Author Topic: CL: Porto 0 v LFC 5 (Mane 25 53 85 Salah 28 Bobby 69)  (Read 72767 times)

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: CL: Porto 0 v LFC 5 (Mane 25 53 85 Salah 28 Bobby 69)
« Reply #880 on: February 18, 2018, 10:21:14 pm »
Just watched the full 90.

Wowzers we literally had our foot on their throat almost all the way through .

A Jamie Redknapp fan?
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #881 on: February 19, 2018, 02:38:49 am »
Also, is anybody seemingly falling in love with that garish kit. It seems to bring out the best in our troops.

Fuck yeah. I'd be willing for us to make it our home kit... at least until we land #19. :)

It may not just be a superstitious thing - the fluorescence makes it very easy to spot a team-mate out of the corner of your eye (or in Bob's case, the back of your head). Can't be a coincidence that our attacking play is so inspired in this kit.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #882 on: February 19, 2018, 04:00:59 am »
I'm sure Klopp will find some things to work on with the players despite the win, but if you're a fan I really don't see any reason to even consider what we could've done better after a 5-0 away win in the 2nd round of the CL...

Should have been 8?  :P

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #883 on: February 19, 2018, 07:37:18 am »
Also, is anybody seemingly falling in love with that garish kit. It seems to bring out the best in our troops.

It's brilliant. I hope we keep it for next season.

Offline redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #884 on: February 19, 2018, 08:36:28 am »
Just rewatched the highlights for fun and now have the world's smallest gripe with our 5-0.

Moreno was our only player one yellow away from suspension - we could have brought him on and got him to get booked for timewasting to cut out any in future ties. Bit of cynical gamesmanship, but I don't care!

Likely Karius would have lost his clean sheet due to some slip up.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #885 on: February 19, 2018, 08:51:18 am »
Likely Karius would have lost his clean sheet due to some slip up.

Maybe.

Or considering the balance of the game we might have scored more with him bombing down the left, or still 'just' won 5-0.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #886 on: February 19, 2018, 09:12:45 am »
In reaction to a thread about a 5-0 win being used to have a dig at Moreno: these are some of Klopp's post-game comments:

The boss added: "The way people talk about Alberto Moreno, I hope it has settled a little bit but it was never fair, that's just how it is.

"If you see Alberto Moreno training, there's nobody in the squad has a shadow of a doubt about him quality-wise.

"He's an unbelievably strong player and he didn't deliver all the time, that's true, but at the beginning of the season he was so strong for us.

"There was one game where he dropped and everybody was saying it was exactly like it was before.

"Obviously, life as a football player is not always fair, but in that time if we would have played Robbo instead of him - no chance to convince anybody, he was not ready for that.

"That's no problem, it was a big step to come to Liverpool, but he needed the time and he used the time. Well done, I have to say.

"That's why we have more than 11 players and, thank God, in the moment Alberto got the injury, Robbo stepped up. It was lucky to be honest, it was exactly the right timing.

"Now Alberto has to fight, no doubt about that, but we need two left-backs, we cannot go into the season with one."

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #887 on: February 19, 2018, 09:34:56 am »
Went skiing for a mates birthday on the 14th. Was assured that the local bar/nightclub showed football, so once dinner was done, strolled off to catch the last 60 minutes. Being the only Liverpool fan in the group this meant I was alone. No problem, couple of beers and watch the game I thought, happy walk home once we add to the two we already had. That was the plan.

Bar is showing football, but for some reason, the locals seem to think that watching Real vs PSG is superior to 60 minutes of Liverpool showing their brilliance. Novices, they'll get it soon. Everyone will.

I manage to catch 20 minutes on a shite Internet stream before my phone battery dies. During that time I scare the shit out of the, stunning, barmaid with my sudden shout of celebration for the third. Even a broken, buffering Internet stream can't disguise the fluidity and skill of that goal.

Eventually I accept that I'm seeing no more of the reds this evening, find out via a fellow drinker that we've got to 4, and set off home.

I've travelled a bit, I know how to get around on me own, but my usual tactic of making a list of landmarks to remember for reverse journies fails me. I didn't realise the road forked into three in the other direction... An hour later, and having literally walked up a small mountain, thinking it'll be quicker than turning around, I concede defeat, return to civilization and drunkenly beg for assistance from a restaurant thats about 5o close. A hero arrives and we draw a shitty map, arrive at no conclusion and he drives me home. What a guy. Refuses to take drink money too... Anyway, I stumble into bed. Get out again while apologising to an angry and now awake friend, and finally fall onto a mattress to sleep.

My thoughts before I do are that this team is on the brink of something incredible. I've not seen us attack this consistently, and dangerously in my lifetime. 13/14 was one season, we've been playing this way for around 2 and a half now. We're slowly eradicating our issues, building confidence and developing into   brilliant side. I consider how this team is consistently underrated by people, against hoffenheim, seville, city, etc etc etc. I start thinking what they've got to do for people to give them the proper respect and credit, rather than being politely surprised about it. I think maybe if we do something that Noone else has? Then remember we just have, a night after city take our Euro away record, we take it back and level the entire continents best, rather than just our countries. I wonder why its always us that are good while playing bad teams, while City are just good. I remember that we're brilliant, that we're on a journey. I fall asleep, wondering where on they're figurative hill these reds are. Approaching the top for my money