Author Topic: The creeping silent army of the ether (Twitter-Whoppery)  (Read 50856 times)

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
Re: The creeping silent army of the ether (Twitter-Whoppery)
« Reply #80 on: September 3, 2021, 01:26:05 pm »
What I don’t get is that say the official Liverpool Twitter tweet something, at least half of the first ten or so replies will be “Finished club” or that awful contrived one that goes on forever about how they can’t support them anymore.

Which dickheads are doing this? And why?

Easy enough to ignore as you say, but still find it incredible. :D

"Washed" - eh?

And what does "." mean?

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #81 on: September 3, 2021, 01:26:55 pm »
I’ll be honest, I couldn’t give a shite.

I’ve deleted my Twitter account as I’m fed up of the absolute cesspit that it is (of which the Transfer virgins make up only a small percentage.) My main issue with it is the current fad of ‘shaming people’ whereby if someone does something or says something which someone else doesn’t like they share the post with thousands of people which results in some massive pile-on, it’s shithouse behaviour and the reason I left was because it happened to me after I had a go at someone doing it to someone else.

Anyway.

As to the point in question, I personally treat it as some weird separate dimension. These people aren’t fans of the club, they might claim to be, they might think that they are but in my eyes they’re not and I’d wager most people with a genuine love for the club and a fucking brim would feel the same way. It’s white noise, static, just unidentifiable fucking shite which has no connection to a love for the football club and every connection with wanting to be a fucking bellend on Twitter.

I’m a big fan of the Anfield Wrap but one thing they do a lot which always irks me is reference social media’s combined opinion on something as if it’s valid which it almost always is not. Who cares whether a load of berks on Twitter think Wijnaldum is shit? It’s not representative of real life or real fans but a bunch of FIFA addicted twats who are more interested in bragging about the latest signing than they are about us actually winning football games. I would add that on this point I’m referring to (stupid) opinions which you see a lot of on social media and their validity being given far more weight than they deserve, I am in no way taking exception to the excellent work the Anfield Wrap has done on calling out abuse which occurs over these platforms which is absolutely awful and deserves to be continually called out.

As a disclaimer I am not saying that everyone on Twitter is an idiot, or any implied judgments as to proximity to the football club or the city. There are clearly lots of great fans worldwide who use the internet to connect with the football club and the fanbase. My issue is when we discuss the ‘overarching opinion on Twitter’ the good ones are almost always drowned out by the swathes of dickheads.
« Last Edit: September 3, 2021, 01:28:38 pm by Jm55 »

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #82 on: September 3, 2021, 01:27:04 pm »
To be fair though isn't that the fault of VAR and not the pundits. Even if you are in the ground you don't celebrate the same nowadays. Celebrations are somewhat stifled especially if it is a tight offside.
That's fair. But I think it's now becoming a crutch - a final desperate plea for a goal to be disallowed.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: September 3, 2021, 01:42:00 pm »
What I don’t get is that say the official Liverpool Twitter tweet something, at least half of the first ten or so replies will be “Finished club” or that awful contrived one that goes on forever about how they can’t support them anymore.

Is this where all the americanised shite comes from, do you think? Almost bordering on trash talk.

"The league ain't ready."
"Imagine thinking Player X is better than Player Y. There are levels to this game."
"Dead club"
"Ratio'd"

Its just kids posting memes/going through phases of memes.

Most of us dont get it in here because we're just older, and sometimes that is fine.

Lot of people in this thread sound like the old arses you'd hate when you were a kid, I bet when we were kids we did things older people didn't get.

Life.

Online red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: September 3, 2021, 01:51:55 pm »

Most of us dont get it in here because we're just older, and sometimes that is fine.

Lot of people in this thread sound like the old arses you'd hate when you were a kid, I bet when we were kids we did things older people didn't get.

Life.

You sound like an old arse.  ;D

Offline Bobsackamano

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: September 3, 2021, 01:54:17 pm »
The eyes of the media must light up any time something dramatic happens, look at how many times Sky Sports mentioned the Pickford/Van Dijk incident afterwards. They do it because they know it guarantees them a discussion point and plenty of social media exposure. Same with commentary (Tyler & Neville are the worst for it), when something happens in a match they instantly start talking about either the narrative behind it or try to stir up some form of controversy. Take Salah's header against City a couple of years back, straight away Neville was on the "OOOOOOOH VAR WILL LOOK AT THIS OOOOOOH IS HE JUST OFFSIDE?!?!?!?!". There's no appreciation of the game by these clowns, just them grasping at any opportunity to provide a talking point. Or Arsenal Fan TV now overreacting to everything for the sake of "content".

All of it's done to create "exposure" and "content" and it works. The Twitter mob then lap it up and adopt these opinions as their own.

This constant search for a narrative is a highly corrosive element in UK commentary. When streaming from Irish channels this element to the commentary is almost entirely missing and it allows the commentators to react and comment on the match in a neutral manner. If you are constantly searching for a narrative or looking for incidents to back up a narrative it fundamentally alters the way you view events as they are happening. I find the Irish commentary far superior, i also think Ally McCoist and Clive Tyldsley are more akin to the Irish style. Like many others on this thread most other commentary will last a few minutes before being muted.

Online xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: September 3, 2021, 02:30:18 pm »
not all twatter is shit

this one raises some pretty balanced points as well. I was actually looking forward to some kind of succession planning but that just wasn't to be.

https://twitter.com/mochatra/status/1433154030549835780?s=21

but on the whole, i do feel like empty vessels pundits are ruining the fun of football. I even watch games on mute. Rather than hear the repetitive drones and cliche agenda ridden bullshit of most commentary teams.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #87 on: September 3, 2021, 02:45:17 pm »

Life.

You mean kids don’t dial landline numbers at random and do prank calls anymore? Very sad.

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: September 3, 2021, 02:46:59 pm »
This constant search for a narrative is a highly corrosive element in UK commentary. When streaming from Irish channels this element to the commentary is almost entirely missing and it allows the commentators to react and comment on the match in a neutral manner. If you are constantly searching for a narrative or looking for incidents to back up a narrative it fundamentally alters the way you view events as they are happening. I find the Irish commentary far superior, i also think Ally McCoist and Clive Tyldsley are more akin to the Irish style. Like many others on this thread most other commentary will last a few minutes before being muted.

This is bang on, I'll often look for an overseas stream.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: September 3, 2021, 03:13:18 pm »
This is bang on, I'll often look for an overseas stream.
I should put that on my protest email to Sky

"...I demand that Neville and Tyler are removed from Liverpool games as they ruin my streaming experience"  :lmao

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #90 on: September 3, 2021, 03:24:41 pm »
You mean kids don’t dial landline numbers at random and do prank calls anymore? Very sad.

"Johnsons Grocery"
"Have you got Prince Albert in a large can?"
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #91 on: September 3, 2021, 03:36:35 pm »

Yep. It's not funny either. Same with the SIGN SOMEONE! Better than Penaldo/Pessi shite

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #92 on: September 3, 2021, 03:40:56 pm »
But what irritates me about it though, is how main stream media give them a platform- using tweets in articles. BBC is one of the absolute worst for doing this. So that makes it far worse than it used to be when it was ‘just’ forums. Now their bile is spread far further.

First rule of journalism should be do not include a Tweet in your article  particularly if you are trying to justify/support your position. A school essay wouldn't allow that shite so why should a major media corporation. It's lazy and insults the reader's intelligence. However, media corporations have never figured out how to respond to the problem of advertising on the internet, so if it gets clicks, they don't seem to care as clicks = revenue

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #93 on: September 3, 2021, 03:48:26 pm »
That's fair. But I think it's now becoming a crutch - a final desperate plea for a goal to be disallowed.

Or it is just an attempt to build up the hype and suspense, humans love cliffhangers and in football VAR adds to the drama for the sky washed. It is nothing new. In the 70's and 80's Jimmy Hill used to come out with a similar style of diatribe. A mate worked at the BBC and I asked them why the hell Hill was still in a job.

He was still in a job because he provoked a reaction and got people talking about MOTD. Their job sadly is to entertain casual viewers. The sort of people who parrot the pundits bizarre rhetoric.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online rhysd

• Kopite
  • Igor
« Reply #94 on: September 3, 2021, 03:53:13 pm »
For years now as soon as the game finishes I switch off.
Not interested in the agenda driven shite they talk in the studio.

Then I catch Klopp's interview later on youtube.

I can't stand twitter, have to steer clear. Facebook is getting as bad, some of the comments about the club leave you shaking your head.

I don't know if they are just bots or what, but I struggle to believe you can be as clueless as some of these people and actually be a genuine fan.

The latest from these loons is that FSG use Liverpool's money to fund the Red Sox. Seen that a lot on Facebook.
20 and 7

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #95 on: September 3, 2021, 05:16:48 pm »

Don't know about random calls. Back in the 60s when the Untouchables was the programme of choice we joined the horde of other like minded eejits in Liverpool ringing up the unfortunate Mr F Nitti and telling him we were Elliott Ness.

I think he may have had his number removed from the Liverpool area phone book.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #96 on: September 3, 2021, 05:24:01 pm »
Don't know about random calls. Back in the 60s when the Untouchables was the programme of choice we joined the horde of other like minded eejits in Liverpool ringing up the unfortunate Mr F Nitti and telling him we were Elliott Ness.

I think he may have had his number removed from the Liverpool area phone book.

:D

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #97 on: September 3, 2021, 11:50:59 pm »

It's an English disease, it's not just football, nearly all newspapers and 'media sites' start with an opinion and select and comment accordingly. The issue is why England, which on the whole is quite a tolerant society, is so poor at avoiding agendas in the press and media, it is a psychological state of mind.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #98 on: September 4, 2021, 07:13:02 am »
Thank god I´m not on twitter. Of course you still come across these stupid opinions elsewhere (comments sections of various news sites, youtube and blogs etc) - but not being on twitter really does drown out the majority of shite.

Likewise I also don´t watch any football punditry at all these days. That helps keep me sane as well. Listening to the commentators is still a necessary evil. I actually think nearly all of the surrounding noise in football is a complete waste of time, up until the whistle being blown. If I´m being honest I don´t even watch the pre or post-match interviews with Klopp anymore - because it is still just full of journalists asking questions to fit whichever is the latest "agenda" or talking point.

Luckily my mates from home and my mates that I watch the footy with here with are sound and also stay well away from twitter, and they are where I get most of my footy chat (aside from RAWK of course)

« Last Edit: September 4, 2021, 07:15:29 am by Indomitable_Carp »

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #99 on: September 4, 2021, 09:44:28 am »
My social media feeds (particularly Instagram, I don’t really use Twitter other then to complain to customer services) seem to be full of FSG Out posts now, it’s becoming quite noticeable and I’m not someone whose particular hostile to the current owners.

Anyone else noticed the same?
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #100 on: September 4, 2021, 09:44:37 am »
Is this where all the americanised shite comes from, do you think? Almost bordering on trash talk.

"The league ain't ready."
"Imagine thinking Player X is better than Player Y. There are levels to this game."
"Dead club"
"Ratio'd"
Been seeing this ratio term a lot lately, and I can't for the life of Brian figure out what it means.  :-\

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #101 on: September 4, 2021, 09:45:47 am »
My social media feeds (particularly Instagram, I don’t really use Twitter other then to complain to customer services) seem to be full of FSG Out posts now, it’s becoming quite noticeable and I’m not someone whose particular hostile to the current owners.

Anyone else noticed the same?

On what basis? Because of a draw to Chelsea? Or the fact we didn´t sign Ronaldo?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #102 on: September 4, 2021, 10:07:22 am »
Do what I do and don't read any of the twats.

Is the correct answer

Some of our 'fans' are a shower of gobshites. Been arguing with a few of them throwing their toys out of the pram. They think it's a 'disgrace' that we haven't spent £100M this transfer window and they want the owners out.

When I point out that these owners have helped us win the league after 30 years and the Champions League - they get all poutily silent..

Inbred knobends. I wish they'd fuck off and support the Mancs or someone.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #103 on: September 4, 2021, 10:13:22 am »
On what basis? Because of a draw to Chelsea? Or the fact we didn´t sign Ronaldo?

Lack of signings, but I try not to click on them too much as the more you look at something the more the social media platforms then bombard you with similar posts.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Bobsackamano

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: September 4, 2021, 11:21:32 am »
Been seeing this ratio term a lot lately, and I can't for the life of Brian figure out what it means.  :-\

This is what i found on Google:
On the social media platform Twitter, a ratio, or getting ratioed, is when replies to a tweet vastly outnumber likes or retweets. This means people are objecting to the tweet and considering its content bad.

Funny old world

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #105 on: September 4, 2021, 11:28:20 am »
Is the correct answer

Some of our 'fans' are a shower of gobshites. Been arguing with a few of them throwing their toys out of the pram. They think it's a 'disgrace' that we haven't spent £100M this transfer window and they want the owners out.

When I point out that these owners have helped us win the league after 30 years and the Champions League - they get all poutily silent..

I wish there were qualifying criteria whereby you could exclude some of your own club's fans.

"You have been denied the privilege of supporting LFC as, due to comments made on your twitter account, it appears you do not meet the standards set over many years by this club, goodbye, we have sent you the details of 91 other clubs you may wish to consider"
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #106 on: September 4, 2021, 11:48:42 am »
Is the correct answer

We won the Champions league in 18/19 since then the lack of investment in the playing squad has been quite frankly farcical. It as if FSG have said right that is it we have got the fans off our back lets stop investing in the playing squad.

Since the CL win there have been five windows and over those five windows we have made a net profit on transfers. We were the top club in Europe and had a fantastic opportunity to use that to our advantage in terms of recruitment.

That would be fine if we had a fantastic squad but each season we go in short hoping to avoid a injury crisis. In 19/20 we had the preposterous situation of bringing Nat Phillips back for one game because the cupboard was bare.

Then last season we sold Lovren and didn't replace him and had a defensive crisis. For me getting 3rd place last season probably ranks as Klopp's finest achievement.

This season we have let Gini go without replacing him and are likely to be massively short upfront during the AFCON. We also have the problem of a lot of our key players reaching their thirties. We desperately need to start refreshing the squad.

Luckily FSG lackies in the media have told us to be patient because next year is going to be the big window when the likes of Mbappe and Haaland will be available.

Strangely enough the FSG media lackies told us in 19/20 that 20/21 was going to be the big window, again bizarrely when that didn't happen it was 21/22. Now it is 22/23 or is that 29/30. I have lost track.

I might not agree with the idiots on Facebook and Insta especially the amount of bile they come out with but the problem is that there is more than a grain of truth about FSG and their lack of spending.   
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: September 4, 2021, 12:02:01 pm »
First things first. There absolutely is a weird subset of "fans" for whom football is largely about transfers and online bragging rights. They're generally anonymous weirdos with pictures of footballers as their avis and names like @ManeMentality or whatever. These people are totally divorced from the idea of going to a live football match or even watching the match in the pub with their mates. It's almost totally an online experience. They generally have no connection to the city and, it's probably important to say, are almost certainly children or young adults. They're fairly easy to ignore, even easier to dismiss and have no real power whatsoever.

The internet has seemingly created a weird dichotomy where you're either an oddball obsessed with transfers and success or a stoic bore, perched upon a pedestal, above it all and filled with a sense of pride. Maybe it's about identifying exactly what it is we want from football. Some sort of real, shared experience or simply Liverpool winning a lot of football matches?

The trouble for me is when this idea is used to deflect any reasonable criticism or stamp out any discussion at all. It's not childish or ungrateful to have wanted to the club to buy another forward of, say, Jota's level this summer. However, if you dare to moan loud enough it becomes very easy for others to misinterpret your motives and push you into the weird grey-zone between "top red" and "bottom red." Worryingly, it seems to be another type of fan, those with some small amount of power, (local journalists, fan-channel personalities etc) who tend to be most guilty of stirring the pot.

Offline Bobsackamano

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: September 4, 2021, 01:09:24 pm »
We won the Champions league in 18/19 since then the lack of investment in the playing squad has been quite frankly farcical.
Luckily FSG lackies in the media have told us to be patient because next year is going to be the big window when the likes of Mbappe and Haaland will be available.

Strangely enough the FSG media lackies told us in 19/20 that 20/21 was going to be the big window, again bizarrely when that didn't happen it was 21/22. Now it is 22/23 or is that 29/30. I have lost track.

Just so i can look at what they have been saying, who are these lackies you speak of?

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #109 on: September 4, 2021, 01:40:47 pm »
First things first. There absolutely is a weird subset of "fans" for whom football is largely about transfers and online bragging rights. They're generally anonymous weirdos with pictures of footballers as their avis and names like @ManeMentality or whatever. These people are totally divorced from the idea of going to a live football match or even watching the match in the pub with their mates. It's almost totally an online experience. They generally have no connection to the city and, it's probably important to say, are almost certainly children or young adults. They're fairly easy to ignore, even easier to dismiss and have no real power whatsoever.

The internet has seemingly created a weird dichotomy where you're either an oddball obsessed with transfers and success or a stoic bore, perched upon a pedestal, above it all and filled with a sense of pride. Maybe it's about identifying exactly what it is we want from football. Some sort of real, shared experience or simply Liverpool winning a lot of football matches?

The trouble for me is when this idea is used to deflect any reasonable criticism or stamp out any discussion at all. It's not childish or ungrateful to have wanted to the club to buy another forward of, say, Jota's level this summer. However, if you dare to moan loud enough it becomes very easy for others to misinterpret your motives and push you into the weird grey-zone between "top red" and "bottom red." Worryingly, it seems to be another type of fan, those with some small amount of power, (local journalists, fan-channel personalities etc) who tend to be most guilty of stirring the pot.
Dont pretend like it would matter one bit to these fans how much the club spends, just like the titles don't matter.
ManU have outspent us enormously for years, but their fans are much worse.
It's not about the actual signings or results, it's all about whining and making noise. They will never be satisfied.

Offline JCB

• Sponsors of Digger Barnes.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: September 4, 2021, 01:52:38 pm »
Is the correct answer

You should also point out that: a) we just spent £50m re-developing our training facilities and are now spending another £60m expanding the stadium... it doesn't all go into players.

F*cking dipshits.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #111 on: September 4, 2021, 01:55:55 pm »
Just so i can look at what they have been saying, who are these lackies you speak of?

Neil Jones who worked for the Echo for 8 years and is now Liverpool FC correspondent for Goal.

"Next summer is already being talked up as a big one by sources close to the club, who believe it will be easier then to find the right kind of player to improve and evolve the team."
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #112 on: September 4, 2021, 02:01:40 pm »
We won the Champions league in 18/19 since then the lack of investment in the playing squad has been quite frankly farcical. It as if FSG have said right that is it we have got the fans off our back lets stop investing in the playing squad.

Since the CL win there have been five windows and over those five windows we have made a net profit on transfers. We were the top club in Europe and had a fantastic opportunity to use that to our advantage in terms of recruitment.

That would be fine if we had a fantastic squad but each season we go in short hoping to avoid a injury crisis. In 19/20 we had the preposterous situation of bringing Nat Phillips back for one game because the cupboard was bare.

Then last season we sold Lovren and didn't replace him and had a defensive crisis. For me getting 3rd place last season probably ranks as Klopp's finest achievement.

This season we have let Gini go without replacing him and are likely to be massively short upfront during the AFCON. We also have the problem of a lot of our key players reaching their thirties. We desperately need to start refreshing the squad.

I might not agree with the idiots on Facebook and Insta especially the amount of bile they come out with but the problem is that there is more than a grain of truth about FSG and their lack of spending.
Have you even read the thread title and Fizty's cracking OP?

You just can't help yourself can you - hijacking every thread to push your tedious FSG agenda - ironically in a thread that is highlighting the whoppers out there that pollute social media.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #113 on: September 4, 2021, 02:04:38 pm »
You should also point out that: a) we just spent £50m re-developing our training facilities and are now spending another £60m expanding the stadium... it doesn't all go into players.

F*cking dipshits.

Leicester has just spent £100m on a new training facility but still had a net spend of £60m bringing in the likes of Daka, Soumare, Vestergaard, Bertrand and Lookman on loan.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #114 on: September 4, 2021, 02:14:07 pm »
Have you even read the thread title and Fizty's cracking OP?

You just can't help yourself can you - hijacking every thread to push your tedious FSG agenda - ironically in a thread that is highlighting the whoppers out there that pollute social media.

So posts backing the owners like the one I replied to are fine. One's pointing out the concerns a lot of fans have over the lack of spending from FSG are heresay.

Yes I did read the OP especially this bit.

Over the past few days the cranks have been cranking it up. As the transfer window came to an end, internet users will have become increasingly aware that a cohort of Liverpool fans were dissatisfied with the fiscal prudence showcased by the club’s American owners.

Then you have the brass fucking neck to complain about me bringing up the owners. It's in the OP.

Let's be honest here there are extremists on both sides of the debate, so please do not try and discredit a point of view widely held by a lot of our fans by pointing out the idiots on one side and pretending that it is one way traffic.

It is like the politics in which each side just points out the nutters on the other side, instead of looking to see if there is a genuine point to be made.

« Last Edit: September 4, 2021, 02:16:55 pm by Al 666 »
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: September 4, 2021, 02:17:21 pm »
Dont pretend like it would matter one bit to these fans how much the club spends, just like the titles don't matter.
It's not about the actual signings or results, it's all about whining and making noise. They will never be satisfied.

I'd imagine their fans are worse because they haven't won a league in nearly a decade and haven't won a Champions League in even longer. Maybe in their case, once the joy of a big signing wears off, the amount they spend actually becomes something of an albatross. Their fans hated Woodward, despise their owners and before Ole they had several unpopular managers in a row.

I think in our case it's more the little things, a frustration that we're frittering something special away and allowing other teams to catch-up - or at least that's the perception. I'm sure there are fans who just like to whinge, but I do think success is a good tonic for that, and I do think people were fairly happy when we were running away with the league and winning the Champions League etc.
« Last Edit: September 4, 2021, 02:22:34 pm by StevoHimself »

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: September 4, 2021, 02:26:10 pm »

I think what I'm trying to say is that whichever club you support there is always some anxiety about failure. I think the Twitter cranks have a child-like response (to say why don't the club just do XY and Z) to this but that's most likely because they are literally children for the most part.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #117 on: September 4, 2021, 02:26:11 pm »
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #118 on: September 4, 2021, 02:29:14 pm »
A twitter low for me was last season when we were losing some games and Klopp's mum died. Some twat posted 'I think he may resign'. Then Chinese whispers and millions of posts later he was just about to go. Even Gary Fucking Lineker commented on it on MOTD.

All absolute bollocks of course that just grew and grew thanks to faceless nomads on the net. Like Spion I'm not on twitter or Facebook. Fuck the lot of it.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #119 on: September 4, 2021, 02:39:57 pm »
I'd imagine their fans are worse because they haven't won a league in nearly a decade and haven't won a Champions League in even longer. Maybe in their case, once the joy of a big signing wears off, the amount they spend actually becomes something of an albatross. Their fans hated Woodward, despise their owners and before Ole they had several unpopular managers in a row.

I think in our case it's more the little things, a frustration that we're frittering something special away and allowing other teams to catch-up - or at least that's the perception. I'm sure there are fans who just like to whinge, but I do think success is a good tonic for that, and I do think people were fairly happy when we were running away with the league and winning the Champions League etc.
Nah, I don't think the lack of titles matters, just like our CL and PL wins didn't matter more than for a few months. I don't think our fans are less entitled than 5 years ago. If anything, rhat crazy record breaking season set an absurd bar for what a good season is. We hear Neville saying that we don't look quite as sharp anymore. Well of course we don't. Well probably not dominate the league like that again in our life times.

Of course FSG can be discussed, although thats a different thread IMO, but I think it's an illusion that there is a level of spending or success that would satisfy everyone.
« Last Edit: September 4, 2021, 02:43:18 pm by jepovic »