Author Topic: Upcoming Whats On Events  (Read 24911 times)

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Upcoming Whats On Events
« on: June 2, 2017, 11:08:24 am »
A thread to notify everyone of any upcoming events you have seen or attending that may not be well advertised in Liverpool & surrounding local areas.

After missing an event i would have defo attended inspired..

Gonna start it with the remaining schedule of events at the Sgt Peppers at 50 festival.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/sgt-pepper-festival-full-programme-12775869

Post recommendations or heads up to whats going on local here.

Many thanks in advance.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Upcoming Whats On Events
« Reply #1 on: June 2, 2017, 11:16:36 am »
Good idea this been loads of things over the years where I heard about it too late or attended something and someone then says I'd have gone to that . Went to the laces out festival in camp and furnace the other week and two lads knew nothing about it and would have come . I only knew because my 17 year old wanted to go so took him when I looked into it .

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: June 2, 2017, 11:23:04 am »

Good idea for a thread.  :wave

Would be better to copy and past the details though. that Echo site is annoying as fuck to negotiate. It's a horrible site to click on.  ;)

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #3 on: June 2, 2017, 01:34:07 pm »
Good idea for a thread.  :wave

Would be better to copy and past the details though. that Echo site is annoying as fuck to negotiate. It's a horrible site to click on.  ;)

Aye even worse when you're on your fone!  :D

I will bear that in mind when posting from pc at home.

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: June 3, 2017, 01:43:16 pm »
Great idea Medellin. Hopefully posters will keep it current
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline Mag Hull

• Lanca Shire
  • Kopite
  • Celebrating National Shite Day since 1968
« Reply #5 on: June 3, 2017, 07:02:48 pm »
Don't know what's planned, but Jimmy Cauty & Bill Drummond (The KLF) are up to something in Liverpool on the 23rd August - should be a bit special.....

http://k2planthireltd.com/
Get your fucking hedge cut!!!!

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #6 on: June 5, 2017, 07:39:09 pm »
Bierfest starts 29th June to those interested.

http://liverpool.bierfest.co.uk/place-and-date/#bierfest

http://liverpool.bierfest.co.uk/about/

GERMAN BIERFEST LIVERPOOL – ST GEORGE’S PLATEAU 29TH JUNE -2ND JULY 2017

St George’s Plateau is the perfect venue to host German Bierfest Liverpool! With its wooden huts, the FunTime area, the traditional Gardens and the Bavarian FestTent the German Bierfest Liverpool will be the ideal venue to enjoy a nice afternoon or evening. More than 10.000 visitors are expected for this years festival.

GERMAN VILLAGE OPENING HOURS

Thursday June 29th12:00 - 23:00
Friday June 30th12:00 - 23:00
Saturday July 1st12:00 - 23:00
Sunday July 2nd12:00 - 19:30
BAVARIAN FESTTENT OPENING HOURS

Thursday June 29th17:00 - 23:00
Friday June 30th17:00 - 23:00
Saturday July 1st - Afternoon 12:00 - 17:00
Saturday July 1st - Evening 17:30 - 23:00
Sunday July 2nd12:30 - 19:30
« Last Edit: June 5, 2017, 07:44:10 pm by Medellin »

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #7 on: June 7, 2017, 03:08:00 pm »
Link here for forthcoming events & attractions..

https://www.pierheadvillageliverpool.com

There is a big swing ship arriving from Hong Kong & priced @ £3 a go..i shat myself on one half the size of this!
Not sure when it arrives but the festival starts June 30 to Sept 10th & will be alongside another couple of thrillseeking rides.

Offline Tsar Kastik

• Would welcome a premature one, apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2017, 10:14:17 am »
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 10:16:29 am by Tsar Kastik »
Plenty well, no pray; big bellyache, heap God

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2017, 10:17:54 am »
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Sir Afghan

• "I, Stan!" Has the softest beard.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2017, 10:17:56 am »
This weekend

http://www.africaoye.com/

Every year i miss it and this year is no different, i'm out of town.

Sounds like the weather is going to be decent as well.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2017, 11:01:27 am »
Every year i miss it and this year is no different, i'm out of town.

Sounds like the weather is going to be decent as well.

I was saying to the Mrs at the weekend, 'when is Africa Oye, we need to keep the calendar free for it' and she found out it was this weekend coming, luckily we had nothing planned except some kids birthday parties in the morning.

Forecast does look decent, hope it's true!
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2017, 10:05:06 pm »
The Mersey River Festival 2017.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/mersey-river-festival-2017-set-13177984

The maritime event - which coincides with Liverpool being the national focus for Armed Forces Day on June 24 - will take place on Saturday, June 24 and Sunday, June 25.

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Liverpool Fringe Festival 2017
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2017, 11:08:21 pm »
Kicked off today, running for just over two weeks, though most acts are in the first week.

The Liverpool Fringe Festival is a brand new open-access fringe festival, set up by Liverpool based arts organisation Korova in the culturally rich, vibrant and exciting North-West docklands city. The festival is an exciting mix of theatre, comedy, dance, music, circus and more, in a selection of venues, initially in the Hope Street area with the aim of expanding across the city in future years.

Liverpool Fringe welcomes all performers from the world of theatre, comedy, dance, music, magic and more, whether you're a seasoned professional or a novice. We aim to help the development of the arts in the North-West, in a friendly and supportive environment, encouraging artists and audiences to mix with each other in a way that no other fringe festival does.

At the cornerstone of our philosophy is that the festival organisers don't select or censor any of the shows and the festival remains completely open-access. The inaugural Liverpool Fringe will take place in multiple venues across the Hope Street area

Full list of shows here:
http://liverpoolfringe.co.uk/subdomains/shows/

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/arts-culture-news/liverpool-fringe-festival-2017-everything-13183198

Most venues are on or near Hope St: Casa, 60 Hope St, Caledonia, Fredericks, 81 Renshaw etc

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2017, 01:23:29 pm »
Just a celebration of ket wigs surely.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2017, 08:58:28 am »
Conor Oberst (Bright Eyes) Libpool O2 Academy ...21st August 
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Sir Afghan

• "I, Stan!" Has the softest beard.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2017, 11:19:40 pm »
Conor Oberst (Bright Eyes) Libpool O2 Academy ...21st August 

I'm a miserable prick but the fact it's the academy is enough to put me off, if it was the invisible wind factory I'd have been all over it. Just hate that place (fucking tuborg!), it's shit.

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #17 on: July 7, 2017, 04:37:52 pm »
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/bold-street-throwing-massive-party-13298815

Bold St party this weekend with pop-up kitchens & plenty of freebies on offer.

Celebrating Bold Street will include a farmers market , arts and craft stalls, pop-up kitchens, street entertainment and much more.

Independent’s Week is celebrating the growing independent business community on and around the city centre including Castle Street, Old Hall Street, the Cavern Quarter, Church Street, Metquarter and of course, Bold Street.

Bold Street is now renowned for its eclectic independent scene and to really showcase what they have on offer, venues are inviting everybody to Celebrate Bold Street with them.

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #18 on: July 8, 2017, 10:41:12 pm »
^

Seemed no different from any other saturday on Bold st.  :-\
Disappointing..

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2017, 10:20:48 pm »
Sefton Park cricket club tomorrow from 12.45. Scooter rally, classic cars. Mod bands. Rides for kids.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2017, 11:58:19 am »
Soup, Song and Standup.  Today at The Brink, 5-7pm

Our friends at The Waveform Transmitter are launching #HousefortheHomeless the day before: an album featuring the hottest electronic music with all profits going to homeless charity Crisis. That's why it's only right to celebrate the album launch with our homeless friends, too!

We'll be at the Brink giving out free soup and hot/cold drinks. Our live act this time: the spectacularly brilliant Moxie! Behind the decks is the one and only DJ Aaron from Loose Joints. So join us if you're still able to stand after dancing your socks off the night before!

And please help us spread the word among our less fortunate friends. The Crisis team will be on hand this time to give advice and help.

link
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2017, 06:27:12 pm »
Sure you all know.

LIMF
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2017, 08:18:45 pm »
Apparently there is a chance we could see the Northern Lights from our region tonight.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2017, 05:14:52 pm »
Went to the gin festival at the Met Cathedral last night.

My girlfriend was taking her mum and her mum's partner as a birthday gift for her mum but the partner pulled out late on so I went instead!

Never been to anything like that before but thought it was really well organised. I spent 20 quid to get 4 tokens which allowed you to get 4 large glasses of gin. There were about 100 different types! Lots of samples as well and decent food on sale. Never really had much gin before but some really nice flavours - my favourite was a cucumber gin and ended up buying a bottle to take home!
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Hope and Glory Festival
« Reply #24 on: August 6, 2017, 09:52:00 am »
Hope and Glory festival .

Set up to be a great festival - Pretty decent ticket prices , good line-up , great location , great weather.

Well , what a monumental fuck up that was !

Don't know if anyone else off here went to this , but it beggars belief that that a music festival can be so disorganised .

The signs were ominous from the off . Jumped a bus in to town and getting off the bus saw queues stretching  around the back of St Georges hall . Took us an hour to get in !

Things got worse when we got inside . The Acts were already one and a half hours behind schedule and this was at 2pm . The sound system for the main stage wasn't working right which added further to the delays .An hour queue at the bar to get drinks . Ridiculous queues for the bogs , which seems to be a trait of all British festivals ( no separate urinals for the men ?). Poor site layout and crowd management - bottleneck could have got very scary ! Acts pulled or artist play list reduced to try and get things back on track .I could go on.

Surely there must have been some redeeming features . Nah , not really - it was fuckin shit overall.

The bands were good though , and luckily the crowd were pretty good natured all things considered . Could have turned nasty , but it didn't .Beer prices were cheaper than similar festivals - £4 a pint which wasn't too bad.

What is it with Liverpool and music festivals ? Sound City was great , but they've turned that into an overpriced , soulless piece of shit .

Back into Hope and Glory today , and expect to see improvements . They'll succeed because it couldn't be any worse .I'm headed in later , will watch the bands I want to see and fuck off out of there as soon as I can .
« Last Edit: August 6, 2017, 09:55:38 am by Spongebob Redpants »
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Hope and Glory Festival
« Reply #25 on: August 6, 2017, 10:26:10 am »
Ha - goes from bad to worse .

The event has been crucified across the board . The shithouse who run the festival have decided to lay all the blame on the production manager and given out his email address for complaints to be direct to him . utter fuckin cowards .Even if the production manager did fuck , it's a bit fuckin rich to back heel the whole miserable experience on to him .

Just read their twitter account and tis is the latest :

Hope & Glory‏ @HopeAndGloryFes 7m7 minutes ago

no festival today
0 replies 1 retweet 1 like

Hope & Glory‏ @HopeAndGloryFes 1h1 hour ago

Following the unfair and vitriolic comments, some of us have decided not to proceed
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: August 6, 2017, 10:29:26 am »
So unbelievable , you almost have to think that the Twitter account has been hacked !

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #27 on: August 6, 2017, 12:43:14 pm »
Confirmed it's cancelled, absolutely shambolic.
AHA!

Offline Shazz

• Boutros Boutros Shazz, negotiator of world peace. Got the hump. Looking forward to 1,500 pennies from 24/7.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Happy Hump Day
« Reply #28 on: August 6, 2017, 01:20:46 pm »
Lightning Seeds are playing at the Zanzibar tonight free to Hope Glory ticket holders.
http://www.voteswap.org/     

Get them out!

Offline sonny crockett

• Been highly respecting A@A since 2007, honestly, thinks the world of him!
  • Kopite
« Reply #29 on: August 6, 2017, 06:20:38 pm »
The graphic design and lineup video could've told you it would be absolute shite. When I drove past and seen the banners I laughed.

It looks like the work of students.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: August 6, 2017, 06:31:42 pm »
I've heard their twitter feed is a bit of a laugh right now.  Some small comfort.  But given what the ticket prices were, and that people were trying to pay on the door, it's pretty much been an omnishambles.  Glad I never bothered.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #31 on: August 7, 2017, 09:36:41 am »
appalling organisation, over selling and Mickey Mouse / bent event-management aside....who the fuck sanctioned the use of St Johns gardens / St Georges Hall and William Brown street for a private, paid for music festival?......
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: August 7, 2017, 09:50:34 am »
appalling organisation, over selling and Mickey Mouse / bent event-management aside....who the fuck sanctioned the use of St Johns gardens / St Georges Hall and William Brown street for a private, paid for music festival?......

I went up to Central Library yesterday and got stopped/asked where I was going because the entrance to the museum was blocked off.  There's a great big bloody stage there.  Setting aside for the moment that it's right next to a bloody library, ("shhh!") anybody could just sit there and enjoy a coffee, listening to the music for free.  What were the visitors paying so much for?  The luxury of spending £4 on a pint?

Popcorn's Art

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: August 7, 2017, 11:05:57 am »

As soon as we walked in we knew it was bollocks .

Liverpool Council have got some explaining to do also . For starters , someone should have checked out the background of the organiser , which is not that good . More importantly , someone will have had to sign this festival off from a Health and Safety point of view . It was anything but a safe festival .

Maybe the Council will follow the organisers lead and try and back heel any responsibility .

When we walked in , and after our tickets were scanned , we walked further down the line for the wristband . A friendly chap then asked if we had weekend or day tickets . We had weekend tickets anyway , but I'm sure there were plenty with day tickets who took the opportunity of free Sunday access . I'd hedge bets that's why the Sunday was cancelled as they would have no idea how many people would be showing up.

The event organiser are issuing a statement today , so be interesting to hear their explanation .

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: August 7, 2017, 11:07:13 am »
I went up to Central Library yesterday and got stopped/asked where I was going because the entrance to the museum was blocked off.  There's a great big bloody stage there.  Setting aside for the moment that it's right next to a bloody library, ("shhh!") anybody could just sit there and enjoy a coffee, listening to the music for free.  What were the visitors paying so much for?  The luxury of spending £4 on a pint?

That's true to a certain extent , but the access to the library / museum would have been closed off after closing time .

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: August 7, 2017, 12:11:22 pm »
People who bought tickets should crowdfund a legal case against the organiser, if, as it's looking they are trying to backheel any responsibility for the event and refunds aren't forthcoming. Not sure how that would work but seeing the arrogant and rude responses from the twitter/Facebook accounts of these people it's the least I'd want to do.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #36 on: August 7, 2017, 05:32:47 pm »
the event organizer Lee O'Hanlon.....one glance tells you he's a c*nt...

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: August 7, 2017, 07:51:36 pm »
That's true to a certain extent , but the access to the library / museum would have been closed off after closing time .

As far as I could tell there was no access to the museum at all - great for families or visitors to the city who want a free day out.  >:(

I also hear they were still selling tickets on the Sunday, even after they announced the event was cancelled.

Popcorn's Art

Offline sonny crockett

• Been highly respecting A@A since 2007, honestly, thinks the world of him!
  • Kopite
« Reply #38 on: August 8, 2017, 02:42:38 am »
Iain Lee Interviews Lee O'Hanlon from Hope and Glory Festival
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brOtgrYOHS0

This is worth a listen. Lain Lee tears him to shreads and O'Hanlon comes across as completely incoherent and a man on the edge.

Talking about pints of milk in his press statement is beyond a joke.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #39 on: August 9, 2017, 05:23:39 pm »
There`s a post of there from the organisers telling people to contact everyone but themselves for a refund then goes on a rant about being robbed the arrogant c*nts.

https://twitter.com/search?q=%40hopeandgloryfes&src=tyah