Author Topic: Preseason tour summer 2018 - sponsored by Findus (other products are available)  (Read 354973 times)

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Re: Preseason tour summer 2018
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2018, 04:10:24 pm »
The kits have been sold out everywhere for two or three months now. I think demand was high initially and the club didn't think it was worth making more post-xmas.

Yeah the home has been sold out for months

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2018, 04:21:06 pm »
The kits have been sold out everywhere for two or three months now. I think demand was high initially and the club didn't think it was worth making more post-xmas.
fair enough, do remember when we were with Adidas there was a lot more stuff available

Yeah the home has been sold out for months
Toronto? Was there last month, saw a Newcastle shirt in a sportchek (for those who don’t know of them they’re the biggest sports store in Canada) but no Liverpool stuff, found it strange as I’ve been to scallywags for a game or two in the past and that was pretty busy so thought they’d be more available there of all cities
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 04:23:06 pm by Laughter is the best medicine... »

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2018, 04:22:50 pm »
They should sack off Nashville and Birmingham, and look at a place like Chicago or Columbus where the supporters are in large numbers and the weather will be much better than in the south.
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2018, 04:26:22 pm »
They should sack off Nashville and Birmingham, and look at a place like Chicago or Columbus where the supporters are in large numbers and the weather will be much better than in the south.
toronto, Pasadena should be there, btw are they doing the roma game at Fenway this year like they’ve been doing every other year?

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2018, 07:49:11 pm »
Our U23's should beat Man Utd's U23's

Don't expect anyone who goes to the World Cup to get match time.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2018, 07:57:24 pm »
the game in Nashville is vs Borussia Dortmund

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2018, 08:28:41 pm »
Apparently these are the games

Liverpool vs Man City - Metlife Stadium

Liverpool v Borussia Dortmund - Nashville

Liverpool vs Man United - Michigan

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2018, 09:29:33 pm »
Apparently these are the games

At least there's one decent match up I suppose.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2018, 09:34:57 pm »
Our U23's should beat Man Utd's U23's

Don't expect anyone who goes to the World Cup to get match time.

None of Karius, Robertson, Klavan, Matip, VVD, Milner, Keita, Wijnaldum and Ings will be at the World Cup - TAA probably won't be either. Can get a reasonably strong line up out of that lot.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2018, 12:39:59 am »
None of Karius, Robertson, Klavan, Matip, VVD, Milner, Keita, Wijnaldum and Ings will be at the World Cup - TAA probably won't be either. Can get a reasonably strong line up out of that lot.

Yep if I can get the time off I'll probably try to make it to Michigan to watch baby keith.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2018, 02:54:41 am »
Yep if I can get the time off I'll probably try to make it to Michigan to watch baby keith.

Heading back home.  Anybody got a date?
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline NYCRedsFan

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destination Anfield(postponed)scratch that.Sorted
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2018, 04:19:56 am »
If they do end up playing City at Met Life Stadium as is rumoured, then that is such a shit venue for a match. I went to the Bayern Munich - Real Madrid game there season before. It's just utterly crap. Out in the middle of a swamp in Newark, you either drive or get the train. And if you drive, then enjoy the 2 hours you'll be stuck trying to get out after, especially rubbish for mid-week games. And of course, being that it's in the middle of nowhere, not like you can do the 'pub' thing before and after.

I agree about the venue, getting there, parking and the like, and not local to anything pre-match.  I'm hoping that some of the Supporters' Clubs can arrange for buses so we can party a bit before and then get in/out easier. It's all about the $$ of course... getting 80K+ supporters vs. what they would get at Yankee Stadium or CitiField.  HOWEVER, I'm fucking over the moon that there's a match in the immediate NYC area this year.  4 years ago the same fixture was at Yankee Stadium and it was boss.  At least 90% of the place was RED.  There's a lot of support for Liverpool FC here. A LOT.
Not your typical OOT. Do-er of good deeds.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2018, 04:47:52 am »
I agree about the venue, getting there, parking and the like, and not local to anything pre-match.  I'm hoping that some of the Supporters' Clubs can arrange for buses so we can party a bit before and then get in/out easier. It's all about the $$ of course... getting 80K+ supporters vs. what they would get at Yankee Stadium or CitiField.  HOWEVER, I'm fucking over the moon that there's a match in the immediate NYC area this year.  4 years ago the same fixture was at Yankee Stadium and it was boss.  At least 90% of the place was RED.  There's a lot of support for Liverpool FC here. A LOT.

If it was a weekend game, it'd be fine, I'd be able to do it by train. But mid-week, no chance. And being vs a prem team doesn't help either!

If the one in Nashville is comfirmed vs Dortmund, we are actually thinking of doing a road trip to that!  Make a few days holiday out of it. Would love to visit Nashville anyway, so add a game featuring the 2 teams I love to see more than any others at the end of it, sounds like a plan!

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2018, 03:37:56 pm »
Besides country music and the Grand Ol' Opry...if you go to Nashville visit Vanderbuilt University there. Many fine Antebellum structures on their grounds. Worth a drive through.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2018, 03:39:29 pm »
Officially confirmed.

We’re excited to announce we will be taking part in the International Champions Cup this summer! 🙌 #ICC2018 http://lfc.tv/A424

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2018, 04:05:37 pm »
Went to this in 2014 against Milan. Was great to watch Rickie Lambert and Joe Allen bossing Balotelli's Milan.
Seen us win everything

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2018, 04:37:34 pm »
Well I told you that we were part of the ICC.... :P

And the ICC should announce their schedule about April 17th.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2018, 04:57:18 pm »

Nashville is an awesome city to visit and nearly 60,000 people turned up to watch two smaller clubs in Spurs and City play each other in the ICC last summer.

Nashville is a good soccer city and makes sense. Can't speak to Birmingham.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline The Istvan Kozma Fan Club

• Kopite
« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2018, 05:53:27 pm »
Besides country music and the Grand Ol' Opry...if you go to Nashville visit Vanderbuilt University there. Many fine Antebellum structures on their grounds. Worth a drive through.

I'm sure football fans are desperate to see Antebellum structures... :D

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2018, 06:26:44 pm »
Won't they will be a game at Fenway against Roma again slotted in before that ICC tournament.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline GeorgiaRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2018, 06:55:12 pm »

Don't forget to see the Nashville Parthenon the statue of Athena was pretty impressive.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2018, 07:34:40 pm »
Won't they will be a game at Fenway against Roma again slotted in before that ICC tournament.

Not sure why we'd do that given we're playing them on 26th May in Kiev  :P
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2018, 07:47:58 pm »
I'm sure football fans are desperate to see Antebellum structures... :D

Well there are the Vanderbuilt Uni girls that might be around.  ;)

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2018, 12:37:33 am »
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2018, 12:54:45 am »
The tour of Antebellum buildings will have to wait. These are the stops for this.

http://www.internationalchampionscup.com/?utm_campaign=180413+Announcement+City&utm_source=ICC&utm_medium=Email&r=17334437

Really hope we have a game on the west coast this time as i will be on a road trip mid july and could make a pit stop in San Diego, San Fran or LA =D!

Online AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2018, 11:30:58 am »
Went to this in 2014 against Milan. Was great to watch Rickie Lambert and Joe Allen bossing Balotelli's Milan.

I was at that game too.Had the privilege of watching Lambert miss a penalty.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2018, 11:22:42 am »
Apparently playing Napoli on 4th August in Dublin
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2018, 02:59:42 pm »
Dortmund in Charlotte on 22 July, Man City in New Jersey Meadowlands 25 July and Man Utd in Ann Arbor 28 July.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2018, 08:01:25 pm »
Leaked ICC Tournament schedule for all teams:

https://twitter.com/KamikazeJawa/status/985192481527492608/photo/1

That's the USA schedules.

There will be some ICC matches in Asia as well. None for LFC.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 08:04:28 pm by 4pool »

Offline princeoftherocks

• Legacy Fan
  • black sheep scouse
« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2018, 10:52:19 pm »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43790870

brazil v croatia at anfield this summer
dios esta buena

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: April 17, 2018, 12:03:48 am »
Anfield will host Brazil v Croatia in an international friendly on June 3, 2018: http://lfc.tv/A4Jr 

Liverpool FC today confirmed that Anfield will host Brazil v Croatia in an international friendly on June 3, 2018, kick-off 3pm.

The game will form part of both teams’ warm-up to this summer’s highly anticipated FIFA World Cup in Russia.

Anthony Bloch, director of events at Pitch International, said: “We are delighted, in cooperation with CBF and in partnership with Liverpool FC, to be bringing the Brazil and Croatia national teams to Anfield on June 3 and give the football fans in the north west an opportunity to experience some World Cup fever.”

President of the Croatian Football Federation, Davor Suker, added: "Brazil is the most attractive team in the world, and it makes me proud that the Croatian Football Federation has managed to agree this spectacular match in Liverpool.

"We are especially looking forward to enjoying the atmosphere at Anfield, where Croatia has never played before - it's a historic venue and I am convinced that our players will enjoy this match, along with our fans and all spectators. A match between two great sides such as Brazil and Croatia is surely worthy of such an iconic stadium."

In the past, Anfield has previously played host to prestigious sporting events such as the 2016 Four Nations Rugby League final, and Super League and World Cup Challenge fixtures.

Billy Hogan, managing director and chief commercial officer of Liverpool Football Club, said: “We are delighted to welcome two world-class teams to Anfield. Our iconic stadium will provide a perfect backdrop for such an exciting game in the run up to this summer’s World Cup and we are sure that players and fans alike will have a fantastic time.”

Tickets for the highly anticipated friendly will be available from £30 for adults with all U16 tickets at £10 via Liverpoolfc.com.

They will go on sale initially to Liverpool FC season ticket holders at 10am on Friday April 20, Liverpool FC Members at 10am on Monday April 23, and to the general public at 10am on Wednesday April 25

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #71 on: April 17, 2018, 03:48:55 pm »
Dortmund in Charlotte on 22 July, Man City in New Jersey Meadowlands 25 July and Man Utd in Ann Arbor 28 July.

Playing the mancs in the Big House will be quite something.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2018, 04:50:31 pm »

Now confirmed by the club:

Liverpool will face Borussia Dortmund, Manchester City and Manchester United in the International Champions Cup this July.

The Reds are heading to the USA for part of their 2018-19 pre-season preparations and are set to come up against some familiar opponents.

Jürgen Klopp’s side will play Dortmund in Charlotte, Manchester City in New Jersey and Manchester United in Michigan, in the ICC tournament.

Liverpool’s ICC fixtures

July 22: Liverpool v Borussia Dortmund – Bank of America Stadium, Charlotte, North Carolina.
July 25: Liverpool v Manchester City – MetLife Stadium, New Jersey.
July 28: Liverpool v Manchester United – Michigan Stadium, Ann Arbour, Michigan.

Billy Hogan, managing director and chief commercial officer at LFC, said: “Our pre-season tour is always a great opportunity for us to visit our supporters around the world.

“We’re really looking forward to visiting America this year and to compete in this fantastic tournament against some great teams.

“We’ll be bringing a bit of Merseyside to the USA and facing some outstanding opposition. We’re all looking forward to seeing our US fans and hearing the crowd in full voice.”

For more information about the International Champions Cup, please visit www.internationalchampionscup.com.

Offline mbake

• Main Stander
« Reply #73 on: April 17, 2018, 05:03:40 pm »
Definitely going to see Liverpool/City match. No tickets available yet, can be put on email alert through ticket master. My third time seeing Liverpool in the US. You guys?
L-I-V   E-R-P  Double O-L
LIVERPOOL FC!!

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: April 17, 2018, 05:21:10 pm »
Not me. I save my money to go to Anfield every year.... :P

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #75 on: April 17, 2018, 05:24:26 pm »
I hate the fact we are playing both Manchester clubs. Would prefer European opposition.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Curtisinho

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #76 on: April 17, 2018, 08:28:05 pm »
I'm pretty excited about this. Hoping to get to the game in Michigan; does anyone know what time the game will likely be at, or what the prices have been like in the past?
Walk on with hope in your heart and you'll never walk alone.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2018, 09:56:48 pm »
I am hitting up Charlotte.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: April 17, 2018, 09:58:05 pm »
I am hitting up Charlotte.

Is she aware and does your wife know?

Offline MinnyRed

• Kopite
« Reply #79 on: April 18, 2018, 04:00:12 pm »
I'm pretty excited about this. Hoping to get to the game in Michigan; does anyone know what time the game will likely be at, or what the prices have been like in the past?

Email from Chicago OSC.  Code to purchase LFCME18 at 1230 ET.  LFC sections are 33,34,35. Tickets in those sections $116.  July 28, 5PM (http://mgoblue.com/documents/2018/4/12/20180412_icc_seating.pdf).

What supporters' club is going to take charge in Ann Arbor?  Chicago, Baltimore, etc were so boss because the local lads had stuff organized.  I don't think there's much of a presence in Ann Arbor, but I could be wrong.