Author Topic: Apple iOS Apps Thread (iPad / iPhone / iPod)  (Read 440160 times)

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Re: Apple iOS Apps Thread (iPad / iPhone / iPod)
« Reply #3960 on: November 11, 2013, 06:56:10 pm »
My Son has downloaded a paid app €2.49 once I connect his itouch to my lap top and transfer app to iTunes on my Pc
Can I transfer it to my daughters itouch ?

Cheers

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3961 on: November 11, 2013, 07:29:11 pm »
My Son has downloaded a paid app €2.49 once I connect his itouch to my lap top and transfer app to iTunes on my Pc
Can I transfer it to my daughters itouch ?

Cheers

Does it use the same itunes account?

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #3962 on: November 11, 2013, 10:19:32 pm »
The 'Quiz Up' app (No. 3 in Itunes Chart) is very addictive. Over 200 topics you're quizzed on including Liverpool F.C, Premier League, 70s/80s/90s music, films, animals etc. You can play people from all around the world. Basically like a mini mastermind on your chosen subject.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline cissepower

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3963 on: November 13, 2013, 10:58:49 am »
The 'Quiz Up' app (No. 3 in Itunes Chart) is very addictive. Over 200 topics you're quizzed on including Liverpool F.C, Premier League, 70s/80s/90s music, films, animals etc. You can play people from all around the world. Basically like a mini mastermind on your chosen subject.

This is great, thanks for the heads up.
~~Justice For The 96, You'll Never Walk Alone~~

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #3964 on: November 13, 2013, 08:08:47 pm »
You bastard.

Offline StrikingMidfield

• Legacy Fan
  • A red and green heart
« Reply #3965 on: November 14, 2013, 04:59:24 am »
Brilliant app
Liverpool FC - Seattle Sounders FC

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3966 on: November 14, 2013, 07:46:15 pm »
Is it iphone only that Quiz up?

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #3967 on: November 14, 2013, 08:24:06 pm »
Does it use the same itunes account?
No

Offline Swissgaz

• Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3968 on: November 14, 2013, 08:44:03 pm »
No

Provided the PC is authorised for your sons itunes accounts you can connect your sons iPod to the PC and when it shows up in itunes right click and select transfer purchases. It will copy the app to the PC. Connect your daughters iPod to the PC and install the app.
"Sometimes you just have to chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is" - Daniel Sturridge

Offline Mal

• adjusted. The Preston Heston is Aylesbury Ducked. Accepts rubbers from any Dick.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3969 on: November 15, 2013, 08:28:55 pm »
iOS 7.0.4 lost/deleted all my contacts... My mac still had them & switching contacts off & on again on my phone & re-syncing fixed it... phew
@ManifoldReasons

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3970 on: November 15, 2013, 09:05:35 pm »
Provided the PC is authorised for your sons itunes accounts you can connect your sons iPod to the PC and when it shows up in itunes right click and select transfer purchases. It will copy the app to the PC. Connect your daughters iPod to the PC and install the app.

It won't if they are on different iTunes accounts will it?

Offline Swissgaz

• Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3971 on: November 15, 2013, 09:17:08 pm »
It won't if they are on different iTunes accounts will it?

So long as the PC is authorised for the iTunes account that was used to purchase the app it will be OK. 
"Sometimes you just have to chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is" - Daniel Sturridge

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3972 on: November 16, 2013, 08:35:18 am »
Anyone know any good deals on Ipad 2? Ł299 in tesco is the best I can find.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3973 on: November 16, 2013, 10:44:04 am »
So long as the PC is authorised for the iTunes account that was used to purchase the app it will be OK.

So if I've a load of paid apps on my iPad/iPhone, and plug in my GF's iPhone and iPad to my computer (and  authorise them on there), I can transfer all my paid apps to her devices?

Seems stupid for Apple to allow that to be honest, would make more sense for them to tie paid apps to an iTunes account rather than an authorised computer, but good if so.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3974 on: November 16, 2013, 12:24:01 pm »
There is a limited number of devices they can be on iirc
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #3975 on: November 16, 2013, 12:51:50 pm »
There is a limited number of devices they can be on iirc

five.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3976 on: November 16, 2013, 01:01:14 pm »
five.

I knew you could have 5 devices authorised on one computer, but does this mean all devices (even if all 5 have different iTunes accounts) can share their purchases?

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
« Reply #3977 on: November 16, 2013, 01:20:37 pm »
I knew you could have 5 devices authorised on one computer, but does this mean all devices (even if all 5 have different iTunes accounts) can share their purchases?

no - five devices can be linked to one iTunes account. :wave

Offline Swissgaz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3978 on: November 16, 2013, 01:34:16 pm »
no - five devices can be linked to one iTunes account. :wave

It's actually 5 computers per iTunes account and 10 devices in total per account (which includes the computers).

I manage 6 iTunes accounts on one iMac and it's possible to copy apps purchased with any of the accounts between the devices because the iMac is authorised for all 6 accounts.  On iOS 6 and earlier the devices will prompt for the account password if you try to update the app. I have auto update turned on with iOS 7 and the apps all seem to update without asking for a password. On the iMac iTunes is a bit of a pain as I need to switch accounts to update the apps.

Offline MichaelA

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
« Reply #3979 on: November 16, 2013, 02:12:11 pm »
It's actually 5 computers per iTunes account and 10 devices in total per account (which includes the computers).

I manage 6 iTunes accounts on one iMac and it's possible to copy apps purchased with any of the accounts between the devices because the iMac is authorised for all 6 accounts.  On iOS 6 and earlier the devices will prompt for the account password if you try to update the app. I have auto update turned on with iOS 7 and the apps all seem to update without asking for a password. On the iMac iTunes is a bit of a pain as I need to switch accounts to update the apps.

I had no idea - that's really neat. Are all of those accounts accessing the core music collection in iTunes?

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #3980 on: November 17, 2013, 09:58:25 am »
Chippy. Get on it.

Offline Swissgaz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3981 on: November 17, 2013, 12:23:10 pm »
I had no idea - that's really neat. Are all of those accounts accessing the core music collection in iTunes?

Yes, but I manage the music manually on each device. It's also possible to have separate libraries for each user by creating multiple user accounts on the PC/mac.

Offline ScouserAlec

• Kopite
« Reply #3982 on: November 18, 2013, 10:24:22 am »
Got an offer on at the moment for iPhone 5 charger cables ( iPhone 5s 5c, iPod Touch 5, iPad Mini iPad Mini2, iPad 4 5), I'm sure you are all aware how flimsy they are!

99p with free p&p

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151168671101?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_1160wt_1170

Trying to start a lil Ebay business so would appreciate if some RAWK users could help me out , the more people that buy the higher up my advert will be on the search.

Thanks

★      ★      ★      ★      ★
77     78     81     84     05

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3983 on: November 18, 2013, 12:06:24 pm »
Trying to start a lil Ebay business so would appreciate if some RAWK users could help me out , the more people that buy the higher up my advert will be on the search.

Can you actually make any profit from 99p items these days from eBay? By the time they take their cut through listing/final selling fees (is it 40p listing and 10p final value fee still?), and PayPal's fees, and then by the time you spend 50p on a 2nd class stamp (few pence cheaper if you buy in bulk) and another 5-10p for packaging costs.

You're looking at over Ł1 before taking into account the cost of the item to you!

Offline cjc9020801Beverly Hills

• Legacy Fan
  • We all dream of a team of Carraghers
« Reply #3984 on: November 18, 2013, 07:04:09 pm »
iphone 4s has a problem. It buffers sending texts, then says not delivered. Yet the messages are delivered...multiple times! spent an hour on phone to three iphone support and no joy.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3985 on: November 18, 2013, 07:18:01 pm »
imessages or proper texts?

Offline mactifosi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3986 on: November 19, 2013, 02:33:35 pm »
iphone 4s has a problem. It buffers sending texts, then says not delivered. Yet the messages are delivered...multiple times! spent an hour on phone to three iphone support and no joy.

Trying switching the phone on and off.

In my humble opinion it is a provider issue and re-connecting to the service through a reboot should correct it.

Offline Paulie's Wallnuts

• There's an old Italian saying: you fuck up once, you lose two teeth
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blow Me Fuckface
« Reply #3987 on: November 19, 2013, 02:52:11 pm »
I had an issue where imessages werent sending. press and hold the home button and the power button for about 5 seconds the phone will reset itself and make it work.

All the content will still be there though.
'If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing.'

Offline StrikingMidfield

• Legacy Fan
  • A red and green heart
« Reply #3988 on: November 28, 2013, 04:46:06 am »
Anyone play that Big Win Soccer 2014 game? Played the Hockey version for about a week or two and then found out that they made a Football version, seems much better than the Hockey one, but understandably has way more players making the competition harder. If anyone plays it, any advice would be very appreciated.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #3989 on: November 28, 2013, 11:20:49 am »
Anyone else ever come across this error when trying to restore or update software?

"Your iphone "iphone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (3)."

I've tried looking for information on this particular error but there's very little around. Some suggest changing USB cable/port or even trying a different computer. I've tried all and none make any difference. Others suggest it's a hardware fault, and i'm hoping this isn't the case because no doubt it'll end up costing a pretty packet to repair.

This started yesterday, when my signal just dropped completely and just sat at "Searching...". Resetting the phone had no impact on that, so I presumed I maybe needed to install the software update that was due. Then this happened and i'm now unable to even turn it on. I'm on EE, and it's a 4s.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 11:23:01 am by Grobbelrevell »
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3990 on: November 30, 2013, 10:08:04 pm »
Total Conquest isn't bad for free. It's a roman build a village/destroy other villages game.
You bastard.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3992 on: December 1, 2013, 08:16:35 am »
;D
I am waiting 6 days to upgrade my town hall 6 fucking days
W

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3993 on: December 1, 2013, 01:48:17 pm »
I am waiting 6 days to upgrade my town hall 6 fucking days

Tell me about it. Got 1 day left.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3994 on: December 1, 2013, 09:15:21 pm »
THERES A FUCKING BEAR IN THE WOODS BEHIND MY BARRACKS!!!
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3995 on: December 1, 2013, 09:16:54 pm »
AND A STAG!

It reared up on its back legs
W

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3996 on: December 1, 2013, 10:19:34 pm »
THERES A FUCKING BEAR IN THE WOODS BEHIND MY BARRACKS!!!
was it shitting?

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3997 on: December 1, 2013, 10:37:58 pm »
was it shitting?
No.

But I did check to see if it was.
W

Offline StrikingMidfield

• Legacy Fan
  • A red and green heart
« Reply #3998 on: December 2, 2013, 04:01:18 am »
I'm sure I'm waaaay late on this, but Candy Crush truly is fuckin brilliant. In all it's mainstream, luck based glory it's still a whole lot of fun. That added to the fact that they are always updating the game and there are loads of different mechanics have quickly made it my number one game.

Offline aaronaldo

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA
« Reply #3999 on: December 2, 2013, 01:49:54 pm »
can anyone help me find out what app this is? Was on the train the other day and this couple were playing a game on there phone. It was abit like articulate.

Word on the phone, you point the phone to someone else and they have to describe it to you and you have to guess the word. when you shake the phone it changes to another word.

any idea?