Author Topic: Naby Keita Watch  (Read 1888304 times)

Offline shank94

• Currently at minus 10 and falling...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Naby Keita Watch
« Reply #15200 on: February 4, 2023, 05:02:18 pm »
Change his name from Naby to HalfVolley Keita. I swear he only tries the same thing each shot after the two that went in last season.
Everyone knows it's Shanks, Shank is part of my name.

Offline KloppCorn

• Kopite
« Reply #15201 on: February 4, 2023, 05:04:01 pm »
Change his name from Naby to HalfVolley Keita. I swear he only tries the same thing each shot after the two that went in last season.
it’s his signature trademark move much like Henderson’s side foot from the edge of the box or Hendo’s deep cross to no one at the back post.

Keita has no energy anymore. Still thought he was unlucky at times today. Should have had an assist for Salah who skied it as normal.

Offline shank94

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15202 on: February 4, 2023, 05:05:56 pm »
it’s his signature trademark move much like Henderson’s side foot from the edge of the box or Hendo’s deep cross to no one at the back post.

Keita has no energy anymore. Still thought he was unlucky at times today. Should have had an assist for Salah who skied it as normal.

I don't remember him doing that before those two screamers lol but now it's like this is the only way knows how to shoot XD

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15203 on: February 4, 2023, 05:06:37 pm »
Cant shoot for shit.

Offline fallenhd

• Anny Roader
« Reply #15204 on: February 4, 2023, 05:10:37 pm »
Should of done better with the chances he had but imo our beat player today. Pretty much everything good offensively came thru him especially the positions he constantly found himself in.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15205 on: February 4, 2023, 05:12:16 pm »
He tried, but just doesn't have it anymore.  There was a point he had some space to run into and Lemina caught up to him with ease.

His shooting is also terrible.  Like he's never struck a ball from the edge of the box before.

Yet he's probably one of our best midfielders at the moment and we need to play him.  Sums it up really.
King Kenny.

Online harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #15206 on: February 4, 2023, 05:23:49 pm »
Injuries have finished him off as a EPL player, so so slow.

Offline T.Mills

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15207 on: February 4, 2023, 05:38:05 pm »
Can someone explain to me how a top level footballer can be so shit a striking a ball! Unbelievable stuff.

Offline shank94

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15208 on: February 4, 2023, 05:47:24 pm »
Can someone explain to me how a top level footballer can be so shit a striking a ball! Unbelievable stuff.

I mean Robbo always skies it unlike Naby who always scuffs it and then there is Darwin who shoots straight down the middle. I started typing this as a joke but now I am depressed

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #15209 on: February 4, 2023, 05:48:24 pm »
Seeing him going down wanting protection from the referee after a couple of string but fair challenges really highlighted how lightweight our midfield is. No-one is up for the battle.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline medley

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Garrincha
« Reply #15210 on: February 4, 2023, 07:02:00 pm »

It's almost as if he's got too low centre of gravity to his body frame, when he hits his shots, and can't get any direction or accuracy on them. All of shots always seem very wayward and scrappy with no real purpose. We've seen him hit a couple of lovely bangers in years gone by but they are a distant memory
My mate is Sarah Harding's cousin from girls aloud, he looks a fair but like her which is a bit weird when i'm cracking one off over MTV like

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15211 on: February 4, 2023, 07:06:22 pm »
It's almost as if he's got too low centre of gravity to his body frame, when he hits his shots, and can't get any direction or accuracy on them. All of shots always seem very wayward and scrappy with no real purpose. We've seen him hit a couple of lovely bangers in years gone by but they are a distant memory
He was very good at long shots in Leipzig. He's just not been the way he used to be after joining us.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15212 on: February 4, 2023, 07:08:33 pm »
Well my four year old can strike the ball better, he had 3 decent chances.. My biggest concern as someone said above was when he burst through and then seemed to run through treacle and Lemina easily caught and dispossed him.

Seems the brain is as good as ever but his body just has been rattled through the years of injury and lack of game time.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15213 on: February 4, 2023, 07:09:36 pm »

That one he just scuffs across the ground...with that many bodies and legs in the way surely you wanna pick your spot and get some decent height on it so no legs can get in the way.

Just summed us up again

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15214 on: February 4, 2023, 07:09:52 pm »
Well my four year old can strike the ball better, he had 3 decent chances.. My biggest concern was when he burst through and then seemed to run through treacle and Leminar easily caught and dispossed him.

Seems the brain is as good as ever but his body just has been rattled through the years of injury and lack of game time.
I honestly don't know what happened to him. He was a very clean striker of the ball before he joined us.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15215 on: February 4, 2023, 07:11:04 pm »
I honestly don't know what happened to him. He was a very clean striker of the ball before he joined us.

Years of injury, I'd expect he's lost loads of muscle in his legs etc. Like when a player breaks their leg they need to rebuild the muscle on it entirely, but for Naby it's like his entire body.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #15216 on: February 4, 2023, 07:12:35 pm »
Injuries have just ruined whatever athleticism he had for this level. He's still our best option out there at the moment seemingly which is just a whole different discussion.

Offline PEG2K

• Could be Stan Boardman. Hates the Germans.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #15217 on: February 4, 2023, 07:15:04 pm »
A calm, composed finisher would have slotted it in the near post where there was no protection. Keita dragged it accross the goal with a lot of bodies in front, and even then he miskicked horribly.

Maybe Klopp needs to have a word with him, something like "Don't shoot, Naby. Your shooting technique is too erratic and it's not your role to score anyway"

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15218 on: February 4, 2023, 07:15:58 pm »
Atleast he's stayed fit, all you can ask for from him at the moment. Won't be missed when he leaves.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15219 on: February 4, 2023, 07:22:14 pm »

Injuries/time. You just have to watch the way Gerrard could only score through passing it into the net in his last few years when he was the best striker of a ball we’ve had.

He’s far from the problem in midfield - but it’s really time we stopped pretending he was anything more than decent. When he leaves there’s not a chance another top club go for him.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15220 on: February 4, 2023, 07:25:57 pm »
Atleast he's stayed fit, all you can ask for from him at the moment. Won't be missed when he leaves.

Unless we don't replace him.  But I'm sure we'd never do that.

Offline UNO

• Kopite
« Reply #15221 on: February 5, 2023, 05:18:21 am »
It’s a mystery that why he can never shoot the ball properly. He has a few good shooting opportunities yesterday and waisted them all. In my memory, he may only hit the sweet spot of the ball once or twice during his stay with us. I wonder why such a skillful player can never hit the ball at the sweet spot!

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15222 on: February 5, 2023, 08:13:50 am »
Early on it looked like he had the tools but could never quite put it together.  Now it's clear as day he's not good enough.  The biggest shame is that Klopp can't afford to have any bad signings.. under the current owners we can't write anyone off (even 5 years later), instead we need to extract as much value as possible which is going to be bloody tough with today's version of Naby.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #15223 on: February 5, 2023, 08:44:12 am »
He's finished as a top level player as if we didn't know this some time back.

Wish him well this summer.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15224 on: February 5, 2023, 02:47:35 pm »
Not doing enough to warrant a run in the team, you’d expect a 75 million quid midfielder to be able to step up where needed, but when has he ever?
Justice for the 96!

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #15225 on: February 5, 2023, 02:52:12 pm »
Not doing enough to warrant a run in the team, you’d expect a 75 million quid midfielder to be able to step up where needed, but when has he ever?

Which of our top performing alternatives should we drop him for?

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15226 on: February 5, 2023, 02:52:49 pm »
Which of our top performing alternatives should we drop him for?

Herein lies the problem.
Justice for the 96!

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15227 on: February 5, 2023, 03:19:38 pm »

You're right he was never a 75million quid footballer.

Offline MrGrumpy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15228 on: February 5, 2023, 03:22:52 pm »
My apologies, he has never looked like a 60 million Euro footballer.
Justice for the 96!

Offline fallenhd

• Anny Roader
« Reply #15229 on: February 5, 2023, 03:32:59 pm »
Well my four year old can strike the ball better, he had 3 decent chances.. My biggest concern as someone said above was when he burst through and then seemed to run through treacle and Lemina easily caught and dispossed him.

Would love to see a video of this. Hopefully you have him prepped for the academy. Seems a huge talent.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15230 on: February 5, 2023, 03:34:09 pm »

£75m is the new £52.75m

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #15231 on: February 5, 2023, 03:39:31 pm »
Injuries/time. You just have to watch the way Gerrard could only score through passing it into the net in his last few years when he was the best striker of a ball we’ve had.

He’s far from the problem in midfield - but it’s really time we stopped pretending he was anything more than decent. When he leaves there’s not a chance another top club go for him.

That groin op finished Gerrard in terms of kicking a football.

I believe Henderson had the same op in 2021.

Can’t remember if Keïta has had any groin problems amongst his several injuries.

Offline Tommy Torres

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15232 on: February 5, 2023, 03:39:37 pm »
His shooting is awful! Must be due a muscle pull soon too.
There's only one Sergio Torres

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #15233 on: February 5, 2023, 03:41:44 pm »
Injuries have wrecked him, think that's fairly clear.  He always looks off-balance when he shoots and doesn't have anywhere near the pace and power he showed when he first joined us.

He's a good player, but that's about it these days.  If this version of Naby was playing for another team, we would have zero interest in him.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #15234 on: February 5, 2023, 04:11:35 pm »
Ive had it with him. He's got all the talent in the world one of the very best and hes just sick noted 4 years and hes putting himself in the shop window while avoiding contact like the plague for the 5th.

He played 1/2 hour like he could the other day when Klopp re instated him due to a total lack of options and he was fucking amazing. AMAZING. Hes gonna look as flash as he can without getting hurt to grab another contract somewhere else.

The analytics guys had it right when they signed him he can do anything but the heart is totally lacking. He took his money and ran.

and before anybody pulls me up on it this is the first guy since Diouf that ive thrown under the bus like that. Totally sick of his shit.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline KloppCorn

• Kopite
« Reply #15235 on: February 5, 2023, 04:16:32 pm »
Ive had it with him. He's got all the talent in the world one of the very best and hes just sick noted 4 years and hes putting himself in the shop window while avoiding contact like the plague for the 5th.

He played 1/2 hour like he could the other day when Klopp re instated him due to a total lack of options and he was fucking amazing. AMAZING. Hes gonna look as flash as he can without getting hurt to grab another contract somewhere else.

The analytics guys had it right when they signed him he can do anything but the heart is totally lacking. He took his money and ran.

and before anybody pulls me up on it this is the first guy since Diouf that ive thrown under the bus like that. Totally sick of his shit.
Did he shag your missus mate?

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #15236 on: February 5, 2023, 05:52:09 pm »
Did he shag your missus mate?

He could've but he didnt try hard enough.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #15237 on: February 5, 2023, 05:59:50 pm »
Didn’t have the best of games but I still think he should starting. Fabinho and Henderson have been off form for months where as Keita has just returned to the side. The two goals conceded weren’t his fault and from then on we were always going to struggle to break down a resolute Wolves. He fluffed his lines in front of goal but so have Nunez, Gakpo and Salah.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #15238 on: February 5, 2023, 06:07:51 pm »
If this version of Naby was playing for another team, we would have zero interest in him.
You could say that about most of our squad.

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #15239 on: February 5, 2023, 06:12:13 pm »
You could say that about most of our squad.

Most? All of them with the exception of Allison.