Author Topic: The Dispensary pub (Under new ownership)  (Read 87897 times)

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Dispensary pub (stay away)
« Reply #80 on: November 20, 2013, 02:22:38 pm »
haha...bunch of lemmo drinking fuckin tarts..........personally Im glad there are still alehouses like the Dispensary - run by miserablearse characters like Dave - around.............reminds me of the days bevvying around that area when every landlord was a moaning arle cnut...eg, the Gashouse on Duke St - when Billy Carty had it.....makes Dave look like Philip Schofield by comparison....and Joey Ando in the Munro around the corner who only ever cracked a smile if Everton won....by 3 clear goals.....or Psycho John in the Central , who'd be shirt off and toe to toe at the first hint of a sideways glance......fortunately though, town caters for all kinds of tastes these days, so if you want a Kumquat juice spritzer served by a smiling tip-hungry bellend you're spoilt for choice

Hehe the good old Gashouse!

Went to school just behind there, and went to the 1988 cup final on their chara.

Legendary fucking day! Btw it was on Kent St mate, not Duke St itself. Was in there the day that the lad from Kent St garage [which was right opposite] came in pissing himself laughing. Some bint had come in with a robin reliant, and he told her jokingly to park it over the inspection pit. Swinging like a fucking pendulum it was  ;D

The Munro was me arl fellas regular back in the day. Went to one of the Liverpool v Everton cup finals on their coach too. Couldnt get down the aisle for the wooden crates of ale stacked up down the centre of the coach. And to this day, I have never seen the like of the Frankie Vaughan videos they had on all the way down the M1.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2013, 04:31:09 pm »

Hehe the good old Gashouse!

Went to school just behind there, and went to the 1988 cup final on their chara.

haha I was on the same coach mate! - never seen an alehouse so chokka at 7am - with all hands carrying trays of lager back to the tables as if it was satdee fuckin night.......remember the trip back?... when Millsy walked into Hilton park services bollock naked with a lit ciggie hanging out the end of his tool?  ;D ....was on a downer that day cos of the result and ended up crying with laughter by the time we got home....
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Only Me

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: November 21, 2013, 09:30:14 am »
haha I was on the same coach mate! - never seen an alehouse so chokka at 7am - with all hands carrying trays of lager back to the tables as if it was satdee fuckin night.......remember the trip back?... when Millsy walked into Hilton park services bollock naked with a lit ciggie hanging out the end of his tool?  ;D ....was on a downer that day cos of the result and ended up crying with laughter by the time we got home....

:lmao Certainly do! Ste was a mad twat though mate. Did you see his match ticket that day? It was a home made job, in the days long before anyone knew what a laser printer was. Hand drawn in biro and coloured in by his own fair hand. Look liked a 4 year old had helped him out with the tricky bits. ;D

Before the coach left, I noticed me Uncle in the corner playing dominoes with all his mates. I said to me cousin that I didn't think his Dad would be arsed going all the way to Wembley cos he wasn't into footy that much.

Oh none of them lot are going the game, he says, they just heard this place was openin up early, so they all arranged to meet up for a few bevvies.

One of the funniest days out I ever had that one mate.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #83 on: November 22, 2013, 04:41:22 pm »
:lmao Certainly do! Ste was a mad twat though mate. Did you see his match ticket that day? It was a home made job, in the days long before anyone knew what a laser printer was. Hand drawn in biro and coloured in by his own fair hand. Look liked a 4 year old had helped him out with the tricky bits. ;D

he got in as well!  ;D ........

some characters in the Gas House in it's day though - was the best Sunday afternoon bevvy in town for quite a while, ...chokka every week - with an odd mix of all the locals from Kenty and a fair few of the posing crowd from the 'Conti' (DJ Tommy Burns and assorted cronies) congregating in the Pool room....- followed by the Sunday afternoon hunt for a an afternoon bender if arle Billy had a cob on and turfed us out (all day licensing was but a dream).....would usually end up in The Cleveland / Dirty Dicks / Peg Legs or even The Windsor despite it being moody as fuck.....favourite though was the Rifle Club - not far from the Gassy on Henry St.....bar at one end...fully blown rifle range at the other....now that's when Liverpool boozers had a bit of character  ;D
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #84 on: November 22, 2013, 05:09:35 pm »

favourite though was the Rifle Club - not far from the Gassy on Henry St.....bar at one end...fully blown rifle range at the other....now that's when Liverpool boozers had a bit of character  ;D

used to love the quest to find a sunday Bevvie in all kinds of weird snooker clubs, works bars lock ins and stay behinds but never went to the rifle range, must have been boss, but scary :D

from the other thread:

i

...the venue was named the Riverside Rifle and Pistol Club
its location was on Henry Street L1    directly behind Uglys  Nightclub (Duke Street)
access to the club was via a 3 storey concrete staircase  (ground floor steel door open on club nights only)
you then had to pass through a intercom system locked door on the club level floor!
remember peeps this was the only type of  un-restricted  FIREARMS Type  private members club in  EUROPE yes  EUROPE  at that time! with a fully licensed bar  And  Twin armoured plated viewing  glass in members lounge !!   the first and probably the last!!
with respect to the lock ins on a Sunday  (stay behinds for peeps on the wirral ;)  the fully licensed bar was one of a very few  minority of bars were at that time in Liverpool city centre  you could get a all day drink (legally)all  day, remember this was a private members club ;)
there was indeed strippers and local comedians on show, tucker chance, Jakie Hamilton(r.i.p jack),  Steve Faye, tom pepper, to name but a few! and many now famous gun and martial art enthusiasts and other local lads , Dennis Martin, Terry O,Neil, Mac (RFD) , Alfie Lewis, Gary Speirs, Tony chinn, Lewis Collins (late 70,s opening night) George and Ray Nicolas,  Terry(MR PICKWICKS), Ray and  Sonny Phillips(YANKEE CLIPPER) , lynchY (LIVER CABS) fergy (holiday inn) Alan rudkin (pro world chmp boxer) r.i.p Alan, brian maCaffry(champ boxer)   and all the old  skool  doorman at that time who would come to dads club on a Sunday afternoon to play pool  and chill out !! Neil Johnson ,BIG black George(flintlocks) Joe Mc(uglys), Big Bernie(studio 54), Brummie, H (Henry) and big Ritchie moleneux, Terry Kinsella(Hollywoods) Billy cowboy(SHENANIGANS) , Black Benny(Grafton), BIG Jake(big house) and big Billy Barnie, peter stockly, BIG BOB (DINGLE BUFFS) TOMMY, MICKEY AND TONY BENNETT, JOE RUTHERFORD R.I.P Joe  (GAZEBO JOE) 
they were great times never to be repeated in  Liverpool again  SADLY!

Offline Only Me

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: November 23, 2013, 10:37:51 am »
used to love the quest to find a sunday Bevvie in all kinds of weird snooker clubs, works bars lock ins and stay behinds but never went to the rifle range, must have been boss, but scary :D

It was boss mate. Two pence a bullet to go on the range. One of the owners (the little one) used to stand at the bar wearing a .357 Magnum in a shoulder holster. Never saw any trouble in there...

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #86 on: November 24, 2013, 09:00:02 am »
It was boss mate. Two pence a bullet to go on the range. One of the owners (the little one) used to stand at the bar wearing a .357 Magnum in a shoulder holster. Never saw any trouble in there...
;D

Offline Earl of Dingleberry

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: December 23, 2013, 05:58:01 pm »
Must visit this place. Sounds like Basil Fawlty on steroids.

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Salford - crime capital of England
« Reply #88 on: December 27, 2013, 05:45:10 am »
Must visit this place. Sounds like Basil Fawlty on steroids.

That would be funny if he started being called that.
"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second." Bob Paisley

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #89 on: February 10, 2014, 02:37:37 pm »

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: February 10, 2014, 02:53:08 pm »
Hahaha. Dearly hope that lad puts the video online!

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #91 on: February 10, 2014, 02:55:50 pm »
:lmao
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline JTK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: February 10, 2014, 03:07:12 pm »
My friends and I were on a Christmas pub crawl and The Dispensary was our third stop. First impressions were positive: Erdinger on tap; match on the screen... but then we encountered the manager, Dave, and his apparent audition to be landlord of The Queen Vic!

Drink purchased, leaning on the bar watching the match, I sang four words jokingly to a friend, "And if you know...", when Dave’s fist slammed down on my hand with great force. Gasps of disbelief rang out from my friends. Shaking the pain away our eyes met, “None of that in here!” he snarled. Rushing from behind the bar, Dave knocked a drink over my friend’s shirt, gripped me from behind and shouted, “Get out, you’re barred!”

Despite presently being shoved in the back and head, I tried to reason with him:
“Can I finish my drink?”
"Down it and get out!"
"Can I down it though or are you going to shove my teeth into the glass?"

Here's where it got weird! An onlooker had started recording the incident on his phone: presumably trying to capture the impossible feat of drinking a pint whilst being prodded intermittently in the head. Realising his lunacy was being captured, Dave channelled his energy into grabbing the evidence.

Picture the scene: a bald, fifty-plus bar manager and a lanky student wrestling on the floor of a busy city centre pub. Dave started with a bear hug from behind, but the student valiantly resisted and managed to sit down on the floor. Both having two hands on the phone, Dave proceeded to drag the student across the floor in his attempts to pry it from his hands. Eventually obtaining the phone, he rushed to the door and raised his arm to throw it. Luckily, a friend of the 'de-phoned' stepped in and grabbed Dave’s wrist just in time.

At this point I thought the bizarre events were over: the phone would be returned and I would finish my pint and leave... wrong! Queue a mass argument in the doorway and the introduction of a second, more significant, bystander. Dave, now backed by a second bald man, stood in the doorway refusing to return the phone. The student and his friends gathered on the pavement demanding its return.

Out of nowhere came the cry, "Police!" Everyone froze! Fortuitously, an off-duty policeman had quietly witnessed all the events transpire whilst attempting to watch the match. Finally losing his patience, he took charge:
"This has gone too far! I don't care about what's happened; I care about what happens now. Dave, return the phone... and lads, move on."
Dave, embarrassed and emasculated, handed the phone over and warned, "You better delete that video!"

Returning to his pub, Dave realised that my friends and I were still stood by the bar.
“I thought I told you to get out!”
“We’re not leaving our drinks!”
“You can drink them on the street... and make sure you leave the glasses!”
Having witnessed the previous events, we accepted this compromise.

I was motivated to write this entry after reading multiple reviews from people with similar experiences, highlighting that this sort of behaviour from the manager is not out of character. None of the events that occurred during my visit were necessary: they resulted from Dave’s intrinsic aggressive nature and senseless actions. Had Dave asked me not to sing, I would have, and the subsequent madness would not have followed.

I strongly advise that you avoid The Dispensary at all costs, unless you are actively seeking a confrontation with the infamous Dave!

Hahaha christ.

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: February 10, 2014, 03:10:11 pm »
:lmao Need to go for a pint at this place.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline Lee J

• As Streetwise As An Owl - Twat Twooooo! What garden? Likes to have his nuts felt, especially now he is Tufty The Squirrel.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
    • Work website
« Reply #94 on: February 14, 2014, 01:59:38 pm »
Been loads of times and the only time there was trouble was when Milan Baros was sitting in the back and all the girls wanted his autograph.

Gutted I've missed all the action though
As a young man Cameron looked out on the social carnage of pit closures and mass unemployment, looked at Margaret Thatcher's government and thought, these are my people. When all the debating is done, that is really all I need to know.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #95 on: February 14, 2014, 03:40:55 pm »
Looks like Crazy Dave is at it again. Doesn't like having his antics recorded

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g186337-d3672653-r193441567-The_Dispensary-Liverpool_Merseyside_England.html

who the fuck wants Bitter blurts singing shit in yer boozer?.....Hats off to Dave I say......pub legend

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #96 on: February 14, 2014, 03:45:54 pm »
“Excellent beer...excellent atmosphere”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Went here in our Villa shirts after the game with Liverpool. Everybody welcoming and happy to talk about the game. Shared a table with a group of people in their Liverpool shirts and we had a superb evening, making new friends.

The atmosphere was great, it's a busy pub. An excellent range of beer, several from Osset Brewery in Huddersfield, with outstanding White Rat top amongst them, closely followed by Buntingford Brewery's Polar Star.

The landlord kept everything ticking along, and was out collecting glasses himself regularly. That's a good way to get a feel for the customers. He also advised us on the best taxi firm to use.

A really enjoyable night, in a way all the better, because we came on the pub by accident.

“Possibly Liverpool's best pub”
Reviewed 10 January 2014

The Dispensary vies with the Ship & Mitre and Ye Cracke as the best pub in Liverpool in my opinion. It has a traditional atmosphere and several well kept ales, as well as a real cider (Addlestones). Whilst the Ship & Mitre has a better selection of ales, they are rarely as well kept, whilst Ye Cracke has a smaller selection and is a bit more grungy.

Yes, Dave the landlord can have a bit of a short fuse. This is a small and extremely popular (for good reason) city centre pub and he is perfectly entitled to choose whose custom he allows. Putting coats on stools is rude, if there are people without seats. Look carefully and you will see the coat hooks he provides. Anybody drinking water is not really going to be valued, as they're taking up space that could be taken by somebody drinking the beer! Whilst I appreciate that frowning on soft drinks is out of order, I have yet to witness Dave having any issue with this. Why would he stock soft drinks, if he didn't want to sell them.

As a group of Everton fans (Dave is a red), we are welcomed here before most home games. He does tell people not to sing football songs - fine by me, I'd rather sing at the match than at a TV screen. If you do feel the need, there are plenty of other bars in the city centre that probably won't mind.

You've only to look at how many contributions the negative reviewers have made (generally it's their only ever contribution) to see that there is some sort of campaign to slate Dave and his business.

So, please ignore these and read the reviews from people who are regular contributors to tripadvisor.

The Dispensary is a great little corner pub that I wished I had within 10-20 minutes walk of my house in London. As a CAMRA member myself, I sincerely hope that local opinion is not swayed by a handful of negative reviews on this site or any other. If touring pubs in Liverpool city centre interests you, make a beeline here and get a pint of real British ale in a traditional British alehouse.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: February 14, 2014, 04:50:54 pm »

who the fuck wants Bitter blurts singing shit in yer boozer?.....Hats off to Dave I say......pub legend

Yeah.  Lets applaud the guy who likes to follow women into the toilets and shout abuse.

Hope the place gets closed down or loses its licence.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #98 on: February 14, 2014, 05:46:34 pm »
Hope the place gets closed down or loses its licence.

neither of those things will happen...

boss boozer...recommend anyone visiting Liverpool to call in there for a pint

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: February 14, 2014, 06:22:22 pm »
S
neither of those things will happen...

Think its about 20 pubs a week closing right now. Got to happen sooner or later

Cant hide behind that 2011 CAMRA award for much longer. Does help that Daves missus is Liverpool CAMRA secretary though I'll give him that

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #100 on: February 14, 2014, 08:18:16 pm »
Is she? Since when?

I can check tomorrow but unless it was from last months AGM (was away with work so missed it) and they haven't updated their website, then she isn't?
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: February 14, 2014, 09:12:05 pm »
Well it looks like ive been misinformed

Was told that there was a reason why official camra complaints weren't getting through as she holds a position on camra liverpool

If im wrong i will happily apologise. But it wont change how i (and many of my friends)  think of that place

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #102 on: February 14, 2014, 09:41:00 pm »
And i know no-one who dislikes it.
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #103 on: February 14, 2014, 10:17:51 pm »
I will admit to having swerved The Dispensary since these pretty mental stories started popping up, but I must admit that I was in several weeknights last summer and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Great ale.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #104 on: February 14, 2014, 10:18:49 pm »

Offline lucas65

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: February 14, 2014, 11:05:03 pm »
Never seen any problems in there. Good place, great ale.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: February 14, 2014, 11:17:56 pm »
Been in loads of times, and I still do regularly/semi-regularly.

I've seen him have a face like chewing a wasp, on the odd occasion, but never seen anything worse than that.

It's one of the pubs on my usual pub crawl circuit, when I'm in the top half of town.

Offline AM76

• Joylessly cynical skimreader aka IQ76
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: February 16, 2014, 10:35:51 am »
Been in loads of times, and I still do regularly/semi-regularly.

I've seen him have a face like chewing a wasp, on the odd occasion, but never seen anything worse than that.

It's one of the pubs on my usual pub crawl circuit, when I'm in the top half of town.

Does he think he's some sort of hard man?  Sounds like an absolute dickhead.

Offline AM76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: February 16, 2014, 10:38:20 am »
Word of warning for anyone out there. Stay clear of the Dispensary in town

One of my mates has just come back from that place after being followed into the ladies toilets by the male landlord and was verbally attacked and intimidated for not 'drinking quick enough amd ordering a soft drink' before being thrown out with her mates.

She has reported the guy to the police for threatening behaviour.

Just in case people think its a one off ill point you in the direction of their trip advisor page

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g186337-d3672653-Reviews-The_Dispensary-Liverpool_Merseyside_England.html

If he did that to my missus he'd be waking up in the royal. Fella going into the ladies toilets??  Bad shithouse behaviour that

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #109 on: February 16, 2014, 01:51:17 pm »
How come this c*nt doesn't get sparked out regularly?
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline AM76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: February 16, 2014, 05:00:49 pm »
Like i said, he probably gets a kick out of the confrontation.

By the sounds of him, hopefully he gets a good twatting the next time he tries to front someone.

Herby

« Reply #111 on: February 17, 2014, 09:56:01 am »
I used to drink in here nearly every week.

I think some of those reviews on Tripadvisor may have been sensationalised - however, I can well imagine it being
mostly true.

Some times you can go in there and don't notice him - other occasions he'll be wound up over somethoing and will be having some
kind of "passive-aggressive" confrontation with someone.
A bit Basil-fawlty, but without the humour.

I have no idea what his wife makes of it - you rarely see her kipper down in the pub anyway.

Maybe she is the reason he's half bonkers.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #112 on: February 17, 2014, 05:29:12 pm »
I'm not being a killjoy or misery arse here, but really hope this dickhead gets put in his place or gets out the pub game sooner rather than later.
One thing I hate is the thought of visitors to our city having a bad experience, I've travelled all over the world and the majority of people love Liverpool and love us Scousers. It just annoys the fook out of me to think of someone visiting the city for the first time and having the misfortune to run into that crank.

Wanker of a man!  :wanker
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Only Me

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: February 18, 2014, 11:15:45 am »
Remember me Dad telling me about his local back in the day. He drank for years in the Dolphin on the Dock Rd [not the one in Canning Place] and he knew the landlord well, so he got to stay when there was a stay behind.

Anyway, one Saturday night [would have been the mid 70s], this nutcase that me Dad worked with turned up in there, and when it came to throwing out time, he was asked to leave. He had a moan about it because it was clear that loads of people were making themselves comfy for a nice little stay behind. The fella was told that such benefits were available to regulars only, and so he was again told to do one. Me arl fella said everyone thought it was going to kick off because their colleague was a known hard case and general scallywag, but a few of them managed to calm him down and he evetually left peacefully, although he was shouting to the Landlord that his pub was fucking shite anyway blah blah.

Cut to the Monday morning, and halfway through his shift, me Dad notices that his mad colleague has some very heavy and very recent bruises all over his gob. He goes over to ask whats happened and the fella tells him that he had a call over the factory tannoy that morning to say that there was an urgent visitor for him in reception. He went down there, and lo and behold it was the landlord of the Dolly, who immediately started twatting him everywhere for calling his pub shite. The two of them ended up scrapping on the floor for about 5 minutes, until some security guards pulled them apart.

"Give the little fucker his due for coming in here to front me up like that, and he can't half hit" says the fella. "Shook hands with him at the end".

Different animal in those days, your average Liverpool landlord.

Offline ctyapt

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA
« Reply #114 on: February 18, 2014, 11:42:16 am »
Used to go in the Dispensary but havent been in for a couple of years since getting barred for sitting in the wrong place and drinking at an less than optimal rate.. i was nicely pissed and am a friendly drunk in the main so was a bit taken aback by the way the landlord came at me, he got right in my face to the extent that my mates had to drag me out before it got out of hand.

the man is a fucking lunatic and has no business runnning a pub, ive no idea how he still is to be honest.. how he still has any customer and indeed a head on his shoulders is a mystery.

Offline Damo58

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: February 20, 2014, 06:11:30 pm »
He sounds like a bellend but this line creases me

"I sang four words jokingly to a friend, "And if you know...", when Dave’s fist slammed down on my hand with great force."

:lmao

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: February 20, 2014, 07:35:36 pm »
Used to go in the Dispensary but havent been in for a couple of years since getting barred for sitting in the wrong place and drinking at an less than optimal rate.. i was nicely pissed and am a friendly drunk in the main so was a bit taken aback by the way the landlord came at me, he got right in my face to the extent that my mates had to drag me out before it got out of hand.

the man is a fucking lunatic and has no business runnning a pub, ive no idea how he still is to be honest.. how he still has any customer and indeed a head on his shoulders is a mystery.

Sounds like a lot of his locals go there hoping to see some kind of car crash event for a laugh.  Maybe THEY'RE wondering if this'll be the time Dave gets his arse handed to him on a platter.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: February 21, 2014, 03:12:51 pm »
dont like the bozer anyways,bit of a hole if you ask me
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Pheeny

« Reply #118 on: February 21, 2014, 04:27:47 pm »
Both times I've been there it's been OK.

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #119 on: February 21, 2014, 07:35:34 pm »
dont like the bozer anyways,bit of a hole if you ask me
I think you've had enough anyway.
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"