Author Topic: James Milner - El Burro Magnifico  (Read 577835 times)

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: James Milner - El Burro Magnifico
« Reply #4520 on: January 7, 2024, 08:29:51 am »
Echoing the above, I usually tune out of player interviews very quickly (usually I just listen to foreign players for a few seconds to see how their English is) but James is a very articulate and insightful man with intelligence and humour. Despite being Boring :D.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #4521 on: January 8, 2024, 01:41:10 am »
Echoing the above, I usually tune out of player interviews very quickly (usually I just listen to foreign players for a few seconds to see how their English is) but James is a very articulate and insightful man with intelligence and humour. Despite being Boring :D.

The whole boring James Milner thing sums him up perfectly. Instead of trying to change that perception and doing something 'crazy', he just went along with it and decided he can laugh about it together with everyone else. A person who can laugh about themselves (to a certain extent) cannot be a bad person.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4522 on: January 8, 2024, 01:43:42 am »
He should have stayed, he'd have gotten around the same amount of minutes.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #4523 on: January 8, 2024, 11:30:46 am »
He should have stayed, he'd have gotten around the same amount of minutes.
Klopp wanted him to stay, as did Milner, but the Club didn't offer him a contract I believe ...
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4524 on: January 8, 2024, 12:23:01 pm »
Klopp wanted him to stay, as did Milner, but the Club didn't offer him a contract I believe ...

Love Milner a lot and wouldn't have minded in the summer if he stayed for another year. But in hindsight it was probably the right move, yeah he could fill in multiple positions but it's time for others to do that.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4525 on: January 8, 2024, 12:25:46 pm »

Which i find nuts. Who the fuck is vetoing Jurgen's position there?

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4526 on: January 8, 2024, 12:27:28 pm »
The whole boring James Milner thing sums him up perfectly. Instead of trying to change that perception and doing something 'crazy', he just went along with it and decided he can laugh about it together with everyone else. A person who can laugh about themselves (to a certain extent) cannot be a bad person.

The fact that he got a door named after him at Kirkby shows the club got in on the act as well. :D

I love Milly, probably one of my favourite LFC players of the past 20 years. But it was time to move on. Yeah, he could have still done a job for us, but it would have meant taking up a squad place that maybe it's time for another player to have. But I'm sure we will have him back in a coaching role at some point. There's just too much affection between him and the club for it not to happen.

His LFC career isn't over, it's just on hiatus. Gardening leave, if you will.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4527 on: January 8, 2024, 10:20:13 pm »
Milner is awesome but he would have soaked up backup minutes that have allowed Endo and Gomez to thrive.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4528 on: January 9, 2024, 01:04:40 pm »
Which i find nuts. Who the fuck is vetoing Jurgen's position there?
Think it's more likely he was offered a contract as part of the backroom staff but Milner felt (rightly so) he still has another couple of PL seasons in him. Beating Gareth Barry's record must be on at this point. He'll be back at the AXA in 2025/26.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4529 on: January 9, 2024, 04:45:01 pm »
To be fair - we had Milner last year and our midfield was a sieve. He can still play - and Brighton are entertaining but don't play as intensely as we do (I don't think).

It would have been nice to have him as a backup option for sure - but it's ok that he moved on too.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4530 on: January 9, 2024, 05:48:58 pm »
To be fair - we had Milner last year and our midfield was a sieve. He can still play - and Brighton are entertaining but don't play as intensely as we do (I don't think).

It would have been nice to have him as a backup option for sure - but it's ok that he moved on too.

Wasn't really his fault that though. The entire midfield went to shit all at once and he couldn't be everywhere. Players younger than him were letting the side down badly. He was never intended to feature as much as he did.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #4531 on: January 17, 2024, 10:53:45 am »
This is a superb interview with James, he always comes out of these interviews in such a good way and is always entertaining with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2waGCay9d4&pp=ygUgamFtZXMgbWlsbmVyIGZvb3RiYWxsJ3MgZ3JlYXRlc3Q%3D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4532 on: January 17, 2024, 02:17:00 pm »
Seems his lad is in the Liverpool academy. And yeah that was a great interview.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 02:21:24 pm by Garlicbread »

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #4533 on: January 19, 2024, 02:09:29 pm »
50% - Across the 632 Premier League matches that James Milner has appeared in, those games have featured 50% of the total players to have made at least one appearance in Premier League history (2,381/4,776). Mind-blowing.

:shocked
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4534 on: January 23, 2024, 10:47:02 am »
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4535 on: January 23, 2024, 11:58:12 am »
Superb, and won the lot too. And still putting a decent shift in.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4536 on: January 23, 2024, 12:07:57 pm »
Seems his lad is in the Liverpool academy. And yeah that was a great interview.

Wonder if he still speaks to him in Spanish.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4537 on: January 23, 2024, 12:31:38 pm »
2nd part of the interview with Jeff Stelling. Milner's top 5 games:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZmltmyoGFo

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4538 on: January 23, 2024, 04:15:19 pm »

So Giggs' division 1 appearances don't count? It waters down the stats significantly.  He was literally playing against the same teams. But football was invented in 1992 I guess.

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #4539 on: January 23, 2024, 04:18:13 pm »
So Giggs' division 1 appearances don't count? It waters down the stats significantly.  He was literally playing against the same teams. But football was invented in 1992 I guess.

No-ones Division 1 appearances count or it'd be a completely different list.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4540 on: January 23, 2024, 05:02:03 pm »
No-ones Division 1 appearances count or it'd be a completely different list.
The focus on PL stats is disrespectful to the rich history of the football league (over a century). Effectively,  it's the same league as the first division so the split is very strange indeed.

It's like creating a Super League and disregarding the competition it's replacing (e.g CL) even if it's a similar concept
« Last Edit: January 23, 2024, 05:05:36 pm by MonsLibpool »

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4541 on: January 23, 2024, 05:06:43 pm »
The focus on PL stats is disrespectful to the rich history of the football league (over a century). Effectively,  it's the same league as the first division so the split is very strange indeed.

It always amused me with United fans singing "20 times, 20 times Man United" whilst simultaneously trying to get a dig at us about never winning the Premier League.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT