Author Topic: Liverpool news thread  (Read 121734 times)

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
Re: Liverpool news thread
« Reply #200 on: July 22, 2018, 08:03:23 pm »
↑↑↑

Compost ones too and take the shit around to Greenbank allotments . It's 2018 for fucksake.

Anyway.... just cycled home and heard someone remixy thing of Orange and Lemons Dreams of Santanna. The Hacienda stuff is on soon I do believe.

Anyone got a ladder or a badger ?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 08:11:18 pm by kesey »
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #201 on: July 22, 2018, 08:07:21 pm »
Only just saw your post, mate. Thanks for the offer, though.  ;)
I managed to get in ok and grab a parking space last night and the car is staying put until the festival is over now.

Cheers, bud.

C'est natural .
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #202 on: July 22, 2018, 11:24:36 pm »
↑↑↑

Compost ones too and take the shit around to Greenbank allotments . It's 2018 for fucksake.

Anyway.... just cycled home and heard someone remixy thing of Orange and Lemons Dreams of Santanna. The Hacienda stuff is on soon I do believe.

Anyone got a ladder or a badger ?

A badger?

You're not getting confused with Lallana's new hair style?

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #203 on: July 23, 2018, 12:59:21 pm »
Ridiculous toilet situation - not enough, felt like I was going through airport security, sniffer dogs, fellah opening and sniffing our drinks. Mate of mine said his water got taken off him because it was open. The reason I enjoyed this festival is because of the chilled atmosphere the music was always secondary as not many good acts were on - won't be going again.

"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: July 23, 2018, 05:37:27 pm »
Glad I never encountered any sniffer dogs!

The MSF had to go became a war zone with pissed kids everywhere.

On comes LIMF creating something different, that worked and was a great asset. As with many things, it's become a victim of it's own success and I'm not surprised they decided to ticket and don't really have a problem with that aspect. What is shite is the aforementioned bar prices and toilet situation. A big disappointment. Tickets and BYOB would have been fine.

The line up was also shite. A lot of R&B, grime shite. Think there was 2 heavier bands on across the two days. Hacienda completely wasted at an outdoor venue IMO.

They've got it wrong and probably know it - would imagine it'll either go back to being free next year or they'll just fold.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #205 on: July 23, 2018, 07:20:26 pm »
The Echo reporting no major incidents at the festival despite internet rumours of significant problems regarding outbreaks of violence and drug taking. One arrest for theft. Four for possession with intent to supply and four for assault.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: July 23, 2018, 10:22:57 pm »
The Echo reporting no major incidents at the festival despite internet rumours of significant problems regarding outbreaks of violence and drug taking. One arrest for theft. Four for possession with intent to supply and four for assault.
Reported as a major success with 50,000 visitors. I'm certain everyone had a great time, but there was an unusual amount of kids there with lots of stewards pegging it about a bit. I'm sure any trouble was proportionately low compared to the crowd size and I wouldn't want to use that as a negative. But the fact that lads were compelled to piss anywhere in the vicinity of the urinals - by woman and children was a disgrace.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #207 on: July 24, 2018, 10:01:11 pm »
Reported as a major success with 50,000 visitors. I'm certain everyone had a great time, but there was an unusual amount of kids there with lots of stewards pegging it about a bit. I'm sure any trouble was proportionately low compared to the crowd size and I wouldn't want to use that as a negative. But the fact that lads were compelled to piss anywhere in the vicinity of the urinals - by woman and children was a disgrace.

So, nothing changes with the toilet situation, then.   :-\

It's difficult to work out the truth on how it went. Officially, they are saying it was a great success, but it's getting slated on social media going by my partner who is up on this (Twitter/Facebook etc) kind of thing. I usually tend to believe those on the ground, having first-hand experience rather than official mouthpieces. Anyway, hopefully lessons will be learned along the way which might improve the event in future.

How difficult is it to bring in enough toilets? Also, selling drinks at reasonable prices inside helps reduce the amount of people feeling the need to binge drink before entering the site and lets people drink at a more measured, responsible pace.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #208 on: July 28, 2018, 01:40:37 pm »
A person got hit by a bus outside the Slug & Lettece around 5.10pm yesterday blocking the junction of Cook Street, North John Street & Victoria Street, which closed the surrounding roads causing chaos.
#Sausages

Offline L8Craig

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #209 on: July 31, 2018, 12:21:10 pm »
A person got hit by a bus outside the Slug & Lettece around 5.10pm yesterday blocking the junction of Cook Street, North John Street & Victoria Street, which closed the surrounding roads causing chaos.
I got stuck in the traffic having just picked my wife up on Lord Street. Must have happened seconds before as police flew past me as I drove up James St on the way to her. Haven't seen any more news on it but hope the person is ok.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 12:22:47 pm by L8Craig »

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #210 on: July 31, 2018, 12:37:08 pm »
That junction is a pain when walking. They don't have any pedestrian lights so you know when it's safe to cross and you can't see the traffic lights that easy either.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #213 on: August 21, 2018, 12:36:52 pm »
John the Spud who has a pitch by TJ's.
Crackin fella who is being shit on by the council.
20 years building up his business.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/popular-potato-salesman-john-spud-15053192#ICID=Android_EchoNewsApp_AppShare

Use the app.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
Anyone seen one of these?
« Reply #214 on: September 7, 2018, 06:19:38 pm »
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Anyone seen one of these?
« Reply #215 on: September 7, 2018, 08:07:19 pm »
 :wellin :wellin :wellin
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: November 17, 2018, 12:18:51 am »
Not sure where to put this but I was walking past that "lovely" new building that replaced The Futurist and noticed that Lidl and a gym were already moving in.  Fabulous.  Just what the city needed, right?

All we need now is a Ryman's and a Costa and we'll complete the set!
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: November 17, 2018, 07:17:45 pm »
I know it is the Wirral, but for fucks sake, who buys kids Canada Goose coats for school?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-46221556

A school in Merseyside has banned pupils from wearing expensive designer coats in a bid to stop "poverty-shaming" among its students.

In a letter to parents, Woodchurch High School in Birkenhead said pupils would not be allowed to wear branded coats such as Moncler, Pyrenex and Canada Goose.

Head teacher Rebekah Phillips said pupils and parents supported the move.

However, some people on Twitter have called the ban "absolutely ridiculous".

The labels banned by the school include children's sizes which sell for between £400 and £1,000.

The ban will be introduced after the Christmas holidays.

Peer pressure
Mrs Phillips said: "We are very concerned as a school about poverty-proofing our school environment and, as such, we met with groups of pupils and made the decision in consultation with them.

"The pupils spoke to us about the pressure on families and the pressure on themselves to wear particular branded coats. A few years ago we introduced a school bag for the same reason.

"We have had parents approaching us asking us to introduce a ban prior to us writing the letter."

There has been a mixed reaction on social media with people writing both in support and against the school's designer label ban.

One Twitter user wrote: "Absolutely ridiculous, banning those coats. It's a fact of life that there are poor kids, get over it."
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: November 18, 2018, 09:00:48 am »
I know it is the Wirral, but for fucks sake, who buys kids Canada Goose coats for school?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-46221556

A school in Merseyside has banned pupils from wearing expensive designer coats in a bid to stop "poverty-shaming" among its students.

In a letter to parents, Woodchurch High School in Birkenhead said pupils would not be allowed to wear branded coats such as Moncler, Pyrenex and Canada Goose.

Head teacher Rebekah Phillips said pupils and parents supported the move.

However, some people on Twitter have called the ban "absolutely ridiculous".

The labels banned by the school include children's sizes which sell for between £400 and £1,000.

The ban will be introduced after the Christmas holidays.

Peer pressure
Mrs Phillips said: "We are very concerned as a school about poverty-proofing our school environment and, as such, we met with groups of pupils and made the decision in consultation with them.

"The pupils spoke to us about the pressure on families and the pressure on themselves to wear particular branded coats. A few years ago we introduced a school bag for the same reason.

"We have had parents approaching us asking us to introduce a ban prior to us writing the letter."

There has been a mixed reaction on social media with people writing both in support and against the school's designer label ban.

One Twitter user wrote: "Absolutely ridiculous, banning those coats. It's a fact of life that there are poor kids, get over it."

There all fake rob bought from that place in manchester that does any clothing , jewellery or accessory for a fraction of the price .

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: November 18, 2018, 10:28:08 am »
I remember lads in school thinking my Le Shark school jumpers were fake and demanding to see the label.  That was 30 fucking years ago.  Can't imagine what it must be like for kids now.  :-\

Popcorn's Art

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: November 18, 2018, 12:05:40 pm »
I remember lads in school thinking my Le Shark school jumpers were fake and demanding to see the label.  That was 30 fucking years ago.  Can't imagine what it must be like for kids now.  :-\

Very good episode of Atlanta in season 2 where you see what its like with label/fake bullying in American schools, and its no different here in that regard. Such a sad state of affairs.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #222 on: November 18, 2018, 12:38:41 pm »
Kids can be twats, and even if you remove designer coats (like the school in question did with bags) they’ll just find another way to bully someone if they want to.

It’s nothing new either, it happened when I was at school years ago now, and no doubt has for decades before that.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #223 on: November 18, 2018, 12:57:30 pm »
I'd ban Canada Goose and others for using real fur :no but that is i general - or at least be honest and admit they use it, so people are making an informed choice, like so mny others at the moment.
We are a team of one half.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: November 18, 2018, 02:36:39 pm »

There all fake rob bought from that place in manchester that does any clothing , jewellery or accessory for a fraction of the price .

Cheers for clearing that up. I need a new coat, are they any good and whats the name of the place?  ;)

I had the same when I said my Ma had bought me a bubble coat for Christmas clothes, that was 1981/82 era. I ended up getting my Ma to let me wear it for school for one day only just to shut them up.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: November 18, 2018, 02:40:04 pm »
I'd ban Canada Goose and others for using real fur :no but that is i general - or at least be honest and admit they use it, so people are making an informed choice, like so mny others at the moment.

Canada Goose admit they use it. They say on their website it is ethically sourced.

Like they say, their gear is designed for use in the coldest places on Earth, so I can understand the use of fur, but not when the coats are being worn for fashion only in places like the UK, USA etc.

https://www.canadagoose.com/uk/en/fur-and-down-policy/fur-and-down-policy.html

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #226 on: November 18, 2018, 04:16:52 pm »
But so many don't so people don't realise. Real fur is cheaper than faux in the far east. Watchdog did a feature this week and I have seen other reports before. People should at least be aware. And most wear CG for show here ::)
We are a team of one half.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #227 on: November 18, 2018, 10:31:38 pm »
Kids can be twats, and even if you remove designer coats (like the school in question did with bags) they’ll just find another way to bully someone if they want to.

It’s nothing new either, it happened when I was at school years ago now, and no doubt has for decades before that.

Maybe they should just go back to school uniforms, with navy blue belted overcoats with epaulettes, like Prince Charles used to wear.

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #228 on: November 18, 2018, 11:22:32 pm »
Been an issue forever, if you didn't have Kickers in my school days, you were so out of fashion (I never wore them bad spoony French shoes). Kids will bully each other over anything and clothes is an easy one, school uniform doesn't stop it neither will all bags the same or Canada Goose coats for everyone.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: November 19, 2018, 09:35:21 am »
Been an issue forever, if you didn't have Kickers in my school days, you were so out of fashion (I never wore them bad spoony French shoes). Kids will bully each other over anything and clothes is an easy one, school uniform doesn't stop it neither will all bags the same or Canada Goose coats for everyone.

I went through the whole Kickers, Forest Hills, bubble coat shit too. My Ma was too skint to afford Samba so I got a pair of Bamba, carried a note off my Ma for years saying I was wearing trainees to school as she couldn't afford shoes and trainees.

Kids will always find ways to bully, its what kids do and expensive fashion is the worst.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: November 23, 2018, 11:09:55 pm »
Saw from the Echo today they're planning to shut down several major streets in Liverpool over the next 18 months for upgrade works - including narrowing Victoria Street and building the bus hub at the Haymarket.  Fun.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Capon Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #231 on: November 26, 2018, 10:03:31 pm »
Anyone know what theyre doin with the Queens Arms pub on Walton Road?

See theres builders in

Pub or flats?

Nice building that
MAM!!! OUR BARRYS WEARING ME UNDIES AGAIN!! TELL HIM WILL YE!!

https://thedeadradiobroadcast.bandcamp.com/releases
https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #232 on: November 27, 2018, 07:03:59 pm »
Echo's got good coverage of the trial of two guys accused of killing John Kinsella (known as Stevie G's fixer) and Paul Massey (Salford underworld legend), going on at the moment:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/gangland-feud-behind-stone-cold-15469224

Well worth a look if you're interested in that sort of thing. Apparently Massey was killed after a dispute between Salford gangs

Oh go on then, I'll save you the AIDS:

Gangland feud behind "stone cold murder" of notorious figures

Two men go on trial accused of murder over "assassinations" of John Kinsella and Paul Massey

By Neil DockingCrown Court Reporter,
19:44, 26 NOV 2018
Updated21:07, 26 NOV 2018

A gangland feud was behind the "stone cold murder" of two notorious underworld figures, a court heard today.

Prosecutors say John Kinsella was shot dead three years after Paul Massey was executed by a submachine gun-wielding assassin.

Both the victims, said to have been friends, fell on the opposite side of a violent dispute to suspects Mark Fellows and Steven Boyle, it is claimed.

Mr Massey, 55, was gunned down outside his Salford home in July 2015, before John Kinsella, 53, was killed near the M62 in May this year.

Mr Kinsella was walking his dogs with his girlfriend Wendy Owen - who was also shot at - on a country lane near their Rainhill home.

Boyle, 35, of Sandiway, Heywood, Rochdale, and Fellows, 37, of Sandy Lane West, Hulme, Warrington, deny two counts of murder and attempted murder.

Opening the case at Liverpool Crown Court, Paul Greaney, QC, said the victims were "friends and associates" drawn into a gangland war.

He said: "Each man was in his fifties when gunned down and each had a serious criminal history.

"Moreover, each was well known, if not notorious, within the gangland of the North West and both men undoubtedly had enemies.

"Their undoing has to do with events in the city of Salford, where serious violence broke out between two criminal gangs in 2015."

Mr Greaney said Boyle was a friend of Fellows, who was associated with a gang headed by a man called Michael Carroll.

He said Mr Massey was associated with a second gang - calling itself ‘the A Team’ - headed by a man named Stephen Britton.

Mr Greaney said Britton saw Mr Massey as a "mentor" and in turn, Mr Kinsella was "strongly associated" with Mr Massey.

He said: "The defendants and the deceased were on opposite sides of a feud between the Carroll and Britton gangs."

Paul Massey returned to his home in Manchester Road, Salford after a holiday with his partner Louise Lydiate - during which he was visited by Mr Kinsella - on July 25, 2015.

The next day he spent the afternoon with friends, including Britton, then returned home at around 7.30pm and parked his BMW on the road outside.

Mr Greaney said Mr Massey walked towards his front door, but a man ran across the road from a churchyard, "where he had been lying in wait".

He said: "He produced a submachine gun, probably of a type manufactured by the Israeli company Uzi, and he began to shoot Paul Massey."

The prosecutor said Paul Massey ran for cover behind some bins and called friends and 999, but was shot again and the "help came too late".

He said the gunman fled, behind the church, across a field and down a path by a railway. Mr Greaney added: "What had happened that evening was a stone cold murder."

The jury heard there was an extensive police investigation, but until this summer "the murder of Paul Massey remained unsolved".

On May 5, Mr Kinsella was targeted as he walked his five dogs with Miss Owen on his usual route near their home on Loyola Hey, Rainhill.

As they walked along a country track at around 6.45am, a man cycled up behind them on a mountain bike.

Mr Greaney said: "He came to a halt, then produced a handgun and shot John Kinsella twice to the back of his trunk, causing him to fall to the ground, face down.

"Wendy Owen charged at the man, and he then turned on her, shooting at her too, although fortunately he missed.

"She understandably fled, running towards and then jumping over a fence before fleeing on to the hard shoulder of the M62, where she was quickly able to flag down passing vehicles.

"This saved her life, but in the meantime, the gunman calmly cycled nearer to John Kinsella, pointed the gun towards him and shot him twice to the back of the head, killing him."

He told the jury there could be no doubt Mr Kinsella was the principal target of "another stone cold murder".

Mr Greaney said: "Furthermore, it is clear that the plan included an intention to murder Wendy Owen, either to silence a witness or to send out a particularly brutal gangland message that even the family of an enemy are not safe, or both. But that part of the plan was thwarted by the brave actions of Wendy Owen."

Mr Greaney said unlike three years earlier, "the killer was undone", as CCTV footage revealed the gunman had cycled from the area of Fellows' home to the shooting.

He said evidence showed Fellows was supported by "a spotter" parked nearby in a Renault Clio - allegedly Boyle - with whom he had a joint plan to murder the couple.

Mr Greaney said after Mr Kinsella's death, Boyle dumped his car and Fellows ditched his bike - both of which were disguised - plus expensive encrypted mobile phones.

The barrister said Fellows' link to the Carroll gang, on the opposite side of a feud to Mr Kinsella, was "a compelling case" that he was the gunman and his friend Boyle the spotter.

He said: "How likely was it that someone with a motive to wish John Kinsella harm would have been in the area of John Kinsella’s death at the time of his death entirely coincidentally?"

The prosecutor said "clear parallels" between the two shootings indicated the same killers were responsible, but Merseyside Police also made a discovery, which linked them.

He said officers seized Fellows' Garmin Forerunner GPS watch, revealing that months before Mr Massey's murder, he travelled from his home to the church, where the killer lay in wait.

Mr Greaney said Fellows spent eight minutes in the area, before returning home. He said: "This was plainly a reconnaissance run."

The barrister alleged the pair originally planned to murder Mr Kinsella and Miss Owen on April 29 this year - six days earlier - but "arrived too late to carry out the killing".

He said CCTV showed them travelling there and that Fellows accepts meeting Boyle in the area, but only to supply him with cocaine.

Mr Greaney said: "We will invite you to conclude that this explanation, if ever given from the witness box, is offensive to common sense and obviously wrong."

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #233 on: February 18, 2019, 09:50:03 pm »
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #234 on: February 23, 2019, 08:17:10 pm »
#Sausages

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: February 24, 2019, 04:37:58 pm »
Both Churchill Way flyovers to be demolished

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/business/churchill-way-flyovers-demolished-everything-15869473

Shame really.  Felt they actually served a purpose. Loved being on the top deck of the bus as it went over.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: February 25, 2019, 08:47:43 am »
Anyone know what theyre doin with the Queens Arms pub on Walton Road?

See theres builders in

Pub or flats?

Nice building that

It was gonna be shops at the bottom and flats above I think, the work has stopped though and it's boarded up again.

Offline Capon Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #237 on: February 25, 2019, 10:55:53 am »
It was gonna be shops at the bottom and flats above I think, the work has stopped though and it's boarded up again.
Ta.Nice buildiing that.The Thomas Frost has had a touch up n is looking sharp.Quite a few new places flying up around there towards the ground and up westminster etc.Gonna look smart
MAM!!! OUR BARRYS WEARING ME UNDIES AGAIN!! TELL HIM WILL YE!!

https://thedeadradiobroadcast.bandcamp.com/releases
https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: February 25, 2019, 07:57:30 pm »

Sounds like that new block being built at Islington.  And the one by Everton.  And the one on London Road.  And one up over by Brick Street.  And the one behind Exchange Street Station.

Lots of abandoned, half finished or barely started structures.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Tsar Kastik

• Would welcome a premature one, apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: April 2, 2019, 10:13:56 pm »
Cheering piece of news about the Royal Daffodil,  https://www.liverpoolcityregion-ca.gov.uk/new-home-for-royal-daffodil/

Metro Mayor Steve Rotheram is pleased to announce that Mersey Ferries’ Royal Daffodil is now with new owners after a deal has been secured with a leisure based company.

Royal Daffodil, which gave over 50 years of service, is now owned by local company Liverpool City Sights Ltd.

The vessel will now be moved from Duke Street Docks in Birkenhead where she has been since she came out of service in 2013 and is expected to be refurbished and then re-homed in the Canning Dock area as a leisure attraction.

The deal represents a £40,000 annual saving for the Combined Authority which will also be retaining the name Royal Daffodil for the new generation of Mersey Ferries – currently being procured by the organisation.

Steve Rotheram, Metro Mayor for the Liverpool City Region, said:

“I wanted to ensure Royal Daffodil was saved from the breaker’s yard, so I made a final call for expressions of interest from commercial organisations and interested parties in June 2018 and I am very pleased to be able to make this announcement today.

“The Mersey Ferries have a special place in all our hearts and this deal should give Royal Daffodil a new lease of life which I know people will be pleased to hear.”

Cllr Liam Robinson, Transport Portfolio Holder for the Liverpool City Region, said:

“It is good news that we have secured new owners for one of our beloved Mersey Ferries in a deal that is hoped will provide a sustainable future for her right here in the city region.”

A procurement process for a new Mersey Ferry is currently underway with announcements expected in the coming months, as part of a 20 year strategy to secure their future for generations to come.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 09:07:36 am by Tsar Kastik »
Plenty well, no pray; big bellyache, heap God