Author Topic: Supporters' Committee - raising motions for discussion  (Read 2127 times)

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
Supporters' Committee - raising motions for discussion
« on: January 25, 2023, 11:29:12 am »
I don't know if this is the right tree to be barking up and I have no idea how the Supporters' Committee is structured or even if there is RAWK-representation on it, so this is a shot in the dark.

The stuff about chanting is reaching breaking point imho.

How can we raise the topic with the club that the resentment bubbling largely under the surface about having away team supporters in our own ground mock us about death and tragedy (and continue to perpetuate the kind of myths that necessitated this country's single longest and most expensive Inquest in history into the single greatest loss of life at a sporting event) is reaching a point where there might be repercussions we don't even want to consider?

How can we get the club to speak up? They did before, when it was directed at our away fans on the opposition's ground - and that did make the news.

Some of us want more action taken.

It's right that anything chanted that contravenes the discrimination legislation (e.g. homophobic, racist, sexist, etc.) is called out and individuals punished.

How do we go about dealing with hundreds of supporters screaming that we're murderers and that the scum rag paper was right, as well as the "Always the victims" chant, which we ALL know is REALLY about Hillsborough.......?

Many people write about how they want the club to act.

The first step is getting the club to listen to what we want them to act about and why.

And, if they already know that, what (if any) plans are in place to address it?

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
Re: Supporters' Committee - raising motions for discussion
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2023, 01:11:01 am »
I don't know if this is the right tree to be barking up and I have no idea how the Supporters' Committee is structured or even if there is RAWK-representation on it, so this is a shot in the dark.

The inaugural Liverpool Football Club Supporters Board

Joe Blott  Spirit of Shankly chair and committee member
Graham Smith  SOS vice-chair and committee member
Ted Morris  Liverpool Disabled Supporter Association (LDSA) chair
Paul Amann  Kop Outs chair
Jo Goodall Liverpool FC Women Supporters Club chair
Lee Foley  OLSC Glasgow, elected by OLSC group chairs
Paddy Fitzsimons   Spion Kop 1906
Harinder Singh  Faith and ethnicity independent representative
Anna Burgess  SOS committee member
Mohan Singh Randhawa  SOS committee member
Lucy Rimmer  SOS committee member
Mark Johnson  SOS committee member
Melissa Fallon  SOS committee member
Phil Rowan  SOS committee member
Roy Bentham  SOS committee member
Chris Owen  SOS committee member

Anna and Graham post on RAWK but on RAOTL more. Phil Rowan's on RAOTL.

Harinder on RAWK of course.

I know Paddy, Roy, Anna, Phil and Chris but only to say alright to. I'd say the SOS ones have had their hands full with the Paris report. Easiest thing might be just to go the next SOS meeting and raise it.

Or https://spiritofshankly.com/contact/

if you can't make it.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2023, 01:14:48 am by Billy Elliot »
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!