Author Topic: The Dispensary pub (Under new ownership)  (Read 87896 times)

Online lucas65

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Dispensary pub (stay away)
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2013, 09:59:32 pm »
He's always been friendly when me and the wife have been in but we do sample his cask ales, and very nice too  :)

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2013, 11:21:03 pm »
Never had a problem there myself, but then I can count on one hand the number of times I've been in.  Heard there's a couple of ex-militants who used to drink in there and might still do.  Dunno if that has any bearing on things...
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2013, 10:33:29 am »
Never had a problem there myself, but then I can count on one hand the number of times I've been in.  Heard there's a couple of ex-militants who used to drink in there and might still do.  Dunno if that has any bearing on things...
CAMRA have a militant wing? 8)
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline TomMorganLittle

• Kopite
  • -P-U-N-X-
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2013, 10:55:33 am »

I'm going next time im in Liverpool. I find it hard to believe it's true!
-P-U-N-X-

Bastion of Invincibility

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2013, 11:00:38 am »
literally never seen a worse set of reviews for a pub haha. bloody hell its not exactly hard to run a mediocre pub. offer alcohol. check. offer seating. check. offer warmth. check. don't abuse customers...
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2013, 11:21:00 am »
I'm going next time im in Liverpool. I find it hard to believe it's true!

you wont recognize it from the description on here.....boss alehouse....with the emphasis on the ale....
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2013, 12:29:53 pm »
Been a few times myself, and never had or seen any problems.

Will report back if anything's changed - actually meeting some mates in there tonight!

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2013, 12:38:47 pm »
Been a few times myself, and never had or seen any problems.

Will report back if anything's changed - actually meeting some mates in there tonight!
Try getting a round of Britvic Oranges.
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2013, 01:12:14 pm »
Why doesn;t he stop serving soft drinks then?

Offline TomMorganLittle

• Kopite
  • -P-U-N-X-
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2013, 01:14:06 pm »
Why doesn;t he stop serving soft drinks then?

Yep, that would solve the problem. I'm surprised he's not thought of it. Perhaps he enjoys the confrontation.
-P-U-N-X-

Bastion of Invincibility

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2013, 01:38:53 pm »
find the place completely souless anyways.Ive not encountered any of the problems mentioned but to me it lacks something,dont really know what,but it is just dull
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2013, 02:21:14 pm »
It would be a good place to order that famous faulty towers round:

A GIN and ORANGE, a LEMON SQUASH...

Online 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2013, 02:45:00 pm »
Reading the tripadvisor comments makes me want to pop in for the match and a j20 tonight.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline Roady

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2013, 02:46:51 pm »
not sure why he is arsed about people ordering soft drinks? If you order a pint of coke its often almost the same price as a pint of ale. Plus a higher profit margin.

Offline TomMorganLittle

• Kopite
  • -P-U-N-X-
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2013, 02:58:05 pm »
not sure why he is arsed about people ordering soft drinks? If you order a pint of coke its often almost the same price as a pint of ale. Plus a higher profit margin.

Like i said, he probably gets a kick out of the confrontation.
-P-U-N-X-

Bastion of Invincibility

Offline Roady

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2013, 03:01:31 pm »
Like i said, he probably gets a kick out of the confrontation.

well yeah maybe.very odd. certainly nothing to do with profits.It costs less than 25 pence to make a pint of coke using the gas and syrup mixer. Thats huge profits considering a pint of coke sells for over 2 quid

Offline TomMorganLittle

• Kopite
  • -P-U-N-X-
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2013, 03:02:54 pm »
well yeah maybe.very odd. certainly nothing to do with profits.It costs less than 25 pence to make a pint of coke using the gas and syrup mixer. Thats huge profits considering a pint of coke sells for over 2 quid

Yep, ridiculous profit margins. Perhaps he's just the ultimate ambassidor for real ale?
-P-U-N-X-

Bastion of Invincibility

Online Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2013, 04:26:03 pm »
Dave - king of the kop. Don't sing - fuck off.
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline Torben Piechnik is my Dad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2013, 05:32:18 pm »
Dave - king of the kop. Don't sing - fuck off.

;D

I might pop in there next week after the derby just to see what all the fuss is about!!

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2013, 05:47:16 pm »
;D

I might pop in there next week after the derby just to see what all the fuss is about!!
Its gonna be chocka in there! (defeats the object of the thread, like).

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2013, 06:06:00 pm »
I'm now reading this thinking its boss reverese psychology cos there seems quite a few want to go in now to see what the fuss is about!

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2013, 08:35:57 pm »
I'm now reading this thinking its boss reverese psychology cos there seems quite a few want to go in now to see what the fuss is about!

Was thinking this myself the other day , could become a bit of a tourist attraction with the right publicity .
A bit like the Carnegie deli in new York where the waiters are a bit snotty

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2013, 08:38:41 pm »
Fancy a Vimto in there on Friday night? Best Fruit Punch in town this side of Victoria street.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2013, 08:56:46 pm »
"Come to The Dispensary and order a soft drink you soft arse, dare you"
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Herby

« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2013, 10:02:52 pm »
Have drank in there for years.

Someone said "from Dom to Dave" - which just about sums it up.

I remember one afternoon on a Beatles weekend Monday, it was quiet in there and he was trying to kick some lad out who was with his mate.
It was a weird scene (and was freaking me out a little as I had severe shakes from a heavy weekend of binging) as the lad seemed genuinely
convinced he'd done bugger-all wrong. Dave took his pint off him in the end - but the other barman (the really nice lad who died not long ago (sorry,
I'm bad with names)) was looking on and clearly didn't seem to think Dave was in the right.

He's a good red though  :-X  :-\
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 10:05:21 pm by Herby »

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #65 on: November 15, 2013, 10:14:40 pm »
Mark was the barman. Brilliant lad. The mild in there has his name on it.
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2013, 10:28:56 pm »
Never had or seen a problem in there myself, but then I've never ordered a coke in there...

I can I can't ?
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2013, 03:22:43 pm »
He's a beaut of the highest order, have had a few pints in there over the years and he's always had a face on him like he's sucking a lemon.

I remember one of my mates asking him what lagers he had on draught, he pulled a face then.

End of the day there is far better pubs in that part of town anyway, so the place is best swerved.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #68 on: November 17, 2013, 02:40:50 pm »
Shoking read

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2013, 03:57:20 pm »
its a fkn alehouse...if you want Cola go to that place that does shite burgers...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: November 17, 2013, 04:00:07 pm »
Lets be honest here, Dave isn't exactly the most smiley of people is he?

Was in there yesterday, and he was his usual self.  Neither good or bad, just Dave.

Never had a problem with him myself, and he even kept a watch on my bag for me when I went the bog.

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Salford - crime capital of England
« Reply #71 on: November 18, 2013, 04:13:21 pm »
Any photos of this tosser? Someone should secretly film the OCD fuck when he kicks off. Go in and order water.

Looking at its location on google maps, I have been there once before about 3.5 years ago with a mate. He drank and as I don't drink, I had an orange juice.
If he was there, he said nothing, but he would have been given abuse back had he done.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 04:24:02 pm by alfonso »
"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second." Bob Paisley

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense

Herby

« Reply #72 on: November 19, 2013, 07:42:31 am »

If he was there, he said nothing, but he would have been given abuse back had he done.

tremendously ambiguous statement.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #73 on: November 19, 2013, 08:49:34 am »
its a fkn alehouse...if you want Cola go to that place that does shite burgers...
Makes you wonder why he even sells it in there and prices it per glass, in the first place.

You could go out on a limb and be mad, and think he wants to sell it to make money from it. A radical concept I know.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline TomMorganLittle

• Kopite
  • -P-U-N-X-
« Reply #74 on: November 19, 2013, 09:40:04 am »

Nope, it's a public house. If you don't drink ale that doesn't mean you can't go in it.
-P-U-N-X-

Bastion of Invincibility

Herby

« Reply #75 on: November 19, 2013, 09:50:30 am »
Hi Dave
Ye miserable slaphead

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #76 on: November 19, 2013, 04:42:13 pm »

Fuck me, it's Al Murray!

« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 04:43:49 pm by Paul JH »
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #77 on: November 19, 2013, 06:35:20 pm »
haha...bunch of lemmo drinking fuckin tarts..........personally Im glad there are still alehouses like the Dispensary - run by miserablearse characters like Dave - around.............reminds me of the days bevvying around that area when every landlord was a moaning arle cnut...eg, the Gashouse on Duke St - when Billy Carty had it.....makes Dave look like Philip Schofield by comparison....and Joey Ando in the Munro around the corner who only ever cracked a smile if Everton won....by 3 clear goals.....or Psycho John in the Central , who'd be shirt off and toe to toe at the first hint of a sideways glance......fortunately though, town caters for all kinds of tastes these days, so if you want a Kumquat juice spritzer served by a smiling tip-hungry bellend you're spoilt for choice

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #78 on: November 19, 2013, 07:06:29 pm »
haha...bunch of lemmo drinking fuckin tarts..........personally Im glad there are still alehouses like the Dispensary - run by miserablearse characters like Dave - around.............reminds me of the days bevvying around that area when every landlord was a moaning arle cnut...eg, the Gashouse on Duke St - when Billy Carty had it.....makes Dave look like Philip Schofield by comparison....and Joey Ando in the Munro around the corner who only ever cracked a smile if Everton won....by 3 clear goals.....or Psycho John in the Central , who'd be shirt off and toe to toe at the first hint of a sideways glance......fortunately though, town caters for all kinds of tastes these days, so if you want a Kumquat juice spritzer served by a smiling tip-hungry bellend you're spoilt for choice

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2013, 09:05:31 am »

nah...the ale was shite in The Whitehouse...