Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2820011 times)

Offline Mozology

• Legacy Fan
  • FSG, spend some fucking money, miserable bastards
Re: Mohamed Salah - FWA and PFA Player of the Year Signs New 5 Yr Deal
« Reply #6400 on: September 20, 2018, 12:33:11 am »
Hope he scores against Southampton and slams a water bottle on the ground in celebration. ;D

Take the piss outta the Manc loving media. ;D

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #6401 on: September 20, 2018, 12:54:22 am »
Just re-watched the game. He was really poor throughout the whole game, probably his worst game for us. He also kept throwing up his arms as soon as someone took a shot or didn't pass him. Didn't look pretty. It can only get better from this really.
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline GucciMane

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6402 on: September 20, 2018, 02:27:01 am »
Just re-watched the game. He was really poor throughout the whole game, probably his worst game for us. He also kept throwing up his arms as soon as someone took a shot or didn't pass him. Didn't look pretty. It can only get better from this really.
nej du va dålig igår

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #6403 on: September 20, 2018, 06:33:49 am »
I reckon the Egypt FA bullshit is taking a toll.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #6404 on: September 20, 2018, 06:55:32 am »

He worked his backside off made a number of runs, was always pressing when we didn't have the ball. We need to get behind him.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #6405 on: September 20, 2018, 09:05:12 am »

Huh? He was good for 55 minutes of that game, making runs and trying to feed others through. It was only the last 10 minutes he really struggled and became sloppy.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6406 on: September 20, 2018, 09:07:20 am »
Salah will be fine, he is just disappointed with his own performance which is actually a good thing.
Believer

Offline Hymer Red

• With the money from the accident she bought herself a mobile home...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6407 on: September 20, 2018, 09:22:07 am »
So Mo's not playing well? Thats a shame but everyone is allowed an off day or two at work. Now look at our results this season you dont get more points than that. Just think how good we will be when Mo gets back up to speed, we will be awesome!
This Klopp fella, hes not bad is he?

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #6408 on: September 20, 2018, 10:42:57 am »
Not too dissimilar from how Salah started last season. He just needs a bit of a confidence boost. He will score a few and be unstoppable again, no worries.

He may be frustrated, but that's natural. He isn't the new Le Sulk. He needs us to be fully behind him, especially after the summer he had

Offline Redshadow

• Legacy Fan
  • Wir schaffen es diesmal mit Herrn Klopp
« Reply #6409 on: September 20, 2018, 02:05:28 pm »
Liverpool fans, huh? Really need to hurt themselves for afraid that things might just be right this time around. Stop spreading nonsense; Salah celebrated the goal. Can't bear thinking what some of us will say if he can't get a goal this Saturday.
It's that Rafa situation again when we were top of the league.
The thing is he had a same start last year, he was missing chances, and he didn't kick into gear until November really much like the rest of the team.

This. And last season Mane was the main man until he was injured and Salah picked it up and never looked back after that.
Whatever an education is, it should make you a unique individual, not a conformist; it should furnish you with an original spirit to tackle big challenges; it should allow you to find values to road map through life; it should make you spiritually rich, a person who loves whatever you are doing, wherever you are.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6411 on: September 20, 2018, 09:10:02 pm »
He also kept throwing up his arms as soon as someone took a shot or didn't pass him.

Good : )

Offline Gutzon Borglum

• Kopite
« Reply #6412 on: September 22, 2018, 03:28:09 am »
A great video giving some context to what Salah has been dealing with on a personal level of late.

https://youtu.be/WXElQtiYsio

Offline joekim87

• Truly gone shark fishing.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #6413 on: September 22, 2018, 04:45:06 am »
A great video giving some context to what Salah has been dealing with on a personal level of late.

https://youtu.be/WXElQtiYsio

Was just about to post this!! Did people on the forums here know about this already? After watching that, no wonder Salah hasn't been on point. The man just needs a good night's sleep!

Offline Cohiba

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Klopp
« Reply #6414 on: September 22, 2018, 07:51:54 am »
^
That's an excellent and informative video that should remind us that Salah needs our support now more than ever. Thanks for posting.
Every great achievement
Was believed to be impossible at one time

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #6415 on: September 22, 2018, 11:48:34 am »
Mo's just going through what most players go through after an amazing season = form.

Form is temporary - class is permanent.

I like the fact that he got pissed off with himself because we want to see that fight in our players and not someone who is just happy to get his (large) check at the end of the week after getting splinters on the bench.

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #6416 on: September 22, 2018, 11:54:27 am »
He’s only not scored for two games...

Not the biggest dip a player has ever had.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6417 on: September 22, 2018, 11:56:29 am »

True, but because of last season it seems like 10  ;)

Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6418 on: September 22, 2018, 01:19:31 pm »

exactly. this is ridicolous

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6419 on: September 22, 2018, 02:18:26 pm »
Mitrović is ahead of you Mo.
#Motivation
[emoji16]

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6420 on: September 22, 2018, 02:48:19 pm »
He'll soon be back to his best, he'll probably get an hat trick sometime in the next few months!

Offline liverbloke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6421 on: September 22, 2018, 04:07:20 pm »
He's got one today (so far) so looks like he's not crap after all - who'da thunk?

Offline Hendollama

• Baldanovski stan. Injustice can be committed only by persons who cannot be touched, only by persons who have power and authority.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6422 on: September 22, 2018, 05:29:37 pm »
MOTM for me.
Happy is the man who avoids hardship, but how fine is the man who is afflicted and shows endurance.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #6423 on: September 22, 2018, 05:34:11 pm »
Nearly there... was superb today just missed that little finesse that was so trademark of him last season. That backheel deserved to go in just for the audacity. But he finally looked as sharp as he was last season. Rinsed Vestergaard time and time again. I'd say he hits top form again sometime just before the international break. Given all that though, he's still managed 3 goals and an assist in 6 league games when he's not been anywhere close to his best. That's the mark of a world class talent.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6424 on: September 22, 2018, 05:41:57 pm »
Shame that backheel didn't go in, would have been a contender for goal of the year already.

He was good today, unlucky not to have another or two, his best performance so far this season.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6425 on: September 22, 2018, 05:43:40 pm »
Shame that backheel didn't go in, would have been a contender for goal of the year already.

That backheel really did deserve to be a goal! ;D

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6426 on: September 22, 2018, 05:51:27 pm »
He was back to his best today. Was our most potent threat.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6427 on: September 22, 2018, 06:05:16 pm »
Sounds as if he had a really good game today, certainly got loads of mentions on the commentary. It's a pity he didn't score with the back heel sounds like it would have been a real quality goal.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6428 on: September 22, 2018, 06:08:53 pm »
Had a good game today and it was great to see the big beaming grin back on his face.   :D
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6429 on: September 22, 2018, 06:24:33 pm »
@BiggyAL1981
Follow Follow @BiggyAL1981
More
@MoSalah I cannot thank you enough mo.. Brought my lad to tears (and me).... These are moments in life that hold more value than i can explain.. A day my son Lewis will never forget @LFC

https://twitter.com/BiggyAL1981/status/1043536798302052352

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #6430 on: September 22, 2018, 06:25:32 pm »
He's getting there, but he's still a long way off the high standards he set himself last season. He really can't beat his man anymore unless he beats him for pace, which he will everytime. That close control and beating of a couple of players (think the goals vs. Everton and Spurs at Anfield) is still not quite up to scratch but he'll be back to his best soon enough. Hell of a player if he's scoring and assisting without even being at his best.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6431 on: September 22, 2018, 06:27:12 pm »
@BiggyAL1981
Follow Follow @BiggyAL1981
More
@MoSalah I cannot thank you enough mo.. Brought my lad to tears (and me).... These are moments in life that hold more value than i can explain.. A day my son Lewis will never forget @LFC

https://twitter.com/BiggyAL1981/status/1043536798302052352

Of course what the camera didn't show is that moments later Mo threw a water bottle, full pelt, into the crying child's face.

Anyway, better performance from him today whilst not being great. Most importantly was nice to see his wry smile when things weren't coming off. It'll come.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6432 on: September 22, 2018, 06:39:59 pm »

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6433 on: September 23, 2018, 08:24:33 am »
I would cash in - don’t make richarlison mistake. High value - pay off our debts.

Offline Andy-oh-six

• Legacy Fan
  • Mr Susan in 'the world of mirrors'...
Internet terrorist

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6435 on: September 23, 2018, 10:04:07 am »
Don't think anybody here is expecting him to match last season's tally, nor should we.  Mo isn't carrying the team.  We're still looking at perhaps 20 PL goals from him this season, with a fair number of assists as well.  That's perfectly reasonably given our options up front.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline greatbritton

• Anny Roader
  • As Always, I am Focused on Supporting My Manager
« Reply #6436 on: September 23, 2018, 03:48:02 pm »
Just had a quick look at the expected goals stats and expected assists stats for the premier league this season. He leads the league in expected goals with 5.09, and is third in expected assists with 1.99. His actual tallies are lagging his expected tallies by almost 2 goals and a full assist.

His actual numbers are well below the standard, but he's been the best player in the league according to the advanced stats. I'd still expect him to score 30+ this season, and was really encouraged by his display on Saturday. More importantly, I loved his his attitude when things didn't exactly go his way (rueful smiles, the audacity of that backheel), which was more reminiscent of his attitude last year when things would go his way.

https://understat.com/league/EPL

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #6437 on: September 23, 2018, 03:50:50 pm »
Just had a quick look at the expected goals stats and expected assists stats for the premier league this season. He leads the league in expected goals with 5.09, and is third in expected assists with 1.99. His actual tallies are lagging his expected tallies by almost 2 goals and a full assist.

His actual numbers are well below the standard, but he's been the best player in the league according to the advanced stats. I'd still expect him to score 30+ this season, and was really encouraged by his display on Saturday. More importantly, I loved his his attitude when things didn't exactly go his way (rueful smiles, the audacity of that backheel), which was more reminiscent of his attitude last year when things would go his way.

https://understat.com/league/EPL

No surprise that.. thought he was excellent yesterday..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6438 on: September 24, 2018, 07:02:04 pm »
Balon D'Or tonight. This shit on TV anywhere?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6439 on: September 24, 2018, 07:04:38 pm »
Balon D'Or tonight. This shit on TV anywhere?

It will be live streamed on Fifa.com and Fifa TV on YouTube. The show will also be shown on television on EuroSport from 4.45pm.