give one of the front 3 a break.

I also think it maybe time to reintroduce Naby into the Midfield.

We should win whichever team Jurgen selects
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2018, 05:05:03 pm »
Pretty sure the League Cup game is the one for resting the likes of Salah. No chance he doesn't start on the weekend.

I agree. Think we'll see our 'first XI' against Southampton, and then we'll rotate almost completely for the League Cup game. It's the following three fixtures - Chelsea in the league, Napoli in the CL and City in the league - where I'm expecting to see a bit more variation in team selection.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2018, 05:16:49 pm »
Get 4 attackers on the pitch
Really want to see us play the home vs Brighton shape from last year as opposed to home vs Brighton this year (a version of 4-2-3-1) for these fixtures - 3 centre mids just isn’t necessary against a team like Southampton who are going to come and sit

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2018, 05:32:54 pm »
Thanks for the OP!  Get in!
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Stevo79

• Kopite
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2018, 05:42:21 pm »
Really want to see us play the home vs Brighton shape from last year as opposed to home vs Brighton this year (a version of 4-2-3-1) for these fixtures - 3 centre mids just isn’t necessary against a team like Southampton who are going to come and sit

I'd like to see that as well. Shaqiri as the most advanced midfielder in behind the usual front three.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2018, 05:46:59 pm »
Another lovely pre match thread. So much more enjoyable and presumably easier to put the stats (even I can type WWWWW) when we are winning, in fact, just winning and doing nothing else. We can all see that we are not quite clicking up front, but we are very importantly creating plenty of opportunities, controlling the games with some ease and generally restricting the opposition so that the regular pundits call is "they were rubbish" rather than "they were rubbish because liverpool made them look rubbish" (replace rubbish with shite as you please). However, at some point the dam is going to burst open, the front 3 will really click again and our decision making up front will improve just that tiny bit so that someone gets an absolute walloping......and I am sorry about this fellas but I feel in my waters that Southampton will be on the receiving end (apologies because of mockers - I will leave it to someone to apply the reverse mockers on at the right time).

I am going 5 nil to us with Mo putting his water bottle gently down and grinning like a man who just found out that he is marrying scarlett johannson who bumped into him in greggs buying her favourite pasty, because he has collected the matchball after 90 minutes of pure joy. The game will finish with people saying that it could have been 35. I am rarely over exuberant in my predictions but I know it is coming soon......
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2018, 05:53:39 pm »

I agree, perhaps a base of Keita and Wijnaldum or Keita and Henderson, with Shaqiri,Salah,Mane and Bobby up front ;D

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2018, 06:16:16 pm »
Buzzing for this.
Let’s go full throttle and see where we end up after 90 minutes. Should be fun.

Offline YNWA_O

• Main Stander
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2018, 06:50:47 pm »
fabinhos prem debut

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2018, 08:00:52 pm »
I agree. Think we'll see our 'first XI' against Southampton, and then we'll rotate almost completely for the League Cup game. It's the following three fixtures - Chelsea in the league, Napoli in the CL and City in the league - where I'm expecting to see a bit more variation in team selection.

Agree with this. Start with strongest possible and then look to manage if things going well or freshness needed. Can then play all eleven fringe players midweek.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2018, 10:20:51 am »
I want a statement win. Something big to nil. 4-0. 5-0. 6-0. 7-0. 8-0.

I want to see Mark Hughes' sour "one number away from a line down at the Mecca and that cow Mavis took the house" puss.

I want people going "oh Christ..."

I want them talking about Jurgen Klopp's Autumn Champions the way they talked about Pep Guardiola's this time last year.

I want the Reds to fucking win this.

If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2018, 10:22:30 am »
IMO, Alisson, Clyne Moreno VVD Gomez, Fabinho Keita Henderson, Shaqiri Salah Sturridge should probably start.

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2018, 10:59:55 am »
Don't care if Salah starts or not..
Don't care if Fabinho gets his first start or not (or whether he gets 25 mins)
Don't care if Keita comes back in..
Don't care if the back 4 is or isn't rotated..
Don't care if the midfield is refreshed or not..
Don't care if we twat them or not..

I JUST CARE ABOUT PICKING UP 3 POINTS.. ANY WAY POSSIBLE..  :wave
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2018, 11:04:51 am »
IMO, Alisson, Clyne Moreno VVD Gomez, Fabinho Keita Henderson, Shaqiri Salah Sturridge should probably start.

Why?
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2018, 11:16:53 am »
Strongest team for this to get the job done. If we have a big lead after 60/70 minutes then we can make changes. Most of the regular starters will sit out the league cup game giving them a week off till we play Chelsea in the league, that's more than enough rest for them.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2018, 11:21:05 am »
Think press conference will be interesting from a selection perspective, will like to hear what's said.

Personally think there's an outside chance for 2 to 3 changes from Tuesday:

- Maybe one of the full-backs
- Probably at least one of the midfielders
- Maybe one of the forwards.

That said, the league cup game is almost awkwardly positioned, I don't think Klopp will want too many players not having a game between 18th and 29th September, which would be case if he rested anyone for both Southampton and the LC game, so I don't think there'll be many changes. Also, I wonder if he wants to use the games to play people into form. Some calls are particularly tricky - Mo for example could probably do with a bit of a rest, he could also do with a couple of goals.

Certain starters for me are Allison, Van Dijk, Gomez, Robertson, Bobby and Mane.

Think certain LC starters are Clyne, Moreno, Matip, Fabinho, Shaqiri, Solanke.

So using that second list to work backwards, I expect Trent to start against Saints as well, then get a weeks rest before Chelsea. So back 5 is sorted.

With Bobby fit, and having a partial rest, think he's nailed on to start up top, and I can't see us not playing one of Mane and Mo in every fixture this season (LC aside) so, only one spot up for grabs. I'm almost expecting Shaqiri to come in for Mo, but it wouldn't surprise me if Sturridge has earned a spot after Tuesday. That would likely mean a re-jig up top, Mane to right, Bobby to left, so we'll see. To be honest, I've changed my mind as I type and the smart money is probably on Mane, Bobby and Mo starting. Shaqiri for Mo if not.

Midfield is getting harder and harder to call. I think Keita starts, could be a game where we need a bit of dribbling a few incisive passes that we've seen from him in both a Red and Red Bull shirt. So two from Milner, Gini, Henderson and Fabinho. I'm gonna guess we go Milner and Gini again - giving them a full week before the Chelsea league game.

Hit 80% of our top performance level and we win.

Predicted eleven and score:

Allison, Trent, The Colossus, Gomez, Robbo, Milner, Gini, Keita, Mane, Bobby, Mo.

2-0 Reds.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 11:23:01 am by wige »

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2018, 11:28:53 am »
cheers for the OP - enjoyable read

I agree with you Wige in alot of your post. the one big difference for me is i cant see Fabinho not playing here. Whilst i understand Chelsea is the obvious fixture in the league cup asking someone to make their debut with a load of other players getting their first game time isnt likely to help him settle.

I expect the midfield three to be Fabinho, Keita and Henderson. Milner getting a break but on the bench to likely replace Fabinho. I also think Shaqiri will start - for who up top i haven't got a clue

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2018, 11:31:35 am »
Think press conference will be interesting from a selection perspective, will like to hear what's said.

Personally think there's an outside chance for 2 to 3 changes from Tuesday:

- Maybe one of the full-backs
- Probably at least one of the midfielders
- Maybe one of the forwards.

I think the best approach is just starting the same group of lads as we have all season, with the decision being which three midfielders we pick from the pool of four (Hendo, Gini, Keita, Milner).

Then give everyone who starts the Southampton game a rest against Chelsea in the League Cup. That would allow us to do something like Mignolet, Clyne, Matip, Lovren, Moreno, Fabinho, Gini/Milner/Keita, Shaqiri, Origi, Solanke, Sturridge.

Think the tougher line-up decisions come in the following three games - Chelsea away in the league, Napoli away and City at home. Won't be able to go full strength in all three, so need to mix and match a little. And by doing full rotation in these next two, the whole squad will have minutes in their legs and nobody will be completely knackered.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2018, 11:36:43 am »
Is Fekir available for this?

He's cup tied along with Ibe.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2018, 11:39:52 am »
I think the best approach is just starting the same group of lads as we have all season, with the decision being which three midfielders we pick from the pool of four (Hendo, Gini, Keita, Milner).

Then give everyone who starts the Southampton game a rest against Chelsea in the League Cup. That would allow us to do something like Mignolet, Clyne, Matip, Lovren, Moreno, Fabinho, Gini/Milner/Keita, Shaqiri, Origi, Solanke, Sturridge.

Think the tougher line-up decisions come in the following three games - Chelsea away in the league, Napoli away and City at home. Won't be able to go full strength in all three, so need to mix and match a little. And by doing full rotation in these next two, the whole squad will have minutes in their legs and nobody will be completely knackered.

Please. No more Migs. Ever.

Ok, that's partially tongue in cheek. But only partially. I'd play Allisson every game. Get every one of our defenders comfortable with him in case of defensive injuries.

Fair point re the Chelsea/Napoli/City run. Personally think we can win in Naples without playing our strongest 11, so would be using that to ensure we're as fresh as possible for City. Would be fantastic coming out of that game having extended our points lead. I'm getting carried away there though. Saints first. Lets smash em.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2018, 11:47:46 am »

Fair point re the Chelsea/Napoli/City run. Personally think we can win in Naples without playing our strongest 11, so would be using that to ensure we're as fresh as possible for City. Would be fantastic coming out of that game having extended our points lead. I'm getting carried away there though. Saints first. Lets smash em.

i'd play full strength side v chelsea and City like you say and then slight rotation where required versus Napoli. thats not to say we will cruise past them but with back to back against Red Star Belgrade you have an opportunity to get good points on the board soon after