Author Topic: CL Final 2018 - Kiev  (Read 169367 times)

Offline Eugene

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop.
Re: CL Final 2018 - Kiev
« Reply #2440 on: May 26, 2018, 10:14:19 am »
Where were most fans last night? Shevchenko park was quiet as fuck in the afternoon. Where people going today?

Before the match, everyone will be in the park of Shevchenko, then in the Golden Gate Pub

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #2441 on: May 26, 2018, 10:52:31 am »
:lmao

I hope you replied "my hovercraft is full of eels"

That's brilliant Kesey  :lmao

Deffo right up there with my travel stories. Just been out for a little walk and a bevvie. Hope Igor gets back soon as my feet are getting itchy.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Online elmothered1

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2442 on: May 27, 2018, 02:00:44 am »
Not what we hoped but my the women are fit here. Helping to ease the pain with a flight back not until the afternoon

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2443 on: May 27, 2018, 12:22:18 pm »
Not what we hoped but my the women are fit here. Helping to ease the pain with a flight back not until the afternoon

Totally agree .

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2444 on: May 27, 2018, 01:12:06 pm »
What a shit tip

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #2445 on: May 27, 2018, 01:21:09 pm »
What a shit tip
Kiev? To be fair I think as a city it did itself justice. Shevchenko Park was good fun and the weather added to the occasion.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2446 on: May 27, 2018, 03:49:42 pm »
I thought Kiev did a brilliant job. It's a shame it was so sour and stressful before, because it was all geared up for it.

It wasn't perfect like, but on the charters, Liverpool Airport had that pre check in bit which was fine, and lanes for charters.
Kiev airport did really well from what I could see - well staffed and guided through.
Queues and waiting expected, but it all flowed.
Them buses to city centre worked well.
Police and army seemed to get the balance right - there to be seen and available but definitely not looking to inflame any situation - thought they were a big credit.
All the locals really nice and helpful - seem cheerier than the Russians.
City was decent.
Shevchenko Park was big enough to cope.
Plenty of food/drink/toilets.
Stadium near enough to the ground to have a nice little walk.
Entrance to the stadium one of the best and easiest I've encountered this season.
Inside the stadium decent as well -none of the fun police stewards around trying to be too fussy about things - there in the background if needed.

It's just a shame it was so costly and difficult to get there because I thought it turned out to be a cracking venue.

Oh - and the women were really fit.

Offline anfieldash

• Kopite
« Reply #2447 on: May 27, 2018, 03:55:03 pm »
Totally agree. Vladimir and his mates did a good job, just a shame the logistics made the journeys such a pain.

Offline wewonit5timesinistanbul

• Kopite
« Reply #2448 on: May 27, 2018, 04:46:33 pm »
Security was poor in the stadium you could walk from liverpool end right round the stadium even had pictures taken with Madrid fans in their end. As for the buses back to the airport no issues and no need to wait until 2 hours before flight, we were due to fly at 0440 and got to the airport around 0100ish. No queues and no hassle everything went smoothly plenty of places to get food had a slight delay but nothing major. Kiev was sound as well only issues were getting to Kiev from the uk

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2449 on: May 27, 2018, 05:43:27 pm »
Security was poor in the stadium you could walk from liverpool end right round the stadium even had pictures taken with Madrid fans in their end. As for the buses back to the airport no issues and no need to wait until 2 hours before flight, we were due to fly at 0440 and got to the airport around 0100ish. No queues and no hassle everything went smoothly plenty of places to get food had a slight delay but nothing major. Kiev was sound as well only issues were getting to Kiev from the uk

We had a Real Madrid fan and his kid walk into the middle of the Liverpool section and take up seats......turns out his tickets where for the Madrid end........wasn't even drunk so don't know how you get that wrong.

Before they left we got the kid clapping and twirling his scarf to Allez, Allez, Allez..... :lmao :lmao

Offline thechulloran

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2450 on: May 27, 2018, 06:36:56 pm »
I thought Kiev did a brilliant job. It's a shame it was so sour and stressful before, because it was all geared up for it.

It wasn't perfect like, but on the charters, Liverpool Airport had that pre check in bit which was fine, and lanes for charters.
Kiev airport did really well from what I could see - well staffed and guided through.
Police and army seemed to get the balance right - there to be seen and available but definitely not looking to inflame any situation - thought they were a big credit.
City was decent.
Entrance to the stadium one of the best and easiest I've encountered this season.
Inside the stadium decent as well -none of the fun police stewards around trying to be too fussy about things - there in the background if needed.

It's just a shame it was so costly and difficult to get there because I thought it turned out to be a cracking venue.

My ticket was for the Madrid end but I got into the Liverpool end easily.

Worth being stranded there for.

I.love their eyes absolutely stunning.
"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists" - Tom Hicks

Offline lfc_michael

• Main Stander
« Reply #2451 on: May 28, 2018, 10:12:30 am »
We had a Real Madrid fan and his kid walk into the middle of the Liverpool section and take up seats......turns out his tickets where for the Madrid end........wasn't even drunk so don't know how you get that wrong.

Before they left we got the kid clapping and twirling his scarf to Allez, Allez, Allez..... :lmao :lmao

I saw two adult Real Madrid fans in the loos, so this wasn’t an isolated incident!

I thought there were insufficient loos (and why did they have only the one door as entrance and exit?) and there was confusing seat numbering. I didn’t twig at first that there was a seat 8 in every block, rather than seat 8 being a unique position in a row (as at Anfield). When I eventually found my own seat, someone else similarly puzzled was in it. A shame as well that the stand is set so far back from the pitch.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #2452 on: May 28, 2018, 10:19:06 am »
Still feeling absolutely knackered from the day trip!
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #2453 on: May 28, 2018, 11:23:04 am »
Still feeling absolutely knackered from the day trip!

Yep, I'm in work but can barely remember what day it is! ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #2454 on: May 29, 2018, 02:02:26 pm »

City was decent.

Agree with all of this. Had a great time and the Ukrainian people we met were absolutely sound and a credit to themselves and their city.

Shame about the result, but the build-up was absolutely boss and one of the reasons i'm not really that down about the outcome. Instead i've spent the last couple of days watching video's of Shevchenko Park and listening to Dua Lipa  ;D

It's a privilege to support this club, it really is.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2455 on: May 30, 2018, 02:14:32 pm »
Still not home . Just leaving Bristol and my own bed awaits. Ive slept in seven different places in eight days. Goosed.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2456 on: May 31, 2018, 05:45:22 pm »
Still not home . Just leaving Bristol and my own bed awaits. Ive slept in seven different places in eight days. Goosed.

ya big floosie
YNWA.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #2457 on: May 31, 2018, 08:36:47 pm »
Had a great time in Warsaw on Friday, likewise in Kiev on Saturday with the exception of the result. The weather was lovely, the food was nice, the ale went down a treat and the people couldn't do enough for you. Every time we pulled into the services from Kiev back to Warsaw, we were getting 4 cans for £2 quid. When we got to Lublin at 1:30am on Monday,we ordered 3 cheese burgers. They looked like the most disgusting thing ever but were the best thing we ate on the whole trip.

Offline cheshiremike

• Podcast/Youtube Addict. Sworn enema of CheshireDave
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #2458 on: June 1, 2018, 08:59:05 am »
Amazing trip and loved Kiev.

I was more down after the Europa league final defeat than this. We needed Europa league win to get in champions league and attract the players.

We are heading in right direction now and loving the klopp journey.

Offline dobbouk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2459 on: June 1, 2018, 09:22:19 am »
Juat got home after stopping in Vilniusnon the way back. Such a great trip! Love eastern europe

Offline Поля

• Boys Pen
« Reply #2460 on: October 27, 2021, 10:04:17 pm »
We booked with Dobovo yesterday. Apartment for 5 of us..... £561 for 2 nights (Friday and Saturday) 10 min walk from the ground. They seem pretty genuine and the owner is picking us up from the airport for 20 USD

Someone's wife from Ukraine in the LFC Red Indians group on Facebook posted some tips, that may be useful.

1. To all those still looking for accommodation head over to www.dobovo.com (Ukrainian airBnB) they still have apartments and studios available for match night . Usually you can get a studio for £20 a night but already some are over ten times this but still cheaper than a hotel

I also recommend https://doba.ua, very often I hear positive reviews about them.

Offline ohweloveyerbaldyhead

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2461 on: March 3, 2022, 05:42:39 am »
I know this is getting several steps ahead so forgive me! But with the Euro aways not counting towards next year's credits; what are peoples thoughts on the selling criteria for the final should we get there this season?

From memory in previous seasons anyone with all homes and one away was guaranteed for a final, do we think the aways will come into consideration for this years final should we get there?
Twitter: @loveyerbaldyhead

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #2462 on: March 3, 2022, 07:49:19 am »
I know this is getting several steps ahead so forgive me! But with the Euro aways not counting towards next year's credits; what are peoples thoughts on the selling criteria for the final should we get there this season?

From memory in previous seasons anyone with all homes and one away was guaranteed for a final, do we think the aways will come into consideration for this years final should we get there?
it'll probably be 1 away from 19/20 gets you a ticket or they might make the QF/SF count towards the final, I doubt any of the 4 aways so far will count what so ever

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2463 on: March 3, 2022, 10:06:02 am »

assuming we go through Inter wouldn't surprise me if the next round's away will count. a lot of European countries are relaxing requirements and it's getting easier to travel (less costs etc)

they already explicitly said the aways so far won't count as a credit for latter stages of the competition.
YNWA.

Offline deanloco9

• Kopite
« Reply #2464 on: March 3, 2022, 03:49:15 pm »
Got the feeling if we did then they will take Rome/Barcelona into count.

Offline Icky

• Main Stander
  • Kemlyn Road
« Reply #2465 on: March 3, 2022, 08:07:16 pm »
Got the feeling if we did then they will take Rome/Barcelona into count.
Plenty of aways after them two to use. 19/20 will be used unless the next rounds qualify for credit, if so back to the closed shop for away tickets people have had so far this season!