Author Topic: Lawless Liverpool?  (Read 180643 times)

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
Re: Lawless Liverpool?
« Reply #280 on: December 24, 2018, 09:08:30 am »
Last Friday was ridiculous for the amount of people out drinking, every pub around town I went to was overcrowded.

One example though which made me think that people are utter twats these days, I was in my work local - The Cross Keys on the Friday and managed to get a table. It was absolutely heaving as expected, but on the table next to us was a group of around four lads all around the late 40's age group. They were doing no harm, just drinking and chatting. But one of them, an older fella, was clearly pissed already.

The landlord, who is an absolute sound fella, outgoing and friendly (and a good red) came round to collect glasses and accidentally knocked an empty one over on their table. The landlord was like, "sorry fellas, my bad" which they grunted at, but when he'd walked away the older fella goes, "do it again and I'll smash yer fuckin teeth out ye c*nt". His mates were all highly amused.

I just thought, what a fookin tit this fella is, bit of Dutch down his throat and he thinks he's Billy Big Balls, just no need for it.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #281 on: December 24, 2018, 11:00:57 am »

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: December 24, 2018, 11:33:36 am »
That is fucking disgusting that. Hope the lad that went under is okay

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #283 on: December 24, 2018, 08:26:55 pm »
Last Friday was ridiculous for the amount of people out drinking, every pub around town I went to was overcrowded.

One example though which made me think that people are utter twats these days, I was in my work local - The Cross Keys on the Friday and managed to get a table. It was absolutely heaving as expected, but on the table next to us was a group of around four lads all around the late 40's age group. They were doing no harm, just drinking and chatting. But one of them, an older fella, was clearly pissed already.

The landlord, who is an absolute sound fella, outgoing and friendly (and a good red) came round to collect glasses and accidentally knocked an empty one over on their table. The landlord was like, "sorry fellas, my bad" which they grunted at, but when he'd walked away the older fella goes, "do it again and I'll smash yer fuckin teeth out ye c*nt". His mates were all highly amused.

I just thought, what a fookin tit this fella is, bit of Dutch down his throat and he thinks he's Billy Big Balls, just no need for it.

Not surprising as it was mad Friday, last Friday before Christmas has always been the same.
#Sausages

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: December 26, 2018, 10:06:18 am »

This country has a massive drink problem.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #285 on: December 26, 2018, 01:11:16 pm »
This country has a massive drink problem.

Throughout England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland and probably Isle of Man.

Offline ChrisOH

• Main Stander
« Reply #286 on: December 26, 2018, 01:38:16 pm »
Anyone know any pubs that show the 3pm games in town apart from Woody's? Out and about with me uncle now and need somewhere to watch it
Ye wha la.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #287 on: December 26, 2018, 01:39:53 pm »
Anyone know any pubs that show the 3pm games in town apart from Woody's? Out and about with me uncle now and need somewhere to watch it

Motel usually shows them.

Edit: Just realised this is the wrong thread
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 08:12:01 pm by Indomitable_Carp »

Online Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: December 31, 2018, 10:34:19 am »
Throughout England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland and probably Isle of Man.

I actually think it’s tame to where I am now. I live in Spain and they drink every single day without question and shot tonnes at weekend starting usually with a pint for breakfast. Yes we tend to binge in the uk but (well I certainly didn’t ) drink much if at all during the week.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Tsar Kastik

• Would welcome a premature one, apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: January 21, 2019, 07:56:23 pm »
Plenty well, no pray; big bellyache, heap God

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #290 on: January 21, 2019, 08:56:16 pm »
Ooh, on Edge Lane.

https://twitter.com/razza699/status/1087425374894600192

Seen a few of these videos on facebook as well, Gonna cost him a lot more than £600 in wages for all that damage!

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: February 8, 2019, 06:13:45 pm »
Two shootings last night. One on the Wirral in which a man was injured and another in the city centre in which a man was killed picking his 12 year old daughter up from a dance class.

What the fuck is happening?!

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: February 9, 2019, 12:11:52 pm »
Two shootings last night. One on the Wirral in which a man was injured and another in the city centre in which a man was killed picking his 12 year old daughter up from a dance class.

What the fuck is happening?!

All of the shootings sound gang related from reading the Echo website.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #293 on: February 12, 2019, 09:17:13 am »
Has Darren Gee ended up in the mersey yet?

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #294 on: February 12, 2019, 05:08:18 pm »
Has Darren Gee ended up in the mersey yet?

Was that a Gee family member that was stabbed to death in the straightener, that they just had the trail for? Danny Gee-Jamieson or something

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: February 14, 2019, 10:47:16 am »
RAWK the twitterati

Offline Capon Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #296 on: February 15, 2019, 07:49:27 pm »
Saw a vid earlier of darren gee from everton arguin with some lad called carpo

who is carpo? and whats that ''beef'' all aboot?
MAM!!! OUR BARRYS WEARING ME UNDIES AGAIN!! TELL HIM WILL YE!!

https://thedeadradiobroadcast.bandcamp.com/releases
https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: October 28, 2019, 12:53:44 pm »
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/east-side-boys-bomb-maker-17143297

Members of two organised crime groups who were involved in bomb making, firearms , shootings and drug dealing were jailed for over 300 years.

It's a very long read but its a huge gang taken down

Offline L8Craig

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #298 on: October 28, 2019, 08:05:41 pm »
Recognise a couple of them faces

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #299 on: October 28, 2019, 08:07:39 pm »
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/car-ploughs-group-men-outside-15591839

Horrible hit and run on Slater Street last night

Horrific that like. Did they catch the driver does anyone know?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Online gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: October 29, 2019, 06:39:41 am »
Horrific that like. Did they catch the driver does anyone know?

19 year old scrote got four and a half years and was already a convicted dealer who had never held a licence

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/slater-street-hit-run-driver-15872863

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #301 on: October 29, 2019, 10:47:43 am »
19 year old scrote got four and a half years and was already a convicted dealer who had never held a licence

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/slater-street-hit-run-driver-15872863

Thanks for that.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Jack the Red

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Never forget...
« Reply #302 on: November 1, 2019, 09:00:48 am »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-50256064

Right outside my sisters house, while her kids were out trick-or-treating. Fucking pricks.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #303 on: November 1, 2019, 12:30:05 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-50256064

Right outside my sisters house, while her kids were out trick-or-treating. Fucking pricks.
It's been a horrible couple of nights around the city.

A lot of people should be hanging their heads in shame today, but I'm sure they won't.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #304 on: July 24, 2020, 10:43:25 pm »
Stabbings outside the Shankly,

« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 12:16:31 am by John C »

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #305 on: July 25, 2020, 12:43:34 am »
Stabbings outside the Shankly,

Not so, according to police. Although there was a fight between Scousers and a group from St. Helens. Two people arrested up to now. One from Roby and one from St. Helens. Two people in hospital with head injuries.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: July 25, 2020, 07:03:14 am »
Was going to post this the other day but didn´t get around to it. But seeing as this thread has now been bumped:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/11/liverpool-gangs-dominate-gun-and-drugs-trade-outside-london

Organised criminal gangs from Liverpool have risen to the summit of the UK underworld and “dominate” the firearms and drugs-trade outside London, the latest intelligence from senior officers at the National Crime Agency (NCA) reveals.

Analysis of encrypted messages from a communications system used by criminals has shown that the city has become the preeminent location for top-tier gangs sourcing high-volume importations of drugs and automatic weapons.

Senior NCA firearms officers said that the city’s geography, its demographics, history of serious organised crime, and the willingness of gang members to embrace the latest criminal innovations were behind its rise.
Advertisement

While combing through data from an encrypted chat service gathered as part of Operation Venetic, the UK’s largest law-enforcement initiative, officers from the NCA’s National Firearms Threat Centre (NFTC) found that more than 70% of all links to weapons examined led back to Liverpool and the north-west of England.

(Continued)

I always knew the Liverpool underworld was one of the biggest, as it always will be in a port city, but I didn´t realise it was quite so dominant as that.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: July 25, 2020, 10:24:17 am »
Was going to post this the other day but didn´t get around to it. But seeing as this thread has now been bumped:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/11/liverpool-gangs-dominate-gun-and-drugs-trade-outside-london

I always knew the Liverpool underworld was one of the biggest, as it always will be in a port city, but I didn´t realise it was quite so dominant as that.

I think this has been the case since the 1990s.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: July 25, 2020, 05:48:44 pm »
8 have now been arrested 5 of which were later on at a pub in St Helens during a separate incident

Later in the evening, at about 11.30pm, an assault was reported at the Boar’s Head pub on Elton Road, St Helens.

Officers attended and five men were arrested in connection with the Victoria Street incident.

One of the suspects was reportedly racially abusive to an officer attempting to arrest him, and a quantity of white powder was found during a search of another of the arrested men.

A 25-year-old man from Sutton Leach was arrested on suspicion of three Section 18 assaults

A 28-year-old man from St Helens was arrested on suspicion of three Section 18 assaults and possession of a Class A drug.

A 30-year-old man from Thatto Heath was arrested on suspicion of three Section 18 assaults

A 31-year-old man from St Helens arrested on suspicion of three Section 18 assaults

A 37-year-old man from Thatto Heath was arrested on suspicion of three Section 18 assaults and a racially aggravated public order offence.

2 in hospital in a serious but stable condition. the other was later located and taken to hospital for assessment where he remains.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 05:50:51 pm by gazzalfc »

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: July 26, 2020, 08:29:47 am »
They sound like a nice bunch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: July 26, 2020, 10:08:15 am »
They sound like a nice bunch

Had obviously decided on an evening of inter City assaulting.

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: July 26, 2020, 10:48:29 am »
Had obviously decided on an evening of inter City assaulting.
We were out in town a couple of years back, we’d been out since about 10am and were on our way to get the last train back about 11pm and had a boss day, watched the footy etc

Some lad outside the Richmond near Williamson sq decided to start shouting abuse at one of our lads, and when he didn’t get a response decided to come over and start throwing himself at him. Looked absolutely manic, defo on something like. Thick Yorkshire accent. Bearing in mind there were 10 of us and one of him, he wasn’t backing down. Just had some unexplained aggro towards a random lad.

His mate eventually came over and dragged him away like it was nothing, half arsedly apologising to us that his mate had had a few stripes and was just a bit mad.

Why go out to just do shite like that? Bizarre.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #312 on: July 26, 2020, 11:11:11 am »
...Why go out to just do shite like that? Bizarre.

Nothing new there, that sort of idiocy has been present through the years.

There's always been some lads, and sometimes even more senior people, that just can't take their drink (or whatever) and turn aggressively violent at the end of an evening, seeking out fights for no reason whatsoever.

Not much you can do about it other than to try and develop a sixth sense and avoid them.

I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: July 30, 2020, 10:11:52 am »
Town of a night has gone toxic (pre lockdown), I honestly believe that after 7pm you can feel the atmosphere change for the worse.

I just wonder where it went wrong, is it a generation thing? I'm 42, I've been going to town since I was 17, never looked for trouble, never carried a knife, never took beak, never attacked a random person because I was too drunk.

Even now, my mates and I are all in our 40's, we go to town during the day for enjoyment, to sit and drink decent beer, watch footy and horse racing, have a catch up and have a laugh. Not once, not ever, has any of us carried a weapon or got into a brawl.

Now though, people are getting stabbed, slashed or threatened pretty much every weekend, its madness.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: July 30, 2020, 10:29:30 am »
Town of a night has gone toxic (pre lockdown), I honestly believe that after 7pm you can feel the atmosphere change for the worse.

I just wonder where it went wrong, is it a generation thing? I'm 42, I've been going to town since I was 17, never looked for trouble, never carried a knife, never took beak, never attacked a random person because I was too drunk.

Even now, my mates and I are all in our 40's, we go to town during the day for enjoyment, to sit and drink decent beer, watch footy and horse racing, have a catch up and have a laugh. Not once, not ever, has any of us carried a weapon or got into a brawl.

Now though, people are getting stabbed, slashed or threatened pretty much every weekend, its madness.

I was going to town in 1968 and after 10.30 Dale Street would be a battle ground. In 1969 one of the Ungi's was done for manslaughter after glassing a lad in the All Fours.

Whether it was as a bad then as it is now it's difficult to say but Liverpool City Centre, but all centres from Glasgow to Yeovil! have been plagued by this behaviour.

It's sad that you can't go out with this threat hanging over you. I've reached the age where we meet up for lunch, a few bevvies and then get the train home before the scallies hit Town.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: July 30, 2020, 11:37:48 am »
I was going to town in 1968 and after 10.30 Dale Street would be a battle ground. In 1969 one of the Ungi's was done for manslaughter after glassing a lad in the All Fours.

Whether it was as a bad then as it is now it's difficult to say but Liverpool City Centre, but all centres from Glasgow to Yeovil! have been plagued by this behaviour.

It's sad that you can't go out with this threat hanging over you. I've reached the age where we meet up for lunch, a few bevvies and then get the train home before the scallies hit Town.

Its probably not much different from 1969 to now, perhaps because its more visible to people through the internet, social media etc makes it seem like its on the increase.

My mates and myself are the same though, try to get out of town before all the scallies arrive.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: July 30, 2020, 12:08:14 pm »
I don't have many problems going out in town. Never felt particularly unsafe. That being said, I wouldn't go to Concert Square or Matthew street on a night out.

I think there are some really nice spots in town to go for a meal and drinks.

Bold st, Myrtle st, The ropewalks streets (Duke, Parr, Seel) Castle St, Albert dock, Baltic Market.

You're bound to get knobheads wherever you go. But I think most bars are more wise to it now .

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #317 on: July 30, 2020, 12:13:19 pm »
I haven’t been out in Liverpool for a long time but the talk of knobheads our looking for trouble is the same in most towns and cities across the country isn’t it? In recent years the worst places I’ve been are actually the smaller/mid sized towns, maybe because there’s a lot less choice in where to go so all the dicks congregate in one area.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #318 on: July 30, 2020, 01:11:19 pm »
It's not just full of pricks looking for fights, it's full of guys making it unsafe for women.

Twice now myself and my partner have been out and she's had something happen to her. Once two guys tried to pull her into a taxi as we walked back, and last week a guy shoved his hand up her dress as she washed her hands in a newly unisex toilet in McCooleys on Mathew St. It was a quiet Thurs night and we were having some drinks with 2 friends (we'd been on Castle St and was only place open later on). Thankfully it was caught on CCTV perfectly as it was that empty so police have the footage now. They did a runner before she managed to tell me and the bouncers though unfortunately  :no :no

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: July 30, 2020, 03:56:16 pm »
It's not just full of pricks looking for fights, it's full of guys making it unsafe for women.

Twice now myself and my partner have been out and she's had something happen to her. Once two guys tried to pull her into a taxi as we walked back, and last week a guy shoved his hand up her dress as she washed her hands in a newly unisex toilet in McCooleys on Mathew St. It was a quiet Thurs night and we were having some drinks with 2 friends (we'd been on Castle St and was only place open later on). Thankfully it was caught on CCTV perfectly as it was that empty so police have the footage now. They did a runner before she managed to tell me and the bouncers though unfortunately  :no :no

Fucking hell mate, sorry to hear that your missus has been targetted again by some fucking scum. Hope she is OK and not too badly affected by this.

Sadly, humans never change, this kind of shit has been going on for forever and just never gets better.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA